Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting timing with this old thread getting a bump. I injured my sternum cartilage doing dips two weeks ago. It popped and hurt a bit, but just startled me more than anything. I could not finish my dips and was almost done with my workout anyway, so I just went home and didn't think much of it.

In the next few days it started hurting to do a lot of regular everyday movements, so I went to the chiro. I was getting better, and then six days after the initial injury, I flopped down on the bed and landed wrong and my sternum popped WAY louder than it did the first time and hurt much worse.

I can't do upper body or any of the big compound lifts, so I've been focusing on bodyweight and isolation exercises for lower body and trying (successfully!) not to let it drive me nuts. The good news is that I can start bench presses, etc. next week, with little tiny dumbbells.

The upside of this is that if/when I get injured again beyond the normal little aches and pains, I know what resources to use to be able to handle it mentally.

But I am putting dips on my "no-no" list. My shoulders and right hand were never happy with them to begin with, and this sternum thing pretty much seals the deal.

Ekenzie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A pop during dips happened to me tonight. I wasn't using weight, just on a bench. I'm having slight pain but just a little worried. How long did it take yours to heal? I hope someone is still on here. Thanks!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ekenzie View Post
    A pop during dips happened to me tonight. I wasn't using weight, just on a bench. I'm having slight pain but just a little worried. How long did it take yours to heal? I hope someone is still on here. Thanks!
    Where exactly was the pop?

Sternum pops usually are no big deal, maybe a few days of tenderness. A first rib pop is a byatch. A first rib you can put it back on your own. Youtube has some demos of how to do it.