clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Keto diet desserts

hey guys just wondering what some of you do to solve the sweet tooth cravings when on a keto diet

1 question i have is what are your thoughts on splenda? is it the answer to having less sugar or is it unwise to integrate into a keto diet

2nd question: a dessert idea i just tried tasted good and based on the nutrition labels it looks like a good keto dessert let me know your honest opinions about it..

plain Greek strained yogurt serving size 1 cup- 0g fat- 9g carbs- 20g protein
    ricotta cheese 1/4 cup- 4.5g fat- 4g carbs- 5g protein
    fruit punch flavored xenadrine rfa1 drink mix packets- 1g carbs (has lipocore, thermodyne complex, cytodrine)

this is wat i made

1/2 of xenadrine packet, 4 tablespoons of greek yogurt, 3 scoops of ricotta cheese 1/2 splenda packet, about 12 tiny sliced almonds and bout 6 drops of lemon concentrate.

is this a good dessert that goes with the keto diet? and what are some other ideas out there

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    watch those carbs.

splenda is ok IMO as long as it doesnt make u crave more sweets and end up breaking your diet.

heres a good idea: sugar free jello with some sugar free or some kind of low carb whipped cream

why would you use xenadrine in a dessert? normally u would want to be able to sleep

clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clubhoppin101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by EngUAFitness View Post
    watch those carbs.

splenda is ok IMO as long as it doesnt make u crave more sweets and end up breaking your diet.

heres a good idea: sugar free jello with some sugar free or some kind of low carb whipped cream

why would you use xenadrine in a dessert? normally u would want to be able to sleep
    well my mom had given me the box of xenadrine cuz she didnt like it lol i didnt like it either in a waterbottle it seemed to strong so i had the idea of maybe incorporating in plain yogurt or cottage cheese so thats y i used and it came out good taste wise

bout sleep im a natural insomniac lol i usually cant sleep anyway so advil pms are my friend lol

but do you think the portion i had has alot of carbs?

only reason i dont really do jello is cuz it has nothing for the body at least the ricotta and yogurt have protein and fat but ya i do eat sugar free jello here and their to

trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000) trygve is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by clubhoppin101 View Post
    hey guys just wondering what some of you do to solve the sweet tooth cravings when on a keto diet
    In the past I've made things like low carb muffins (chocolate and almond poppyseed), but that takes more time than I've had lately. My current favorite is sugar-free jello (plus unsweetened Kool Aid to give it a stronger flavor) topped with a thin layer of sweetened cream cheese. Next on my list is to make some dark chocolate bars from unsweetened chocolate, coconut oil, and erythritol. I'm figuring that might be a nice pre-workout snack.

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well my mom had given me the box of xenadrine cuz she didnt like it lol i didnt like it either in a waterbottle it seemed to strong so i had the idea of maybe incorporating in plain yogurt or cottage cheese so thats y i used and it came out good taste wise

bout sleep im a natural insomniac lol i usually cant sleep anyway so advil pms are my friend lol

but do you think the portion i had has alot of carbs?

only reason i dont really do jello is cuz it has nothing for the body at least the ricotta and yogurt have protein and fat but ya i do eat sugar free jello here and their to
    well u could add it up and see, i dont know how much a scoop of...is so i cant really say. ricotta and greek yogurt have a few more carbs than most people on keto want in a "dessert", if u had small amounts of these then no there probably werent many carbs in there, but also not that much fat or protein either

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sludge. protein powder w/amonds and a fatty scoop of pb
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Originally Posted by EngUAFitness View Post
    well u could add it up and see, i dont know how much a scoop of...is so i cant really say. ricotta and greek yogurt have a few more carbs than most people on keto want in a "dessert", if u had small amounts of these then no there probably werent many carbs in there, but also not that much fat or protein either
    by scoop is was like a slight mound on a table spoon not a huge glop and no i didnt eat alot of it at once just a bit to munch on

i think on the next batch i make ima make it lighter so i can eat more of it cuz the yogurt has 40g of protein in the container which is alot for the container size and alot for any yogurt really

i calculated what i ate to be about 9g of carbs and about 15g of protein and about 3g of fat

so ima see if i can make it close to 6-7g of carbs, 15g of protein, and 6g of fat but god i hate math lol thanx for your thoughts

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, today 2 spoons of PB turned into 1/2 a jar. So i'm going to go with that.

1/2 a jar of PB. haha!
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made the mistake of going to the grocery store and buying 2 massive bags of mixed candy that were on sale for Halloween, and these suger free whipped pudding things w/ 9G of carbs....

Anyways, I've had the whipped pudding for 3 days now and I think I just had my last one honestly because I can't stop thinking about the 2 massive bags of reeses pb cups, kit kats and take 5's i have in my freezer...

Ima try that sludge deal TheHeirApparent. Sounds like it might be alright w/ 2 giant glasses of water by my side.

On a side note, a little off topic, where do you guys buy products such as low carb BBQ sauce? Trader Joes I guess?
    Last edited by toolslave462@gmail.com; 08-31-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    I made the mistake of going to the grocery store and buying 2 massive bags of mixed candy that were on sale for Halloween, and these suger free whipped pudding things w/ 9G of carbs....

Anyways, I've had the whipped pudding for 3 days now and I think I just had my last one honestly because I can't stop thinking about the 2 massive bags of reeses pb cups, kit kats and take 5's i have in my freezer...

Ima try that sludge deal TheHeirApparent. Sounds like it might be alright w/ 2 giant glasses of water by my side.

On a side note, a little off topic, where do you guys buy products such as low carb BBQ sauce? Trader Joes I guess?

walden farms products! they have them at stores like that they even have that on bodybuilding.com store
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Check the keto recipe section, there is lots of good ones over there.......
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A_Jizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keto ice cream: whipped coconut cream+ scoop of whey+ almond paste or some crushed almonds.

Goes well with some melted chocolate. I use green and black, 85%, very keto friendly :-)

put it in the freezer for a couple of hours, and enjoy
    Keto: it makes sense and it works.

no carbs, gimme fats, keto 4 life bruhs

6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6pacShakur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Protein powder + some milk + nut butter...mix it up so that it has a thick consistency...put it in the freezer for a few hours and then enjoy. Tastes like ice cream to me.

Dry pressed cottage cheese mixed with nut butter. Tastes amazing.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    cheesecake is my vice

but if I want a quic n easy somethin deserty I just take some cream cheese n whip in a splash of cream a pack of sweetener and some lemon powedered sugar free drink mix .. lil bit of vanilla in it is decent too .. maybe some chopped pecans or whatever nuts you like

TA - DAAA!!
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I saw this part and thought i would suggest a supplement that I have taken that I really liked. Look up Lean dreams, I think made by ****. Not sure about the fat burning capabilities of it, but it helped me get to sleep and rest better. I am about to order up more of it. I hate to see people that take advil or tylenol pm every night because eventually you are going to build tolerance to the otc pain meds, and then if you ever need them, you are screwed. look it up, I have taken about 3 bottles of it, I see to feel a bit more rested after taking it as well.

Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post

You can also try vinegar-based (as opposed to sugar-based) BBQ sauces. Meyer makes a Texas Hot BBQ and Wing sauce with zero carbs.

Check your local BBQ store.
    Silly nurses...

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is my favourite

Half a can of coconut cream, warmed up to around 50 degrees
    1oz of dark 70% coco-solid chocolate
    2oz ounces of pistachios
    2oz whey

The coconut cream needs to be hot to dissolve the chocolate

Whizz this up in a blender, then chill it in the fridge. Total is 50g protein, 55g long-chain fat, 20g of MCT's and 20g of carbs. Personally, I'd split this into 2-4 servings.