Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

It's so hard to stay away from alcohol..because of society

I've been on a diet..since April..I used to drink sometimes but now I entered a 16 week program in which the trainer told me NO ALCOHOL ..but it seems SOCIETY thinks you need to drink every Friday, Saturday, Sunday..and happy hours during the week, if you say NO..then they think you are just not social.. I'm getting into a point I prefer not to go out..to stay away from these situations..

What do you guys do in these circumstances?

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ...I still say no? Theres no rule saying u gotta join in.

Myfriends drink like crazy. I still go out with them, but I have no problem whatsoever saying NO, no matter how much they ask. Now they just know that they have a free DD
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100) Masi23 is not very well liked. (-100)
    It sucks.

Usually i just tag along and drink maybe just one beer... or nothing at all.
    I can't remember when was the last time i got drunk. I think it was my birthday...

...which was 2 weeks ago ...no beers though ...just cognac and vodka!

John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol.. just don't slam down 65 drinks.. have 2-3..

No one likes a sloppy/violent/annoying/unmanagable drunk

anonymous
    it is hard not to booze, but not because of society.

i like to catch a buzz and sometimes (gasp) i like to be drunk.

Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000) Jerok88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Meh, I don't drink at all and I'm fine with it. Other ways to be social without getting plastered.
    ~Ron Paul 2012~

Kansas City Chiefs fan.

Kansas City Royals fan.

WalterSocbahk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tell me bout it! Mate of mine is home from Bemuda and there is a BBQ this afternoon. Loads of our friends are there, gotta go really!

Just gonna have a few beers and try not to eat too much.

NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just work it into your diet. 1 gram of alcohol is 7 calories.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Say no.
    Haven't touched a drop since 2006.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBert44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah man just drink 1 or 2 beers. You could even give light beer a go if you want to swing that way
    *Vancouver Canucks Crew*
    ★BlackBerry Messenger Misc Group★
    ★Manlet Crew★

be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know a lot of people think it's as easy as just saying no (in truth it actually is) but I find it VERY hard not to join in with my friends. I'm a social guy but I know I have a better time and I'll join in more on the fun when having a good buzz going.
    Now I'll just drink once a week and see that night if it is going to be a good night, then I'll decide to go with the flow.

Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ash16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wish I had the strength to say no and never drink again.. and to be happy with that. I've based just about every special, and some not so, occasion around drinking and I find it very difficult to just have a few.. for me its all or nothing. I havnt drunk in 7 weeks and it feels so good, i feel so damn healthy because of it, but I had an opportunity to go out tonight for a mates birthday and I decided I was going to go and accepted I would get plastered to have a good time because I think it is awesome fun drinking/dancing etc. Luckily for my body my wingman had to do missus duties so now I'm at home instead which I think is for the better.
    Probably the wrong website forum to ask this.. (should goto AA haha) but has anyone ever tried hypnotheropy to try get their brain to believe it doesnt like alcohol anymore?

i accept i will drink again but just hope i can keep it under wraps so I can continue with bodybuilding.. and soon a career in the force.

JamesGJFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah you're right. Even the best of friends will find it weird when you don't drink on a night out.

You could either, as few have suggested , just have 2/3 drinks and make them last.

Or instead of having a vodka and coke , just have a coke and tell people it's got vodka in it? lol

If someone goes to check , just say it was a weak one or something. There's ways around it anyway!

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    assign yourself as designated driver, but make it look like you are sacrificing for your friends.

"OH I would love to drink!, but someone has to drive your drunk ass home! sheeeesh the things I do for my friends"

<3

honestly though, for me, my friends know where I came from and Im pretty up front when I say "I don't drink empty calories of any sort, and I don't need alcoholic to have a good time"

it's now to the point where they understand (or at least don't give me too much ****) where I am coming from... going from the fattest friend to the one in the best shape in 8 months helps too.

I can't eat pizza (my staple food of yesteryear) you think Im gonna waste my deficit on Alcohol?!?! HAH! fat chance!
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JamesGJFX View Post
    Yeah you're right. Even the best of friends will find it weird when you don't drink on a night out.

You could either, as few have suggested , just have 2/3 drinks and make them last.

Or instead of having a vodka and coke , just have a coke and tell people it's got vodka in it? lol

If someone goes to check , just say it was a weak one or something. There's ways around it anyway!
    lol "friends".
    if they truly are your friends, they shouldn't be giving you **** for wanting to better yourself.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Society" does not negate your ability to just say "no", does it?

decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000) decz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    "Society" does not negate your ability to just say "no", does it?
    Of course it doesn't but it does feel like 'society' puts pressure on you to drink. A very good friend of mine is an alcoholic and currently 1 1/2yrs sober. Its nearly impossible for him to go through a single day in life without alcohol being presented to him (TV, magazines, radio, conversation, etc). I cannot understand exactly what he's going through but by paying attention to how often 'society' throws "drink alcohol!!!" in your face I can get a good idea of how difficult it must be.
    "Oh I like that, baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat. " -eminemBNJA

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by decz View Post
    Of course it doesn't but it does feel like 'society' puts pressure on you to drink. A very good friend of mine is an alcoholic and currently 1 1/2yrs sober. Its nearly impossible for him to go through a single day in life without alcohol being presented to him (TV, magazines, radio, conversation, etc). I cannot understand exactly what he's going through but by paying attention to how often 'society' throws "drink alcohol!!!" in your face I can get a good idea of how difficult it must be.
    well the same thing applies to former obese people like myself... you ever tried going a day without seeing, hearing about, smelling, or eating food?

self control is the issue, not the presence of temptation. I do believe that alcohol is heavily present in our culture (as well as other excesses) but if you can't hang out with your friends without them trying to force you into drinking, and you make your position clear, perhaps it's time for new "friends"
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jasonc06 View Post
    I've been on a diet..since April..I used to drink sometimes but now I entered a 16 week program in which the trainer told me NO ALCOHOL ..but it seems SOCIETY thinks you need to drink every Friday, Saturday, Sunday..and happy hours during the week, if you say NO..then they think you are just not social.. I'm getting into a point I prefer not to go out..to stay away from these situations..

What do you guys do in these circumstances?
    I sip a beer and try to be the designated driver.. nobody gives crap to the DD.

Also, as you lose weight, people are going to give you the same guilt trip, so better that you start dealing with it now anyways...

mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do what YOU want to do,not what others expect you to do...I rarely drink but when it comes to eating, some friends talk about my diet...I dont care...I just do what i want and i eat what i want...If they are my friends,they will respect it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143471063&p=854819153#post854819153
    Cut,cut, cut!

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have a couple drinks once a week, it wont negatively affect you in any way.
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RealMenDeadLift View Post
    Have a couple drinks once a week, it wont negatively affect you in any way.
    Bottom line.

The alcohol taboo on these boards is insane. Having some drinks once in a while is the same thing as having a cheat meal once in a while. Not going to affect you.
    Iron. Boxing. NFL. Mob stuff. New York City breed.

janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to have a desire to not want it. Just not wanting to drink won't cut it for a lot of people. You need to make your reason for not wanting to drink a good and tangible one for you.

I don't drink all that much but I was VERY addicted to pop. VERY addicted. By finally admitting what it was doing to me and that becoming a reality was the only way that I was able to kick it. Simply not wanting the bad parts of it was not helping at all.

Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im 19 and irish and have drank 4 times in the last year.You have no idea how hard it is.I don't want to drink and people label you as the guy who isn't any fun because of it.It is all about self control really but if im presented with a cheat meal and asked would i like a restaurant burger or 4-5 beers its the burger every time.Ppl tell me why care when your young.That is such **** its not as if the problems people create by abusing alcohol when they're young just disappear when the become more mature or fully-adult.

Bottom line is say no and be ****ing proud of it.We enjoy lifting weight and getting our endorphins from a way that doesn't leave us in the back of a taxi with hazy vision ,putting outr fingers down our throats to vomit.

Im proud of myself and anyone who resists alcohol should be proud also

Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    lol "friends".
    if they truly are your friends, they shouldn't be giving you **** for wanting to better yourself.
    This is a bogus point in my opinion. It's not on them to have to understand my goals. I understand they are only trying to show me a good time. People who make fun of you , or tease you for it however , aren't friends.

Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    im 19 and irish and have drank 4 times in the last year.You have no idea how hard it is.I don't want to drink and people label you as the guy who isn't any fun because of it.It is all about self control really but if im presented with a cheat meal and asked would i like a restaurant burger or 4-5 beers its the burger every time.Ppl tell me why care when your young.That is such **** its not as if the problems people create by abusing alcohol when they're young just disappear when the become more mature or fully-adult.

Bottom line is say no and be ****ing proud of it.We enjoy lifting weight and getting our endorphins from a way that doesn't leave us in the back of a taxi with hazy vision ,putting outr fingers down our throats to vomit.

Im proud of myself and anyone who resists alcohol should be proud also
    I'm irish too. Fair play to ya man. Around these parts you can get a fair bit of banter for not drinking on a night out! Keep up the good work

janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JamesGJFX View Post
    This is a bogus point in my opinion. It's not on them to have to understand my goals. I understand they are only trying to show me a good time. People who make fun of you , or tease you for it however , aren't friends.
    Then your friends are showing you a serious lack of respect. It shouldn't matter to them what your goals are, just that not drinking is one of them. They should be happy to have a designated driver lol.

wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50) wunabesk8r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    lol "friends".
    I thought that's what separated friends from other people...they give you **** all the time lol
    This is to my "ten-year story." In another decade you better be prepared for me.

iRapeBack alwayz.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So if you're friends pressure you to jump off a bridge, would u do it? LOL YES. I WENT TO GRANDMA'S LOGIC

We don't do this lifestyle because it's easy. Just gotta put on the big boy pants and learn willpower and self control. Or have A (as in single) drink, enjoy, and move on. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing event where you either never have a drop again, or binge like mad.
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive never in my life understood the fascination people put on drinking, it sickens me how people just need to have a drink in their hands at all times when it comes to the weekends, its ridiculous.

You dont need to follow suit, theres nothing wrong with a drink here and there but the way most of the youth and people drink these days its totally out of balance.

And no its not called being unsocial, its just called being smart. The people that need booze like its going out of style need it because they arent any fun without it, its like a cover up in their lives or something...its sad how many people i know that drink to such ridiculous lengths.
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!