lambo88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Routine and Nutrition. Anything I can add or doing wrong?

I read some threads in the "Workout Programs" section and decided to follow one of N@tural1's routines. This one:

A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week.

Day 1

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Work: 8 reps
    3x BB or DB Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
    2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4

4x DB or Incline Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps
    2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: On
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: On
    Day 7: Off

Do half an hour treadmill and half an hour biking on the "off" days.

I am around 137 lb and 5'6''. I just want to get a little volume all around my body, muscle volume not fat. haha. I do want to bulk up and I know it takes time.

Anyways, I got the Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate protein powder. Drink it early in the morning. Eat some scrambled eggs after. Get some chicken in for lunch. Workout about an hour after. Protein Shake right after the workout. Get some more chicken in later on. I am a college student and by "getting some chicken in" I mean eating a subway or some kind of healthier food from outside. Yes, I am taking in around 137 grams protein for 137lb of my weight.
    Is there anything I should modify, add, or take out?

I have been doing this for a week and I do see a little hardness if not volume in my muscles. Is that good/bad?

I'm just tired of looking like a sissy dude.
    Any kind of critique is valuable for me right now. Thanks in advance.

Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sarevok459 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doesn't look terrible...

In all honesty it will come down to how serious you train, and how serious you eat.

Being 137, I'm assuming this is your first time getting into the gym with the mindset of getting bigger/stronger...so your noob gains will start you off well.

Make sure you eat and train properly during this, and make sure you don't neglect things, or use improper form, etc.

Also make sure you're eating. That is extremely important. Also depending on how active you already are the cardio isn't super important imo.

lambo88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sarevok459 View Post
    Doesn't look terrible...

In all honesty it will come down to how serious you train, and how serious you eat.

Being 137, I'm assuming this is your first time getting into the gym with the mindset of getting bigger/stronger...so your noob gains will start you off well.

Make sure you eat and train properly during this, and make sure you don't neglect things, or use improper form, etc.

Also make sure you're eating. That is extremely important. Also depending on how active you already are the cardio isn't super important imo.
    Thanks for the reply. It is my first time getting into the gym with the mindset of getting stronger.
    Yeah, I'm trying to keep my nutrition at its best since it is an important part in developing muscle.

Shouldn't the treadmill and biking take care of the cardio? And I do park my car as far as I can from campus so I can walk and keep my body active and I also get easy parking that way. haha. Also, I never sit where I work. We basically have to walk around all the time. Shifts do go from 5 hour to 8 hours. That is 5 to 8 hours walking.