Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Becoming a Warrior for USMC

Becoming a Warrior for the United States Marine Corps (DEP)

My Schedule:

Mondays - Thursdays 6 P.M. - 7 P.M. P.T. Sessions
    >>>I'm trying to attend all four sessions; two are mandatory per week.

Mondays - Fridays 7:05 A.M. - 2:05 P.M. School
    >>>I have a Weight Lifting class ; I'm going to be focusing on strong lifts and power exercises.

Every Day (Waking up at 5:00 A.M. going to bed at 8:45 P.M.)
    >>>Waking up and doing three sets of pushups to failure & three sets of crunches (2:00 each set). 2 minutes between each set.
    >>>Doing any studying/homework that I have to do for school. (study sessions would be about 20 minutes; homework is usually done pretty quick)
    >>>Running two 3-Miles for time back to back (5 minute rests) Once I hit the 3-Mile in 18:00 I'll be adding on one extra mile.
    >>>Spare time; going to my gym to practice pullups/ammo can lifts (with DB's)

Start Date: 8/18/2013
    End Date: --/--/----

By January 2014
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I want to be able to do a 3-Mile run within 18:00
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I want to be able to do 30 Marine Pullups
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I want to be able to do 100 crunches within 2:00
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I want to be able to do an 880yd. sprint within 2:45
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I want to be able to do 100 Pushups
    Last edited by SMstikx7; 08-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    "Anything is possible. As long as you want it, you'll work for it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, the only person who can really put pressure on you is yourself." - Michael Phelps

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - United States Marine Corps

Registered User TungstenCarbide's Avatar
    TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed.

Strong goals just around the corner. I don't think you got it in you, you DISGUSTING FATBODY!

Last edited by TungstenCarbide; 08-17-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    AllPros FTW!

USMC checking in.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed.

Better not let me down. :P
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Tungsten, I honestly think the only great part about that movie was boot camp. Everything after that, minus the firefight, was mediocre. IMO
    "Anything is possible. As long as you want it, you'll work for it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, the only person who can really put pressure on you is yourself." - Michael Phelps

Registered User TungstenCarbide's Avatar
    TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SMstikx7 View Post
    Tungsten, I honestly think the only great part about that movie was boot camp. Everything after that, minus the firefight, was mediocre. IMO
    There was a part after boot camp?? Don't tell any Marines I said this, but I thought the whole movie sucked after the opening scene...

Basic was WAY more chaotic, and WAY more of a Hellhole that what was depicted in that movie. On top of that, the Senior would sit back as five drill instructors swarmed the squad bay, led by the Heavy who was the freakin devil himself....

FMJ is a walk in the park compared to real boot camp.
    AllPros FTW!

USMC checking in.

Originally Posted by TungstenCarbide View Post
    There was a part after boot camp?? Don't tell any Marines I said this, but I thought the whole movie sucked after the opening scene...
    I know right?

CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck to you man, a little motivation to keep you going
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v2_QIhk0jQ
    Current:Goals
    PC 185:225
    BP 205:225
    Squat 245:315
    Deadlift 345:405

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed you you better not let me the fuk down poolie. I lol'ed at the 845 bed time, we never hit the bunks than early, seemed like it was 0200 then up at 0300.
    OG

For this week I'm going to be running on a treadmill. Just to build up my endurance; after that all runs will be done outside.

CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptLemeow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    are you going to be just doing straight 3+ mile long runs all the time?

Yea. January I want to be able to do 3 miles within 18:00. Doing two of them back to back every day that I can. Why?

P.O.P Pimp Squad IronAddict1775's Avatar
    IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed.

And what mos are u planning on op?
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew
    *Nervous Before a Haircut Crew
    **Bakersfield Misc Crew**

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea. January I want to be able to do 3 miles within 18:00. Doing two of them back to back every day that I can. Why?
    You need to do some longer runs as we. 6-12 miles. When we do out ot we're running well over 3 miles.
    OG

I'd like to be linguist; however I will be choosing around the 26th (when I take my ASVAB). I'm studying all week long this week so I can get something that's not infantry. I'm not looking to go to combat at age 18..

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    You need to do some longer runs as we. 6-12 miles. When we do out ot we're running well over 3 miles.
    At what pace? No way I could do 6-12 at a 6min pace

IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronAddict1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd like to be linguist; however I will be choosing around the 26th (when I take my ASVAB). I'm studying all week long this week so I can get something that's not infantry. I'm not looking to go to combat at age 18..
    Yeah im looking to be 0311 or. 0331 in infantry. I guess everyone has different goals. But good luck op

Edit: 0311 is rifleman and 0331 is machine gunner btw
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew

Originally Posted by IronAddict1775 View Post
    Yeah im looking to be 0311 or. 0331 in infantry. I guess everyone has different goals. But good luck op
    Thanks. I'm looking to be a lingust, in my spare time getting black belt in MCMAP and becoming an Instructor-Trainer. I wish I did MMA as a kid, it was always a dream of mine. I'm all out for it.

Thanks. I'm looking to be a lingust, in my spare time getting black belt in MCMAP and becoming an Instructor-Trainer. I wish I did MMA as a kid, it was always a dream of mine. I'm all out for it.
    Nice. Just keep with it and train hard brah. We're all gonna make it.
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew

Yup.

So I'm thinking for this week, depending on how it goes, maybe all of September as well, I'm just going to work on endurance runs. Then I'll be adding on speed either as I go along or after I can do long runs that are 6-12 miles. I'll let you guys know. I won't be running much next week as I'm going to MEPS/ASVAB

DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreEveryDay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Put a pull-up bar in your house/apartment/room and do them every day. Pyramid up from 1 as high as you can go resring about 45-60seconds between each set and then back down. You can do the push-ups at the same time but double the push-ups. So 1pull, 2 push, 2 pull, 4 push and so on...

And when ever your going to text your max do a warm up set of 5 or so first. My entire time in the Marines I would never see anyone do a warm up of pull-ups before a PFT. I can't hit a set of 20 without one.

Good luck.
    Semper Fi

Never use my blinkers in the turning lane crew

Meet lifts 2013
    Aug----Nov
    S:352. 429.9
    B:248. 286.6
    D:507. 551.2

Originally Posted by DreEveryDay View Post
    Put a pull-up bar in your house/apartment/room and do them every day.
    Yea my birthday is right around the corner. I'm going to see if I can get one.

Edit: 0311 is rifleman and 0331 is machine gunner btw
    Very few are getting inti the 03 MOS these days. Just an fyi. Do you have a 2nd choice.
    OG

At what pace? No way I could do 6-12 at a 6min pace
    Probably 7-8 minute pace.
    OG

Very few are getting inti the 03 MOS these days. Just an fyi. Do you have a 2nd choice.
    Well it'll be in a year and a half. And yeah artillery cannoneer. But im also trying to get an NROTC scholarship to become an officer. But im not counting on it.
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew

Well it'll be in a year and a half. And yeah artillery cannoneer. But im also trying to get an NROTC scholarship to become an officer. But im not counting on it.
    Unless we go to war anytime soon there's no need for 03 at this time. Remember you'll be used to fit the needs if the Corps.
    OG

Unless we go to war anytime soon there's no need for 03 at this time. Remember you'll be used to fit the needs if the Corps.
    Alright brah. But cant they guarentee me a job field? Cause im not gonna sign the papers if i dont get a gaurenteed job field
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew

Alright brah. But cant they guarentee me a job field? Cause im not gonna sign the papers if i dont get a gaurenteed job field
    You'll br in whatever field you enlisted under. But you might nit get the MOS you want. Not everyone is going to be 0311.
    OG

You'll br in whatever field you enlisted under. But you might nit get the MOS you want. Not everyone is going to be 0311.
    Yeah thats what i mean. As long as iminfantry im fine.
    *Italian Crew
    *Miami Dolphins Crew
    *XBOX One Crew
    *Baby Face Crew
    *Tiny Wrists Crew
    *Instagram Crew
    *Star Wars Crew

So I haven't ran a 3 mile since early June; which my time was about 26:37

Today it went down to 24:40. However, my endurance sucks, and I'd like to power up my speed. Good thing I have until January to get to where I want to be at the rate I'm working

rotate your workout types, intervals, repeats, sprints, mile n half, id say only do 3 miles in one go once a week