5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5431 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Leg curls = knee pain?

I just recently started doing seated leg curls and I love the burn I get in my hamstrings from them but they hurt my knees like hell after. I think I adjusted the machine right... I lined up my knees with the dot and everything... anyway i dont think i will be doing them again. Anyone else have knee pain from leg curls? And am I missing much by not doing them?

CUbuffs08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FWIW I had my ACL replaced three months ago and my surgeon told me not to do those, ever. He mentioned as the one exercise out of everything you can do in a gym as the one specifically not to do. They can stretch your tendons out, apparently.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 5431 View Post
    I just recently started doing seated leg curls and I love the burn I get in my hamstrings from them but they hurt my knees like hell after. I think I adjusted the machine right... I lined up my knees with the dot and everything... anyway i dont think i will be doing them again. Anyone else have knee pain from leg curls? And am I missing much by not doing them?
    I dont get pain from them. Are you missing out? Not really. Theyre are way better hamstring movements (RDL's, SLDL's, GHR's, Hypers, etc) IMO. The nice thing about leg curls is that you can do them after you kicked your a$$ on squats and they dont take much energy. Ever try lying leg curls? Maybe thatll be better for you.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

MitchF_5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitchF_5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had 2 knee surgeries and my sports doc said hamstring curls are good for them but leg extensions are the worse things anyone with or without surgery on your knees.

uflcook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leg curls and extensions both feel like someone taking a scalpel to my knees. I say just avoid them, the big exercises will hit them and try to test out which ones put less pressure on them.

NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NYYankee03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never had any serious surgeries, injuries or anything like that to my knees and leg curls have always given me unbearable pain behind my knees... I honestly don't know what it is or what causes it...anyway i just don't do them and stick to SLDL's and RDL's for hamstrings obviously in addition to squats, leg presses, etc.

DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadRinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you recently just started em? you need to recently stop them.

jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, I have the same problem. I stopped doing them and switched to lying leg curls, deadlifts, and lunges for my hammies.
    You want to get bigger? EAT MORE! TRAIN HARD!
    You want abs? EAT LESS! TRAIN HARD!

jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaries12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have any sort of knee problems then isolated joint movements for you knee (leg curls, leg extensions) are going to just make it worse and more noticeable. I used to have a problem with my right patella where it would be pulled to the right because of tight muscles and lack of strength in other muscles and doing leg extensions hurt quite a bit. However, after doing physio exercises and correcting the problem I can do them no worries now.

Best idea is to do them light (12 - 15 reps) and to do them slow and controlled.

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    as with all leg exercises..takes a while to get used to them as machines especially put a very unusual kind of strain on them.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For leg extensions don't go the full ROM. Adjust the machine so you're at 90 degrees or more when the weights touch bottom.

lcasiero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Same

I have the same exact problem it is actually causing my hamstrings to lag a bit. I feel as if I am missing out on a great exercise. Does anyone else know other good hamstring exercises besides RDL and SLDL?

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Focus on the compounds, they hit the hamstrings better, anyways.

dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkwojt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Pain?

I just read your post and I am wondering where the pain is coming from. I've had knee issues in the past, but since I've list my weight, I no longer have the pain. If you are experiencing knee pain, you might want to cut back on the weight first to see if this is the problem.

ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's like this. You DON'T wanna focus on only your Hamstrings, and neglect your Quads, because that muscle imbalance can cause knee injury. You should focus on them both equally. My knees used to hurt me until I found that out. Now I make sure I hit my Hams & Quads on the same day. This can usually be accomplished by going deep down on your squats. I saw a video about this not too long ago.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dkwojt View Post
    I just read your post and I am wondering where the pain is coming from. I've had knee issues in the past, but since I've list my weight, I no longer have the pain. If you are experiencing knee pain, you might want to cut back on the weight first to see if this is the problem.
    this thread is two years old, maybe he doesnt get pain anymore?

ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ucla_matta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's the best alternative to leg curls?

SacredTemple83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in left medial side of knee doing ham curls

I was laying on my back with two tennis balls taped together to roll along my spine, popping my back. Using my heals to curl my hams in order to move my body across the tennis balls I felt a very sharp pulling pain on the left medial side of my left knee. I also have pain on the top of my right knee during half squats with dumbbells-mostly hurts at the bottom and coming up. Any thoughts??? Rest? Treatment?

Background: 33 year old male, 6'1 284lbs. Do legs every 3-4 days.
    I use the lying down leg curl machine as well.