Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggs!

HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardWork. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont think it really matters. my favorite is hardboiled, because it makes it much easier to deal with the yolks.

Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dexous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love eggs!
    Thanks you for this interesting Thread
    -------
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    *Muhammad Ali*

SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000) SuthrnZ71 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great thread topic! I love eggs, if I don't eat them in the morning I just don't feel right. Usually do 2-4 eggs scrambled on a piece of whole grain bread with a small piece of low fat cheese for a little flavor. Use to drink a glass of OJ as well, but since cutting that out I don't get that blood sugar spike like I use to. I also do hardboiled eggs with mixed green salad and grilled chicken for dinner.
    NO...... YESSSSSSSS!!!

TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrueIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great article to read because it's reminded me to buy some more eggs today.. Too bad I ruin it with the amount of bacon I eat..

_Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Justin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i hate eggs -_-

Fitness Inspired Hosting HostGuts's Avatar
    HostGuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Egg is my most favorite of all the dishes, i totally love it.
    HostGuts.com
    Strong & Healthy Space to have your Website

idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3-5 full eggs + a handful of scrambled bacons, shallow fry with Oliver oil altogether. (Is bacon healthy though?)

GaugeB32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by idomain View Post
    3-5 full eggs + a handful of scrambled bacons, shallow fry with Oliver oil altogether. (Is bacon healthy though?)
    Bacon is fine in moderation, but excess can be unhealthy, mostly because it has a lot of fat.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TrueIce View Post
    Great article to read because it's reminded me to buy some more eggs today.. Too bad I ruin it with the amount of bacon I eat..
    Whats wrong with bacon, i eat 3 rashers of bacon and 3 eggs every morning!

idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GaugeB32 View Post
    Bacon is fine in moderation, but excess can be unhealthy, mostly because it has a lot of fat.
    Ah, that sounds good. Normally I tend to get a bit of selective when comes to meat fats, so I usually only head for the lean parts haha.

benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000) benchboss is just really nice. (+1000)
    6 eggs with salsa and tobasco and a cup of oats for breakfast with a glass of milk.

6 eggs and 4 slices of whole wheat toast post workout with natty pb and 2x the fruit jam(Favorite meal ).

I LOVE EGGS AND YOLKS!!
    R.I.P. Aziz Shavershian. Always mirin The King

--Strong Join Date Crew--

Bruins
    Packers
    Braves
    Bulls

∞ Misc Brotherhood Crew ∞
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~~~Abs on a skinny guy is pretty much like big t!ts on a fat chick. It just doesn't count.~~~

milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great thread!!

I eat between 9-12 whole eggs a day (ovo-lacto vegetarian). Just for those who are concerned about eating the yolks, I just got my blood work done and the doc says im green all the way across the board.

Eat your eggs!
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

Unregistered User StrongRepublican's Avatar
    StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed. I eat eggs every single day for breakfast; there's no way I could go without them.

As far as the saturated fat goes, as long as you stay low through your other meals and keep in line with your macros, there is no harm. I get a physical every year and I have never had any issues with BP/cholesterol.

As far as bacon goes, pretty much the same story. Keep up your cardio, eat moderately, stay low on fatty meats in other meals.

IMO
    Eat Less, Exercise More, Repeat Forever

SpoCom2nr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well all I have to say is that I still live at home. So when I eat eggs everyday (and I only do 3 a day in the mornings) I get lectured on how bad they are for me and how I'm going to have bad cholesterol at age 25.

The truth is I use to worry about this all the time... So I didn't really eat eggs and didn't see any changes in my body.

Recently I have been doing the three eggs a day thing... And I have seen changed in my composition. I am also gaining weight! I mean I also eat a lot of other things. But I think eggs definitely are helping me out.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when people make you feel bad about things you feel aren't that bad. I feel like I gotta secretly cook the eggs when no one is awake and eat them really quick. And it's not like I don't buy them. I ALWAYS buy the eggs.

Until I get my own place, I guess I have to put up with being lectured about how I'm going to have VERY BAD cholesterol in a few years.

But didn't they just say recently that dietary cholesterol doesn't have as much of an effect on your body's cholesterol levels or something like that? I tried to explain that the ideas are always changing.

For now though... I'm gonna eat eggs cuz I feel like they are helping me out. =P

bfox21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by workouteatright View Post
    Eggs were pretty much my main source of nourishment during my dark days living in an apartment at college. Not that that’s any sort of punishment or inconvenience because I love eggs. I love the white, the yolk, the shell, the carton, everything. Though I only eat the yolk and white, I would sometimes think about eating the rest too since I literally had no money. That, and it literally takes about a minute to prepare.

So you’re probably thinking: Okay, we get that they’re cheap and you love them. But they’re full of cholesterol, isn’t that bad for you?

Well, that certainly was the conventional wisdom, but since when was conventional wisdom always correct? Practically never. Over at askmen.com, they wrote an article called “The Truth About Eggs”, and it perfectly explains the truth (or lack or truth) about cholesterol. Here’s a segment:

First, one has to understand that cholesterol is not necessarily bad. Humans need it to maintain cell walls, insulate nerve fibers and produced vitamin D, among other things. Second, there are two types of cholesterol: dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol . Both are important.

….

What is bad, however, is the amount of LDL blood cholesterol in the body. Too much of it can cause heart problems, but scientists are now discovering that consuming food rich in dietary cholesterol does not increase blood cholesterol. At least that is what some experts believe (they are somewhat disagreeing on the matter… as usual).

Evidence showing that eating a lot of dietary cholesterol doesn’t increase blood cholesterol was discovered during a statistical analysis conducted over 25 years by Dr. Wanda Howell and colleagues at the University of Arizona. The study revealed that people who consume two eggs each day with low-fat diets do not show signs of increased blood cholesterol levels.

So there you have it, conventional wisdom, busted. Not quite, but obviously we shouldn’t believe everything we’re told.

So, what’s in an egg? Just Fat and Protein? I used to think that. But you get a pretty big bang for your buck when you put down a dollar for a dozen.

Here’s what you’re buying:

Vitamins
    A: good for the skin and growth.
    D: strengthens bones by raising calcium absorption.
    E: protects cells from oxidation.
    B1: helps properly release energy from carbohydrates.
    B2: helps release energy from protein and fat.
    B6: promotes the metabolism of protein.
    B12: an essential vitamin in the formation of nerve fibers and blood cells.

Minerals
    Iron: essential in the creation of red blood cells.
    Zinc: good for enzyme stability and essential in sexual maturation.
    Calcium: most important mineral in the strengthening of bones and teeth.
    Iodine: controls thyroid hormones.
    Selenium: like vitamin E, it protects cells from oxidation.

What’s also true is that eggs contain the purest form of protein in whole-foods. Sure your 100 dollar tub of super protein may be better, but nothing’s going to be better than eggs if you want to go au naturel.

That’s a pretty damn good deal for a dollar per dozen.

Drop me a message below, or head to workouteatright.com to comment! I would really appreciate it!
    nice article...

Originally Posted by milkneggs786 View Post
    Great thread!!

I eat between 9-12 whole eggs a day (ovo-lacto vegetarian). Just for those who are concerned about eating the yolks, I just got my blood work done and the doc says im green all the way across the board.

Eat your eggs!
    Me tooo man! i love eggs

Originally Posted by StrongRepublican View Post
    Agreed. I eat eggs every single day for breakfast; there's no way I could go without them.

As far as the saturated fat goes, as long as you stay low through your other meals and keep in line with your macros, there is no harm. I get a physical every year and I have never had any issues with BP/cholesterol.

As far as bacon goes, pretty much the same story. Keep up your cardio, eat moderately, stay low on fatty meats in other meals.

IMO
    yes!

Originally Posted by SpoCom2nr View Post
    Well all I have to say is that I still live at home. So when I eat eggs everyday (and I only do 3 a day in the mornings) I get lectured on how bad they are for me and how I'm going to have bad cholesterol at age 25.

The truth is I use to worry about this all the time... So I didn't really eat eggs and didn't see any changes in my body.

Recently I have been doing the three eggs a day thing... And I have seen changed in my composition. I am also gaining weight! I mean I also eat a lot of other things. But I think eggs definitely are helping me out.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when people make you feel bad about things you feel aren't that bad. I feel like I gotta secretly cook the eggs when no one is awake and eat them really quick. And it's not like I don't buy them. I ALWAYS buy the eggs.

Until I get my own place, I guess I have to put up with being lectured about how I'm going to have VERY BAD cholesterol in a few years.

But didn't they just say recently that dietary cholesterol doesn't have as much of an effect on your body's cholesterol levels or something like that? I tried to explain that the ideas are always changing.

For now though... I'm gonna eat eggs cuz I feel like they are helping me out. =P
    Amen brother...

Originally Posted by HostGuts View Post
    Egg is my most favorite of all the dishes, i totally love it.
    me tooo!

Originally Posted by HardWork. View Post
    I dont think it really matters. my favorite is hardboiled, because it makes it much easier to deal with the yolks.
    ya, try beating the eggs in the blender then remove the yolks... fail

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Whats wrong with bacon, i eat 3 rashers of bacon and 3 eggs every morning!
    whats a rasher?

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I hate eggs

At first when I started writing down my meals and calories, I noticed I was short on the breakfast. I force eggs down every morning.

Originally Posted by bfox21 View Post
    whats a rasher?
    n.
    1. A thin slice of fried or broiled bacon.
    2. A dish or an order of thin slices of fried or broiled bacon.

DenDen88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love eggs in all methods of cooking, I used to drink them raw when i was younger and we lived on the farm. and not sure if this was already mentioned but most of the vitamins and nutrients are in the yolk.

SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

okay so i just skimmed through this thread .. and my ? is, it okay to eat both white and yellow??

also, how many for one serving is enough? 3-4? with whole wheat bread or no ?

thanks

Originally Posted by SELVER7 View Post
    okay so i just skimmed through this thread .. and my ? is, it okay to eat both white and yellow??

also, how many for one serving is enough? 3-4? with whole wheat bread or no ?
    It is okay to eat both egg white and yolk. Just egg white is also good... if you do not mind to throw out the yolks.

Per serving/day is around 3 to 5, depending on the eggs' "size". I have been suggested 3 whole eggs plus 1 whole egg white (without the yolk) per day, but I prefer to have a bit of flexibility on this these days, personally. With whole wheat bread is suggested.

Cutting Right Now BoneDensity91's Avatar
    BoneDensity91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Egg are holy! Tasty and good for you

jabco619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can stink up the whole house because I eat about a 1/2 a dozen hard-boiled eggs a day.

mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10) mastikhor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i eat 1 egg in a year. iam a veg.

PB + tortilla = orgasm fitnessfreak6's Avatar
    fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000) fitnessfreak6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I LOVE eggs too! Even the yolk... But I limit my intake of egg yolks to 7 per week... Why take risks?