Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Eggs!

Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usually have a 2 egg omelette with chicken or ham and a little cheese for breakfast or a meal after training. Yum.
    Go big or go home!

VLCGMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice thread great info! I usually have around 3-4 hard boiled eggs but I hate the yolk so I throw it away or give it to my dad

Registered User BulkyCurlMonkey's Avatar
    BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkyCurlMonkey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Boiling is Good in taste and for nutrients!

hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10) hungryeyes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by workouteatright View Post
    Eggs were pretty much my main source of nourishment during my dark days living in an apartment at college. Not that that’s any sort of punishment or inconvenience because I love eggs. I love the white, the yolk, the shell, the carton, everything. Though I only eat the yolk and white, I would sometimes think about eating the rest too since I literally had no money. That, and it literally takes about a minute to prepare.

So you’re probably thinking: Okay, we get that they’re cheap and you love them. But they’re full of cholesterol, isn’t that bad for you?

Well, that certainly was the conventional wisdom, but since when was conventional wisdom always correct? Practically never. Over at askmen.com, they wrote an article called “The Truth About Eggs”, and it perfectly explains the truth (or lack or truth) about cholesterol. Here’s a segment:

First, one has to understand that cholesterol is not necessarily bad. Humans need it to maintain cell walls, insulate nerve fibers and produced vitamin D, among other things. Second, there are two types of cholesterol: dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol . Both are important.

….

What is bad, however, is the amount of LDL blood cholesterol in the body. Too much of it can cause heart problems, but scientists are now discovering that consuming food rich in dietary cholesterol does not increase blood cholesterol. At least that is what some experts believe (they are somewhat disagreeing on the matter… as usual).

Evidence showing that eating a lot of dietary cholesterol doesn’t increase blood cholesterol was discovered during a statistical analysis conducted over 25 years by Dr. Wanda Howell and colleagues at the University of Arizona. The study revealed that people who consume two eggs each day with low-fat diets do not show signs of increased blood cholesterol levels.

So there you have it, conventional wisdom, busted. Not quite, but obviously we shouldn’t believe everything we’re told.

So, what’s in an egg? Just Fat and Protein? I used to think that. But you get a pretty big bang for your buck when you put down a dollar for a dozen.

Here’s what you’re buying:

Vitamins
    A: good for the skin and growth.
    D: strengthens bones by raising calcium absorption.
    E: protects cells from oxidation.
    B1: helps properly release energy from carbohydrates.
    B2: helps release energy from protein and fat.
    B6: promotes the metabolism of protein.
    B12: an essential vitamin in the formation of nerve fibers and blood cells.

Minerals
    Iron: essential in the creation of red blood cells.
    Zinc: good for enzyme stability and essential in sexual maturation.
    Calcium: most important mineral in the strengthening of bones and teeth.
    Iodine: controls thyroid hormones.
    Selenium: like vitamin E, it protects cells from oxidation.

What’s also true is that eggs contain the purest form of protein in whole-foods. Sure your 100 dollar tub of super protein may be better, but nothing’s going to be better than eggs if you want to go au naturel.

That’s a pretty damn good deal for a dollar per dozen.

Drop me a message below, or head to workouteatright.com to comment! I would really appreciate it!
    4 egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled yum yum
    august 2011 after my holidays i sat at 252lb then started all pro beginners sep 2011 @ 238lbs still going strong on 21/02/2012 down to 206lb AND PLENTY MORE TO LOSE !!! ;)

admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good article..short but has all that needs to be said about eggs..I love them and eat them most of the days for Lunch with steamed veggies...I eat about 3-4 whole eggs in one siting and I am still losing weight. You just need to make room for them when you don't have any other protein options. I have been eating whole eggs since I started weening. Since then 2 eggs everyday for as long as I can remember. Even with all the hype about cholesterol I never stopped eating the yolk and never will.

nismochef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4-6 whole eggs a day

123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100)
    thanks!

123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100) 123jimmy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank yoou!!

28renton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eggs are the shizz...I have 3 every day with my dinner.

DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DragonfireXv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 28renton View Post
    eggs are the shizz...I have 3 every day with my dinner.
    4 every day for breakfast

Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowenmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 eggs

billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very informative

[300 Spartan Helot] KevinWatson's Avatar
    KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevinWatson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Boiled eggs - I eat atleast 4 a day.

cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10) cdurflinger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by davidkap View Post
    at least 8 eggs every morning, upto a dozen. feelsgoodman
    Same here, usually 3 whole and 5 whites, cup of oats, 16oz milk = great start of the day.

RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to eat 6+ raw eggs per day in the 80's, and I managed to keep lean and build muscle.

Then in the 90's the 'war of fat' started and eggs found themselves on the 'enemy list'. Things have come full circle and eggs are now back in fashion.

As one poster pointed out, one egg contains a mere 1.5g of saturated fat so the hype that eggs are full of bad fat is another myth.

These days, I tend to use liquid egg whites as opposed to whole eggs whenever I'm looking to lose a few pounds otherwise I'll usually have 4+ whole eggs per week.

There’s not much that comes close to the simple egg in terms of a versatile, convenient source of high quality protein – it’s the bodybuilders gift from mother nature.
    Train hard, eat well, get plenty sleep - repeat

ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Half and Half for me...Usually two egg whites with two regular eggs for breakfast.
    <o)))>< By His Power <o)))><

koufala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 whole eggs + 4 egg whites with my breakfast , and this is also my pre bed meal!

Ronners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love eggs with olive oil

hawkboy4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it bad for me to eat 3-4 fried eggs everyday with my toast for breakfast. i keep being told not to have more than 2 a day because to much eggs are bad for me

marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000) marrzie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like an old wives tale.

Bissen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry, just jumping into the thread without having read many of the answers, but "salmonella" just jumped into my eyes.

Don't be scared of raw eggs. Seriously. My father is a vet, and his job is managing food safety in pork (which doesn't have much to do with being a vet, really), but just to tell you I'm not just getting this from "some wise guy", but from first hand.
    You are as much at risk of getting salmonella from a soft boiled egg as you are from a whole, raw egg.

Don't mix too many eggs together (just because if one would HAPPEN to be bad, you'll contaminate all the others), don't heat (below boiling), then cool (like for ice cream etc.), and you'll be fine. Oh, and perhaps not licking the egg shell would be a good idea, too; unless you boiled/scalded it

'nuff of the technical stuff: I love eggs, and I don't give sh*t for the myths on cholesterol. I believe saturated fat is THE best fat for consumption, and should be the majority of fat we ingest.

Btw, Japanese eat raw eggs EVERY DAY, and salmonella is pretty darn rare over there (I've been there for months; I never heard about it).

jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yay for eggs

SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpitBlackwood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was neglecting eggs so much, but just added them into my morning diet. Top!

prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prefer to skip eggs as it makes me fart during the whole day!

Rob1077 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great information

CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eggs are great! I eat over hard eggs for breakfast every day.