Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

It's amazing... you never see guys mouthing off to their women in public anymore...

...but you see girls do it to guys all the time. Yelling, sassing, pushing them around. I can't tell you how many times over the last few weeks I've seen couples at the store, at the gym, here and there, where the woman is chewing out the man and he's just standing there with his head lowered like a fcuking child, taking the scolding. It makes me raaaaage! What do you guys do when you encounter situations like that? Have you ever dealt with that kind of situation with your gf/fiance/wife?

It's amazing how blatantly popular it's become to flat out disrespect men. Behind their backs, straight to their face, etc etc. Nobody bats an eye... except for me anyway. I like to drop a cute comment within earshot when I get the chance. But if a man started disrespecting his woman in public it'd be a whole different story. He'd get rolled on one way or another.

It all begins when you take a little crap here, little crap there. Next thing you know it snowballs into full-blown disrespect, then cheating, and then (in some cases) a raping in divorce court. How did we get to this point as a society?

And more importantly, what's the best thing we can do BESIDES not tolerate it ourselves to correct it?

Not trying to make a "take a dump on women" thread (no scat), just seen to many threads here and in the Misc lately that have made me rage at all the abuse guys are willing to take from females nowadays. Hope my ramblings make for some interesting discussion at least.
    Hoods up, cuts down! Misc. Anteater crew.

RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10) RyanRev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Manly5000 View Post
    ...but you see girls do it to guys all the time. Yelling, sassing, pushing them around. I can't tell you how many times over the last few weeks I've seen couples at the store, at the gym, here and there, where the woman is chewing out the man and he's just standing there with his head lowered like a fcuking child, taking the scolding. It makes me raaaaage! What do you guys do when you encounter situations like that? Have you ever dealt with that kind of situation with your gf/fiance/wife?

It's amazing how blatantly popular it's become to flat out disrespect men. Behind their backs, straight to their face, etc etc. Nobody bats an eye... except for me anyway. I like to drop a cute comment within earshot when I get the chance. But if a man started disrespecting his woman in public it'd be a whole different story. He'd get rolled on one way or another.

It all begins when you take a little crap here, little crap there. Next thing you know it snowballs into full-blown disrespect, then cheating, and then (in some cases) a raping in divorce court. How did we get to this point as a society?

And more importantly, what's the best thing we can do BESIDES not tolerate it ourselves to correct it?

Not trying to make a "take a dump on women" thread (no scat), just seen to many threads here and in the Misc lately that have made me rage at all the abuse guys are willing to take from females nowadays. Hope my ramblings make for some interesting discussion at least.
    Its because girls have this thing between there legs that rules the universe

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

It's amazing to me anyone would be with another that would personally disrespect another let alone publically.....

We do have friends (couples) that banter all the time....each get as good as they give...then again they are bikers......

Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manly5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess what i'm wondering is why is it so publicly accepted for a woman to give her man crap but not for a man to give his woman crap. Neither is good obviously but acceptance of disrespect towards men has become so prevalent that there's this huge double standard now.

Banter is one thing and there's nothing wrong with that (I find it fun actually), but I'm talking full-fledged scolding and ridicule... treating them like they're some kind of child right in front of everyone.

I mean I wouldn't tolerate that period, but in PUBLIC? Shoot, that's a hundred times worse.

Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Captain Harris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Modern feminism. Women are taught to feel superior to men these days, even though they are definitely not.

Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RyanRev View Post
    Its because girls have this thing between there legs that rules the universe
    Too bad they need a penor to fill that thing between their legs. Chicks are hornier then guys but social programing teaches them to hide that to control their man. If a girl acted like that with me, shes not getting any dick, plain and simple.
    4% shredded with striated!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess what i'm wondering is why is it so publicly accepted for a woman to give her man crap but not for a man to give his woman crap. Neither is good obviously but acceptance of disrespect towards men has become so prevalent that there's this huge double standard now.

Banter is one thing and there's nothing wrong with that (I find it fun actually), but I'm talking full-fledged scolding and ridicule... treating them like they're some kind of child right in front of everyone.

I mean I wouldn't tolerate that period, but in PUBLIC? Shoot, that's a hundred times worse.
    What makes you think it's publicly accepted? Just because it happens doesn't mean it's right. I don't think there is a double standard there at all. If a woman is making a scene in public people are going to look down on her. If a man makes a scene people are going to look down on him.

Originally Posted by Captain Harris View Post
    Modern feminism. Women are taught to feel superior to men these days, even though they are definitely not.
    No, that is not it at all. It's because of the pussification of men. Honestly, I think the internet is mostly to blame for this. Teens and young men have an easy path to treat women like princesses. Boosting their egos by complementing and doing things they would never have the balls to do in real life. They think talking up girls online raises their status and puts them in good standings, when in reality it does the exact opposite. Where in the past only the really good looking women were treated that way, now all women are treated like that. Instead of a small few of women having entitlement issues, now almost all do, and it's no fault of their own.

For this reason and this reason alone, is why I don't let my 13 year old daughter have any social network accounts. I know the boys her age don't have the balls to initiate any such douchbaggery face to face because they don't want to get embarrassed, but if I let her go online, she will be flooded with guys complimenting and telling her how beautiful she is.

The internet ****s with the natural order or things. Seriously guys, stop showering random girls/women online with compliments and telling them how great they are.. It gets you absolutely nowhere, but boosts their egos exponentially.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BFast55 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Op you can thank Feminism for that one. Women are more emotional creatures. Guys have less emotion, and therefore more self control. When was the last time you saw a man blow up in public period?...on anyone or anything?

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't mistake prevalence for acceptance. One of my brothers has a wife that does this, now what is good about him is he just doesn't give a crap...but to the rest of us, well it is down right humiliating to have to be in the same vicinity of this shrew of a woman with diarreha of the mouth when she is disrespecting my brother...she also does this to her two sons, 20 and 15....dear lawd ya wanna just slap the sh*t out of her......bottom line is I have told her to conduct herself like a lady when they go out with us...consequently we don't go out that often anymore....

Nothing acceptable about this type of behavior....but the behavior is becoming more prevelent....I for one am all in favor in making my discomfort with it known as soon as it rears it's ugly lil head, but don't be surprised if you are not thanked for it

Originally Posted by pondus_levo View Post
    What makes you think it's publicly accepted? Just because it happens doesn't mean it's right. I don't think there is a double standard there at all. If a woman is making a scene in public people are going to look down on her. If a man makes a scene people are going to look down on him.
    I say that because the rare situations I've seen with men giving their women a hard time, it attracts a ton of attention from other people whereas the other way around, nobody really pays attention to it. By "accepted" I don't mean "acceptable", rather I mean people accept it when the woman is going off whereas they'll start stepping in if it's the other way around. That's been my experience.

Good points with the rest of your post.

Originally Posted by mydawgs View Post
    Nothing acceptable about this type of behavior....but the behavior is becoming more prevelent....I for one am all in favor in making my discomfort with it known as soon as it rears it's ugly lil head, but don't be surprised if you are not thanked for it
    Same as above.

Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's amazing to me anyone would be with another that would personally disrespect another let alone publically.....
    This.

Regardless of who it happens to, the 'victim' in this case has to give active consent to be treated this way. It's not something that just happens, it's something that they allow to happen instead of putting their foot down and saying 'Do not talk to me that way".

jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When I see that happening, I dish out a bertstare to the dude. Usually fixes the situation.

Greatest of all Time Brahesthetics's Avatar
    Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    It depends on how old the couple is. I bertstare/make a funny face at the younger dudes and they usually either look at me and laugh, and the woman sees and gets embarassed. If it's an older couple the woman has probably been in bitch mode for years, and i just feel bad for the old beta man.

That's about all you can do
    i wil rep u if i get a chance

ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScotchDate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that's funny because i saw a guy get yelled at...but you see girls do it to guys all the time. Yelling, sassing, pushing them around. I can't tell you how many times over the last few weeks I've seen couples at the store, at the gym, here and there, where the woman is chewing out the man and he's just standing there with his head lowered like a fcuking child, taking the scolding. It makes me raaaaage! What do you guys do when you encounter situations like that? Have you ever dealt with that kind of situation with your gf/fiance/wife?

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Captain Harris View Post
    Modern feminism.
    There it is. Add the support women get from the legal system, and you have a situation where men don't have the recourse to retort.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Non married men certainly have that option. But what about married men? Can they leave the woman without also having to give up a major portion of their finances, or their home?

Far too often, the answer to that is 'no.'
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    Non married men certainly have that option. But what about married men? Can they leave the woman without also having to give up a major portion of their finances, or their home?

Far too often, the answer to that is 'no.'
    Those married men were once single and they had the option to walk away then.....but the married men do have a choice, it is a battle but it can be won...I have an older brother that made that choice and came through the victor.

There is always a choice....but srsly a man that has allowed this behavior had the CHOICE a long time ago to not tolerate it....you don't just wake up one day and have a disrespectful shrew sleeping next to you with a house and 5 kids....the choice was made long before you woke up in this situation

Those married men were once single and they had the option to walk away then.....but the married men do have a choice, it is a battle but it can be won...I have an older brother that made that choice and came through the victor.

There is always a choice....but srsly a man that has allowed this behavior had the CHOICE a long time ago to not tolerate it....you don't just wake up one day and have a disrespectful shrew sleeping next to you with a house and 5 kids....the choice was made long before you woke up in this situation
    Change the divorce laws so that women walk away with nothing, and I betcha you'd see a lot more married men walking away from their fire-breathing bitches. Very often the same women that were once kind, gentle, loving, demure, horny (and thin), before marriage.

Change the divorce laws so that women walk away with nothing, and I betcha you'd see a lot more married men walking away from their fire-breathing bitches. Very often the same women that were once kind, gentle, loving, demure, horny (and thin), before marriage.
    True --

However it is much easier to put your foot down in a new, kidless marriage than to keep taking it and end up with a huge battle and a complicated settlement..and this can be done as well - taking on a complicated settlement, how much is your self respect worth?????

I doubt that all women hide the tendency to disrespect their men, as a matter a fact I doubt they hide it at all as the relationship steers towards marriage, the signs are always there, just like in training an aggressive dog, you just have to have the expertise to SEE IT..I see GFs doing this sh*t all the time to their BFs and the guys marry them anyway.

Thy_Kingdom has it correct, never tolerate demeaning behavior...NEVER from DAY 1, then these divorce laws are mute, arn't they, still unfair but not damaging if you do not allow yourself to be a victim of them before they can change.

Another trend I see in my profession which is rather heart warming are men walking away with their fair share of their wives motherload, as these women are the major bread winners in the marriage.....times they are a changing

Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ejjw18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If i start getting bitched at in public I yell right back. Im not gonna sit there and look like a bitch.
    -Misc Firearms Crew-

*Bears, Blackhawks, Buckeyes, Bulls and Sox*

**-Chicagoan Crew(chief of staff)-**

kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) kratosbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, if a Man reacts or responds in anyway, he goes to jail.

We live in a matriarchy brah, welcome to the new world.

Originally Posted by kratosbrah View Post
    Well, if a Man reacts or responds in anyway, he goes to jail.

We live in a matriarchy brah, welcome to the new world.
    There is no need to respond in kind..as you say that puts him at risk, but walking out the door never to return again (single guy) and pretend she is friggin vapor is pretty effective...and for the poor married soul, walk out quietly, find yourself a pit bull of an attorney, and surprise her with a large ole can of "woop a**"

True --

....never tolerate demeaning behavior...NEVER from DAY 1, then these divorce laws are mute, arn't they, still unfair but not damaging if you do not allow yourself to be a victim of them before they can change.
    We differ strongly in this regard. Married women 'know' they have the law on their side. And many, many women 'grow' into knowing this as the marriage progresses. I don't believe that women start off evil, but the unfair laws that protect women, very often creates monsters.

All married couples have problems, we all argue, and things can get ugly. But when one partner 'knows' that they have the 'legal' upper hand, then it's often wielded for no other reason than because 'they can.' Take for instance many Muslim cultures, men have the law on their side, and it's wielded unfairly against women. Only here in the United States, these laws are skewed against men. And women get rewarded for playing the victim card.

Another trend I see in my profession which is rather heart warming are men walking away with their fair share of their wives motherload, as these women are the major bread winners in the marriage.....times they are a changing
    You've mentioned this once in the past, and I'm also aware of the miniscule number of men that receive monetary awards when their marriages are dissolved. However, this number is nonsensical when compared to the sheer numbers of men that have to pay out, or lose far too much in a marriage.
    Last edited by DemetriaF; 08-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.

We differ strongly in this regard. Married women 'know' they have the law on their side. And many, many women 'grow' into knowing this as the marriage progresses. I don't believe that women start off evil, but the unfair laws that protect women, very often creates monsters.

All married couples have problems, we all argue, and things can get ugly. But when one partner 'knows' that they have the 'legal' upper hand, then it's often wielded for no other reason than because 'they can.' Take for instance many Muslim cultures, men have the law on their side, and it's wielded unfairly against women. Only here in the United States, these laws are skewed against men. And women get rewarded for playing the victim card.

You've mentioned this once in the past, and I'm also aware of the miniscule number of men that receive monetary awards when their marriages are dissolved. However, this number is nonsensical when compared to the sheer numbers of men that have to pay out, or lose far too much in a marriage.
    And single people know what they are marrying 9 times out of 10...most hope to change the other person. I have been married for almost 3 decades and am very familiar with battling with my spouse...but I have to say getting ugly and not loving your SO enough to get past the ugliness and regain the honor is something we need to do to make marriage work...so I never felt I had the law on my side, I never wanted to dishonor my husband and that is huge...constructive arguments are worlds apart from disrespect. You wanna be married you better know how to disagree without tearing down your SO or you have violated the first principal of marriage HONOR your spouse.

Nonsensical or not it is an indicator of change and should be applauded and encourage..it all starts small...

And single people know what they are marrying 9 times out of 10...most hope to change the other person. I have been married for almost 3 decades and am very familiar with battling with my spouse...but I have to say getting ugly and not loving your SO enough to get past the ugliness and regain the honor is something we need to do to make marriage work...so I never felt I had the law on my side, I never wanted to dishonor my husband and that is huge...constructive arguments are worlds apart from disrespect. You wanna be married you better know how to disagree without tearing down your SO or you have violated the first principal of marriage HONOR your spouse.
    Good stuff, and great advice for married (or about to be married), WOMEN! This is the type of stuff that I'm teaching my teenage daughter, trying to instill a moral sense into her, that she's not at liberty to abuse men, or to capitalize on being the law's 'favored' gender, or to play victim. I don't want her to learn that she has a sense of entitlement because she was born female.

These are the things that 'we' as women need to learn, as we're the ones with the license to crash and burn. Married men, on the other hand are often cornered, as the blade of divorce swings over their necks like a guillotine. IMO, marriages need to be dissolved fairly, evenly, with no possible chance for alimony payments, full stop. Including a host of other changes, that would make the situation more equal.

From the time I've known you on this board, you are a VERY different type of woman, and a wonderful wife/partner. But you must realize that you are an exception, and NOT the norm. We need more women like you. However, we need to be preaching to women, not dudes. Talk to the folks that have the power inside of marriage. Not simply telling dudes that they need more armor against women, and against the laws that protect/favor women.

Nonsensical or not it is an indicator of change and should be applauded and encourage..it all starts small...
    What's nonsensical is the minuscule number that's oftentimes utilized as evidence of 'fairness.' There is no legal fairness between the genders, NONE. And I can't even begin to argue that a measly 2%, 5%, or even 12% amounts to equality. What I'd like to see are numbers closer to 50%, where divorced men feel that the justice system was fair to them. Divorce should be a loss for 'both' partners (male and female), but as it stands, women are 'awarded' for divorcing their men, and men are branded as near criminals when they won't/can't comply.

With that said, I'm very interested in all this gay marriage business, but not in regard to whatever human rights issues are being argued. I'm more interested in how gays will dissolve their marriages. Will it end up the way things are with heterosexual couples? Will someone play the victim card, the classic woman's role?

A recent case here in Hawaii...

http://www.kitv.com/news/24696050/detail.html

Good stuff, and great advice for married (or about to be married), WOMEN! This is the type of stuff that I'm teaching my teenage daughter, trying to instill a moral sense into her, that she's not at liberty to abuse men, or to capitalize on being the law's 'favored' gender, or to play victim. I don't want her to learn that she has a sense of entitlement because she was born female.

These are the things that 'we' as women need to learn, as we're the ones with the license to crash and burn. Married men, on the other hand are often cornered, as the blade of divorce swings over their necks like a guillotine. IMO, marriages need to be dissolved fairly, evenly, with no possible chance for alimony payments, full stop. Including a host of other changes, that would make the situation more equal.

From the time I've known you on this board, you are a VERY different type of woman, and a wonderful wife/partner. But you must realize that you are an exception, and NOT the norm. We need more women like you. However, we need to be preaching to women, not dudes. Talk to the folks that have the power inside of marriage. Not simply telling dudes that they need more armor against women, and against the laws that protect/favor women.

What's nonsensical is the minuscule number that's oftentimes utilized as evidence of 'fairness.' There is no legal fairness between the genders, NONE. And I can't even begin to argue that a measly 2%, 5%, or even 12% amounts to equality. What I'd like to see are numbers closer to 50%, where divorced men feel that the justice system was fair to them. Divorce should be a loss for 'both' partners (male and female), but as it stands, women are 'awarded' for divorcing their men, and men are branded as near criminals when they won't/can't comply.

With that said, I'm very interested in all this gay marriage business, but not in regard to whatever human rights issues are being argued. I'm more interested in how gays will dissolve their marriages. Will it end up the way things are with heterosexual couples? Will someone play the victim card, the classic woman's role?

A recent case here in Hawaii...

http://www.kitv.com/news/24696050/detail.html
    All I can tell you is my Mother cherished my father - he has passed and her Mother before her. I know - different times. But here is the thing both genders need to understand before taking that step...what you see is what you get. I am old fashion I know, but marriage is not meant to be abandoned, so if one enters into this state with an "escape" plan in mind, then it should not be entered into at all. Perhaps those here are correct, marriage has lost it's usefulness in our society....

I cannot see the article but here is my guess as to where same sex unions are headed in terms of expiration. The courts will seek to equalize the assets regardless of who holds the most.

anonymous
    Agreed OP, and it is for THIS and many other reasons that I refuse to give American females the benefit of the doubt anymore.

They're all guilty until proven innocent...after all, this is the same attitude that's used against us, right?

No, that is not it at all. It's because of the pussification of men.
    Well, where the f*ck do you think all of this comes from in the first place? FEMINISM

You know, PUAs talk all the time about sh*t tests...I think that feminism is the ultimate sh*t test.

How far can we push the line to see what we can get away with? Unfortunately, the answer is A LOT.

You're looking at the wrong source of the problem.

Honestly, I think the internet is mostly to blame for this.
    No, this problem existed LONG before the internet was born. Try again.

Teens and young men have an easy path to treat women like princesses.
    Boosting their egos by complementing and doing things they would never have the balls to do in real life.
    Because of feminism.

For this reason and this reason alone, is why I don't let my 13 year old daughter have any social network accounts. I know the boys her age don't have the balls to initiate any such douchbaggery face to face because they don't want to get embarrassed, but if I let her go online, she will be flooded with guys complimenting and telling her how beautiful she is.
    It won't make a difference, dude.

The internet ****s with the natural order or things. Seriously guys, stop showering random girls/women online with compliments and telling them how great they are.. It gets you absolutely nowhere, but boosts their egos exponentially.
    If you honestly think that this type of behavior is limited to JUST the internet, you are SADLY mistaken, man.

Women's egos have been boosted LONG before the advent of the internet...the problem here is, has and will always be feminism (or at least how American society has used it).

onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50) onebigc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Men have learned to subsidize women's bad behavior in the hope of getting laid.

Women have learned to use bad behavior in the hope of getting what she wants out of a man.

Women have had their feminist movement which has perverted into an entitlement movement. They expect the benefits of equality, like being aggressive, but not the liabilities like getting beat up for your actions. In the past, women, in exchange for being passive, were not allowed to be hurt with physical violence. Men have not had their liberation movement and they never will as all they can do is give up their power to women untill we truely become a unisex culture where women=men but get 1 year pregnancy vacations.

This irrationality, instability, public slandering, social group image manipulation etc etc are all machiavellian tactics by the woman to gain control. As strong as the government is neither side can use force so passive means (yelling, slander etc) must be used to gain control.

Keep in mind that big dogs, because they can cause big damage and are loud, have always been trained to have good behavior. It is the little dogs who can't cause damage that have bad behavior and bite people's feet and never stop barking. If a large man so much as raises his voice people get scared and work to stop him. If a small women does it is ok because she is small.

I'll tell you about my mother who is a clock in her methods. She does something wrong... gets caught in a lie, made a mistake and gets called out on it etc she does this:
    1) Act cute
    2) Make sexual innuendo
    3) Blame you for being mean to her by calling her out
    4) Get physical either trying to squeeze your balls to cause pain or playfully wave a knife at you
    5) Get angry at you and yell at you to shut up
    6) Ignore you and/or stop doing her responsibilities ...till you crack

At no point will she admit to a mistake. Ever. This is in her best interest and she knows she can't be divorced for this so she can get away with it. I call it the 'emotional rollercoaster' which is a predetermined series of traumatic events designed to make you scared without actually hurting you.

Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    marriage is not meant to be abandoned, so if one enters into this state with an "escape" plan in mind, then it should not be entered into at all. Perhaps those here are correct, marriage has lost it's usefulness in our society....
    Problem is even if you don't enter with an escape plan in mind, it's dangled before your eyes every time something doesn't go your way.

If you don't believe marriage should be abandoned tell that to the legal system that rewards women for their abandonment at the astronomical expense of the men.

As for marriage's usefulness in our society - it's definitely useful for the government. Makes us easy to control and keep track of. I mean, if you think about it getting legally married is basically asking the government's permission to call yourself husband and wife, what business does the government have getting involved in personal affairs in the first place? Especially when said government is so irresponsible in it's conformity to the feminine victim complex at the expense of the male - if I am going to surrender a certain amount of control over the dynamic of my life long commitment to an external entity (which I shouldn't have to do in the first place) said entity needs to be far more professional and less gendercide promoting than that.

I can't agree with "what you see is what you get" unless I am perceiving a different context. A lot of people will put up a front in order to trick you into marrying them and then expose their true colors after they have you trapped in "holy matrimony" (I can't help but laugh my ass off at that term these days). Women especially - since they have so little to lose and so much to gain by getting married - have a HUGE incentive to be deceptive in this regard. What then?

Now, if our society as a whole learns to do something about our astronomically overzealous obsession with perpetuating women as victims that alone would put an end to a lot of the madness. Unfortunately there is a lot more damage to repair than that but this would be a huge step forward.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000) socrates07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    interesting thread is interesting... also intelligent sounding females in this thread.. it must be a trick.