Page 188 of 203 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 6080
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Well, if I'm being really honest with myself, RDLs probably hit the target group better than the deads or Jeffs.
    FWIW, I've never found anything that works hams better than RDLs. I guess that's why I can't seem to ever get away from them.

To noob lurkers that may be about: if someone is lifting a sum total that approaches the weight of, say, your mother-in-law or something larger, then stand the hell back.
    Quoted so it doesn't get missed.

The only two times in my entire gym life that I lost my temper and went-off on somebody were both occasions similar to what you describe. WTH is wrong with people anyway; are they deliberately trying to hurt themselves or someone else?

Low bar back squats (posterior chain focus)
    135 x 12
    225 x 10
    285 x 8
    315 x 6

Taking on a modest load by design....... I'm thinking more like a BBer here.......
    It's not necessarily about the weight, but rather, how it's used.

Bodybuilders using Back Squats really need to think about what it is they're trying to accomplish with this exercise, and then make adjustments to get that specific job done. Just piling on the plates and moving them up and down will only take a guy's legs so far.

[
    The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day:

Today's award goes to the lady repping out on the "bad girl" machine while doused in a whole bottle of flea market perfume.

...cot damn...

Bad girl, indeed...
    Oh good grief.

On the 'plus' side, maybe it beat the "alternative."

....Cutler recalling that he rarely if ever saw Paul "Quadzilla" DeMayo use more than 405 in the squat rack when they trained at the same gym.
    I hadn't realized until reading this that those two were from the same neck of the woods.

I remember seeing DeMayo on "Flex Magazine Workout" a couple of times, and being blown away by the size of his legs comared to his age.

Things should have turned out better for him.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stncldsnake View Post
    Damn!! that is a killer of a workout MH!! great work!
    Thanks, man - the new cycle of training is getting off to a fine start.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    FWIW, I've never found anything that works hams better than RDLs. I guess that's why I can't seem to ever get away from them.
    Well, tearing a hamstring muscle while doing them in the mid-400s may explain why I had them on a shelf for a while! However, my gym temperament has caught up to my years, so things should go much better this time around.

Quoted so it doesn't get missed.

The only two times in my entire gym life that I lost my temper and went-off on somebody were both occasions similar to what you describe. WTH is wrong with people anyway; are they deliberately trying to hurt themselves or someone else?
    I can believe that. I mean, c'mon, that IS insane gym behavior.

It's not necessarily about the weight, but rather, how it's used.

Bodybuilders using Back Squats really need to think about what it is they're trying to accomplish with this exercise, and then make adjustments to get that specific job done. Just piling on the plates and moving them up and down will only take a guy's legs so far.
    Absolutely. That doesn't negate the rock solid value of progression, but these days I would rather work on planned increases (leaving some room for instinctive training when all cylinders are clearly firing), versus the stereotype of blasting through the gym and attempting to claim a new PR each and every time. Not only is that method unrealistic - it's counterproductive.

Oh good grief.

On the 'plus' side, maybe it beat the "alternative."
    I'm not convinced. Context is everything. I expect to encounter foul shaker bottles and overripe Chuck Taylors when I'm at a gym. But I am wholly unprepared for the rare occurrence of a "flower bomb" wafting between the Hammer Strength machines.

I hadn't realized until reading this that those two were from the same neck of the woods.

I remember seeing DeMayo on "Flex Magazine Workout" a couple of times, and being blown away by the size of his legs comared to his age.

Things should have turned out better for him.
    Yes, it is easy to forget Jay's old stomping grounds given his current status.

And, DeMayo was astounding. Those legs, those triceps..! A true tragedy in a sport that has more than its fair share of tough breaks.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

* Page Bump * Hybrid Phase: Week 1, Day 2

Chest w/triceps + calves

Practice, practice, practice...

Training was almost upended by some nasty headaches coming on around midnight, but I jammed down some meds in the still of the night - and took in an extra hour or so of sleep - and was ready to roll this morning.

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • DB RDLs, 1 x 10
    • standing DB curls, 1 x 10
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • dips, 1 x 10
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10
    • knee extensions, 1 x 15
    • lying leg curls, 1 x 10

CHEST/TRICEPS

Flat BB bench press
    bar x 10
    --------- two doubled red bands, high tension
    45 - 135 x 10
    100 - 190 x 10
    135 - 225 x 8
    155 - 245 x 6
    185 - 275 x 5
    155 - 245 x 6
    135 - 225 x 10

The limits of writing (and my writing ability) make it hard to communicate the small adjustments and learning that's taking place on this lift as of late. But after getting the foot placement under control, the focus moved to head position relative to lift off. Progress was made and each week features more solid form.

JM Presses
    135 x 10
    165 x 10
    165 x 8

Decided to not advance the 3rd set, and kept quality reps instead.

Gironda presses
    --------- two doubled red bands, high tension
    100 - 190 x 10
    115 - 205 x 10
    115 - 205 x 8

Seated machine flyes (with 2-3 sec holds at peak contraction)
    130 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 8

Dip machine
    190 x 15
    190 x 15
    190 x 15

Standing cable French presses
    100 x 12
    115 x 10
    130 x 10

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" High Frequency Sets

Leaning laterals
    40 x 10 --- no rest
    --> 40 x 8
    ---> 40 x 6

Reverse curls
    60 x 10
    70 x 10
    80 x 10

* Other delt work listed with calves

CALVES

Recumbent heel raises SS w/cable front raises
    170 x 15 / 35 x 10
    190 x 15 / 35 x 10
    210 x 15 / 35 x 10

Seated heel raises
    2 plates x 12
    2 plates x 12
    2 plates x 12

Impressions:

The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day:

Today's award goes to the lady repping out on the "bad girl" machine while doused in a whole bottle of flea market perfume.

...cot damn...

Bad girl, indeed...

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Well, tearing a hamstring muscle while doing them in the mid-400s may explain why I had them on a shelf for a while!
    Yeow!

I was unaware. How long was your recovery?

That doesn't negate the rock solid value of progression, but these days I would rather work on planned increases (leaving some room for instinctive training when all cylinders are clearly firing), versus the stereotype of blasting through the gym and attempting to claim a new PR each and every time. Not only is that method unrealistic - it's counterproductive.
    Precisely.

Progression is the holy grail of all weight training disciplines; that can't be disputed. But for those of us who've been doing this for a while, it must be placed in context. As we've discussed many times, there are other ways to measure progress than just added weight to the bar.

And, DeMayo was astounding. Those legs, those triceps..! A true tragedy in a sport that has more than its fair share of tough breaks.
    He's nearly been forgotten; other than for you and I, I can't recall his name being mentioned anywhere on this site in the last few years. I guess that's part and parcel to the quick access to the "latest/greatest" on The Information Superhighway.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good job pounding out that bench.

The bad girl needed to get her use out of the gym wipes.
    Squat 275 Bench 175 Deadlift 285 Snatch 140 Clean & Jerk 185

Ongoing Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145852813

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good work in here MHL!
    Genshai

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Chest w/triceps + calves

...cot damn...

Bad girl, indeed...
    Lulz.

Yeow!

I was unaware. How long was your recovery?
    Eh, you may recall it. That was when I put the journal on hiatus a few years back (I think that it was the end of the 2010 comp season). I didn't want to post neutered rehab workouts (a common theme around here; see SteBo, 2nd_Chance, etc.) so I shut it down and had the journal locked.

Anyway, it took about 4 to 5 months to recover. However, during my recovery, my L5 disk slipped over the Xmas holidays while on travel and my rotator cuff flared up, too. 2011 got off to a rough start!

Precisely.

Progression is the holy grail of all weight training disciplines; that can't be disputed. But for those of us who've been doing this for a while, it must be placed in context. As we've discussed many times, there are other ways to measure progress than just added weight to the bar.
    Yeah, I'll probably restate this point in about 100 different ways before this journal finally dies off. So, you'll likely see this point posted again...

The bad girl needed to get her use out of the gym wipes.
    ...industrial strength, at that.

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Good work in here MHL!
    Thanks, Tiff!

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    Lulz.
    Just be glad you weren't here at the time...
    Last edited by mharrislove; 02-25-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice that you got the bench form worked out. Time to make gains

I got a WTF gym moment. (I visited an LA yesterday)

2 kids both wearing beat by dr.dre headphones the big ones. Doing BB bench SS with weighted pushups
    -So the one kid is benching and his elbows are swinging around while benching his buddy isnt spotting so some dude comes up and saves the kid from dropping the weight on his chest lol.
    -They go to pushups and have the other kid hold the weight on there back because they are doing the wave pushup

haha man I couldnt focus on my lifts. (home gym for the win)
    My “training logâ€
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

Hybrid Phase: Week 1, Day 4

Quads, Biceps, and Forearms

Soul laid bare

warm up:
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • DB RDLs, 1 x 10
    • leg extensions, 1 x 12
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • dips, 1 x 10

No rest to be found in the night; bide my time until the dungeon opens...

QUADS

Front squats (in rack; with belt; no wraps)
    bar x 10 wu
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 1
    340 x 0 --- f*ck, f*ck, FML...
    300 x 2

Front squats, Pt 2 - a focus on reppage
    225 x 8
    225 x 7
    225 x 7

Adapted leg presses (narrow stance; using hip sled machine; stack weight)
    330 x 15
    330 x 15
    330 x 15 --- about to toss my cookies at this point; literally thought about the last guy that beat me on stage to get through it. srs.

* Cardio bunny jumped outta' the cabbage patch, perched herself upon the leg extension machine, nibbling carrots and occasionally repping 30 lbs *

Adapted leg presses, Pt 2 - Post-workout meal BBQ bunny reps
    330 x 15
    330 x 15
    330 x 15

BICEPS/FOREARMS

Straight BB curls
    85 x 10
    95 x 8
    115 x 5

* Preacher bench is taken...incline benches are taken...(improvise)...Preacher machine is surprisingly available. Bingo. *

Preacher machine Hammer curls
    80 x 10
    95 x 10
    110 x 10

Preacher machine curls
    110 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 8

BB isometric grip
    225 x 4 @ 15 sec
    315 x 3 @ 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec

DB front raises
    30 x 10
    35 x 10
    40 x 8

Outta' time (and energy)...

Impressions:

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Nice that you got the bench form worked out. Time to make gains
    Tell me about it, brother...

I got a WTF gym moment. (I visited an LA yesterday)

2 kids both wearing beat by dr.dre headphones the big ones. Doing BB bench SS with weighted pushups
    -So the one kid is benching and his elbows are swinging around while benching his buddy isnt spotting so some dude comes up and saves the kid from dropping the weight on his chest lol.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Quads, Biceps, and Forearms

QUADS

bar x 10 wu
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 1
    300 x 2

225 x 8
    225 x 7
    225 x 7

Adapted leg presses (narrow stance; using hip sled machine; stack weight)
    330 x 15
    330 x 15
    330 x 15 --- about to toss my cookies at this point; literally thought about the last guy that beat me on stage to get through it. srs.

* Cardio bunny jumped outta' the cabbage patch, perched herself upon the leg extension machine, nibbling carrots and occasionally repping 30 lbs *

Adapted leg presses, Pt 2 - Post-workout meal BBQ bunny reps
    330 x 15
    330 x 15
    330 x 15

BICEPS/FOREARMS

Straight BB curls
    85 x 10
    95 x 8
    115 x 5

* Preacher bench is taken...incline benches are taken...(improvise)...Preacher machine is surprisingly available. Bingo. *

Preacher machine Hammer curls
    80 x 10
    95 x 10
    110 x 10

Preacher machine curls
    110 x 10
    110 x 10
    110 x 8

BB isometric grip
    225 x 4 @ 15 sec
    315 x 3 @ 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec

DB front raises
    30 x 10
    35 x 10
    40 x 8

Good work man! It is impressive even unracking 340 on fronts alone. Do you use that elbows up in the air grip?

Eh, you may recall it. That was when I put the journal on hiatus a few years back (I think that it was the end of the 2010 comp season). I didn't want to post neutered rehab workouts (a common theme around here; see SteBo, 2nd_Chance, etc.) so I shut it down and had the journal locked.

Anyway, it took about 4 to 5 months to recover. However, during my recovery, my L5 disk slipped over the Xmas holidays while on travel and my rotator cuff flared up, too. 2011 got off to a rough start!
    Okay; now I remember.

Geez, 2011 was tough.

Yeah, I'll probably restate this point in about 100 different ways before this journal finally dies off. So, you'll likely see this point posted again...

.....in my journal as well, probably also 100 more times!

bar x 10 wu
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 1
    300 x 2
    Good on ya for having the cojones to even try 340!

Good comeback on the 300x2.

225 x 8
    225 x 7
    225 x 7
    Backoff sets FTW.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bi's are my weak point, as such your arm work really stands out for me.
    TBH, I had completely forgotten about the overload technique (akin to your isometric grip) to bump my guns up. Thanks for the reminder.

Leg work...sorry about the frustrations with the fronts but I like the way you ditched the weight and went for reps later.

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've said it once and say it again. King of the front squats!

Good work man! It is impressive even unracking 340 on fronts alone. Do you use that elbows up in the air grip?
    Thanks, bro. I use the crossed grip; my right wrist is immobile, so the proper Oly-style grip is not happening...

Okay; now I remember.

Geez, 2011 was tough.
    I know... It's odd that I ended up competing (albeit, unsuccessfully) within a year of all that. Stubborn, I guess.

At least I'm on pace to be in one piece before I go at it again.

Good on ya for having the cojones to even try 340!

Good comeback on the 300x2.
    It's funny to see that missed lift posted after I went on about "Cutlerism" and the Zen of the MMC. But, just to remind folks what the hell I'm doing, my 4 week cycle allows for me to "peak" or reset my working max - if I choose to - about once a month (every 24 days, to be exact - when no deload is involved). So, I usually test the waters in the 300s during the Hybrid Phase of training.

The odds were against me to move the working max forward because I had not been able to work my plan for the past 3 months due to work/family travel. So the work capacity needed to really move a working max with some regularity just wasn't there. On the flip side, the early sets seemed easy this morning, and I was feeling pretty good.

I did well to be able to hit in the low 300s a couple of times in the progression, so that's something to build on. I get to run all 4 training cycles without interruption over the next month, so that may be enough to push me over the hump during the next attempt. If I can do credible work during the next 5x5 session and then take the punishment of the higher rep sessions the following week, then the scales begin to tip in my favor.

Also, I've got a BodySpace guy around here that wants to train with me, so I'm going to try to connect with him for next month's session. The confidence garnered from having a partner, and the excitement of training in a new gym, may be just what's needed to forge new ground.

In the meantime, I'll be back to sane poundages for the next few next few weeks (per the plan).

Backoff sets FTW.
    Those are damn near essential for me. Otherwise, I start to lose a small, but noticeable, amount of size/fullness.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Bi's are my weak point, as such your arm work really stands out for me.
    TBH, I had completely forgotten about the overload technique (akin to your isometric grip) to bump my guns up. Thanks for the reminder.
    Hey, I had to remind myself! I hadn't gone that route in a while. But I had found myself neglecting the finer points of physique development due to the strong call of the basic movements. So, today was an effort to right the ship, so to speak.

Leg work...sorry about the frustrations with the fronts but I like the way you ditched the weight and went for reps later.
    Yeah, the workout was saved after that setback, so no worries. Besides, that lift will be mine - I wouldn't have tried it if I didn't think that I was capable of getting it done. It will happen.

Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    I've said it once and say it again. King of the front squats!
    Well, the plates showed me who was boss today! To bad for them that I get to come back, though. Losing a round is not the same thing as losing a fight.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Props for grinding them out.
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

^ I can't use that proper grip either.

metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice fronts. Ive been doing them a lot here recently (past few months). Tried 345 a few weeks back and failed miserably. I know your pain.
    **** TwinlabFuel Representative ****
    Follow me on Instagram: @silenced_recon

If you're going through hell, keep going.

For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear...when you are the hammer, strike.

Squat- 545/ Deadlift- 585/ Bench-435

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Props for grinding them out.
    Yes, makin' gainz on 'intangibles' are under-appreciated, but valuable, benefits to the grind. I left the gym a better man than the one who entered it 60 min earlier.

I have the feeling that we are part of a very large club (well, relatively speaking, of course)!

Originally Posted by metalmullisha View Post
    Nice fronts. Ive been doing them a lot here recently (past few months). Tried 345 a few weeks back and failed miserably. I know your pain.
    You know that feel, huh?

That's alright...as long as you're going through the trouble of moving blood through your veins and dealing with life's B.S., you might as well have something to strive for.

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I left the gym a better man than the one who entered it 60 min earlier.

That's alright...as long as you're going through the trouble of moving blood through your veins and dealing with life's B.S., you might as well have something to strive for.
    Poetic truth ^

Morning icon and crew!

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im the opposite I prefer the oly grop vs crossed better on my wrists how weird.
    My “training logâ€

Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work MH and you will get that 340 soon!!
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]
    Buy any PromeraSports product automatically receive a 25% discount at checkout!!
    Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

Team Ogre!

Come in and check out my log!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147818213&pagenumber=

This is the man if you want a coach!!
    bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bigwade800/

metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You know that feel, huh?

yes sir, always chuggin' on!
    **** TwinlabFuel Representative ****
    Follow me on Instagram: @silenced_recon

If you're going through hell, keep going.

For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear...when you are the hammer, strike.

Squat- 545/ Deadlift- 585/ Bench-435

It is good that you are flexible enough to do it. That is the main issue why other people have trouble.

I do both.

Cross over grip is definitely easier on my bum left wrist but also pulls you forward a little. Oly style helps you stay under the bar IMO making it easier to not 'fight' the bar.

What's next MHL?!

Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    Poetic truth ^

Morning icon and crew!
    Hey stranger!

It is good that you are flexible enough to do it. That is the main issue why other people have trouble.
    I do both.

Cross over grip is definitely easier on my bum left wrist but also pulls you forward a little. Oly style helps you stay under the bar IMO making it easier to not 'fight' the bar.
    All of those points are valid. The Oly style is definitely the way to go as far as the line of force exerted by the bar relative to your center of gravity (and for bar security), but its a non-option when the wrist flexibility ain't there.

Originally Posted by Stncldsnake View Post
    Great work MH and you will get that 340 soon!!
    Believe that, brother. You will see that post.

Originally Posted by metalmullisha View Post
    yes sir, always chuggin' on!
    You got that right...

What's next MHL?!
    Right now? Mostly gettin' my ass kicked at work. But new posts are on tap for this weekend...

vvvv

Hybrid Phase: Week 1, Day 5

Delts w/calves
    * yesterday's work *

"I'll have what he's having..!"

Had to go for a lunchtime workout for this session; that ended up working out on multiple levels. One, the gym was mostly empty - always a good thing at a Globo gym. Also, weekends and lunch sessions often bring a lifting crew together that rarely cross paths. So, there were two 300+ lb bench pressers in the place. A rarity in BOSU ball-land, for sure. Both intrinsic and extrinsic motivation were covered.

warm up:
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • DB RDLs, 1 x 10
    • leg extensions, 1 x 15
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • dips, 1 x 10

DELTS/TRAPS

Standing BB OHPs
    bar x 10 wu
    105 x 5
    135 x 5
    165 x 5
    185 x 4

Single-arm DB clean & press
    50 x 5 / 50 x 5
    60 x 4 / 60 x 4
    70 x 3 / 70 x 3
    75 x 2 / 75 x 2

Seated laterals SS w/standing BB BNP
    45 x 10 / 105 x 10 --- +10 lbs
    45 x 10 / 105 x 10
    45 x 10 / 105 x 7+3 --- need to do the last pressing reps from the front to finish

Behind the back shrugs
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 15

Seated machine flyes
    130 x 10
    145 x 10
    160 x 8

All reps with 2 sec holds at peak contraction

Recumbent heel raises SS w/cable front raises
    170 x 15 / 35 x 10
    190 x 15 / 35 x 10
    210 x 15 / 35 x 10

Seated heel raises SS w/DB front raises
    2 plates x 15 / 35 x 10
    3 plates x 15 / 40 x 7
    3 plates x 15 / 50 x 4

Impressions:

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good work brother. You actually do BNPs? Don't you know that they will lead to an early death?

Tomorrow... Lulz
    David

Those behind the back shrugs are so strong! great work!

I bet those 300+ benchers had you motivated
    My “training logâ€

Page 188 of 203 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 ... LastLast