Page 164 of 203 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 6080
    Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    You are such a rebel!

Good looking session, despite the shoulders. Hope you get better.
    Ha! Reprobate, is more like it...but the BBer style lift may be a timely re-discovery since my mid-back is still giving me fits. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement (as always).

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Great pic.

Gironda: Oh man I havent heard that in years. Years back, I trained in a gym in Oly and one of the regulars there grew up with Weider and Lalanne [back in the welding shop days]. He was big on those too. Despite his age, the guy was crazy strong.
    Hey, thanks, Cmoore. My initial thought was like that "McKayla's not impressed" meme floating around. But on second glance, I'm showing some size gains in comparison to last season at a similar BF% level.

Thanks for sharing the Weider/Lalanne connection; your iron roots run pretty deep!
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

* Page Bump * Endurance Phase: Week 4, Day 5

Delts w/calves

Dig

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • DB RDLs, 1 x 10
    • standing DB curls, 1 x 10
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • dips, 1 x 10
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10

DELTS/CALVES

Standing BB presses
    bar x 10 wu
    115 x 5
    115 x 8
    135 x 5
    135 x 8
    160 x 5
    160 x 5+3 --- @#$%^&!, mid-back fubar at rep 5

This problem hit me recently while doing a bench press arch, and it came back today. I did everything that I could to pop the joint back into place, and was well enough to go on. But it's still bothering me well after the workout. The discouraging thing is that it occurred with moderate weight and using the typical form as I've done before 100s of times - it's not like the weight got away from me. Ah, the joys of advancing age, genetics, and dumb luck...

Russian kettlebell clean & press
    40 x 7 / 40 x 7
    50 x 6 / 50 x 6
    60 x 5 / 60 x 5

Seated laterals SS w/standing BNPs
    35 x 10 / 100 x 6
    35 x 10 / 100 x 6
    35 x 10 / 100 x 10 --- drop set/finisher
    ---> Seated DB presses, 50 x 22

mid-back started to loosen up a bit...

Behind the back BB shrugs
    135 x 20
    225 x 15
    315 x 10

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" High Frequency Sets

"Gironda" BB presses
    135 x 10
    135 x 15
    135 x 22

No fancy seated flye machine at the mom-and-pop gym, so I went with these...

Single-limb leg press adapted heel raises SS w/DB front raises
    2 plates x 12 / 30 x 10
    2 plates x 12 / 30 x 10
    2 plates x 12 / 30 x 10

"Grandpa's" heel raises (using leg press)
    ------------- knees flexed
    2 plates x 20
    3 plates x 20
    3 plates x 20

Impressions:

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post

Hey, thanks, Cmoore. My initial thought was like that "McKayla's not impressed" meme floating around. But on second glance, I'm showing some size gains in comparison to last season at a similar BF% level.

Thanks for sharing the Weider/Lalanne connection; your iron roots run pretty deep!
    Can't wait for the day when I am somewhere and say, " I remember a conversation with MHL, Cmoore, Bo_Flecks, 2nd_Chance (pick one)..." and the reply is, "Wow! Your iron roots run deep."
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work as always, pic looks great also. A lot of hard work going on. When you talk off season, on season, do you compete or just referring to your nutrition or training mix? Thanks David
    Consistency = WIN

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13

David

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    Great work as always, pic looks great also. A lot of hard work going on. When you talk off season, on season, do you compete or just referring to your nutrition or training mix? Thanks David
    MHL does not compete.

He

IS

the competition.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice....Thickness all the way around. Arms are looking stout.

I saw you tweeked yourself on OHP. I have done that too. I have to really concentrate on not over arching when straining to get the last reps. My body wants to lean back and recruit chest. Concentrating on keeping my chin down helps a lot with curing me of that tendency. Not sure if this is what you were dealing with.

Any.....VERY nice....as always.!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Can't wait for the day when I am somewhere and say, " I remember a conversation with MHL, Cmoore, Bo_Flecks, 2nd_Chance (pick one)..." and the reply is, "Wow! Your iron roots run deep."
    That's pretty awesome...I hope to live up to that standard one day.

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    I'm talkin' competition...

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    MHL does not compete.

He

IS

the competition.
    Not enough reps in the world for that post...

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Nice....Thickness all the way around. Arms are looking stout.

I saw you tweeked yourself on OHP. I have done that too. I have to really concentrate on not over arching when straining to get the last reps. My body wants to lean back and recruit chest. Concentrating on keeping my chin down helps a lot with curing me of that tendency. Not sure if this is what you were dealing with.

Any.....VERY nice....as always.!
    Thanks for the props, ID. And you're pretty close to the mark on your OHP assessment. However, whatever compensatory motion I use on the OHPs would normally not be an issue. But I popped the joint out of place doing a friggen bench press arch last week, and it was re-aggravated on the OHPs during its weakened/FUBAR state.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by archangel'73 View Post
    mhl does not compete.

He

is

the competition.
    qft

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Sorry to hear the back is giving you issues again, MHL. I have a few dents and dings I have to work around, but luckily not the spine.

I don't remember: have I asked how you injured it in the first place?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Sorry to hear the back is giving you issues again, MHL. I have a few dents and dings I have to work around, but luckily not the spine.

I don't remember: have I asked how you injured it in the first place?
    Well, it depends on which back pain we're talkin' about.

Mid-back: last week was the first time I have ever experienced pain or an injury in this area. After assuming the bench arch position and performing the lift off, a joint appeared to pop out of place. It seemed to resolve, but was irritated with my last round of OHPs.

Low back: in the mid 90's I was doing leg presses with a bigger and stronger workout partner and I allowed my lower spine to curve forward as the weight was descending. It was the only time that I sought medical attention for a lifting injury.

The L5 problem reappeared while doing leg presses during my comeback in 2010 (despite much more close attention to form; that's when I swore them off, and have not performed them since). And a major re-occurrence happened in the winter of 2011 while leaning forward to put on some working boots.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    qft
    Many thanks, my friend.

Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000) Akudela is just really nice. (+1000)

Mid-back: last week was the first time I have ever experienced pain or an injury in this area. After assuming the bench arch position and performing the lift off, a joint appeared to pop out of place. It seemed to resolve, but was irritated with my last round of OHPs.

Low back: in the mid 90's I was doing leg presses with a bigger and stronger workout partner and I allowed my lower spine to curve forward as the weight was descending. It was the only time that I sought medical attention for a lifting injury.

The L5 problem reappeared while doing leg presses during my comeback in 2010 (despite much more close attention to form; that's when I swore them off, and have not performed them since). And a major re-occurrence happened in the winter of 2011 while leaning forward to put on some working boots.
    At least you got injured while doing something commendable. When I dislocated my knee, I was just acting drunk and stupid. That still gives me problem. Either way, I'm sure it'll pass quickly enough and those OHP's will go on without a hitch.
    My new log: http://tinyurl.com/AverageLog

Originally Posted by Akudela View Post
    At least you got injured while doing something commendable. When I dislocated my knee, I was just acting drunk and stupid. That still gives me problem. Either way, I'm sure it'll pass quickly enough and those OHP's will go on without a hitch.
    Here's hoping that you're right; I stayed away from the gym today just to give the back a little time (I still hit the cardio at home, though). I was thinking about lifting A LOT this afternoon. So, I may give it a go tomorrow.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's pretty awesome...I hope to live up to that standard one day.

I'm talkin' competition...

Not enough reps in the world for that post...

Thanks for the props, ID. And you're pretty close to the mark on your OHP assessment. However, whatever compensatory motion I use on the OHPs would normally not be an issue. But I popped the joint out of place doing a friggen bench press arch last week, and it was re-aggravated on the OHPs during its weakened/FUBAR state.
    Do you use a powerlifting style bench mharris?

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    Do you use a powerlifting style bench mharris?
    Yes.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yes.
    I've tried that style. It doesn't work at all for me.

I've tried that style. It doesn't work at all for me.
    Explain... Muscle growth, strength gains, general performance, or what?

Explain... Muscle growth, strength gains, general performance, or what?
    I can't lift as much doing it that way. I watched all of those "So you think you can bench videos". I know Dave Tate is super-smart, but doing it his way, messed me up for a few months. Also, I believe that a bodybuilding style bench is a better indicator of chest strength, basically because a powerlifing style turns bench into a whole body excercise. I'm also short. I don't really need to manipulate any ROM in anything.

I put 225 on myself one time because I got a leg cramp trying the PL style. I'm not knocking it, just isn't for me. I can't squat in a powerlifting style either.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz

I would have never guessed leg pressing was the culprit. I'll have to keep a better eye on my lower back arch while using mine. I do feel like sometimes the butt moves forward off the seat at full ROM due to the geometry of the machine (and my lack of flexibility). Never feel any back pain, though. But I'm sure it's one of those deals where you never see it coming.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

I can't lift as much doing it that way. I watched all of those "So you think you can bench videos". I know Dave Tate is super-smart, but doing it his way, messed me up for a few months. Also, I believe that a bodybuilding style bench is a better indicator of chest strength, basically because a powerlifing style turns bench into a whole body excercise. I'm also short. I don't really need to manipulate any ROM in anything.

I put 225 on myself one time because I got a leg cramp trying the PL style. I'm not knocking it, just isn't for me. I can't squat in a powerlifting style either.
    I appreciate your comments regarding your experience. And, yes, I've never gotten a leg cramp doing the BBer style either, but I have had to rack a bar when a flexed calf locked like a bear trap during a PL bench session!

Anyway, it's always tricky when you start talking about how strong a singular muscle group is during the performance of a compound lift. Even in the BBer style bench press, while being pec-centric, there is still a lot going on in the ancillary muscle groups. But I get your general point.

While it's true that the PL style bench and Dave Tate tips helped me to regain my 3-plate bench in 2011, I really re-committed to the PL style out of necessity after a handle on the dip machine slipped out of my hand while doing nearly the whole stack and killed my shoulder. Upon recovery, the PL style was the only way for me to use the BB (and DBs, really) during my slow return back to semi-respectable weight.

But despite that experience I would pause before saying that the strict PL style or Tate technique is the only way to go for an effective bench performance. As much as I abhor the "everything is different for everybody" mantra (that misinterpreted idea is effectively making people stupid about general lifting principles, IMO), that ethos has some legit merit when it comes to optimal PL form due to variation in body dimensions and its effect on biomechanics. Your arms are relatively short; mine are relatively long; that has HUGE implications for what we would consider our ideal form. The same type of thing applies to the other basic lifts - most obvious being how low one should squat down before starting a DL pull. Arm:torso proportions and upper body:lower body proportions dictate much of what constitutes "optimal" form during deads - not what some damn YouTube vid says.

Therefore, I don't doubt you for a minute. FWIW, I may have to lean hard on the bodybuilding version of the bench press - albeit, with lighter weight - until my back is good to go.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I would have never guessed leg pressing was the culprit. I'll have to keep a better eye on my lower back arch while using mine. I do feel like sometimes the butt moves forward off the seat at full ROM due to the geometry of the machine (and my lack of flexibility). Never feel any back pain, though. But I'm sure it's one of those deals where you never see it coming.
    ^^^Unfortunately...this.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Unfortunately...this.
    In my dungeon, I have seen the leg press hobble many. Usually it is people who (a) take on a bench pressing arch while they do it, (b) come off the seat while they press, or (c) literally hold their breath the entire time.

Of course, there once was this mook who tried to catapult the sled off his feet at the descent of his rep...but his rep count ended at zero and that really is a discussion more suited to WTF Moments than it is a serious discourse.

Hybrid Phase: Week 1, Day 1

Hams and Back

Measures must always in a progressive society

be held superior to men,

who are after all imperfect instruments,

working for their fulfillment.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Okay, ready to regroup after a taking an "injury day off" from training...

Plan A: run the planned program at about 85% capacity, if possible.

Plan B: if deads > 2 plates cause mid-back pain, abandon ship and run a Flex magazine type of workout.

The general idea being - first and foremost - don't make things worse, and aim to be solid (instead of pushing the limits).

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • seated BNPs with Oly bar, 1 x 10 (test run)
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • DB RDLs, 1 x 10
    • standing DB curls, 1 x 10
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10
    • knee extensions, 1 x 15
    • lying leg curls, 1 x 10

HAMS

Sumo deads (from platform; belt; Vgrips on top sets)
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 5
    365 x 3
    405 x 3
    365 x 5
    315 x 5

This was a good sign; while not in PR land, I was hoping to be able to move 4 plates without pain.

DB RDLs (using Sumo stance)
    80 x 10
    90 x 8
    100 x 6

I decided to skip the supplementary squatting session and save my back for my primary squatting day instead; obviously, the low bar back squat experiment is on hold for now.

Lying leg curls
    140 x 13
    140 x 11
    140 x 10

Still focusing on pristine form rather than moving the whole stack (at least, for now)

Standing leg curls
    60 x 12
    70 x 11
    70 x 10

Performed on weaker leg only

BACK

Chin ups
    BW x 10
    BW + 45 x 5
    BW + 70 x 5
    BW + 70 x 5

Bentover BB rows
    135 x 10
    225 x 15
    275 x 8

I wanted to push for 10 reps on the last set, but did not want to take the chance on sloppy reps. Will pick up cable work the next time...

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" High Frequency Sets

Reverse BB curls
    70 x 12
    80 x 10
    90 x 10

Seated machine flyes
    130 x 10
    130 x 10
    130 x 10

All flye work with 2 sec holds at peak contraction; mild shoulder pain that resolved as the sets went on, so I kept the weight modest and the quality high

Impressions:

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Of course, there once was this mook who tried to catapult the sled off his feet at the descent of his rep...but his rep count ended at zero and that really is a discussion more suited to WTF Moments than it is a serious discourse.

^^^ I know of this "technique."

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Mirin lat spread.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Mirin lat spread.
    Thanks, bro!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work MHL! Last do look good but then with the chins and rows and other work nothing less should be expected.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sillybubba is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow. Seriously bro. Those lats are something. You look like a man kite!
    If you can understand the me, then I can understand the you.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131910793&p=910771933#post910771933

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chin ups
    BW + 70 x 5
    DUDE! This is serious. If you've never tried reverse pyramid sets before, they're most interesting to me with weighted chins. When you drop from something like this to something significantly lighter (or drop the weight altogether and just do a burn-out set of BW!), you feel like you can pull yourself 6' in the air.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
    You've been put on notice: I'm using this jewel!
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Sumo deads (from platform; belt; Vgrips on top sets)
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 5
    365 x 3
    405 x 3
    365 x 5
    315 x 5

This was a good sign; while not in PR land, I was hoping to be able to move 4 plates without pain.
    gj. Looks like maybe your back is feeling a bit better.

Chin ups
    BW x 10
    BW + 45 x 5
    BW + 70 x 5
    BW + 70 x 5
    Great job here!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

No specific comments to add, so I'll just say GJMHLM.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm following along and taking notes.

Page 164 of 203 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast