Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BobSacamano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What happens after you stop taking creatine?

Ok so I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 1,000s of times but what happens after you stop taking creatine? I have heard a bunch of different stuff like: your body stops naturally producing creatine , you get depressed/fatigued, you lose mass..etc

Ive never used creatine before but after getting back into serious weight lifting after a hiatus ive been using powdered creatine mono-hydrate for about a month and have gotten insane results. I about to stop taking it in a couple of weeks since Ive read its good to cycle the stuff.

In short, i want to find out what happens when you stop taking it, from people who have actually used and cycled creatine.

Thanks for your input

askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You will deflate like a popped balloon

Jokes aside, not much will happen.
    #******* Crew#
    -******* mod

BobSacamano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by askem View Post
    You will deflate like a popped balloon

Jokes aside, not much will happen.

...Ha...... theres so much b.s. about creatine its hard to know what top believe...i wish i would have started taking this stuff sooner....

askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BobSacamano View Post
    ...Ha...... theres so much b.s. about creatine its hard to know what top believe...i wish i would have started taking this stuff sooner....
    Haha yeah. I cycle creatine too and hardly see a difference, maybe less endurance every now and then. Nothing too drastic though.
    #******* Crew#
    -******* mod

Location: St. Petersburg, Leningrad Region, Russian Federation
    ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndemeis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I stopped a month ago. I haven't noticed any difference at all.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What happens? Well, your creatine levels return to baseline after about 4-6 weeks.

The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BobSacamano View Post
    Ok so I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 1,000s of times but what happens after you stop taking creatine? I have heard a bunch of different stuff like: your body stops naturally producing creatine , you get depressed/fatigued, you lose mass..etc

Ive never used creatine before but after getting back into serious weight lifting after a hiatus ive been using powdered creatine mono-hydrate for about a month and have gotten insane results. I about to stop taking it in a couple of weeks since Ive read its good to cycle the stuff.

In short, i want to find out what happens when you stop taking it, from people who have actually used and cycled creatine.

Thanks for your input
    Although a common practice, creatine loading is UNnecessary, as once the creatine muscle threshold is reached, it canNOT be saturated further - it's just a faster way of reaching your muscle creatine threshold and 20g a day for ~5 days will have the same effect as 5g a day for ~21 days.

Also contrary to popular belief, once muscle creatine threshold levels have been reached, supplementation of 2-3g of creatine daily is enough to keep them at threshold (Hultman, et al., 1996).

As snorkelman said, nothing happens when you stop using creatine, except that on cessation of creatine supplementation, muscle creatine stores return to resting concentration levels within ~4-5 weeks (Hultman, et al., 1996).

~Team APPNUT
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's not as drastic as when you start taking it. You shrink a little, but not much. Strength doesn't really drop on the first few exercises, but later in the workout it may. Like Rosie said, it's not sudden. I've never had the water retention issues with creatine, so I don't get any more cut when I drop. I think the water retention mostly comes from people taking more than they need. At my size, and only taking 5g post workout on workout days, I have never noticed water retention issues.

thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatnewnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Coming from someone with regrettable experience, I would NOT recommend creatine to anyone. There is so much that we are expected to know that is impossible to know. In my opinion, creatine is a steroid. Creatine boosts testosterone just like steroids do. As you may or may not know, a testosterone booster will make your body think that it does not need to create it itself and it will shut off. I saw my balls shrink when using creatine but thought nothing of it because I felt on top of the world. I was big and had so much testosterone pumping through me that there was no such thing as depression. Finally, I became sick from a cold and did not lift for about 2 weeks or so. A mass started to grow in my right breast. Gynecomastia. Another symptom of steroids. I went to the doctor and was told that my hormone levels were "all over the place." As you may or may not know a hormonal imbalance is also terrible for the body (hairloss). About a year went by since the gyno. It is basically gone aside for a tiny, barely noticeable mass. However, my hair is thinner and my balls are still smaller than before I started creatine. I need much more sleep and have feeling of depression often because of my low levels of natural testosterone. There are so many other things that come along with it and I would not wish what I went through on anyone else.

Pro- Creatine users will say I'm crazy but this is what I truly went though and am not the only one.

Growing up I always knew to never do steroids! They make your balls shrink and lose your hair! Well, I did somehting that did about the same that I bought from GNC. Scary Stuff.

Honestly, don't take the chance. Its not worth having some big muscles even though you may think it is.

marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marky1209 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thatnewnew View Post
    Coming from someone with regrettable experience, I would NOT recommend creatine to anyone. There is so much that we are expected to know that is impossible to know. In my opinion, creatine is a steroid. Creatine boosts testosterone just like steroids do. As you may or may not know, a testosterone booster will make your body think that it does not need to create it itself and it will shut off. I saw my balls shrink when using creatine but thought nothing of it because I felt on top of the world. I was big and had so much testosterone pumping through me that there was no such thing as depression. Finally, I became sick from a cold and did not lift for about 2 weeks or so. A mass started to grow in my right breast. Gynecomastia. Another symptom of steroids. I went to the doctor and was told that my hormone levels were "all over the place." As you may or may not know a hormonal imbalance is also terrible for the body (hairloss). About a year went by since the gyno. It is basically gone aside for a tiny, barely noticeable mass. However, my hair is thinner and my balls are still smaller than before I started creatine. I need much more sleep and have feeling of depression often because of my low levels of natural testosterone. There are so many other things that come along with it and I would not wish what I went through on anyone else.

Pro- Creatine users will say I'm crazy but this is what I truly went though and am not the only one.

Growing up I always knew to never do steroids! They make your balls shrink and lose your hair! Well, I did somehting that did about the same that I bought from GNC. Scary Stuff.

Honestly, don't take the chance. Its not worth having some big muscles even though you may think it is.

your an idiot

gary1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gary1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gary1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gary1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gary1000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

creatine

Try creating ethyl before training and then just after.
    Were you taking any other supplement when you first started taking creating ?

alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you die.

joke, nothing happens.

Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you lose 100 points off your testosterone levels.
    ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Humid South Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
    ------------------------------------------------
    ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ BassDrive/DnB/Deep House Crew ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ ♥
    ------------------------------------------------
    ツ Long Arm Skinny Ectoplasmic Form Manlet Crew ツ

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The change you will see will be negligible. I would not worry about it much.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by marky1209 View Post
    your an idiot
    *You're*

droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your power level goes below 9000

feelsbadman

JoshGoldie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i personally believe that when people stop taking creatine it is similar to a placebo effect, maybe they just think they are weaker because they have stopped taking it, when really they are just as strong as before, but i completely agree that creatine gives you more energy and a bit more power, i just think some people dont believe in themselves enough

ILoveMoonpig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could just use a micro-dose creatine like MusclePharm or Con-Crēt: no need to load, cycle or unload.

To answer your question though, any effects you do experience will probably be more psycho****tic than genuine effects.

asulifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alexistheboss View Post
    you die.

joke, nothing happens.
    you literally made my day

Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will die! O.o

( not srs )

sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10) sliollio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ...Don't do it
    Attached Images
    Bench: 305
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 405
    Power Clean: 215

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sliollio View Post
    ...Don't do it
    That little troll guy "post creatine" made me laugh quite hard. Good stuff...
    In need of a new sig crew...

MrJackBauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As others have stated: probably nothing dramatic. Everybody is different so there is the off chance that your experience might differ from that of most people. I do not notice much change in training when I'm "off" (I always find it somewhat ridiculous when people use roid language like "cycling" or "being on/off" in regards to simple supplements). But especially no side effects like depression or fatigue.
    What does an Emo and a Bodybuilder have in common?

- Telling everyone how good the pain made them feel when they hurt themselves.

EleanorRows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marky1209 View Post
    your an idiot
    Ahahaha thanks for that comment! I just started taking a small amount of creatine, and I am loving it, and that guys issue just totally freaked me out (I'm a girl, I don't want body hair and hair loss!)

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EleanorRows View Post
    me out (I'm a girl, I don't want body hair and hair loss!)
    It doesn't even do that to guys.

Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Love your fairy tale .
    You are deff a good writer!
    Cant wait to next chapter !!
    100% natural and proud of it! (No PH's,DS's,AAS, etc.)

From 135 lbs to 227 lbs (naturaly and with severe obstructive sleep apnea)
    Even with poor sleep you can gain thanks to quality food and good workout plan

jr1286 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Superman

Originally Posted by eleanorrows View Post
    ahahaha thanks for that comment! I just started taking a small amount of creatine, and i am loving it, and that guys issue just totally freaked me out (i'm a girl, i don't want body hair and hair loss!)
    dont worry.. U dont have balls

FinityMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This story is unbelivable.

Originally Posted by Danes View Post
    Love your fairy tale .
    You are deff a good writer!
    Cant wait to next chapter !!
    How do people lie so much and why???? A steroid wtf lol

Rick3060 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

I want to start using it, idk what it exacly does, so what kind of creatine did you use?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rick3060 View Post
    I want to start using it, idk what it exacly does, so what kind of creatine did you use?
    Maybe don't bump threads that are over a year and a half old