Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

One more season for this ol' gal

I am starting a journal here to give me a single place to refer to my progress. It is more fun to journal than keep excel spreadsheets though I may do some of both...

I mostly post in the female section and I play football so you would think I belong in either the female journal section or the sports journal section but my story is more about being 47 years old than it is about being female or being on a woman's pro football team.

Last year I was on my way to the bbing stage when I stumbled across the opportunity to try out for the Portland Fighting Fillies (www.fightingfillies.com) I figured I would not pass the tryouts but showed up to tryout anyway. I had always wished to play football my whole life and was never allowed so I felt like trying out would give me the chance I have never had. I ended up surprising all the coaches and myself at the tryouts and making the team.

It was a wild year as I started to train for sport instead of bbing. While I was strong as could be and fairly ript (around 12% bf when I tried out), I was also prone to injury due to my lack of functional training and very low bf%. In order to survive I did a "fulk" to put on some fat and paid attention to more functional types of training while allowing my strength in my major lifts to decline.

Our football season runs from Jan-Jun with game season starting in March. Our football camp last year was in Vegas in Jan and that is when the **** gets real. Following the training camp, we all travel home and the 11-15 hours a week of training start. Because we are a pro team, we have a LOT more things to do besides practice and train. We have to do press events, community events and fund raising events/suck up to sponsors. We also have to run the business of the team. All in all, this takes around 20 hours of our weeks outside of our normal jobs. In game season we have to travel to Vegas, CA, Utah, Idaho and other PNW team areas.

I actually did exceptionally well my first year. I played defensive back and also played wide receiver. While I was not one of the team's super stars I did manage to get in the game for about 10 downs every time and I always played a solid role. I am older than the teams average member by 15 years so I get a lot of press attention and I've earned the respect of all. I won't lie though about how tough it was for me. I did not suffer any MAJOR injuries but I did break two fingers and suffer two muscle strains that had to be carefully managed. I also left the season with a really bad case of tennis elbow.

July 4th was the first week off for our team and most of my teammates where signing up to play soccer, basketball, etc in the intramural teams around here. I did nothing but nurse my broken finger, my tennis elbow, my stiff knee and my piraformus strain. And as of last week I am starting back into the weight room. Things should be a bit easier for me this year as I am actually conditioned for function and I have some bf to support the recovery. Even so I will have to manage the season and my training with extreme care. I feel for Brett Favre when he says he is waiting to be cleared for return. I understand his refusal to show up for early camp. It takes longer to recover and heal after 40.

Still with proper management and the right team of experts we can do it despite the age. It just takes more thinking and more active recovery techniques.

My teammates tell me that the rookie year of this sport is sort of a waste as you spend much of your time on the field confused and/or scared. They tell me that season two is a whole new ballgame and that is where players really come out as players. I am committing to one more season to allow myself this experience of "coming into my own" as a football player. But after this season I am pretty sure I will come back to bbing. I miss the progressive lifting routines, the muscle that I gain and the looks I achieve with bbing. So I am going for just one more season and then coming back to prepare again for the stage.

In the meanwhile please bear with me as I chronicle the events of this new football season in this bbing folder!
    Last edited by kfisherx; 08-26-2010 at 07:51 AM.

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In!

Fantastic! I can't wait to hear about this. Go Fighting Fillies!
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by equestrian View Post
    In!

Fantastic! I can't wait to hear about this. Go Fighting Fillies!
    Thanks for popping in.

Last 8 weeks were pretty much complete rest and heal weeks. This is setting me back to ground zero in lifting. I did this by design though because I am rehabbing and troubleshooting some hip and SI issues that have been somewhat plaguing me in the squat. I was fairly strong when bodybuilding and able to do 200 plus lb squats.... BUT I always felt limited because my right leg always caved in on me. I think I can do much better than 200 and a few trainers think I can too. In order to get there though I really need to rebuild from the ground up and make sure I am training the right muscles and the right way.

My training program for the season looks like this

There are 3 phases
    Transitional phase - july-aug
    Pre-season phase - sep-Feb
    Game season -Feb-Jun

The transitional phase is about resting and rehabbing (both mentally and physically) I am doing recreational activities and have started the break-in program of NROL. During the transitional phase I will do some hypertrophy and strength weeks for lifting. Outside of lifting I am doing 1 workout for speedwork and one technical workout and plyos. I will keep the volume in the gym down significantly in order to make sure I am adapting to all the other work. My tendancy is to overtain/overreach so my goal this season is to under-reach in the gym while focusing on the other work that make me a better player.

Current Nutrition Goal is to maintain until Pre-season phase. In the beginning of pre-season I will be slightly hpyo-caloric into the hell weeks and training camps. My goal is to come in lighter to the camps and then be hypercaloric through this tough time to fuel the work. I will maintain for the first part of game season and then go hypercaloric for the end of the season. Again to fuel the recovery as the games get faster, the hitting gets harder and the travel begins to take its toll.

Okay... (whew) That should be enough background.. Now I can start logging work.

Phase = Transition (Goal: Under-reach, rehab and readjust)

Monday

Break in workout A (all rests = 60 sec)
    gobblet squats (1x15x40)

Superset 1
    static lunge (1x15xbw)
    bench press flat db (1x15x20e, 1x15x25e)

Superset2
    tbd (can't remember this one at this time)
    Incline crunch (2x15xbw)

Wed

Break in workout B (all rests = 60 sec)
    Deads (1x15x40,1x15,50)

Superset 1
    step ups to bench (2x15xbw)
    db milt press (2x15x20e)

Superset 2
    Latpull down (1x15x50, 1x15x70)
    reverse crunch (2x15xbw)

Legs burned like a Motha after the Monday 2x15 workout. Seems that after you rest them for so long, it hurts like the first time.

In addition to these workouts I did Yoga on Wed and did lots of walking. Besides the DOMs in the quads everything seems to be okay. Am foam rolling and doing lots of stretching. My legs are starting to scream at me to run but the knee is still a tiny bit stiff so am holding off on plyos and speedwork until at least next week.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will be following this, my friend.

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I will be following this, my friend.
    And a big fat welcome to you too. Things will go pretty slowly at first in here. I am building up for the big season right now...

Went to the corporate gym today at lunch because I thought there was a yoga class and I needed a good stretch. I learned that class doesn't happen on Fridays... So I did an impromptu (very light and higher rep and low volume) upper body. (Saving the legs still)

Friday - no more lifting this week

Rests < 1 min

Bench press (2x15x30e)
    lat pull down (2x15x70)

Incline bench (2x15x20e)
    Low Row Life Fitness machine (2x15x30) - this machine is wicked weird in settings

close grip bench press (2x15x20e)
    db curl standing (2x15x10e)

cable push down -flat bar (2x15x30)
    bb curl standing (2x15x20)

mil press db (2x15x20e)

Tonight is Chinese food with my oldest child who is visiting from Portland.. No way to possibly eat reasonably for Chinese food.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post

Tonight is Chinese food with my oldest child who is visiting from Portland.. No way to possibly eat reasonably for Chinese food.
    No, but using chopsticks sure slows you down some.

No, but using chopsticks sure slows you down some.
    I got really good with those little implements in China. Also, they hand forks out to all the white people by default.

I am in trouble deep.

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got really good with those little implements in China. Also, they hand forks out to all the white people by default.

I am in trouble deep.
    lol! Yeah, I'm pretty good with them too...although probably not THAT good.

Enjoy yourself, have fun and enjoy the company of your child. You deserve it!

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

lol! Yeah, I'm pretty good with them too...although probably not THAT good.

Enjoy yourself, have fun and enjoy the company of your child. You deserve it!
    Had a GREAT weekend with the oldest. It is one of the most amazing and inspirational things in the world to stand at the finish line of a race as big and as challenging as the Hood to Coast. I stood there and wept at the beauty of the athletes reaching deep to cross the line. Many of them were limping and all were exhausted. It was nothing short of amazing. My daughter's bf (and she) came in from Texas. His company actually sponsored a team and he got to be part of it. They actually finished in the top 23%. I was so proud of him. The poor baby had to take an ice bath that night though and lots of anti-inflammatory. He really did not train properly for the race.

But back to me and my workouts. On Saturday I did some football running drills and played catch with my daughter. Except for my elbow that went well. My Friday upper workout was a mistake as my tennis elbow was very inflamed for the weekend and into Monday. I did yoga on Monday and then workout A which was again too much. I iced the heck out of it last night and am doing so again now. That is the bad news. The good news is that the hamstring seems to be 100% right now. I am going to stay on my light weights plan for the next month as I work and rehab it back to full strength. I am very excited as this injury has been plaguing me for most of the 2010 season. I know I will be faster this year.

I also am adding gloucosamine, Condroitin and MSM supps to my list of supps. I have seen this work wonders on my horses and am hoping for similar results as my CNS starts to suffer this season. My total supps now are fish oil, daily vit, calcium, magnesium and now this. I gain mega weight when I try creatine but I swear there is no difference in performance so I am not taking that. Tomorrow I attempt the B workout (modified to work around my elbow) and I am going to skip yoga until the elbow is cleared up.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed! I'm willing to bet the gloucosamine and condroitin will work wonders. Sounds like a great weekend!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I also am adding gloucosamine, Condroitin and MSM supps to my list of supps. I have seen this work wonders on my horses and am hoping for similar results as my CNS starts to suffer this season. My total supps now are fish oil, daily vit, calcium, magnesium and now this. I gain mega weight when I try creatine but I swear there is no difference in performance so I am not taking that. Tomorrow I attempt the B workout (modified to work around my elbow) and I am going to skip yoga until the elbow is cleared up.
    See, I have begun supping with creatine for the very first time these past few months and I SWEAR I feel a difference. Oh well.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Subbed! I'm willing to bet the gloucosamine and condroitin will work wonders. Sounds like a great weekend!
    Awesome to see you here. I am still trying to sort through this folder. It freak'n moves so fast!!! I see your log on the first page a few times though.

See, I have begun supping with creatine for the very first time these past few months and I SWEAR I feel a difference. Oh well.
    Alan told me that some people simply do not respond to it. It's funny because I will put on huge amounts of weight (like 5 lbs) once I start taking it so something is happening. It just doesn't transfer to strength gains that I can tell.

I decided to work out at home today so that I could get the doggie out for a walk before the sun set. I have a pretty cool little gym that I like to use sometimes and there are some benefits to working out there as well. So I did a nice brisk 1 mile walk with my schnauzer (Sherman) for a warm up and then came back and worked out in my skivvies and socks. (told ya there were benefits)

Workout

Nutrition = maintain until 100% healed (eat by feel)
    Weight = 137 lbs (I was up 4 lbs today from something. Perhaps the gloucosamine?)

Wed (ww36)

NROL Break in workout B (all rests = 60 sec)
    Deads (1x15x65,1x15,95)

**This was super easy and a HUGE jump from last week. Will not increase next week as I need to under-reach

Superset 1
    step ups to bench (1x15x40, 1x15xbw)
    db milt press (2x15x20e)

** Again another huge jump up from last week. Felt a tiny pull in hamstring on first sets so did second set with bw

Superset 2
    Latpull down (2x15x50)
    reverse crunch (2x15xbw)

Have ice on all my injured parts and am took anti-inflams. Hoping for continued improvements.

I am getting a bit excited as this Friday I am going to start walking through some agility drills and start working in technique.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The logs here move constantly. I spend more time looking for journals then actually posting in them lol.

I tried creatine years ago and got nothing. So about 6 months ago I figured what the hell it's been years and I'm gonna try it again.

I got nada...stuff does nothing for me.

Good work!!

Soundtrack Always Playing DanceDiva's Avatar
    DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi cutie patootie.

You could have let a sister know you'd started a journal over here.

How's your spirit?

I went to yoga today. Really focused on my pelvis and breath.

Love ya.
    -- Keep the Faith Baby (Adam Clayton Powell)

-- "If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come
    up with a Plan B."

Had a GREAT weekend with the oldest. It is one of the most amazing and inspirational things in the world to stand at the finish line of a race as big and as challenging as the Hood to Coast. I stood there and wept at the beauty of the athletes reaching deep to cross the line. Many of them were limping and all were exhausted. It was nothing short of amazing. My daughter's bf (and she) came in from Texas. His company actually sponsored a team and he got to be part of it. They actually finished in the top 23%. I was so proud of him. The poor baby had to take an ice bath that night though and lots of anti-inflammatory. He really did not train properly for the race.
    Fantastic! Although sorry to hear about the icebath.

I've got my horse on this stuff too and it really does help, especially since he's 22 now and arthritis does bother him a bit. He's mostly pasture turn out, so that helps tremendously, but when they bring them in over night because of bad weather, then he has a hard time. I got a kick out of it when Emma-Leigh put me on the same stuff.

Good luck with the elbow!

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The logs here move constantly. I spend more time looking for journals then actually posting in them lol.

I tried creatine years ago and got nothing. So about 6 months ago I figured what the hell it's been years and I'm gonna try it again.

I got nada...stuff does nothing for me.

Good work!!
    I am going to try the stuff one more time since I have some left. If nothing this time, I am gonna ditch it.

Originally Posted by DanceDiva View Post
    Hi cutie patootie.

You could have let a sister know you'd started a journal over here.

How's your spirit?

I went to yoga today. Really focused on my pelvis and breath.

Love ya.
    LOL!!! I freak'n HATE yoga. I am actually going to go again on Monday with my friend here at work. We have this brand new fitness center that I am enjoying. I think the more appropriate question is how is your spirit right now? Obviously I am still in grieving but I get stronger and better focused each day. Sometimes it crashes in on me but I am doing relatively okay. In 4 weeks my daugthers and I will meet in PA and spread his ashes with my Mother and siblings. I am looking forward to that as a "healing" time.

I've got my horse on this stuff too and it really does help, especially since he's 22 now and arthritis does bother him a bit. He's mostly pasture turn out, so that helps tremendously, but when they bring them in over night because of bad weather, then he has a hard time. I got a kick out of it when Emma-Leigh put me on the same stuff.

Good luck with the elbow!
    LOL!! Did Emma-Liegh recommend a specific brand or form for you to take? I am thinking I might try the liquid stuff that I gave to my horses. I mean, why not?

No workout today. Elbow feels really good but ham or adductor strain is a bit sore (jumped up in weight too quickly this week). Am resting and stretching/foam rolling today. Doing nothing but a bike ride with the dog tomorrow. (No techniqe work) I am really pushing the healing part of it this time. I can tell by the way I am coming back that I will come back really strong again once I've had time to recover 100%. In no time I will post my 225 or better deads!! YEAH BUDDY!!!! So looking forward to that. Of course that is only if I can do conditioning and then agility work. (target timeframe will be Dec-Jan for Max strength work) then football camp starts in Jan and the focus has to switch to my field performance again. I am soooo looking forward to putting on pads again and smashing people.

LOL!! Did Emma-Liegh recommend a specific brand or form for you to take? I am thinking I might try the liquid stuff that I gave to my horses. I mean, why not?
    No, she just gave me a level to look for and I found it at the Vitamin Shop. I'll get the brand name I found for you if you want it. I seriously thought about raiding my horse's stash but I figured equine levels are a lot different from human levels. His is powder form and comes in a pre-measured container since I board him. It has all of his sups in one package, they rip it open and dump it in his feed - no muss and more importantly no inaccurate measuring.

I'm going on three weeks taking it now, I'm not sure if I'm noticing a difference or if it's a placebo effect. When I torque my hip in TKD, the next day I'll get this grinding sensation in the joint. I've been getting that less and less even though I've torqued it quite a bit recently. So placebo effect or not, at least taking the stuff doesn't hurt!

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

15 mile bike ride and 3 mile walk on dirt road (very steep). The ride was on rolling hills and I was pulling my schnauzer in a baby cart so kept it fairly slow (mostly under 15mph). The ride was strong and easy. Knee, ham and elbow all feeling better today than ever. This is hopefully my last month of rehab and under reaching. I never made it to the football field for agility walkthough like I had planned as the drive in movie was calling my name. I figure I will do that tomorrow on my rest day.

Am eating a really yummy food right now from a recipe I made up. 2 cups cauliflower, 1 cup oat flour, 1 cup cheese and 2 eggs. Bake until golden brown. Pretty good stuff. I have been eating fresh vegetable until I burst nearly every night the past few weeks (I love end of summer harvest). My neighbors all garden and bring overflow to me because I usually do not have a garden. Right now I have piles of fresh veges laying on my counter. Tomorrow I make soup. I will grill all the veges and then blend them up until soupy. What I cannot eat, I will seal and freeze for the winter. I have a local chicken in the oven too right now and fresh turkey and chicken eggs in the fridge. Not sure what I am gonna do with that but will figure it all out by tomorrow. Sundays are cooking days!
    Last edited by kfisherx; 09-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    It looks like you have a lot of knowledge, and a carefully thought out plan for improving yourself, Karla!

I agree with you on supplementing glucosamine / chondroitin and MSM. This combo has really helped me with joint pain and stiffness.
    Still with proper management and the right team of experts we can do it despite the age. It just takes more thinking and more active recovery techniques.
    With this attitude, you will go far. Kudos for not rolling over and letting age have it's way with you, like so many are prone to do.

Keep fighting the good fight!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

I think you and I had started a cut around the same time. How much did you end up losing and are you maintaining right now...what's the plan?

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    ...Keep fighting the good fight!
    Howdy neighbor!!

I think you and I had started a cut around the same time. How much did you end up losing and are you maintaining right now...what's the plan?
    Hey Kim.... My goal is to be at 130 lbs by Jan timeframe (football camp's begin) I went from 140ish to 133-134 over the past months. I stopped cutting with any seriousness when my Father died last month and when I discovered my injuries where not healing as quickly as I had hoped. I figure the combination of grieving and injuries need to be fed. I stopped tracking and am maintaining for the past 4 or so weeks so far. I will go back to the cut again once I am 100% physically healthy. If I hit training camp at 133, I will not worry about it. This year is about me staying healthy and performing only. Body comp goals are FAR below this priority.

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences. Injuries and more food, smart move indeed!

am sorry about your dad as well.

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences. Injuries and more food, smart move indeed!
    am sorry about your dad as well.

Thank you ladies. I am healing emotionally as well as physically right now. This is why I set my goals to be so low this and last month. Grieving takes an amazing physical toll on a body. I have a book that says to treat yourself like you just got finished a major surgery. So being easy on myself. Getting lots of rest, eating lots of good quality foods and making sure to stay active and part of this life.

Yesterday I rested. Took a drive with a friend to a national park near our house and stopped for ice cream. I actually ordered a sugar cone and ice cream. I never do this and now I remember why. The ice cream was awesome but on the way home I could almost not stay awake. I felt like crap. So I forced myself to stay awake and I painted one of the outbuildings on my farm once we got home soas not to nap.

Today I was up early to get groceries for more cooking. I had bags full of vegetables that had to be turned into something. I lacked mushrooms and a few other supplies to make the soup I was thinking of. I cut up green and yellow zucchinis, mushrooms and onions, wrapped them in foil and threw them on the grill along with chicken, rib-eye and chicken sausages (food for the week). After they came off the grill I threw the veges in the blender and ran it on liquefy briefly. I yielded about 4 quarts of thick liquid vegetable soup that I sealed and froze for those cold winter months. I added a tiny bit of salt and some pepper, but other than that it was pretty tasty all by itself.

Did LOTS of work on the farm today. Cleaned gutters, did chimney sweeping on both fireplaces, put down tar around the stove pipes, fixed a roof hole on one of the barns, trimmed trees and did some weeding. Still managed to do a little walk with the dog and then a workout.

This starts week 3 of break in.

Workout A (NROL)

Monday ww38
    Nutrition = maintain until 100% healed (eat by feel)
    Weight = 134.6 lbs (hmmm... starting to go up a bit)

(all rests = 60 sec)

bb back squats (1x15x45, 1x15x65)

Superset 1
    static lunge (2x15x15)
    1 arm db row (2x15x25)

Superset2
    bench press flat db (1x15x25e, 1x20x25e)
    Incline crunch (2x15xbw)

===================================
    Notes:
    All form perfect and slow reps
    significant improvement in squat work
    db rows kept very low due to tennis elbow injury
    will go 30s next time on press
    Thinking how important it is to do unilateral work even though I freak'n hate it (this is why it is good to do someone elses program design now and then...

That's some back breaking work you did...I'm not even talking about the workout!

That's some back breaking work you did...I'm not even talking about the workout!
    ^^THAT^^ is exactly how I over-trained last year. Too much farm work mixed in with all the lifting work. Of course I did not talk about my farm work to Alan. You know, 'cause it isn't lifting or working out... Sigh... Stupidity and MAJOR oversight on my part. I understand now how it all counts towards the big picture. Under reach is my new game.

Did rehab work today

Plank - 3:00 min (pretty easy. Need to work up to an easy 4:00 before season starts)
    cable hip abductor work (3x15x5lb each leg)
    Left elbow extensions with 2lb weight and curl superset (3x15)

Foam rolling and stretchy stuff

Notes: My lat pulldown/low row machine is old school and just a metal rubbing on metal so the 5lb total weight is like 15lb on any of the modern machines. This was actually a good increase for me.

I found a stretch that I think is going to expedite my hamstring injury. I woke up very tight this morning and only after this stretch could feel no pain whatsoever. Damn straight!

Food stuff:
    Weighed in a tad bit high past few days 134.5lb. Since I am not tracking I decided to track today to make sure I am eating correctly for maintaining. I thought I was gonna have to "embrace the suck" for awhile but instead found that I had to actually force foodi in. Conclusion is that I am now pretty sure I am not eating that much over if at all. Weight is likely water gains. I'll keep tracking just to reinforce the macros for a little while and to be sure.

Best recipe eveh: Tonight I had to get some mad calories in before going to bed and here is what I did. I call this the banana,chocolate smoothie. Cut up 2 med sized bananas and freeze overnight. Just before eating get out bananas and set aside. In blender add 2-4 oz of milk plus one scoop of chocolate whey. Blend until creamy. Add banana and blend until milkshake consistency.

Oh yeah buddy!!!! A little bit of heaven even for those gals who are keeping cals low.

Best recipe eveh: Tonight I had to get some mad calories in before going to bed and here is what I did. I call this the banana,chocolate smoothie. Cut up 2 med sized bananas and freeze overnight. Just before eating get out bananas and set aside. In blender add 2-4 oz of milk plus one scoop of chocolate whey. Blend until creamy. Add banana and blend until milkshake consistency.

Oh yeah buddy!!!! A little bit of heaven even for those gals who are keeping cals low.
    Sounds yummy but bananas make me so I can't...you know...*whispers*...poop.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Soundtrack Always Playing DanceDiva's Avatar
    DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did rehab work today
    So proud of you.
    I found a stretch that I think is going to expedite my hamstring injury. I woke up very tight this morning and only after this stretch could feel no pain whatsoever. Damn straight!
    Hamstrings are tricky buggers. You might want to foam roll hamstrings and adductors before doing the stretching if you're doing it when you first get up.

Food stuff:
    Weighed in a tad bit high past few days 134.5lb. Since I am not tracking I decided to track today to make sure I am eating correctly for maintaining. I thought I was gonna have to "embrace the suck" for awhile but instead found that I had to actually force foodi in. Conclusion is that I am now pretty sure I am not eating that much over if at all. Weight is likely water gains. I'll keep tracking just to reinforce the macros for a little while and to be sure.
    Are you on a targeted weight range at the moment or did you have a "moment" when you saw the scale value?

I could get with this except I'd have to replace the chocolate whey with unflavored whey, cocoa, sugar. Sounds heavenly.
    -- Keep the Faith Baby (Adam Clayton Powell)

-- "If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come
    up with a Plan B."