Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just returned from a Sunday night football practice. There were 4 coaches out there and the db coach is new. He is all about the conditioning so we ran and we ran and then we ran some more. Of course as we gear into hell weeks he made sure that we did many of our runs as a punishment. Teaching discipline and teamwork and breaking us down. As happens nearly all practice season it was raining on us and once again I find myself standing on the gridiorn under the bright lights with rain pouring down on me and running off my head, down my face and back. The steam from my body rising to meet the rain droplets. In a way it is miserable but I do not feel the misery as much as I feel the gratitude. My body is working well and I am in great health. One day I will be too old to do this work, but tonight I run as a colt in the spring with the other young fillies. Life is good.

Tomorrow is squat and bench day. Woo Hoo (strength reps here we come)

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Football 101 class tonight followed by a workout with my girls. We got hammered by the defensive coach this evening and we learned about the strategy we will take this season. Last year we played a cover 2, 4, 3 but this year we are playing a 5,3,1 primarily. Less safey types on the field but the defensive ends can now be smaller but stronger people. I am wondering if I am big enough to play as a defensive end. I am quick off the line and fairly strong. Maybe that is in my future this season? We'll have to wait and see. I am excited either way.

Workout in the gym focused on strength but I did not push it with my squats. I came late so did not have time to warm up so my squat set was my warn up. I am still getting used to using my body differently as well. I now have better ROM and better hip mobility. I no longer collapse my right hip. I am pretty certain these things will lead to me doing much heavier lifts in the future than I could have done without the rehab work.

Squat and Press workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    Goal - under reach in weights not in effort
    (B) = better than last effort
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up: none (got to the gym late)

bb back squats (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    1x5x95 2x5x115lb

Bench Press (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    3x5x95lb

Alternating set #1 (10 reps, 45 sec rests)
    step ups - 15ex3 *
    rows - 90, 105x2

Alternating set #2 (45 sec rests and 10 reps)
    underhand lat pulls or chin ups - 3x10x90
    tricep presses- 3x10x4

Ab Superset (30 sec rest after both performed) by 10 reps each exercise
    hanging leg raises
    Lower Roman twists

Feeling bad lately (going through therapy right now for grief counselling) so not up for working out last night. Tonight I did a workout but allowed myself to do just 85% of weight on the lifts as my head is not on clearly enough for really heavy lifts. (too dangerous if distracted)

Dead and Press workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up: deads:45 and 95x5

Deads (60 sec rests and 5 reps and 85%)
    1x5x135lb, 2x5x155lb

close grip Bench Press (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    3x5x60lb

Alternating set #1 (10 reps, 45 sec rests)
    bss - 2x10x40
    lat pulls- 2x10x70

db curls - 2x10x15e
    cable tricep presses- 2x10x30lb

Hip thrusters: 2x10x155lb

Glad I did it but tired now... Team agility workout tomorrow.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Life has a tendency to take our heads out of the game. You do what you can to get through...some days are easier then others.

Sending you hugs and positive vibes...get some rest, regroup and kill it like you always do!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Dear, sweet Kim. You would know as well as anyone about stress and life taking it out of us now and then. I am actually seeking psycho-therapy for this one and it is taking a pretty hard toll on me. Unexpected too. I don't know why I thought it would be easy... Sigh. My biggest problem is that I am autistic and suffering from hyper-sensory issues since my Father's death. If not for that I think I'd be fine as I don't really have any more outwardly expressed emotion about it. Apparently I am burying stuff. Trauma has a way of really screwing with a person...

But on to better news. ROCKED my agility workout tonight. Improved on everything. It is easier to do the cardio stuff than the heavy lifts. Okay so it is true. Cardio can be done any time no matter how crappy you otherwise feel. If I cannot keep my head in the game next week after my session, I will likely switch my routine a little bit to be higher rep so that I keep some volume at least. We'll see. I can manage this one way or the other. The shrink says I should be through this in 5 weeks or less.

Weight is now at 135ish and holding. I need to hold as I am getting a little too muscled.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Dear, sweet Kim. You would know as well as anyone about stress and life taking it out of us now and then. I am actually seeking psycho-therapy for this one and it is taking a pretty hard toll on me. Unexpected too. I don't know why I thought it would be easy... Sigh. My biggest problem is that I am autistic and suffering from hyper-sensory issues since my Father's death. If not for that I think I'd be fine as I don't really have any more outwardly expressed emotion about it. Apparently I am buying stuff.
    I read the bolded too quickly, and thought you dealt with grief by a shopping addiction!

t
    burying stuff. Trauma has a way of really screwing with a person...
    It does, but you are one of the toughest people I know!
    Weight is now at 135ish and holding. I need to hold as I am getting a little too muscled.
    Boo hoo.

Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I read the bolded too quickly, and thought you dealt with grief by a shopping addiction!
    Oh HA HA. If you only knew me. I HATE shopping. Nearly all sorts of it. Stores are mostly a "bad" place for me. If not for my friends and personal shoppers at Nordstroms, I'd have nothing at all in style or new. Being on the spectrum is a PIA when it causes issues like I am having now but otherwise it is sort of cool in that it makes it so I really do not care about material things or how stylish I am. I remember once some kid was teasing my kid about her Mom dying her hair and my daughter replied, "Are you kidding?" "My Mother doesn't even comb her hair." I care about my body but not clothing or otherwise looks... Same with my house. Pretty empty as my boyfriends have always furnished the house for me and took much of it when they left... You walk across my floors and you can hear your foot echo like in the gym. No... That is a funny statement. Shopping is bad therapy for AS people.

Whoops did not log last Sunday's workout.... Got a tattoo on Monday but did a workout on Sunday. Just finished another workout so will log them both. The tattoo thing was new to me. (this is my first) It did not hurt me at all (I have no pain sensors) but I felt a bit off for 2 days. It is apparently a fairly big deal to the body/systems. So I allowed myself rest until Friday (tonight)

Here is my Tattoo..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=341

And to log my 2 workouts.....

Squat and Press workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up: none
    squats, press, hip thrusts, curls,
    Plyos: 4x10

bb back squats (60 sec rests and 12 reps)
    45, 65, 85, 95 (B)

db Bench Press (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    25e, 30ex3 sets (B)

Hip Thrusters
    45, 135x2,sets 135x9 reps*

Superset #1 (45 sec rests and 10 reps)
    tri cable pulls - 30lb x 3 sets
    de curls - 10e, 15e x 3 sets

Walking Lunges
    50x10 each leg x 3 sets (B)**

raises- 8ex3 sets ***
    aductors cable pulls- 3 sets each leg

* I feel like I may be stuck at these for awhile. Bret said I have glute weakness. Imagine that.... He was right.
    ** This is KICKASS! My initial single leg work was sooo bad when I first started back after the season. It feels good to have the stabalizer muscles working better again.
    *** My tennis elbow is finally allowing me to do some weight (wow that is a bitch of an injury)
    Last edited by kfisherx; 11-19-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Just finished my Friday night workout at my company gym. My tattoo was looking so awesome in there. Did another squat workout as I intend to do HIT tomorrow and want to do deads (strength range) on Monday after a bit of a rest. (we'll see how I feel)

I am still rehabbing my hamstring, SI injury it appears. There is just something still not 100% right in that area so am keeping things fairly light for right now until I can really figure it all out. The good news is that I am still able to add weights progressively in the grand scheme of things even though I am very far off from the weights I know I can do and have done in the past. Still... Gotta keep things safe for now.

Squat and Press workout II
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up:
    squats, press, hip thrusts, curls, pulls
    Plyos: 4x10

gobblet squats (60 sec rests and 12 reps)
    35, 45, 65 (B)

Superset #1 (60 sec rests, 10 reps, )
    db Bench Press : 30e, 40e (B)*
    Lat pulls (machine): 75, 90

Superset #2 (60 sec rests and 10 reps)
    seated extensions (quad)- 80, 85 (B)
    cable flyes- 17.5e x 2 sets

Superset #3 (60 sec rests and 10 reps)
    seated ham (quad)- 70, 80 (B)
    cable tries- 37, 42

Superset #4 (60 sec rests and 10 reps)
    raises - 8e, 10e
    bb curls- 20, 30, 40

Cardio (yeah that's what I said.... 2 miles. I gotta start the running conditioning for the season. Freak'n sigh)

Fuking rehab again. My SI is sore and my hamstring is tight. Dang it. My elbow is swollen like a baseball. Don't know what the heck happened but am backing way off and throwing in the towl. I have to get pro help with these injuries. I can't seem to rehab by myself due to my inability to feel pain. It works well for me when getting a tattoo but obviously doesn't cut it when trying to tell how much is too much. I obviously blew it somewhere. I have been trying for years to figure this out... stupid brain wiring...

Phase - rehab
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up:
    none

Superset #1 (60 sec rests, 15 reps, )
    abductor cable pulls: 8x3 sets (B)
    db raises: 8ex3 sets

Hip thrusters (15 reps)
    45, 65, 135x2 sets (B)

Superset #2 (60 sec rests and 12 reps)
    bb close grip press (flat)- 65x4 sets
    cable high row- 45x4sets

Superset #3 (60 sec rests and 10 reps)
    tri cable press - 25x4 sets
    db curls- 10ex4 sets

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm right there with you when it comes to shopping. I have no interest at all and the mall is the last place I want to be...

I love the tattoo...the artwork is awesome!

With your high tolerance for pain, can you tell if you re-injured it or it never fully healed? Damn that sucks girl...I have no words.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love the tattoo! I am the same way with shopping---for myself. I love to buy stuff for my daughter and my dog, though. My teen, though? He doesn't deserve anything. My living quarters would also be more sparsely furnished if my mother wan't constantly dumping her hand-me-downs on me.

I am worried for you for your injuries. This won't keep you off the field, I hope?
    For what I don't know

I am worried for you for your injuries. This won't keep you off the field, I hope?
    I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to ask.

Damn I hope not!

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to ask.

Damn I hope not!

I went to my chiro and he determined that L3 and L4 were both out. That's the bad news. The good news is that my glutes are firing. The other good news is that since he adjusted me the hamstring is rapidly getting much better. This is not going to keep me completely off the field but it sure is making it hard to get in shape during this down time. I wish I could figure out what the fuk is going on with my low back and the alignment. It just keeps getting whacked out for some reason even though I am lifting light.

Did a workout (mostly upper) of 2x25s on the night before Thanksgiving before going to my friends for drinks and a hockey game. I never m ade it to the hockey game as I got too drunk to get in.

Thanksgiving day I had one of those hangovers where everytime you move you either hurt or hurl. I slept in until 2:00 PM when it was time to get up and go to the neighbors for dinner. The whole neighborhood was there and I was pretty hungover but still managed to eat a TON including 4 pieces of pie.

The following day I did another workout (light) and the next day I did a real nice upper workout.

I am not officially logging any of these workouts as they are not really on my plan. My plan was to do more full body and I am not doing anything but upper and doing rehab/foam rolling lower.

I freak'n wanna get back on plan but chill'n for a little while longer just to be sure I can get on the field on the 11th. My hope is to do a squat workout at a minimum this week and possibly a light deadlift one.... We'll see.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    That is a bad ass tattoo, Karla!

We have koi here, they are beautiful and mysterious creatures. That's a cool way to honor your father.... a good way to remind yourself of what he means to you.

Hope the grief counselling helps you to deal with it better, and here's hoping you can get that injury business worked out before it's time to play. I have no doubt you'll be able to persevere, because you are strong and have the fire to succeed.

Have an awesome rest of the week!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Thank you IC! And thanks for saving my log from page 6!!!!

Seems I am slacking a bit.

I am making amazing strides in my grief counseling and think that this will be my last week. I am working at nearly full tilt now in my job. My focus and mental strength is back and I have restored peace in my heart. My future is now brighter. My Shrink was not cheap but me thinks he may have earned his 170 bucks an hour this time around. (Fortunately my work picked up most of it) First time I have ever done that and glad I did it now.

While I am slacking on the log a bit I am not slacking on my workouts. I am backed off anything that could possibly cause injury to my low back and lower but still am working out upper pretty well. Still am weak which means I am somehow not right. I cannot really feel pain but have learned to not go by that. I am tempted to go and order an MRI for this just to be sure. It has been too long since I have been 100% (nearly 2 years) Seems that I can only stay really healthy for a few months at a time at the most before I am out of whack again... Good news (of course) is that now that my glutes are firing correctly I can move to different root cause. This one is tricky and because I am not really disabled (in fact more highly functioning than most my peers) it is hard to get proper focus on it without a great deal of effort on my part. At least that is how I feel.

Okay workouts are as follow (I got two of them stacked up now)

Monday:
    Gobblets
    15xbw and 15x30

Alternating Set #1 (strength = 90 sec rests)
    Flat db press: 5x25e, 5x30e, 5x45e by 2 sets
    Lat pull: 5x35, 5x60, 5x70, 5x80, 5x90

Alternating set #2 (rehab = 30 sec rests)
    hip thrusters
    15x25lbs by 2 sets
    cable abductors
    15x8lb by 2 sets (each leg)

db press flat
    Alternation set #3 (no rests)
    db raises
    15x10e by 2 sets
    20 crunches

Today: (Thrs)
    All rests = 60 and reps = 12

db press
    30e, 35e by 3 sets

seated leg press (supports my back)**
    105,125,150, 160,180

low row machine

Superset 1
    seated leg extension
    Seated ham extention

Superset 2
    bicep curls bb
    20,30,40 by 2 sets
    cable tri push
    32 by 4 sets

** Who says machines don't have their application. I can work out pretty safely on these machines here at work and keep leg strength somewhat up until I can figure this mess out.

Thank you IC! And thanks for saving my log from page 6!!!!

Seems I am slacking a bit.

I am making amazing strides in my grief counseling and think that this will be my last week. I am working at nearly full tilt now in my job. My focus and mental strength is back and I have restored peace in my heart. My future is now brighter. My Shrink was not cheap but me thinks he may have earned his 170 bucks an hour this time around. (Fortunately my work picked up most of it) First time I have ever done that and glad I did it now.

While I am slacking on the log a bit I am not slacking on my workouts. I am backed off anything that could possibly cause injury to my low back and lower but still am working out upper pretty well. Still am weak which means I am somehow not right. I cannot really feel pain but have learned to not go by that. I am tempted to go and order an MRI for this just to be sure. It has been too long since I have been 100% (nearly 2 years) Seems that I can only stay really healthy for a few months at a time at the most before I am out of whack again... Good news (of course) is that now that my glutes are firing correctly I can move to different root cause. This one is tricky and because I am not really disabled (in fact more highly functioning than most my peers) it is hard to get proper focus on it without a great deal of effort on my part. At least that is how I feel.

Okay workouts are as follow (I got two of them stacked up now)

Monday:
    Gobblets
    15xbw and 15x30

Alternating Set #1 (strength = 90 sec rests)
    Flat db press: 5x25e, 5x30e, 5x45e by 2 sets
    Lat pull: 5x35, 5x60, 5x70, 5x80, 5x90

Alternating set #2 (rehab = 30 sec rests)
    hip thrusters
    15x25lbs by 2 sets
    cable abductors
    15x8lb by 2 sets (each leg)

db press flat
    Alternation set #3 (no rests)
    db raises
    15x10e by 2 sets
    20 crunches

Today: (Thrs)
    All rests = 60 and reps = 12

db press
    30e, 35e by 3 sets

seated leg press (supports my back)**
    105,125,150, 160,180

low row machine

Superset 1
    seated leg extension
    Seated ham extention

Superset 2
    bicep curls bb
    20,30,40 by 2 sets
    cable tri push
    32 by 4 sets

** Who says machines don't have their application. I can work out pretty safely on these machines here at work and keep leg strength somewhat up until I can figure this mess out.
    Sooo good to see you back! I see you saw in my journal I got back on a *real* program. I couldn't be happier, and that's all thanks to you, you know. You're my hero!
    For what I don't know

Sooo good to see you back! I see you saw in my journal I got back on a *real* program. I couldn't be happier, and that's all thanks to you, you know. You're my hero!
    I think very highly of your choice of programs and can't wait to do it myself one day. Unfortunately that day cannot be now as next Saturday begins our regular season practices so I will be running like crazy again.

Did an agility workout last night with teammates and will try to get in another lift tomorrow.

I think very highly of your choice of programs and can't wait to do it myself one day. Unfortunately that day cannot be now as next Saturday begins our regular season practices so I will be running like crazy again.

Did an agility workout last night with teammates and will try to get in another lift tomorrow.
    Vids and links to so we can watch every single minute of every single game, please.
    For what I don't know

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Hi Karla!

Hope football practice is going well for you! Give them hell!

Wishing you a fun, injury-free and victorious season!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Happy New Year Karla, hope you're off to a great start!!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Same here! Happy New Year!