Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WHOOOO HOOOO!! Made it to page two!!

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Sounds yummy but bananas make me so I can't...you know...*whispers*...poop.
    LOL! Dude, I'd have to eat them with a scoop of swiss criss or something. Bananas are da yummiest!! Do you have a log somewhere in this place?

Originally Posted by DanceDiva View Post
    So proud of you.
    Hamstrings are tricky buggers. You might want to foam roll hamstrings and adductors before doing the stretching if you're doing it when you first get up.
    You should see me. I regularly foam roll now as well as stretch. Morning, throughout the day and night. I am actually feeling better now than I have in a long while. I want to keep this up until I am 100%. There is simply no way in hell I am gonna make it through another football season if I am not 100% by training camp time.

Are you on a targeted weight range at the moment or did you have a "moment" when you saw the scale value?
    I am trying to maintain at 133-134ish. I want to be at 130 or so by training camp in Jan but do not want to lose anything so long as I am healing. So far so good. I dropped the water weight this morning and weighed in at nearly 133 on the nose. So definitely water bloat. Still not a bad thing to track for a little while. It keeps me more honest. I am actually probably under eating as opposed to over eating right now so need to keep a close eyeball on that.

I could get with this except I'd have to replace the chocolate whey with unflavored whey, cocoa, sugar. Sounds heavenly.
    That would totally work. You have to try this recipe. It is deslish!!

Oh yeah and a workout...

3 mile walk with the Sherman (my schnauzer) steep incline and declines

Workout from NROL B (Goal is to under reach... keep weights easy)

Deads (1x15x65, 1x15x95, 1x15x115)

Superset 1:
    step ups (2x15x20e)
    db military press standing (1x15x20, 1x15x15)

Superset 2:
    Lat pull down (1x15x50, 1x15x75)
    Reverse crunch (2x15xbw)

Notes:
    Wore my belt tonight as weight going over 100lb and am keeping a watch out for SI since that was my original injury last year. Noticed that I am fatter than I was last year when I could not buckle into last hole. LOL!
    Everything felt really, really good. The deads were easy and I cannot wait until I am pulling some real weight again. Possibly I will load up the big wheels next week for a set. (oh please say, "yes") Gotta play that by ear.
    Hamstring is talking to me a little bit today from the walk and workout. Tomorrow is a strict rest and rehab (foam roll, etc) day.

If all goes well then will do some agility type work on Friday!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    WHOOOO HOOOO!! Made it to page two!!

LOL! Dude, I'd have to eat them with a scoop of swiss criss or something. Bananas are da yummiest!! Do you have a log somewhere in this place?

!
    I do! I'd love your feedback, Karla!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126680493
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks great Karla, enjoy the weekend!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do! I'd love your feedback, Karla!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126680493
    Thanks for the link. I got it now.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Looks great Karla, enjoy the weekend!!
    Thanks Kim. Hope your weekend was great too. My weekend was awesome but a bit tiring. Another plane ride to CA to visit my baby girl in LA. It is a pretty nice flight and all but traveling always wears me out a bit.

Today I decided to move off break in and start the actual program. I am not physically 100% stable and I fly back to PA for my Father's remembrance and family gathering so I will not be mentally strong either. Still... I must be strong. Excuses are for the weak.

Workout NROL FL II:
    Phase - general fitness, transition
    Goal - under reach in weights not in effort

All rests = 75 seconds (weird time isn't it?)

Alternating set #1
    Squats - (15 reps) bw, 45, 65, 95
    Low cable row (2x50x15, 1x75x15)

Alternating set #2
    Supine hip thrust 3x15xbw
    db push press (1x15x15, 2x15x20)

Alternating set #3
    Rotating lunge (3x15xbw)
    Crunch (3x15xbw)

Added exercise per Bret Contreras = hip thrusters (2x20xb2)

Notes:
    Squats done without my belt and I could feel it on the SI area. Damn I hate this whole rehab business. I will wear belt and stay at 95 for this month

Hamstring injury did not talk at all to me tonight (yay for progress) Elbow feels better than it has forever but is still weak so proceeding with caution.

At a fitness Summit this spring I met this guy who calls himself the "glute guy" His presentation was absolutely amazing because he hooked himself up to this machine that measured what muscles were being used during different exercises. He went into that a bit and then went into a great detail on building the perfect ass. I contacted him last week because my Physical Therapist claims I have a sleepy butt and that is why my legs keep getting injured during stress. My ham strings are doing the work that my glutes are supposed to be doing. Bret told me to do these hip thruster things per his youtube video 2 times a week for 12 weeks to help my butt wake up. So those will be thrown in this program as well though I may move them to a rehab day if I cannot do the work during a normal workout day.

NROL FL1 workout number 2

All sets/reps (3x15) all rests (75)

Alternating set 1
    Deads: 1x15x45, 1x15x65, 1x15,95, 1x15x135*
    Incline db press: 1x15x15e, 1x15x20e, 1x15x30e

Alternating set 2
    bss: (each leg): 3x15x10e
    lat pulldown alt grip:2x15x50 and 2x15x75

Alternating set 3
    RDL: 3x15xbw*
    Swiss lateral twist: 3x15xbw

Additional glute work: 2x20xbw hip thrusters

Notes: Made the 135 on the deads with no issues except for grip. (Had to stop at 10 and get a different grip to finish out the set) It appears as though my grip is not quite where it used to be. I refuse to strap up for 135 so will stick this weight until I get grip strength for it. I'll strap up after that.
    Felt my hamstring pretty good by the RDLs so decided to stick to bw this week. I'll add weight as I am sure the ham is actually healed. Don't want to push too fast on this one. The unilateral work is killing me here. Def need to keep this up over the season. I am sooooo unbalanced and stabilizer muscles are gone to hell.

Am feeling pretty good about adding some running and agility work this weekend to my routine. Targeting tomorrow on the field. Will start super light.

Also am going to go hypocaloric again as I feel like the injuries no longer need to be fed. I am feeling really good. Goal is to hit about 130 lbs without losing a ton of strength in the next 2 or so months. I am around 134lbs right now. (Actually weighed in at 136 this morning but am bloated from a drinking frenzy this weekend)
    Last edited by kfisherx; 09-17-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Agility workout KICKED ASS!!

This is really exciting because with this workout I know that I am gonna come back stronger and faster than last season. I was blazing fast on all my sprints. Hamstring performed well and so did knee. I worked on technique and form and tried all the "standard" football agility stuff such as ladders, shuffle, back peddle, acceleration/deceleration drills, patterns, etc...

It all went way better than expected and is a big relief as I wasn't sure how I was gonna come back. I feel so much more confidence now.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pretty cool stuff. Welcome to the journals
    David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Pretty cool stuff. Welcome to the journals
    Hello and thank you for the nice welcome.

Just a quick note to say that I went to the veteran team tryouts and practice today. I promised I would not do anything physical and have myself on the IR list. I died a little bit inside watching my team do their thing but I lived. It felt good to hear the coaches yelling at us again. And my most favorite line was when the head D coached yelled, "The time is now!" "You guys are the veterans and I am counting on you to do it right..."

It sunk in then. I am no longer a rookie. Next week rookies start coming to the team and in Oct we get another batch.

The season has officially begun. On Oct 10th, I come off IR and join my team again.....

In the meanwhile, back to my rehab work and workouts. I got my Hampton Thick Pad in the mail and am gonna start loading up the hip thrusters this weekend.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It sunk in then. I am no longer a rookie.
    Nope, you're a veteran, with all the responsibilty of meeting what's expected of you.

I am confident you will not disappoint.
    For what I don't know

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nope, you're a veteran, with all the responsibilty of meeting what's expected of you.

X2!

She won't disappoint...it's not in her vocabulary...

X2!

She won't disappoint...it's not in her vocabulary...
    Ah shux guys.... I'm blushing. I am always so cautious about setting expectations around this sport. It is so brutal and I am really so old to be playing it. Every other person over 37 years of age is not coming back this year due to injury last year. Even some of the younger ones are not making it. If I can just get through one veteran year... Even if I do not, I have already proven that I am a badass. LOL!!! One of the younger women on the team yesterday said that when she grows up, she wants to be like me. I am sooo excited to begin this...

But until then it is back to rehab and workouts. The good news is that I am gaining strength each week and healing too. My tennis elbow is nearly 100% pain free!! My hamstring is pain free and my knee is almost pain free. My hamstrings are both tight still since my agility workout. I am hoping that tonights workout will help to make them less tight.

Workout NROL FL I:

All rests = 60 seconds

Alternating set #1
    Squats - (12 reps) bw, 45, 95x3
    Low cable row (12 reps) 25,50,75x2

Alternating set #2
    hip thrusts 3x15x45
    db push press (1x15x15e,3x20e)

Alternating set #3
    Rotating lunge (1x12xbw. 2x12x30)
    Crunch (3x15xbw)

Notes:
    Squats done with belt today and feeling pretty solid. Will stick this weight one more workout to make sure of proper depth with new form. Hip thrusters were easy with 45 and I expect weight to move quickly now. Unilateral work still kicks my ass.

Nutrition:
    Not sure if I am cutting or slightly bulking right now. I look hugely muscular due to the glycogen filling from starting to lift heavy things again. Weight is up to 135 but is most likely bloat. Not eating more than planned but feels like I am forcing down food. Probably will not find out for a few more weeks. I am fine with not losing weight if it comes down to it so long as I am healthy and am continuing to improve overall.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    The good news is that I am gaining strength each week and healing too.
    Way to kill it, Karla! Keep up the good work! Sounds like everything is coming together on schedule.

Enjoy your Tuesday!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Howdy neighbor!! I actually rocked this Tuesday. Hope you did the same...

Had an amazingly productive and busy day at the office followed by yet another workout in the PM. I am increasing a little in several lifts from my previous week so there is still progression happening. I have to admit that this workout was hard on me and I had to keep telling myself that quitting was for pussies so that I could get that last rep.....

NROL FL II (modified for some rehab)
    All reps 12 and rests at 60

Alternating set 1
    Deads: 1x12x45, 1x12x95, 1x12,135, 1x9x135* (B)
    Incline db press: 1x12x15e, 1x12x20e, 2x12x30e (B)

Alternating set 2
    bss: (each leg): 3x12x10e
    lat pull-down underhand grip:1x12x50 and 2x12x75

Alternating set 3
    RDL: 3x15x45* (B)
    Swiss lateral twist: 3x15xbw

DB Side raises 2x12x5e, 1x12x10e*

Additional glute work: 2x65xbw hip thrusters (B)

*Grip gave out again on 9 this time. Getting better but still not where it should be... It's okay am still refusing to strap for 135lbs.
    * Kept RDLs low as hamstring was squeaking a little at me
    * Kept db side raises light to accommodate tennis elbow. Fast up and temp = 4 down

Nutrition is spot on and I am definitely in deficit. I can feel the suck pretty hard during the day as I tend to save many of my cals for night as pre and post workout meals. Just had a choc/frozen banana smoothie so all is well with the world. Weight is up to 134.5lbs...

I had to keep telling myself that quitting was for pussies so that I could get that last rep.....

I tell myself the same thing!

Great thrusts! Those and Good Mornings are my new faves. The Year of the Rear.
    For what I don't know

Just got back from a week in PA to bury my Father and get my Mother moved in with my brother. It was a nice funeral and I got to spend the entire week with my two darling daughters. I cannot believe how cool they are.

I did nothing formal over the week (exercise wise) but did do a 7 mile hike with my daughter, climbed rocks and also did some football receiver drills. Somewhere along the way I managed to re-injur my hamstring. Am icing it today and taking Alieve in hopes of getting the swelling down.

Tonight I bagged the next NROL workout for hamstring rehab work, tennis elbow rehab work and foam rolling.....

Sigh... At least I am back at it.

Must be hard for your mom, it's nice that you are all there for here. Your daughters have to be cool if they're anything like mom...

How did you injure your hamm in the first place? Is this an ongoing injury or new?

Good move with the rehab work, feel better soon.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great Journal Karla!

I don't know if it's true or not but there are some GHR supporters who swear this exercise means never pulling a hamstring again. Hope yours recovers quickly.

Oh! And the glute guy! I've seen some of his stuff. I'm going to try a few exercises myself and see what they do for me.

I remember you losing your dad. I'm so very sorry. I hope your mom has friends and activities to keep her busy.

How did you injure your hamm in the first place? Is this an ongoing injury or new?

Good move with the rehab work, feel better soon.
    First time it was injured was about 5 years ago. High up (like this) at the insertion. Probably tendon as opposed to muscle. I am worried this one is tendon too. Other than that I am plagued by ongoing muscle belly injuries in hamstring or quad. (2 the past 4 years) Always left leg. My right glute apparently does not fire well. The rehab work I do is to activate and strengthen glutes and especially right side. My biggest concern here is that I do not really know when the injuries happen.. I have no sense of pain it seems compared to normal people. I did not realize (for example) that my finger was broken for 2 full weeks. If I am doing something like climbing or playing a game, I have virtually zero chance of feeling any pain whatsoever. On one hand it makes me fairly fearless. On the other hand it is very dangerous. I seriously get completely undressed after every game and look myself over head to toe (I do this for days actually) for some time to look for breaks or cuts or bruises that my head hasn't registered yet. This is why my rehab MUST be about under reaching and about being careful and why my weights are so light right now. I simply cannot feel it when I am over doing.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Great Journal Karla!

I don't know if it's true or not but there are some GHR supporters who swear this exercise means never pulling a hamstring again. Hope yours recovers quickly.

Oh! And the glute guy! I've seen some of his stuff. I'm going to try a few exercises myself and see what they do for me.

I remember you losing your dad. I'm so very sorry. I hope your mom has friends and activities to keep her busy.
    I am doing several glute and hamstring exercises in hopes to get rid of this issue. Bret swears in 12 weeks of adding in his hip thrusters that I should be a different person entirely. (crossing fingers and trying it as it certainly cannot hurt) It is really, really hard to get help on an issue such as this. First thing is you gotta find professionals that actually care. I am performing at a pretty high level and pushing for more and most will recommend that I just need to scale back. Truth is I am foundationally broken right now and can get more if I can rehab properly.

My Mom is gonna be just fine. I come from some pretty long lines of strong, independent women. Her Mother is 93 this year. She is firey as can be though we know she is near her end too. She has my brothers and sister near her as well as several hundred extended family members and friends. (Think "big fat Greek wedding" here)

First time it was injured was about 5 years ago. High up (like this) at the insertion. Probably tendon as opposed to muscle. I am worried this one is tendon too. Other than that I am plagued by ongoing muscle belly injuries in hamstring or quad. (2 the past 4 years) Always left leg. My right glute apparently does not fire well. The rehab work I do is to activate and strengthen glutes and especially right side. My biggest concern here is that I do not really know when the injuries happen.. I have no sense of pain it seems compared to normal people. I did not realize (for example) that my finger was broken for 2 full weeks. If I am doing something like climbing or playing a game, I have virtually zero chance of feeling any pain whatsoever. On one hand it makes me fairly fearless. On the other hand it is very dangerous. I seriously get completely undressed after every game and look myself over head to toe (I do this for days actually) for some time to look for breaks or cuts or bruises that my head hasn't registered yet. This is why my rehab MUST be about under reaching and about being careful and why my weights are so light right now. I simply cannot feel it when I am over doing.

)
    I have a pretty high tolerance for pain too. But not that high!
    For what I don't know

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain too. But not that high!
    It's really quite ridiculous and I never realized just how much different I was RE pain until just recently. Our trainer will not even look at me anymore when I go down on the football field. He sends me right away for xrays. When I came off the field my finger was swollen and hard to move so he looked at it but there wasn't pain. He tapped my finger and pulled on it and I told him it was fine and went back to play.... I played and did normal things and 2 weeks later (it looked funny) had it xrayed and there was a 30 degree break. The trainer got yelled at by the doctor. Whooops. The trainer actually said to me that I was a freak. He mentioned that broken fingers are some of the worst pain we humans have which is why the mafia uses it.

Workout this morning = I am coming back damn it. The combine/tryout is only 1 week away. I am freaking out a bit. I have been active with normal activity but haven't really been able to train hard these past 12 weeks. I think it is a bit ridiculous to have veteran tryouts only 12 weeks from end of season but such it is. I may not bring it like I can but I will bring whatever I got.

Am modifying the heck out of the NROL workouts.

Workout A: NROL FL I: (Modified for rehab, etc)
    (B) = better than last effort
    (PR) = personal best

All rests = 60 seconds

Warm up:
    Cable abductor pulls 3x15x10 each leg
    BW squats 2x7
    db push press 2x7x15

Alternating set #1
    Bench Squats - (12 reps) bw, 45, 65x2, 75x1 *
    Low cable row (12 reps) 25,57,77x2 (B)

Alternating set #2
    hip thrusts 3x15x95 (PR)
    db push press 1x12x15e,1x212x20e, 1x10x25e (PR)

Alternating set #3
    Rotating lunge 2x15xbw. 2x12x5 **
    Crunch 3x25xbw (B)

db raises emphasis on eccentric 3x15x3e
    Plyos = jump to platform (3x15) 60 sec rests

Notes:
    * Changed squats to bench squats. This keeps my form better and keeps me from possibly taking out my knee again from going too low. The bench is about 12 inch high so still fairly low.
    ** I actually did less weight with these than last time and worked on being solid in form and fluid in motion. I think that will ultimately serve me better

Pretty good comeback workout from the little family disruption thing. I am still a bit worried RE the hamstring but am icing it and taking meds and doing my rehab work religiously. When I do the hip thrusters and ab cable pulls and side lunges, it really does take the pressure off.

Having doubts today RE doing this season. Not sure why but confidence = blown right now...
    Last edited by kfisherx; 10-02-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Looks like a great comeback workout! Sorry you're having doubts about your season, but you've always done great. You've been dealing with this injury for a good deal of time and you handle and train around real well.

Do you think it has more to do with this being your last season and maybe you're feeling a little bummed out? This is your last season right?

Looks like a great comeback workout! Sorry you're having doubts about your season, but you've always done great. You've been dealing with this injury for a good deal of time and you handle and train around real well.

Do you think it has more to do with this being your last season and maybe you're feeling a little bummed out? This is your last season right?
    Hey Kim. Thanks for the thought provoking questions.... I have to say that I am not bummed really about this being my last season. And YES, it is for sure my last season. I have immense gratitude for the chance to play football but this game is so hard on the body and being on a pro-team is such a huge time commitment. It is fun but it leaves me completely drained in every way. I think it ultimately is not a great thing for my long term health and the risks of more serious injuries are pretty great. Bodybuilding makes me feel better mentally and physically and has few risks associated with it. I want to play one more year in football so that I get the Non-rookie experience and then I will go back to bodybuilding and I will be happy with that.

I am also having doubts about my ability to recover properly. I remember last year at football camp (in Vegas), there was a coach who told me he had to stop playing at 30 because he found he did not recover like he did when he was young.

It has been 12 weeks since our season ended and my hamstring and elbow are actually doing significantly better. But neither is 100% yet. I have never been more tempted to start GH than I am right now... But I promised myself I would do this natural and kick out this last season. I am an inspiration to so many people around here that if it got out I was doing steriods, it would be terrible.

A friend suggested that my hamstring did not get injured rather just got tight from the long airplane ride. I remember being in discomfort on the plane so perhaps she is right. Right now there is almost no sort of pain or tightness to it. I am being mega careful and am on Alieve so it may be just a trick but I am hoping she is right. That can heal much more quickly than an injury. I also realize that I picked up a bit of the flu that was going around and am down more for that I think than anything. I rarely ever get any sort of sick but am hacking a bit and have itchy throat so am suspicious.

So now am resting and sleeping and fighting to stay healthy.

Diet is spot on and weight is way up. No woosh for me this week.
    Last edited by kfisherx; 10-02-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Don't want to jinx anything but both elbow and ham feeling 100%. I know part of it is the meds but it does make sense that I should be pretty close to healed by now. 2 weeks ago I did agility drills and topped my last year's numbers. It had to have been the plane ride making me cramp up.

Spent the whole day resting and not moving even though I wanted to test out what I think I am feeling.

Spent the whole day making sure I got all my calories even though I wasn't hungry.

There is a light today at the end of the tunnel.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father.

Great to hear that your injuries are getting better, Karla. Stay strong, and keep working hard!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Thanks IC. Today I am a Warrior again! I think that I am finally recovered from the cross country trip and from whatever bug I had. (My coughing has virtually stopped) I felt strong as fuk tonight in the gym and had to remind myself to keep under reaching. My workouts are now more modified than ever and can hardly be called NROL anymore. What can I say? I feel that I am a better program designer than Cosgrove.

Workout B: NROL FL I: (Significantly Modified for rehab, etc)
    (PR) = personal best

Warmup: 3x6 (no rests alternating sets)
    Deads (45lb), db Incline press (15e), hip thrusters (45lb)
    Jump rope 25 reps

Alternating set 1
    Deads: 1x12x95, 2x12x135* (B)
    Incline db press: 1x12x20e, 1x12x25e, 1x12x30e

Alternating set 2
    bss: (each leg): 1x12xbw, 1x12x20, 1x12xbw**
    lat pull-down wide grip:1x12x60 and 1x12x70, 1x12,80***

Hip Thrusters:
    2x12x95, 1x12x110 (PR)

Superset with NO rests (4 times)
    Jump rope 25 reps
    bicycle 25 reps

Finisher = 100 jumps with jump rope

Notes: *Finally am able to do the deads without my grip giving out. 135 is deadly easy but am keeping it way down to protect the hams. **BSS were significantly more solid this week than last. Stabilizer muscles and core are starting to fire correctly. Weight was kept down to protect the ham and form and slow eccentrics were emphasized.*** Very poor form on this last one. My lat pulldown machine is so ridiculous. I swear I can pull 130 or on any real cable machine. Not mine.... weird. In any case, am going to back down next time and focus on form over the (B).

I have decided tonight that I will spend the money to do my home gym up right. I have worked out at home almost exclusively since putting this gym together and I honestly love it. There is something to be said for listening to your own music and working out in bare feet and underwear... All my equipment is from CL and I have a squat rack/bench combo but am going to invest in a proper power cage. Also I dropped my bb and put a hole in my flooring so am gonna fix that and put down some good rubber matting over the whole thing. I will also invest in another mirror or two.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Seems like everything is falling into place. Solid workout, good job on those Hip Thrusters! I did them once at my gym...More guys smiled at me that day then they have in over 20 yrs...LOL...

Home gyms are the coolest...wish I had the space!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Seems like everything is falling into place. Solid workout, good job on those Hip Thrusters! I did them once at my gym...More guys smiled at me that day then they have in over 20 yrs...LOL...

Home gyms are the coolest...wish I had the space!
    I don't think I have the balls to do them in a public gym. The hip thrusters are really doing a job on me. I feel my whole stride is different now. I am pushing more off from the front of my feet on each step and I can feel my ass engaging. I can also feel my ass all the time now. It is pretty sore (DOMS) from those blasted exercises. I am now doing 115lb without too much trouble. I started really slowly on these per Bret's instructions and am being careful to add weight slowly watching my form. I cannot wait to see what my sprint times are right now with this new stride.

I did some shopping today. I needed a couple of toys for my agility work and ended up buying a cloth ladder and some hurdles. Then I meandered back to the lifting equipment in the store and ended up buying a new squat rack. I have been meaning to replace mine for a few months now. The one I bought last year served me well when I was working out at home occasionally but now I am working out at home almost exclusively. My old rack is only mid width so it was always sort of a hassle to work around the narrow bars to lift and to do squats. Tonight I found a simple half rack that has safety bars,a pull up bar, dip bars and a TRX attachment. It was only 250 bucks and the last one there.... So I grabbed it. The real power racks on CL are all going for 500 bucks and they all seem to be huge with pulley attachments. I have a lat pull down bench already and it is important for me (as a single girl) to be able to move my equipment around when I want to. This piece of equipment does the trick. It disassembles really easily too if I wanted to completely put it away. It will prolly not work for any weights higher than 300-400 lbs but I am cool with that. On days I want to lift really super heavy I will probably go to the gym anyway as they have a leg press there.

So now I will have to figure out just exactly what to do with these new TRX thingies that I have.

Even though it is smallish, I still could not get the blasted thing in my sporty Volvo, so am taking the truck back to the store tomorrow and will take pics once it is in its new home. Looking forward to my workout tomorrow. Perhaps I will do some weird variations of the exercises on the TRX. ROTFLMAO

Welp... Gym is finally equipped with a proper oly size rack. I opted for this fairly cheaply made half rack mostly because it was so simple to take apart and reassemble. My doorway is pretty smallish and there is no way any sort of oly sized rack or half rack will fit without disassembly. I was able to unload it unassembled from my truck and put it in my gym in less than 15 minutes. This means I can take it outside or to football training, etc... It is pretty awesome but def a cheap rack so would not recommend it for everyone. Outside of the squat rack, there is the pullup and dip option which I tried and really liked. The system is designed so that you can just turn a couple of screws and push everything inwards to have a Power Tower with dips. I really like that. It has the suspension training stuff too, but I did not touch that and it also has a hook for a heavy bag. Perhaps one day I will get into that stuff.

For now it is just regular workouts...

Workout A: NROL FL I: (Modified for rehab, etc)
    Phase - general fitness
    (PR) = personal best

All rests = 60 seconds and reps are 12

Warm up: (2x6 with no rests)
    squats @45lbs
    low rows @ 50lbs
    db military press @15lbs e
    Jump rope x50 reps

Alternating set #1
    Bench Squats - (12 reps) 65, 85x2 (B)
    Low cable row (12 reps) 60,70.80 (B)

Alternating set #2
    hip thrusts (95X2, 115) (B) *
    db push press 20ex3 (B)

Alternating set #3
    Static lunge bw, 20, 25 (B)
    lower Russian twist 3x15xbw

Plank (4 min)

platform plyos (1x15)

Jump rope (2x100 reps with 1 min rest)

Hip thrusters are the same weights as last workout but new bench is higher than old platform so am performing them with a bit more lift. This workout felt off. I feel like I am run down a bit. Could be lack of sleep last night or the fact that I did a lot of lifting and NEAT getting the gym ready beforehand. It also took some time to adjust everything and to practice dumping the bar, etc on the new gear.

It ain't much, but it is all mine. My music, no shoes, no pants and nobody curling in my squat rack.

Last edited by kfisherx; 10-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.

That looks awesome! ^^^^ I would give up my gym membership in a minute if I could put in one of those.

I think hip thusts have been helping me too. I agree with you: doing certain new exercises definitely make you more "aware" of the muscle during everyday activities. I'm not quite up to the poundage you are yet, but I'll get there.
    For what I don't know

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cool setup!

I'd like to try those hip thrusts but I'm another who wouldn't be comfortable doing them in a public gym.