Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NuSenseChild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mike Tyson Training

i'm sure i read somewhere a long time ago, that Mike Tyson, had an oatmeal diet, where he just ate a lot of it basically.. but i cant find it anywhere.. maybe i dreamt it lol.. but anyways, whilst i was looking, i found some things, and have some questions..

www . youtube . com/watch?v=P8OzGTHlSRs&feature=player_embedded#!

in the video above, at 2:28-2:37, what exercise is he doing? and will that build neck muscles, or is it just for movement? [cus his head movement in the ring was crazy]

also, i seen this "training program" that he apparently did, on a few sites..

* 5 AM: 3 mile jog
    * 6 AM: Shower and back to bed
    * 10AM: Wake up and eat breakfast (oatmeal)
    * 12 PM: Ring work (10 rounds of sparring)
    * 2 PM: Eat (Steak or pasta)
    * 4 PM: 60 minutes on exercise bike
    * 5 PM: Exercise
    o 2000 sit ups with arms behind head (abdominals)
    o 600 bench dips (triceps)
    o 500 press/push-ups (chest)
    o 500 barbell shrugs (trapezius)
    * 7 PM: Eat (Steak or chicken) < with pasta on other sites
    * 8 PM: 30 minutes on exercise bike
    * 9 PM Watch television and bed time

now, im not sure how exact that is [probably not close].. but by eating 3 meals a day [what it says had, even though its missing fats], and doing that type of training.. could you get as big as Tyson? and i know thats kind of a silly question lol and i doubt it.. but whats the possibility you could build muscle from it and bulk up?

hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NuSenseChild View Post
    i'm sure i read somewhere a long time ago, that Mike Tyson, had an oatmeal diet, where he just ate a lot of it basically.. but i cant find it anywhere.. maybe i dreamt it lol.. but anyways, whilst i was looking, i found some things, and have some questions..

in the video above, at 2:28-2:37, what exercise is he doing? and will that build neck muscles, or is it just for movement? [cus his head movement in the ring was crazy]

now, im not sure how exact that is [probably not close].. but by eating 3 meals a day [what it says had, even though its missing fats], and doing that type of training.. could you get as big as Tyson? and i know thats kind of a silly question lol and i doubt it.. but whats the possibility you could build muscle from it and bulk up?
    id imagine thats just 1 day ...im sure there is days he would concentrate on a lot more weight-lifting cause you wudnt get to his size just doing that...then again maybe he didnt do a HUGE amount of weightlifting like genetically he was gifted,,,did u evee see him when he was 14?he was an animal,,,HUGE!

Originally Posted by hulkamnaia View Post
    id imagine thats just 1 day ...im sure there is days he would concentrate on a lot more weight-lifting cause you wudnt get to his size just doing that...then again maybe he didnt do a HUGE amount of weightlifting like genetically he was gifted,,,did u evee see him when he was 14?he was an animal,,,HUGE!
    yeah i was thinkin the same thing.. i seen an interview of him and he was 15.. he was huge then, didnt even look 15 at all

how about the neck exercise in the video?

hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkamnaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah i was thinkin the same thing.. i seen an interview of him and he was 15.. he was huge then, didnt even look 15 at all

how about the neck exercise in the video?
    i wudnt know specifically but by the looks of the movement id imagine it is more for flexability and mobility rather than to build muscle...

energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tyson's size was due mostly to genetics. teddy atlas first met him at the age of 12 and he was like just short of 200lbs then. as an early pro he had a 19" neck.

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Boxers by and large don't lift weights because it is felt it makes them slow- the old schoolers, who were leaps and bounds above today's fighters certainly felt this way.

thiocfaidh mo lá BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD's Avatar
    BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gatovolador View Post
    Boxers by and large don't lift weights because it is felt it makes them slow- the old schoolers, who were leaps and bounds above today's fighters certainly felt this way.
    i lol'd. just because some of the all time greats were back in the day, it doesn't mean your average champ in the 1970/80s or earlier was better than your average champ today

tyson didn't do much weightlifting - he was a naturally huge guy who was extremely well conditioned and had muscle from boxing, cycling and conditioning exercises. i remember reading he used to love the exercise bike and used to always try and beat his personal bests
    Current goal: 3 miles in 18.30

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD View Post
    i lol'd. just because some of the all time greats were back in the day, it doesn't mean your average champ in the 1970/80s or earlier was better than your average champ today

tyson didn't do much weightlifting - he was a naturally huge guy who was extremely well conditioned and had muscle from boxing, cycling and conditioning exercises. i remember reading he used to love the exercise bike and used to always try and beat his personal bests
    Sure, we have some good fighters in our era, but do you honestly believe any of the lighter guys would have anything on Leonard, Hagler, Duran or Hearns, not to mention guys from the 50s and earlier? There were so many more boxers in the US back then vs today, and it was a much bigger sport. Also, guys fought much more, and usually had much more solid amateur careers.

So, you have way more fighters, fighting more frequently, fighting longer fights, and more boxing gyms than today, and you have the fighters of today saying the guys back then were better (remember, being called a "throwback" is a huge compliment in this sport)....

thiocfaidh mo lá BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD's Avatar
    BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500) BOX_UP_YOUR_DAD is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sure, we have some good fighters in our era, but do you honestly believe any of the lighter guys would have anything on Leonard, Hagler, Duran or Hearns, not to mention guys from the 50s and earlier? There were so many more boxers in the US back then vs today, and it was a much bigger sport. Also, guys fought much more, and usually had much more solid amateur careers.

So, you have way more fighters, fighting more frequently, fighting longer fights, and more boxing gyms than today, and you have the fighters of today saying the guys back then were better (remember, being called a "throwback" is a huge compliment in this sport)....
    was gonna try to argue with that but to be fair you're probably right.

although I honestly believe you could make a welterweight all time "super 6" and throw Mayweather and Pacquiao into the mix with the golden 4 and they wouldn't be out of place. maybe not pacquiao though
    Current goal: 3 miles in 18.30

Jankrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The neck exercise on that video is to build neck strength, this means when he gets hit in the face, the head is less likely to be jolted backwards - and therefore less likely for a point to be scored. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Originally Posted by Jankrow View Post
    The neck exercise on that video is to build neck strength, this means when he gets hit in the face, the head is less likely to be jolted backwards - and therefore less likely for a point to be scored. I wouldn't recommend it though.
    okay, thanks... i know he had a biiig neck, thats why he was hard to knock down

okay, thanks... i know he had a biiig neck, thats why he was hard to knock down
    Not really, your chin/durability is more of a god-given trait (like power) than anything else. You can and should strengthen your neck to take the force of blows and to not get sore during the duration of a match, but ultimately a guy like Mike or Foreman or Ali just happens to have gotten really lucky in the genetic lottery in terms of chin.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    mike tyson lifted weights on a regular basis!!!

the comment above about boxers dont lift weights is ridiculous! resistance exercises are done by every elite athlete period!

weight lifting slowing you down is what was thought by idiots. weight lifting was getting very popular by boxers in the early 80's and it showed in the look and performance of the boxers!

just look at the movies "rocky", if you notice he was only running and boxing in the first one but then it slowly started to change as the next movies came out, rocky was starting to do some hard core weight lifting!

mike tyson most definitely lifted weights! dont believe all you hear on training of athletes, GSP said he never does weight training yet there is 100's of videos on-line showing his workouts WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!!!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tyson didn't start training with weights until he got out of prison. His only reason for doing it then was while in jail he dropped to 190 pounds. I know a guy that was in his camp for years.

mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrdiets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tyson in his early days did mostly body weight exercises such as pushups, situps, dips. He said the only thing he actually used weights for was shrugs. He was watching Frank Bruno fight talking about this with the commentary team during a certain fight in 1988 or 89. It wasn't until prison when Tyson really begin to shift his training to lifting weights.

Originally Posted by txapn View Post
    mike tyson lifted weights on a regular basis!!!

the comment above about boxers dont lift weights is ridiculous! resistance exercises are done by every elite athlete period!

weight lifting slowing you down is what was thought by idiots. weight lifting was getting very popular by boxers in the early 80's and it showed in the look and performance of the boxers!

just look at the movies "rocky", if you notice he was only running and boxing in the first one but then it slowly started to change as the next movies came out, rocky was starting to do some hard core weight lifting!

mike tyson most definitely lifted weights! dont believe all you hear on training of athletes, GSP said he never does weight training yet there is 100's of videos on-line showing his workouts WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!!!
    Really? Did Sugar Ray Robinson lift? Did Ali lift? Did Joe Louis lift? Did Charley Burley lift? How about Marcel Cerdan or Archie Moore? What about Foreman or Frazier?

Fighters back then were far better- they fought more, they fought longer fights, they were allowed to grapple more and there were far more fighters and knowledgeable trainers.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Really? Did Sugar Ray Robinson lift? Did Ali lift? Did Joe Louis lift? Did Charley Burley lift? How about Marcel Cerdan or Archie Moore? What about Foreman or Frazier?

Fighters back then were far better- they fought more, they fought longer fights, they were allowed to grapple more and there were far more fighters and knowledgeable trainers.
    what is ur post supposed to mean?
    non of those guys were elite boxers in the 80's, when i clearly said lifting weights started to become used by boxers!!

?= i think (very close to exact time line)
    Sugar Ray= retired in 1965
    Ali= retired in 1982 ish? but was pretty much done by 78
    louis=retired in 1950's?
    Charley Burley= retired in 1950's?
    Marcel Cerdan=died in 1950 or 51?
    Foreman=retired in 1977? came back in the late 80's and was horrible out of shape!!!!!

those guys were great boxers but fought athletes that trained like they did!! if they were to train like they did back then and fight a boxer that train like today they would get the sh*t kicked out of them!

im not saying they were no good! but athletes now days are better at every sport bc of the way science and training has evolved

this argument is the same basketball players try to use! "the pros dont lift weights!" and thats BS!!! TODAY IF YOU WANT TO BE AN ELITE BOXER YOU BETTER LIFT WEIGHTS AT SOME POINT!!!!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

Vieques state of mind jmsilva22's Avatar
    jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    regardless of his training or diet, all I can say is that Mike Tyson was/is the best and most feared heavyweight of this generation. just his training regimen alone is enough to give anybody nightmares. at the 2min mark of that video his shadow boxing is just plain scary...

motherofgod.jpg

The shawma of manlets Manletbolic's Avatar
    Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

he had the genetics. genetics play a big big role. he's definately a gifted athlete with an amazing physique

there are plenty of doodes out there that barely eat at all, or eat 3 times a day, train whatever and grow.
    The coming of the Manlet saviour

Wants a pair of chuck norris jeans crew

what is ur post supposed to mean?
    non of those guys were elite boxers in the 80's, when i clearly said lifting weights started to become used by boxers!!

?= i think (very close to exact time line)
    Sugar Ray= retired in 1965
    Ali= retired in 1982 ish? but was pretty much done by 78
    louis=retired in 1950's?
    Charley Burley= retired in 1950's?
    Marcel Cerdan=died in 1950 or 51?
    Foreman=retired in 1977? came back in the late 80's and was horrible out of shape!!!!!

those guys were great boxers but fought athletes that trained like they did!! if they were to train like they did back then and fight a boxer that train like today they would get the sh*t kicked out of them!

im not saying they were no good! but athletes now days are better at every sport bc of the way science and training has evolved

this argument is the same basketball players try to use! "the pros dont lift weights!" and thats BS!!! TODAY IF YOU WANT TO BE AN ELITE BOXER YOU BETTER LIFT WEIGHTS AT SOME POINT!!!!
    Oh all I'm saying is that while the 80s boxers were better than todays, the guys in the 50s were a big step up from there. Heavy weight lifting has done absolutely nothing for fighters- despite modern sports 'medicine', lifting and everything else, modern fighters are many steps below their predecessors. That's not to say the best of the current crop suck- guys like Pacman and Hopkins and Floyd and Toney (the lighter version) would do well in any era thanks to their skills, but even then they'd have trouble. Take Hopkins and Floyd- their punch output is simply too low to compete with guys who have equal or better skills- you can't win rounds like that. And this is assuming a younger Floyd that doesn't need to have Xylocaine injected into his hands every fight (too damaged/painful to punch otherwise).

Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post
    regardless of his training or diet, all I can say is that Mike Tyson was/is the best and most feared heavyweight of this generation. just his training regimen alone is enough to give anybody nightmares. at the 2min mark of that video his shadow boxing is just plain scary...

motherofgod.jpg
    Do you honestly believe that? What about Lennox (whom Tyson avoided like the plague)? What about Riddick Bowe? ****, what about the Klits (if they are included in 'this generation')? Tyson was never able to fight through adversity even with his impressive physique and boxing skills. ****, a 200 year old George Foreman would have whooped that ass, though to be fair any version of Big George beats any version of Mike- he destroyed Frazier, who had a similar style, but was tougher and had way more heart. Mike, a student of boxing if their ever was one, was acutely aware of this and he even said was afraid of Big George.

jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmsilva22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bro I respect your opinion, but I stand 150% by my statements. In his later years as a boxer Tyson just got caught up by his own demons and behavior outside the ring, along with the money, women, betrayals, don king, not having D'Amato, etc. If not he wouldn't had fell off like he did. Tyson fought many other big and hard punchers like Lennox before and dropped them like nothing.

Btw, Tyson in his prime could fight both Klitschko's at the same time and knock them out in the 1st round. (srs)

To compare the robotic and boring Klitschko's with a BEAST like Tyson in any way is just a sacrilege. Come on man....

Oh all I'm saying is that while the 80s boxers were better than todays, the guys in the 50s were a big step up from there. Heavy weight lifting has done absolutely nothing for fighters- despite modern sports 'medicine', lifting and everything else, modern fighters are many steps below their predecessors.
    iv got to disagree with ya on this in EVERY SPORT (including boxing) the athletes today are far better than the past!!! the science behind strength and conditioning has grown so much since the 50's and the athletes today have benefited from it, and in such a way i firmly believe even the great ALI wouldnt be able to hang with the boxers of today!

look around and in EVERY SINGLE SPORT athletes are bigger faster and stronger than the past athletes!! im not talking about tuffness bc we all know sports back then were regulated under different rules that made it harder. but on a pure athletic scale there is not one boxer pre 80's that could compete with the boxers today!

im not descaling how great these boxers are bc the fact is they were beyond great! but we cant compare athletes of the past with todays, its not fair!
    what makes athletes great (in this example boxers) is being the best of ur ERA, bc that ERA has the same technology, rules, and training concepts!

the only reason boxers of today are seen as such a lesser competitor is bc of the weak set up of boxing in a whole! nobody fights anyone today. there are like 5 champs now, back then there were very few champs and to be one you had to fight a great fighter now all the great fighters are spread out and never fight each other...

you all have great points, but in my case i'm just referring to Tyson compared to other heavyweights of the past decade and the current ones. the man was on a league of his own specially when considering the way he was raised. from all that he became a true BEAST in the ring who just had too much drama in his life plus his own wrong doings. There is nobody like him and by the way things look now nobody will ever be. All heavyweights now are jokes.

TAC602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tyson eeks out a spot on my top 10 heavyweights. If h2h is included, I give him a much more favorable ranking due to his freakish combination of power and hand speed, vicious combos and good defense.

He does have a helluva argument for Athlete of the Iconic 1980s. In terms of success, dominance, popularity, he was ever bit in the same class as Joe Montana, Wayne Gretzky, Magic & Bird, Lawrence Taylor, et al. Unfortunately, his career went off the rails before he could complete his legacy. Looking at his 80s resume: 37-0, 33 KOs, youngest HW champion of all-time, 9 title defenses, became undisputed champ (WBC/WBA/IBF) and unified the fragmented titles.

Tyson was actually considered the No. 1 p4p fighter in the world for the inaugural 1989 rankings. Most would undoubtedly say he was even better in 1986-88.
    Last edited by TAC602; 11-03-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Glupo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jankrow View Post
    Doing Muay Thai/Kickboxing myself and everyone is scared of the day where we have to practice the muah thay clinch on eachother, my neck was fecking sore for 3 days the last time we did that X.x

so ye, if you aint into a sport wich requires you to do it i strongly recommend it aswell :d
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."

"For myself, I am an pessimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else."

"There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true."

-Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill-

comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zabs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Makes his neck muscles stronger

edit: other people already answered so continue onward!

jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jorairdan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    mike tyson is not human. he truly is cut from a different cloth. the clips of him shadow boxing simply do not make sense--he looks like a ronnie coleman, and moves like a manny pacquiao.
    there's a 99.9% chance that I can jump higher than you.

BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigTwoThree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think a lot of boxers/fighters are starting to lift weights and think they did back in the day as well. Maybe back when they didn't as much/at all they had better technique. But now it's evolved and it's not all about technique because with a certain amount of technique you can win a fight because yor stronger(more mma general then boxing) just like if the two fighters are even strength wise technique wins. Or again opposite way as well. It's been proven a long time ago lifting doesn't make you slower, and that it can increase speed and power. These days I really don't think you can be successful without lifting. Even with genetics.
    Tyson was a beast but in sure he worked his ass off to be that way. I know everyone says genetics. But really you need to do something with those genetics. You need to work your ass off still.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149299153 Strongman journal

Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattman1217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There were better American fighters then, because there were more boxing gyms then.
    Strength helps in everything. If ali had less muscle mass then he already had , he would have been the light heavyweight champ most likely, but at 175 he would not have been STRONG ENOUGH to beat foreman to regain the title.
    Ali was 210-215 though, and was strong enough.
    While not thought of as the main component, strength has an important role in boxing.