ty69mustang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best ratio of protein/carbs/protein to lose fat and build muscle

hey, i am stuck at 9% body fat and most of it seems to be on my stomach. i am trying to cut as much as possible but keep my muscle and slowly build muscle. does anyone know a good ratio of protein/carbs/fat i should do? or does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to help achieve my goal. thank you for your time?

Registered User MonsterintheMaking's Avatar
    MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ty69mustang View Post
    hey, i am stuck at 9% body fat and most of it seems to be on my stomach. i am trying to cut as much as possible but keep my muscle and slowly build muscle. does anyone know a good ratio of protein/carbs/fat i should do? or does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to help achieve my goal. thank you for your time?
    You ever try carb cycling man? If you're at 9% now I'm sure you've dabbled with going really low carb. By cycling between hi, low, and no carb days you'll get the benefit of cutting, while not feeling weak and deflated in the gym.

Originally Posted by MonsterintheMaking View Post
    You ever try carb cycling man? If you're at 9% now I'm sure you've dabbled with going really low carb. By cycling between hi, low, and no carb days you'll get the benefit of cutting, while not feeling weak and deflated in the gym.
    ya i have done really low carb before for over a month and it was like under 50g of carbs a day with one cheat day. i ended up losing a lot of muscle. what would a good cycle be do you think? like what numbers of everything each day of the week? im 5'10" 175 right now.

Registered User MonsterintheMaking's Avatar
    MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ty69mustang View Post
    ya i have done really low carb before for over a month and it was like under 50g of carbs a day with one cheat day. i ended up losing a lot of muscle. what would a good cycle be do you think? like what numbers of everything each day of the week? im 5'10" 175 right now.
    Yea man I hear ya- I did the same thing when I was 16, except i had a ton of fat to lose at the time so I thought nothing of it. If i lifted back then I can only imagine how crappy I would've felt.

What worked for me while I was cutting was constantly hitting 250g of protein a day no matter what, and either 200, 100, 50g of carbs. i kept my fats at a solid 90g a day. I worked it so that days when I'd squat or deadlift I'd eat 50g of carbs with 4 of my meals, the others just being the standard 15 fat and 42 protein. Other lifting days I'd go 50g with breakfast and postworkout. Finally, on rest days I'd eat my 50g with breakfast and thats it. Gave me energy when I needed it, never made me bloat, and helped shed the final few pounds I wanted.

Yea man I hear ya- I did the same thing when I was 16, except i had a ton of fat to lose at the time so I thought nothing of it. If i lifted back then I can only imagine how crappy I would've felt.

What worked for me while I was cutting was constantly hitting 250g of protein a day no matter what, and either 200, 100, 50g of carbs. i kept my fats at a solid 90g a day. I worked it so that days when I'd squat or deadlift I'd eat 50g of carbs with 4 of my meals, the others just being the standard 15 fat and 42 protein. Other lifting days I'd go 50g with breakfast and postworkout. Finally, on rest days I'd eat my 50g with breakfast and thats it. Gave me energy when I needed it, never made me bloat, and helped shed the final few pounds I wanted.
    alright man thanks for the advice. i appreciate it

NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) NZHighRolla will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What he said and if you are really worried about loosing muscle mass look up natural ways to boost free testosterone levels like a zinc supp or something

so if im trying to cut and build muscle at the same time how much should i drop my calories from maintenience? or should i just eat the same, lift HEAVY and do a little more cardio?

forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cut and build muscle at the same time is generally considered impossible.

are you using any.. help?

Originally Posted by forcasa View Post
    cut and build muscle at the same time is generally considered impossible.

are you using any.. help?
    this actually isn't impossible. its just a slow process. you cant get a lot bigger while cutting but you can gain muscle while losing fat.