Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't cut his calories too low to begin with, but just have him building up his cardiovascular!

Also, someone that size will have huge gains to begin with, so when his gains, or "losses" in this case begin to not be as significant, make sure he knows this is normal and he needs to just work through it.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zoso7982 View Post
    I am definitely no trainer and can respect your question from personal experience. I think your client should see ALOT more weight loss than the typical 2 lbs/wk if he's dieting and training correctly for the first few months without the typical concern with muscle retention. That'll be an adjustment later in his journey.
    THIS.
    I lost 15lbs my first month and i was just dieting right no exercise. And I have a similar build to the client so expect massive loss of fat the first month or two.
    My guitar gear is better than yours

boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please whatever you do don't make him do high impact cardio, the problems he will have with his knees and shins will but a downer on him a lot.

WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) WritteninRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by boultwood View Post
    Please whatever you do don't make him do high impact cardio, the problems he will have with his knees and shins will but a downer on him a lot.
    this is also true, don't make him run or jog too hard or too much. All of his weight will be pounding on his knee and ankle joints, best get him on an eliptical or a stationary bike (i prefer the bike personally)
    My guitar gear is better than yours

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you have time browse my log, if the guy needs motivation show him my thread. I was the most complete fat sedentary ass for the first 33yrs of my life. Now I NEVER miss the gym, 4-5 sometimes 6 days a week

I have done this and more, I was at least 400lbs (thought I was only 375 but was wrong) when I started 1.5-2yrs ago, lost 90lbs the first 50 weeks. Strength training, lift heavy, etc, cardio after weights.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=111818401

HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome advice, everyone. I've repped as many as I could, and will for sure do the rest on re-charge! I'll keep in touch!

Any more advice is greatly appreiciated!
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars; glory lasts forever.

FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh yah, high impact cardios will harm him in the long way

I use the rowing machine for half of my cardio workout

It puts very little pressure on my knees (I had 2 surgeries on my right knee) and the surgeon and physiotherapist made sure I wouldnt jump on a treadmill and run my ass like when I was 210lbs

As long as he learns the right form and technique to use the rowing machine he can get one hell of a kick ass workout out of it - I suggest YouTube for that - Thats where I learned how to use it from a Team Canada rower

oh and check out this guy
    He went from 462lbs to 350lbs in like 120 days and is going for even more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YucNwxnLwR8
    - Biracial Angel Crew
    - Sleep Naked Crew
    - [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    - Big Beautiful Bus Crew
    - Negging fellow Vancouverite on sight crew
    - Gained 130lbs+ crew
    - Have a lot of baby fat crew

Start Weight: 376.8 - Current Weight 314.0 - Goal Weight 180.0

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't push him into anything serious or out of the ordinary (i.e. IF'ing, keto etc).

I've found that with my extremely overweight clients, just a slight diet change can really bring on some progress. Being a bigger guy as well, he may be able to lift fairly heavy weights. With my big guys, I usually focus them on heavy intense weight routines with minimal cardio (just a bit for their heart health) until they lose a considerable amount of weight. I find this tends to make them enjoy exercising more, as they feel so powerful and in control, see weekly strength increases and also have to waste minimal time stuck on a treadmill.

Just keep his interest IMO.