Thread: Dead lift

JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dead lift

While inbetween breaks of my deadlifts my lower back was a little soar but now sitting at the computer about 1and half hours later my lower back is fine with no pain

Is this normal?
    JonEboy's Project lose an Olsen twin http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137020023&p=730337353#post730337353

clm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clm5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well ya its normal for your lower back to be a little sore or tighten up between sets.... but if you feel like youre putting too much pressure on your lower back then try sumo dead lift.

stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do u do any kind of warming up/stretching before the lift? if I am exceptionally cold, stiff, sore, etc I will do a lot of active stretching or very light/ high reps to get my muscles warmed up.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happens to me during deads and some heavy squats too. immediately following the deadlift, my lower back feels tightened. Not exactly "pumped", but it's not painful. It fades within 30-45s.

JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonEboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    Happens to me during deads and some heavy squats too. immediately following the deadlift, my lower back feels tightened. Not exactly "pumped", but it's not painful. It fades within 30-45s.
    Yeah it kinda feels like half pump half discomfort but not bad at all

Originally Posted by stealthmoe View Post
    do u do any kind of warming up/stretching before the lift? if I am exceptionally cold, stiff, sore, etc I will do a lot of active stretching or very light/ high reps to get my muscles warmed up.
    to some stretches and 2 warm up sets before the work sets

Originally Posted by clm5 View Post
    Well ya its normal for your lower back to be a little sore or tighten up between sets.... but if you feel like youre putting too much pressure on your lower back then try sumo dead lift.
    is the only difference the wider base?
    JonEboy's Project lose an Olsen twin http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137020023&p=730337353#post730337353

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should do some kind of warmup like jogging or dynamic stretching before lifting.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Registered User Cody_Buchenauer's Avatar
    Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cody_Buchenauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is normal what you're feeling when you're performing the lifts. As long as you're keeping a lumbar curve in your back throughout the movement, you should be fine!

I like to distinguish the difference between a muscle pain and a muscle soreness. Muscle soreness is how you feel after a tough workout, or in the case of deadlifts sometimes, a heavy set. If you feel extreme discomfort, like a sharp pain.. Than it's time to visit therapy. haha.

Sumo deadlifts are as you said, just a much wider base with your toes pointed outward and gripping the bar inside of your legs.

Washed up skateboarder.. CalebRM's Avatar
    CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JonEboy View Post
    While inbetween breaks of my deadlifts my lower back was a little soar but now sitting at the computer about 1and half hours later my lower back is fine with no pain

Is this normal?
    Yes it's normal. I did deadlifts and squats today and had a burning in my lower back, feels like my muscles tho.

I've also had a history of back spasms and I have compressed disks and since ive been doing squats/deadlifts and building it up the pain and problems have actually faded away almost completely. My doctor even advised working my back and abs.

Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    You should do some kind of warmup like jogging or dynamic stretching before lifting.
    Stretching before lifting? hmmmm
    6'2

Quit working legs 11/1/2014

bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10) bedarjeep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its normal, don't worry