Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Today has been another day that proved to be more chaotic than I had wanted. Hit the dungeon this morning, but only have just now found the time to sit down and commit it to this journal.

I'm still slightly feeling the impact of the last few days and I've got a session with my trainer set for tomorrow morning. That said, slightly sore and unsure what tomorrow morning holds in store, today's session, albeit abbreviated due to an appointment in the morning, consisted of:

Jog to the gym followed by 1/4 mile on treadmill as warm-up. Treadmill set at 3.5mph, 2% incline.

Leg Press:
    5 x 360lbs (x4)
    5 x 450lbs (x2)
    crunches in between sets (10 x 6)

V-Squat:
    5 x 230lbs (x4)

Bicep Curls:
    10 x 100lbs (x3)

Pect Fly:
    10 x 100 (x3)

Seated High Rows:
    5 x 80lbs (x5)

Lat Raises:
    7 x 90lbs (x3)

Closed session with 3 minutes on heavy bag and then 1/2 mile on ellipitcal. Then walked home.
    Hey now...you got a lot of work in today. Great job! I like the adding in of the bag, and eliptical. Do you like the eliptical? I used it when I had plantar fasciitis, and couldn't run...but I'm not a fan of it. lol

You should change the title of your journal...way too many positive things happening in here for this place to be a dungeon!

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Hey now...you got a lot of work in today. Great job! I like the adding in of the bag, and eliptical. Do you like the eliptical? I used it when I had plantar fasciitis, and couldn't run...but I'm not a fan of it. lol

You should change the title of your journal...way too many positive things happening in here for this place to be a dungeon!
    Thanks WEG. I usually close each session with some heavy bag work and, often, with some time with a speed rope.

Thanks for the kind words and support!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks WEG. I usually close each session with some heavy bag work and, often, with some time with a speed rope.

Thanks for the kind words and support!
    what is a speed rope? I'm learning new terms tonight. In Karate Lift's journal...''ab stack.'' Now here...speed rope.

What is that?

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what is a speed rope? I'm learning new terms tonight. In Karate Lift's journal...''ab stack.'' Now here...speed rope.

What is that?
    It's a jump rope...only faster.

And, to answer your earlier question, the elliptical is....tolerable.

It's a jump rope...only faster.

And, to answer your earlier question, the elliptical is....tolerable.
    haha that's a good word for it...tolerable. it annoys me, the eliptical. not sure why.

jump rope but faster...ah, i see. i find jumping rope merely tolerable too. Not a fan of jumping rope. But, great for a workout. Do you feel like Rocky?

haha that's a good word for it...tolerable. it annoys me, the eliptical. not sure why.

jump rope but faster...ah, i see. i find jumping rope merely tolerable too. Not a fan of jumping rope. But, great for a workout. Do you feel like Rocky?
    I'm a Golden Gloves boxer of well over....well, let's just say a very, very long time. Jump ropes are old hat for me, but something I've neglected for a while. That said, it's an excellent PT tool...as is the heavy bag.

I'm a Golden Gloves boxer of well over....well, let's just say a very, very long time. Jump ropes are old hat for me, but something I've neglected for a while. That said, it's an excellent PT tool...as is the heavy bag.
    oh a boxer? I have read a boxing workout is the toughest. Glad to see you incorporating a lot of things in here.

I'm older than you, by the way...so your ''very very long time'' can't be that long.

Have a good night, FIM.

oh a boxer? I have read a boxing workout is the toughest. Glad to see you incorporating a lot of things in here.

I'm older than you, by the way...so your ''very very long time'' can't be that long.

Have a good night, FIM.
    In the realm of boxing, it's like dog years...we boxers age prematurely.

You too WEG.

Just back from the dungeon and a session with my trainer. Upper body blast today. Bench press (close and wide grips), standing barbell rows (close and wide grip), barbell curls (close and wide grip), dumbbell tricep extensions, hammer curls, hammer curl to press, dumbbell bicep curls, dumbbell rows (facing down), curved-bar bicep curls, rope/machine bicep curls, pull downs (close and wide grip), incline press, decline press, incline reverse curls (dumbbells) and good old-fashioned push-ups (along with some plyometric pushups).

I am already feeling it. Left the dungeon, walked home, feeling that continuous slow burn, from my traps, seemingly all the way down to my wrist. Lol. Back feeling it too. Cold shower didn't even phase it. That said....LOVING IT!

A great session today.
    Last edited by FlaIronMind; 09-10-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am already feeling it. Left the dungeon, walked home, feeling that continuous slow burn, from my traps, seemingly all the way down to my wrist. Lol. Back feeling it too. Cold shower didn't even phase it. That said....LOVING IT!

A great session today.
    Sounds like a good one...carry on, soldier!
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Great session today. Enjoy the burn.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Sounds like a good one...carry on, soldier!
    That's Marine, but thank you sir!

Originally Posted by IronAvalanche View Post
    Great session today. Enjoy the burn.
    Thanks IA!

Just got back from an oustanding deep-tissue massage. Tamed the burn from earlier today down to a simmer.

Feeling excellent!

This evening turned out to be a beautiful one here on South Beach. So the wife and I grabbed our bikes and headed out for an evening ride. Awesome. Did a total of a little over 5 miles round trip. A great end to an outstanding Friday.

The numbers for today:

Total caloric intake = 1,382

Macros:
    Protein = 130g.
    Carbs = 133g. (bulk from sports & protein drinks, then wheat toast (2 slices), milk & veggies)
    Fat = 40g.

Just got back from the dungeon. After yesterday's upper body blast, decided to do a little cardio and then do some lower body work.

Cardio - 1 mile @ 3.5 mph and a 1.5% incline.

Seated Calf Extensions:
    10 x 130lbs (x2)
    10 x 140lbs (x2)

Hack Press (Calves):
    10 x 180lbs (x3)
    10 x 270lbs (x2)

Hack Press (Regular):
    10 x 270lbs (x3)

V-Squat:
    10 x 310lbs (x2)
    10 x 315lbs (x1)
    10 x 350lbs (x2)

Leg Press:
    5 x 360lbs (x5) (crunches in between sets 10 x 5 sets)

Jogged home.

Also just got off scale. New weight = 252.6. Last week was 254.8. Down 2.2lbs.

Feeling great.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the weight loss.

What is a V-Squat?

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss.

What is a V-Squat?

-=FLEX=-
    Thanks Flex.

It's a machine squat, similar to a hack press machine, only with the weight in front (on this machine anyway) and with shoulder/back pads. Unlike the hack press, the movement is more squat like, rather than up/backwards (as with the hack).

http://www.pfcfitnessequipment.com/v....aspx?pid=1471

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's Marine, but thank you sir!
    My mistake!

Thanks Flex.

It's a machine squat, similar to a hack press machine, only with the weight in front (on this machine anyway) and with shoulder/back pads. Unlike the hack press, the movement is more squat like, rather than up/backwards (as with the hack).

http://www.pfcfitnessequipment.com/v....aspx?pid=1471
    Yeah, we have a plate-loaded machine like that at Gold's Gym - it's a good machine...

Yeah, Penn State's just about as bad as Auburn. Auburn can't figure out if they're the "Tigers," a bunch of War Eagles or a bunch of Plainsmen. Poor confused folks. On the other hand, leave it to Penn State to call themselves "Nittany Lions" and have a stadium named after a water-dwelling rodent.

Been along time since those Bear Bryant v. Paterno days. And, if my increasingly foggy memory serves me correctly, I think each time Bear and Paterno met, Patero ended up a whooped pup.

Bear Bryant was a near god in my household growing up, and rightly so. Well maybe third place to (1) our Lord and Saviour and (2) Chesty Pulller. Actually, he'd be tied third place with Billy Graham.

But I digress.

Your Nitty-Nannies are gonna be sent back to Quaker country with their tails 'tween their legs.

Edited to add -

Ok, ok...maybe not "Quaker Country."

Carpetbagger fits a lil' better....lol.
    What was it you were sayin' again about me "eating" my words?!....yeah, that's what I thought.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Hate to say I told ya' so, but....

I told ya so.

Numbers for today:

Total caloric intake = 1,652

Macros:
    Protein = 114g.
    Carbs = 219g. (bulk from oatmeal, whole wheat sub, whole wheat pasta, sports drink)
    Fat = 44.5g

Just back from the dungeon. Did not feel like heading there this morning, truly. My wife is a little under the weather and, as a result, neither of us got much sleep last night. I was up at 0600 and, after a cup of coffee and whole wheat muffin with some Canadian bacon and a sprinkle of cheese, I started to feel a little better. Quick cold shower and I was dressed in PT gear and heading out the door.

Today's session:

Bench Press:
    7 x 115lbs (x7) (wide grip)
    7 x 115lbs (x7) (close grip)

Bent-Over Barbell Rows:
    10 x 70lbs (x7) (wide grip)
    10 x 70lbs (x7) (close grip)

Hammer Curls:
    10 x 30lbs (x7)

Standing Bicep Curls (Curved Bar):
    7 x 60lbs (x7) (wide grip)
    10 x 50lbs (x5) (close grip)
    10 x 40lbs (x2) (close grip)

Closed with a little cardio (1/2 mile divided between elliptical and treadmill).

Feeling good.

IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good work, I have some of my best workouts when I don't feel like doing it. Don't know why just happens that way.

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

Originally Posted by IronAvalanche View Post
    Good work, I have some of my best workouts when I don't feel like doing it. Don't know why just happens that way.
    Thanks IA. Yeah, that's often been the case with me. Of course, I am of the mindset that if I'm going to be doing something, I'm not gonna do it half-assed and will give it all I got.

The numbers for today:

Total caloric intake = 1,764

Macros:
    Protein = 132g
    Carbs = 214g (bulk from fruits, 1 sports drink, 1 protein shake (post PT) and whole wheat English muffin)
    Fat = 47.6g (largest amounts came from serving of pistachios and protein shake)

Just back from the dungeon. Another action-packed, thrilling day of cardio.

Treadmill. 3.0 miles today. Incline ranged between 1.0% all the way to 15.0%. Speed ranged from 3.0 mph to 7.2 mph. Average heart rate, though the machine was acting up in this regard, was 172. Probably a bit lower than that because there were times the machine was giving me readings that, if true, no human could survive...."cybernetic organisms," maybe, but humans, no. So, the average heart rate was probably closer to the 160 range.

After all said and done though, feeling good and accomplished what I set out to do this morning.

Make it a great day.

Just back from the dungeon. Another action-packed, thrilling day of cardio.

Treadmill. 3.0 miles today. Incline ranged between 1.0% all the way to 15.0%. Speed ranged from 3.0 mph to 7.2 mph. Average heart rate, though the machine was acting up in this regard, was 172. Probably a bit lower than that because there were times the machine was giving me readings that, if true, no human could survive...."cybernetic organisms," maybe, but humans, no. So, the average heart rate was probably closer to the 160 range.

After all said and done though, feeling good and accomplished what I set out to do this morning.

Make it a great day.
    Yeah, many of those machines are notoriously off the mark, but your feeling of exertion probably told you that you did what needed to be done.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, I'm reading along in here, and I love the fact that you're a Golden Gloves boxer. I love boxing, always have, and I'm with you on using it for conditioning work.

Now, Jarine...as for the elliptical work...my opinion is no.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Yeah, many of those machines are notoriously off the mark, but your feeling of exertion probably told you that you did what needed to be done.
    Seems like it and you're right...I could peg on my own about where my heart-rate was (or reasonably close to where it should have been) just by feelin' it and paying attention to what my body was sayin'.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    So, I'm reading along in here, and I love the fact that you're a Golden Gloves boxer. I love boxing, always have, and I'm with you on using it for conditioning work.

Now, Jarine...as for the elliptical work...my opinion is no.
    Many thanks Marius...and I gotta say, these few times have been the only times I've ever set foot on an elliptical machine. Have always stuck to runs on grass, sand, bleachers or a treadmill before.

I'm not too ashamed to admit that the first time I got on the damn elliptical, it took me 30 seconds or so to realize I was using a "backwards" motion rather than forward. Lol.

If I'm gonna get on a machine to run, I prefer the ol' treadmill for sure.

^^^x2. I only look at the time on my treadmill. It is the only thing that is accurate.

~ Andrew Carnegie

Numbers for today:

Total caloric intake = 1,796

Macros:
    Protein = 170g.
    Carbs = 159g. (bulk came from wheat toast, oatmeal and grapefruit)
    Fat = 60g. (biggest source of fat today was from a serving of pistachios)