Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Back To The Dungeon

As I posted elsewhere in this forum, I'm a 37 year old Marine, long-time heavy-weight boxer, former football/rugby player who shamefully allowed life and other non-important b.s. to interrupt my dedication to iron and, far more quickly than one would suspect, allowed myself to slip into a fairly non-disciplined, soft-body state.

Then I woke up.

Signed up at a local gym and had a jump-start with a trainer last Thursday (Aug. 19). The fella would give my old SDI a run for his money and seriously kicked my ass. Left me unable to fully lower my arms (or stretch them) until Tuesday. Enter some HDM doses and some extra-strength Tiger Balm and I was back in the gym Tuesday morning (Aug. 24) for more lifting. I had done some cardio on the days in between, days I could scarcely lift a gallon of water. But, as I said, Tuesday morning the pain was diminished and I was back at it.

Today, after yesterday's session, the pain is back, but only very, very slightly. Nowhere near the pain of that first session back, and I was able to do the same routine, plus a little more weight, with different lifts. For those who are just getting back to it (or who are just starting out), one thing to keep in mind: as long as you persist, you will have ONE "first day back."

Won't bore with the lifts, weights, reps I've done thus far (or that I will do), largely because I just started this journal as more of a general outline of my progress back to my fighting weight and back to the size/definition I once had.

Also, thanks to this fine forum for adding to those motivators I already have. This truly is an outstanding place.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi there...

You won't be 'boring' us with the details of your routine. I wish you great success with your goals, and look forward to reading your progress. Nice to see you are making this a priority & please list what you're doing for cardio. I would be interested to see that piece of your workout, too.

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just back from the dungeon to throw some iron after two days of down time (doing only cardio). Yesterday I was actually in PT gear, gym pass in hand, on my way out the door when I got called to an emergency situation in West Miami that kept me there until well after 10pm. So, I had to wait until this morning. Was actually pretty pissed at the time, but, it happens.

This morning, mostly upper body work again. Rows, lat pulls, pec deck, cables/crossovers, curls, bench press, squats, hammer, shoulder shrugs, etc.

Some lower body too, mostly consisting of leg curls and leg press.

Did some cardio this morning - ran to gym, ran home from gym and did some treadmill work once I got at the gym and some elliptical (to help with the lactic) afterwards.

As I said, ran back home, just tossed in some fruit and OJ into the blender, chased by some HDM and some Omegas and will be having one of my staples - tuna - for lunch.

Feeling great.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Just back from the dungeon to throw some iron after two days of down time (doing only cardio). Yesterday I was actually in PT gear, gym pass in hand, on my way out the door when I got called to an emergency situation in West Miami that kept me there until well after 10pm. So, I had to wait until this morning. Was actually pretty pissed at the time, but, it happens.

This morning, mostly upper body work again. Rows, lat pulls, pec deck, cables/crossovers, curls, bench press, squats, hammer, shoulder shrugs, etc.

Some lower body too, mostly consisting of leg curls and leg press.

Did some cardio this morning - ran to gym, ran home from gym and did some treadmill work once I got at the gym and some elliptical (to help with the lactic) afterwards.

As I said, ran back home, just tossed in some fruit and OJ into the blender, chased by some HDM and some Omegas and will be having one of my staples - tuna - for lunch.

Feeling great.
    Excellent getting it all in! Post your sets/reps, and so on...I'd be interested for one, in seeing what your routine consists of.... Glad you're feeling good today.

Just got back from the dungeon again. Still feeling yesterday's session, today's was bit of a bric-a-brac of sets focusing on upper body.

To warm up, jogged from home to the gym.

At the gym:

Chest Press:
    35 lbs x 10
    50 lbs x 8
    12 lbs x 30

Incline Press:
    50 lbs x 7 (3 sets)

Decline Press:
    30 lbs x 10
    30 lbs x 12

Bicep Curl:
    40 lbs x 10 (3 set)
    50 lbs x 10

Wide-Grip Pull-Downs:
    42.5 lbs x 12
    50 lbs x 8

Reverse-Grip Pull-Downs:
    35 lbs x 15 (2 sets)

High Rows:
    40 lbs x 12 (3 sets)

Rows:
    50 lbs x 10 (2 sets)

Pect Fly:
    70 lbs x 12
    100 lbs x 10 (2 sets)

Shoulder Press:
    30 lbs x 7 (2 sets)

Followed this with 3 minutes, all out, on the heavy bag.

Jog home from the gym for some additional cardio (and to also help with the lactic).

Today I've not feeling as if I've eaten enough....so far anyway. Meals today have included:

Breakfast: Turkey sausage (one patty) on honey-wheat english muffin with sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.

Snack #1: Fuji apple.

Lunch: Two, small, thin-cut chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cooked on Foreman grill, with small bowl of rice, green-beans, carrots and red bell-peppers.

Snack #2: Fruit shake - 2 cups orange juice, hand-ful of strawberries, one banana, one apple, one nectarine, blended. Turned out to be more than I usually make for a shake, so I shared some with my wife.

About to have some grapefruit and plain yogurt.

Anyway, that's the day so far. Feeling great.

Wow...you packed a lot in today! Good for you. It's nice reading...in someone's journal...the words...''I feel great.'' Sometimes, mine doesn't say this. But, kudos for a strong day! And jogged to gym...doubly nice! How far is the distance to and from?

Thanks.

The gym isn't that far from my place at all. Jogging there is more of a warm-up (on the way there) and "cool-down" (on the way back). The gym is only about 3 city blocks from place.

At this point in time in my life, after doing all I've done throughout it, I can be thankful to say that one of my few complaints is limited to wicked shin splints, so running (especially on concrete) is something I try to limit.

Another such complaint would be diminished hearing (and periodic ear-ringing....STILL) from 155mm artillery, but, that's another story altogether.

Just back from the dungeon. Still *slightly* feeling the last two days of upper body, so focused primarily on lower-body this time. A committment this afternoon kept the session today somewhat abbreviated, but today included:

Leg Extension:
    12 x 150 lbs (x2)

Seated Leg Press:
    10 x 210 lbs (x2)

Linear Leg Press:
    15 x 180 lbs
    10 x 230 lbs

Calf Extension:
    10 x 130 lbs
    15 x 130 lbs

V Squat:
    10 x 250 lbs (x2)

Leg Curl:
    10 x 80 lbs
    12 x 95 lbs

Hit the heavy bag again for 5 minutes. Jogged to the gym to warm up, did a brisk walk back home from the gym.

Today's meals have, thus far, included:

Low-Sodium Bacon, 2 strips, sprinkle cheddar cheese on honey-wheat english muffin. Cup of coffee and 8oz OJ.

8oz (approx) whole wheat spaghetti, 93/7 ground beef, tomato-basil sauce.

14 oz. muscle-milk chocolate (post PT)

***EDITED TO REVISE MEALS:

Chicken breast (skinless, boneless, grilled on Foreman Grill) diced with diced tomatoes, avocado, mushroom, with lettuce and sprinkle of cheddar cheese, wrapped in whole-wheat, low-carb tortilla.

6 oz flank steak, grilled
    Tomato, basil, red onion salad
    Couscous with dried cranberry

Feeling good.
    Last edited by FlaIronMind; 08-30-2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Edited to revise meals.

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with the comeback, FlaIronMind!
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Good luck with the comeback, FlaIronMind!
    Thank you MHL!

Just got back from the dungeon. Have been on the last two days, so today included cardio (ran to the gym - in pouring rain no less, did treadmill and elliptical there) and then did some iron: squats, v-squats, press, pull-downs, rows, curls, shrugs. Also, inspired by Marius, grabbed some kettles and started swingin' one-handed until my arms and shoulders felt like they were being deep-fried in a cast iron skillet. Good stuff brother, thanks for the inspiration.

Ran back from the gym. Thankfully the rain had stopped.

Rec'd a chiropractic adjustment this afternoon as well.

***EDITED TO INCLUDE MORE INFO AND IMPROVE POST ORGANIZATION:

Intake for today:

Meal #1

Two whole-wheat, lite, organic waffles (toasted)
    Handful blueberries
    Three strawberries, diced
    Two patties turkey sausage
    8 oz coffee

Snack #1:
    Odwalla Super Protein "shake" (Chocolate)

Meal #2:
    6-inch sub; turkey, black forest ham, half slice white American cheese, baby spinach, red onion, tomato, lettuce, dash of oil and vinegar, on 9-grain oat.

Snack #2:
    Handful pistachios
    Greek non-fat yogurt

Meal #3
    2, 3 oz. honey-glazed pork chops, cooked on Foreman grill
    Green beans, almond slivers, roasted red potatoes, red bell pepper.
    10 oz. low-fat milk

Snack #3
    2 oz turkey kielbasa
    1 slice irish cheddar
    2 oz warm low-fat milk (w/ 1 tsp of Nescafe Decaf)
    5 mini Nilla wafers
    Last edited by FlaIronMind; 08-30-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Update information & improve post organization

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Welcome and good luck with your goals.
    David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Welcome and good luck with your goals.
    Much appreciated, thanks!

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you still using a trainer? Have you sat down and written out specific, measurable goals?
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Are you still using a trainer? Have you sat down and written out specific, measurable goals?
    I am, but not upon every trip to the dungeon/every session. I have sessions with my trainer roughly once every two weeks, the second one coming up this Thurs.

And, yes, I have written down my goals and my personal deadlines. I do keep a personal journal as well, and have hung the calelndar with periodic red circles upon my personal deadlines/dates as to where I want to be.

Just back from the dungeon. Still *slightly* feeling the last two days of upper body, so focused primarily on lower-body this time. A committment this afternoon kept the session today somewhat abbreviated, but today included:

Leg Extension:
    12 x 150 lbs (x2)

Seated Leg Press:
    10 x 210 lbs (x2)

Linear Leg Press:
    15 x 180 lbs
    10 x 230 lbs

Calf Extension:
    10 x 130 lbs
    15 x 130 lbs

V Squat:
    10 x 250 lbs (x2)

Leg Curl:
    10 x 80 lbs
    12 x 95 lbs

Hit the heavy bag again for 5 minutes. Jogged to the gym to warm up, did a brisk walk back home from the gym.

Today's meals have, thus far, included:

Low-Sodium Bacon, 2 strips, sprinkle cheddar cheese on honey-wheat english muffin. Cup of coffee and 8oz OJ.

8oz (approx) whole wheat spaghetti, 93/7 ground beef, tomato-basil sauce.

14 oz. muscle-milk chocolate (post PT)

***EDITED TO REVISE MEALS:

Chicken breast (skinless, boneless, grilled on Foreman Grill) diced with diced tomatoes, avocado, mushroom, with lettuce and sprinkle of cheddar cheese, wrapped in whole-wheat, low-carb tortilla.

6 oz flank steak, grilled
    Tomato, basil, red onion salad
    Couscous with dried cranberry

Feeling good.
    Good job with this workout! Nice to see the details of your routine, here too.

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Intake for today:

Meal #1

Two whole-wheat, lite, organic waffles (toasted)
    Handful blueberries
    Three strawberries, diced
    Two patties turkey sausage
    8 oz coffee

Snack #1:
    Odwalla Super Protein "shake" (Chocolate)

Meal #2:
    6-inch sub; turkey, black forest ham, half slice white American cheese, baby spinach, red onion, tomato, lettuce, dash of oil and vinegar, on 9-grain oat.

Snack #2:
    Handful pistachios
    Greek non-fat yogurt

Meal #3
    2, 3 oz. honey-glazed pork chops, cooked on Foreman grill
    Green beans, almond slivers, roasted red potatoes, red bell pepper.
    10 oz. low-fat milk

Snack #3
    2 oz turkey kielbasa
    1 slice irish cheddar
    2 oz warm low-fat milk (w/ 1 tsp of Nescafe Decaf)
    5 mini Nilla wafers
    A list of your food choices is nice, but breaking this down by total macros and ratios (percentages and/or grams per lb of body weight) is much more useful (for us and perhaps you too). This is especially true if your goals include body recomposition, and not just being as huge/strong as humanly possible - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Good job with this workout! Nice to see the details of your routine, here too.
    Thanks!

A list of your food choices is nice, but breaking this down by total macros and ratios (percentages and/or grams per lb of body weight) is much more useful (for us and perhaps you too). This is especially true if your goals include body recomposition, and not just being as huge/strong as humanly possible - not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Thank you MHL. Never had a problem with being huge/strong as possible! Thank you for your insight. Will adjust future posts - those that are meal specific anyway - accordingly.

Feeling the impact of the last few days in the dungeon and have made the executive decision to spend today "off," particularly as I have a scheduled session with my trainer in 2 days and need some recovery time given the last few days. Tomorrow will do some carido with a light session with iron.

In the meantime:

Mathematics has never been my area of specialty, but, inspired by MHL, even with one of them calcu-ma-lator things, I spent far longer than it probably takes most to calculate the digits in terms of what I'm going for intake wise, to drive down body fat and not sacrifice muscle at the same time (which I am working hard to rebuild, redefine and, ultimately, significantly increase). Any input is welcomed and most certainly tremendously appreciated, particularly if it appears as if I've left something out or made an error somewhere (or just haven't thought something through).

FlaIronMind by the numbers:

Weight = 258
    Body Fat = 22.6%

BMR = 2786.4 (calories)
    BMR increased by 25% = 3483

I fall more into the endomorph body type than I do the meso, so I am going for the 40/40/20 ratio at this point. Again, I've never been this precise or detailed with my goals before, but these are different times, I've a different mindset than I've had and want to not only regain what I once had, but surpass it. Thus, any input on these ratios is welcomed and appreciated. I can't help but feel that I arrived at that ratio rather arbitrarily, though, from what I do know about that ratio, it seems it is generally recommended for us endos, but please advise if anyone thinks it should be tweaked.

That said, going with the 40/40/20 ratio (at 3483 calories), the numbers break down as follows:

Protein = 1393.2 cal
    Carb = 1393.2 cal
    Fat = 696.6 cal

Macros of each per day (using carbs/protein @ 4 calories per gram, fat @ 9 calories per gram):

Protein = 1393.2 / 4 = 348.3 grams
    Carb = 1393.2 / 4 = 348.3 grams
    Fat = 696.6 / 9 = 77.4 grams

(These numbers match up to the numbers I reached using the calculator found at this site in the article by Marc Lobliner, using the 40/40/20 ratio - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body...tion_guide.htm)

Breaking down further:

Macros per meal:

Protein = 348.3 / 6 = 58.05 grams
    Carb = 348.3 / 6 = 58.05 grams
    Fat = 77.4 / 6 = 12.9 grams

There you have it. Those are the stats. Any future meals that are posted in this journal, will be calculated accordingly. I understand that these ratios are somewhat fluid and will, over time, fluctuate as I meet certain goals and my needs change. For the time being however, this is it.

Thanks again MHL, your input is much appreciated.
    Last edited by FlaIronMind; 08-31-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Edited for typo.

Hey. You are to be commended for displaying this level of detail in your diet thus far - few people even make it to this step.

To my eyes, the macro ratios look fine as an initial attempt to nail down a diet. To be honest, when you are around 20-25% BF or higher, it's really more about creating a calorie deficit (regardless of the ratios) and hauling ass. Assuming that you were taking minimal action before, and maximal action now, odds are that you will drop some weight.

There are lots of details to consider in the long run: shifting the macros, meal timing, workout mode, blah, blah, blah... You deal with this stuff when your fat loss stalls and/or when the fat loss calculus changes as you become more lean (fat loss rules shift as you lose more weight). But for right now, it's all about hard work and tracking what truly goes into your gullet.

As you well know, if you can track your prey, then you can kill it.

Hey. You are to be commended for displaying this level of detail in your diet thus far - few people even make it to this step.

To my eyes, the macro ratios look fine as an initial attempt to nail down a diet. To be honest, when you are around 20-25% BF or higher, it's really more about creating a calorie deficit (regardless of the ratios) and hauling ass. Assuming that you were taking minimal action before, and maximal action now, odds are that you will drop some weight.

There are lots of details to consider in the long run: shifting the macros, meal timing, workout mode, blah, blah, blah... You deal with this stuff when your fat loss stalls and/or when the fat loss calculus changes as you become more lean (fat loss rules shift as you lose more weight). But for right now, it's all about hard work and tracking what truly goes into your gullet.

As you well know, if you can track your prey, then you can kill it.

Many, many thanks MHL. And you touched on a point I mentioned - that I can't help but feel the ratio is somewhat arbitrary. Like you stated, I think it's decent to start (but glad to have your two cents on the matter) and will be shifting it and my goals are met/surpassed. It's a fluid thing to be sure, but I sense this will start me in the right direction.

Thanks again sir.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice workouts and diet!
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    Nice workouts and diet!
    Thank you!

As stated, no PT today.

Rather than list the menu, the numbers for today, thus far, are:

Total calories = 2,067

Macros:
    Protein = 166.9g
    Carb = 252.5g (of this, 199g was from fruit)
    Fat = 68.4g

Will revise to include snacks/beverages, if any, that are consumed tonight.

Some early morning PT today, albeit somewhat abbreviated due to the fact I had to get back home to sit and wait for some delivery men to show with a delivery that will either arrive from 10 - 12 or from 1 - 3. Thanks for the specificity.

Anyway, today included:

Bicep Curl:
    12 x 70 lbs
    10 x 90 lbs
    7 x 110 lbs
    4 x 110 lbs

Chest Press:
    10 x 60 lbs
    7 x 60 lbs
    3 x 70 lbs

Decline Press:
    10 x 60 lbs
    10 x 50 lbs
    10 x 40 lbs

Side-Seated Pulldowns:
    10 x 42.5 lbs (1 x each arm)
    10 x 50 lbs (1 x earch arm)

High Rows:
    12 x 50 lbs
    10 x 70 lbs
    5 x 80 lbs

Also did four minutes on the heavy bag and closed this session with some work with a speed rope. Also jogged to the gym and back home.

Will update later this evening with caloric/macro intake numbers.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey, Jarine. Is the chest press the same as a bench press? It looks like you have a serious strength imbalance going on just looking at the numbers you posted. Your bench press (if that's the same thing as a chest press) should be much bigger than what you're capable of curling with your biceps...unless those chest press numbers are for each dumbbell and not the total loaded on a barbell while the curls are barbell curls.

Is it something like that?
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Hey, Jarine. Is the chest press the same as a bench press? It looks like you have a serious strength imbalance going on just looking at the numbers you posted. Your bench press (if that's the same thing as a chest press) should be much bigger than what you're capable of curling with your biceps...unless those chest press numbers are for each dumbbell and not the total loaded on a barbell while the curls are barbell curls.

Is it something like that?
    I perhaps should have specified that the "chest press" listed above is a machine, seated press. Not the same thing entirely as a bench. Incidentally, the bicep curl was machine today as well.

I perhaps should have specified that the "chest press" listed above is a machine, seated press. Not the same thing entirely as a bench. Incidentally, the bicep curl was machine today as well.
    Ah, OK. Mind if I ask why you hit your biceps with a weight so much heavier relative to the larger pectoral muscle group?

Also, taxation is theft.

Ah, OK. Mind if I ask why you hit your biceps with a weight so much heavier relative to the larger pectoral muscle group?
    To be frank, today it was just a matter of curiousity.