Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142
Results 4,231 to 4,248 of 4248
    Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope everything's going strong for you and yours, brother.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    Thinking about you brother, it's tough out there for those in law enforcement. My prayers are with you my friend.
    Many thanks brother. And, it damn sure is. Tough all around. There's this book. Somewhere towards the end, it says things will be gettin' worse. But, in the end, we know who wins. Some comfort in that somewhere. But it's the ride along the way that really tries you. So far though, all is as good as can be.

Was thinking of you too my friend. Hope all has been well. We just lost one of our brothers from different mothers over in the City of Miami FD. Rafael Garcia. 28 years old. A kid really by comparison. Newly married. Wife currently expecting. Died a couple of days after it was discovered he had a brain tumor..complications of some kind relating to that tumor. A goddamn shame. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Stay safe my friend. Always in my prayers.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    I hope everything's going strong for you and yours, brother.
    Much appreciated my friend. Srsly. Thank you. And likewise brother.

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Things are crazy. Point blank and period. But training continues as per usual. Figured I'd finally make some time to come post in here today for a few reasons. First, a matter of remembrance. It was on this day that the Battle of Iwo Jima formally ended. OOH-RAH. Some folks may think that it was all fine and dandy after the US flag raising on Mt. Suribachi. Not so. That flag raising took place on 23 Feb. 1945 and represented that just about 1/3 of Iwo was under US control. The battle, which began on 19 Feb. 1945, went on for over another month of absolute hell, ending on this day, 26 March. 1945. After all was said and done, about 6,000 Marines died taking that island. Almost all of the 22,000 some-odd Japanese who were defending it died. Anyway, the formal end of this battle...that's worth remembering in my book. Semper Fi.

And speaking of remembering, I was remembering my brother MHL here today while in my dungeon when a WTF Moment (Registered, Trademark MHL Enterprises, LLC.) took place. I was cheating the usual SLDL sets that I usually do and was, instead, doing rack pulls (racked below the knee). I had been doing a few sets of these and had just plated up 585#...still light, still pretty early in my set. This dungeon employee sneaks up next to me and kinda whispers to me that the gym manager (who didn't bother to come over himself but sent this lackey) would appreciate it if I didn't do rack pulls racked, but did them from the floor.

You mean just do deadlifts then?

No, just do those from the floor.

Yeah, ok. That's called a deadlift.

No, it's the same.

No, it's not.

Well, see, the thing is, the (saftey) bars are bending. (makes a herky-jerky motion like I am bending the fcuking 4-inch thick solid bars into the shape of a U)

Well, see, the thing is, they aren't bending. But, I tell you what, I'll rotate the bars so they bend back the other way. How's that? Am I bending the Oly bars too? I can rotate those too you know.

Deer stare....

Tell the manager if he has anything he wants to tell me, I'll be here.

Not a further word was said.

Seriously people?

Sigh.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rack deads.

Gotcha.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Rack deads.

Gotcha.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Haha...spot on.

Also, taxation is theft.

Today's Session:

Roadwork.

Beach/sand + road run. 5 miles w/ weighted vest (100#). 38:13.

yada, yada, yada....

Enjoy the weekend brothers/sisters. Make it a good one.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey! I had no idea you have a journal here. You're stealth. Like a ninja. You must be a Scout Sniper or sumtin'.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Many thanks brother. And, it damn sure is. Tough all around. There's this book. Somewhere towards the end, it says things will be gettin' worse. But, in the end, we know who wins. Some comfort in that somewhere. But it's the ride along the way that really tries you. So far though, all is as good as can be.

Was thinking of you too my friend. Hope all has been well. We just lost one of our brothers from different mothers over in the City of Miami FD. Rafael Garcia. 28 years old. A kid really by comparison. Newly married. Wife currently expecting. Died a couple of days after it was discovered he had a brain tumor..complications of some kind relating to that tumor. A goddamn shame. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Stay safe my friend. Always in my prayers.

Much appreciated my friend. Srsly. Thank you. And likewise brother.
    Late to the party as usual! Sorry to hear about Rafael, condolences to his family. Our time here is short, but shorter for some than others. You are right about the book as well, things are really starting to spin up. Times are difficult and will likely get more challenging, but we will do our best here knowing the outcome is assured.

Oh, and one more thing, sub eight minute mile runs IN sand WITH a #100 vest......Epic!
    Last edited by camau71; 03-29-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop bending the safety bars. Haaa!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=FlaIronMind;1350887511]Today's Session:

Roadwork.

Beach/sand + road run. 5 miles w/ weighted vest (100#). 38:13.

QUOTE]

I have my own weighted vest, but I call it my ass. Nice work on the run. That simply looks brutal.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HippieChick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    👍 Still Amazing

Originally Posted by HippieChick View Post
    �� Still Amazing
    Thanks HC. Been a while since your post and even before that it had been a while since I'd seen you so I hope all has been well. Thanks for popping in.

It's been a while and my absence here is just a testament to how crazy things have been. All safe, all is generally good (save for the loss of an unusually high number of family members these past few months), and, outside of that, just bad times for LEO brethren.

Training in the dungeon continues, progress and poundage continue to advance, and, though I mentioned it before, yes, a PL comp still looms on the horizon. At some point.

Will continue to train as hard and heavy as always and will, as time allows, return to logging sessions here. Those who sent PMs, thank you. Hope all has been well brothers/sisters.

I'm very sorry you've lost many family members, and I feel for cops. I really do...fccking hard job.

Also, taxation is theft.

I'm very sorry you've lost many family members, and I feel for cops. I really do...fccking hard job.
    Thank you brother. Prayers that all is well with you and your family.

Merry Christmas my brothers/sisters.

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good to see you again. It's a difficult time for first responders in our country....especially those in Law Enforcement. Sorry for your losses and know that my thoughts and prayers go with you my Brother.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy