patmel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Anyone try "Beyond Belief" or something similar?

I've been lifting for 15 years and have tried many programs. I once tried "Beyond Belief" which is basically a periodization program where you spend a few weeks doing 5 sets for each bodypart/60 sec rests/12-15 reps/working each part either 2 or 3 times a week. Then you spend a few weeks doing 4 sets/90 sec rests/10-12 reps, etc until you are down to doing 4-6 reps with 3 min. rests. I tried this 6 years ago and actually had good results (believe it or not). At the time, my nutrition wasn't even the greatest. I'm thinking about trying something similar again.

Anyway, I usually go 6-8 reps for 6-8 sets per bp, working each bp once per week. I am finding that I have lost some muscle and gained fat for awhile now. However, this system seems to provide gains most of the time.

I know alot about bb, so I don't need advice about nutrition or what usually works best. I just need to know if anyone else has had results with a program like this, or switches between high and low reps / short and long rests with good progress. My main goal is lean mass. I am currently 6ft / 215 lb at about 13% bf.

I do eat welll, so that's not the problem. I sleep decently most of the time too.

Thanks!
    A life without goals is not really a life

patmel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question

Thanks for the feedback....NOT!
    A life without goals is not really a life

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well yuo obviously have more experiance and know more aobut these things than I do, but what bodytype are you, i"m an ectomorph and I get my best results when I use low volume high intensity.

ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ONe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I see better results when I do less reps with more weight. And give myself longer rest.

I am kind of new to the whole "right way to body build" concept, so I don't know what the right, and the wrong, way to go about things is.

That workout plan sounds interesting. I may do that during the summer.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog... well inside of a dog it is too dark to read." -Groucho Marx-

sean benay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re:periodization

I have recently started periodi. myself. I did 3 weeks of adaptation and am now on my 4th week of hypertrophy phase so it is still early for an overall evaluation of the results. However, what I can say is that I have experienced steady strength gain. Increase in lean muscle mass, well...it has happened but I have changed more variables than perio. I recently came off a back injury (lost wt), so it is hard to tell how much gain was due to perio. To sum, I have been training for over 5 years now and have tried numerous programs, and I cannot remember being this enthusiastic about the possibilities!
    Keep it healthy! Sean