Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First year of football. small problem ; [

Ok as you can seethis is my first year of football. Im going to be a sophmore. I'm 5"8 140lb mostly musclualar ectomorph. Now my problem is im a B****. When we do team plays where we can actually tackle i pray the ball doesnt come my way because im playing afraid. The only thing i attemt to hit hard is on dummys nd when i have the dummyim afraid of the person cooming to hit. now i try to hide my scarnerss as much as possible but im never gonna go anywhere i i dnt get tougher. im stronger than 85% of the jv WTF. My hard work in the weight room is not coming onto the field.

So i bought my jerseys $130 nd im not even tough enough to F*****G tackle a freshman. Freshman r tougher than me -_-. Ive been runover nd steped on in school. Not anymore because i knew muscles would give me respect in school nd it did so now i dnt see why im scared of playing.

I dnt really know how tough i can be now.

How can i get tougher ?

Crazy question . . .

ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambitionzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ambitionzZ View Post
    Ok as you can seethis is my first year of football. Im going to be a sophmore. I'm 5"8 140lb mostly musclualar ectomorph. Now my problem is im a B****. When we do team plays where we can actually tackle i pray the ball doesnt come my way because im playing afraid. The only thing i attemt to hit hard is on dummys nd when i have the dummyim afraid of the person cooming to hit. now i try to hide my scarnerss as much as possible but im never gonna go anywhere i i dnt get tougher. im stronger than 85% of the jv WTF. My hard work in the weight room is not coming onto the field.

So i bought my jerseys $130 nd im not even tough enough to F*****G tackle a freshman. Freshman r tougher than me -_-. Ive been runover nd steped on in school. Not anymore because i knew muscles would give me respect in school nd it did so now i dnt see why im scared of playing.

How can i get tougher ?

Crazy question . . .
    Im even afraid to get dirty!

zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok. So I was kinda like you when I first started a long time ago. On the being tough your wearing pads that are designed to protect you. There is a small possibility of injury. You just have to suck it up maybe get a friend and take the pads home and practice getting hit. On the hitting just imagine someone who you can't stand and make yourself belive that is that person. On the getting dirty. Whatever you get on you will come off in the shower. I would just say to suck it up and get to playing for real. Trust me you will feel better about yourself in the end.

Originally Posted by zabz View Post
    Ok. So I was kinda like you when I first started a long time ago. On the being tough your wearing pads that are designed to protect you. There is a small possibility of injury. You just have to suck it up maybe get a friend and take the pads home and practice getting hit. On the hitting just imagine someone who you can't stand and make yourself belive that is that person. On the getting dirty. Whatever you get on you will come off in the shower. I would just say to suck it up and get to playing for real. Trust me you will feel better about yourself in the end.
    thanks man ill try

bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why dont you just quit?

Originally Posted by bigguy64 View Post
    why dont you just quit?
    i dnt want to im not that much off a p****.

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dnt want to im not that much off a p****.
    Hm...a statement that runs contrary to everything you said in the first two posts.

So how many times have you been hit thus far? Which hurt worse, the first time, or the second time?

And if no quit, why? What do you want from playing football?
    Last edited by swolepatrole; 08-24-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added a question

Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    Hm...a statement that runs contrary to everything you said in the first two posts.

So how many times have you been hit thus far? Which hurt worse, the first time, or the second time?

And if no quit, why? What do you want from playing football?
    lol to be honest i havnt been hit hard at all yet, thats y im like why am i soo afraid?

i want to learn how to have dicipline, toughness; physicaly nd mentally, nd just to have fun.

I jusrt want to f*** ppl up im just afraid!

FML.

lol to be honest i havnt been hit hard at all yet, thats y im like why am i soo afraid?

i want to learn how to have dicipline, toughness; physicaly nd mentally, nd just to have fun.

I jusrt want to f*** ppl up im just afraid!

FML.
    i have no confidence in myself . . .

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Next hitting drill....hop first in line. Don't worry about whatever specific thing they want to you to do with the hit (tackle, score), just rail it and make it hurt as much as you possibly can. Downhill from there.

cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10) cowzers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Getting hit doesnt even hurt bro. We had this buff linebacker on my team and on defense days the coach used to make us practice together. I saw him break a kids ankle so i was scared. He came out there cleaned me out didnt feel a thing. Its gonna hurt a bit but less then a pinch dont even worry about it. As long as you dont get helmet to helmet youll be fine. Plus bruises heal your pride wont trust me on this.

Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    Next hitting drill....hop first in line. Don't worry about whatever specific thing they want to you to do with the hit (tackle, score), just rail it and make it hurt as much as you possibly can. Downhill from there.
    downhill from there?

sryy im forever mindf*****

Originally Posted by cowzers View Post
    Getting hit doesnt even hurt bro. We had this buff linebacker on my team and on defense days the coach used to make us practice together. I saw him break a kids ankle so i was scared. He came out there cleaned me out didnt feel a thing. Its gonna hurt a bit but less then a pinch dont even worry about it. As long as you dont get helmet to helmet youll be fine. Plus bruises heal your pride wont trust me on this.
    thnx man.

Im really appreciating the comments guys

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A little bit of fear is a good thing because it keeps you aware but what you are describing is not good. Those who play afraid ARE the ones who get hurt. If you go into a play only hitting half-assed and the other person is hitting hard, who you think is gonna walk away? I am nervous every game until the first hit. Then I am out there giving everything I got.

See if you can do some open field tackle drills with teammates. One on one style. That combines speed and the hit and is probably the most intimidating sort of thing you can do on the field. Once you are taking and giving hits in this drill I suspect the fear will diminish. You just need to get some more experience in the game is all.

But try to fix this quickly if you can. You chances of injury are much higher playing with fear.

cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Time to find a better sport for you? Some might call it quitting but perhaps you would be happier doing something else.

TheGrandeGato has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have played football for many years and one thing was always clear to me if you dont go 100% into somebody its going to hurt you because there probably going 100% into you.... think about it this way too your a strong kid according to your post just run into somebody as hard as you can close you eyes if you have to at first pretend you running a full sprint, lower you shoulder a mess them up!! trust me when you get a good hit on someone the last thing on your mind this how you body feels you will get there man its all mental

PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The only way to get over your fear is to face it. Therefore, get on the kickoff and kick return team. That's where people are going the fastest and the hits are the hardest.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Oderint dum metuant

boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Scared of plqying a game with protective pads? Try playing rugby, though i do agree you can he harder in American football, it just hurts more in rugby. Just grit it and get on with it. I think its a bit weird your afraid of getting dirty.

Originally Posted by TheGrandeGato View Post
    i have played football for many years and one thing was always clear to me if you dont go 100% into somebody its going to hurt you because there probably going 100% into you.... think about it this way too your a strong kid according to your post just run into somebody as hard as you can close you eyes if you have to at first pretend you running a full sprint, lower you shoulder a mess them up!! trust me when you get a good hit on someone the last thing on your mind this how you body feels you will get there man its all mental
    Thanks man i'll try.

iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hahah I had this problem!!!! Lmao sorta funny to read this when it happend to me..what I did was. When we would line up for a hit i would think how scared I was and say that the other guy is 10x more scared then I am ..make ur self feel like the kid no one wana **** with..play the mind game with your self.

THEY DONT WANT IT!!!!

Ps. This helpd me alot in basketball b.c I was 6ft white kid playing pf vs some big ass black centers and they would hate me lol

etremblay_pt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i started playing full check hockey i was scared ****less. then we went through the gauntlet and it made it somewhat better. but the best advice i received was this: when you are about to get hit, deliver a hit. not only did i start getting better at checking, but others wouldn't like coming near me even though i was always the smallest on the team. so remember, when you are about to get hit, deliver a hit. reverse the force on them and you won't regret it.
    trainertremblay.blogspot.com

iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDo5Kz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by etremblay_pt View Post
    when i started playing full check hockey i was scared ****less. then we went through the gauntlet and it made it somewhat better. but the best advice i received was this: when you are about to get hit, deliver a hit. not only did i start getting better at checking, but others wouldn't like coming near me even though i was always the smallest on the team. so remember, when you are about to get hit, deliver a hit. reverse the force on them and you won't regret it.
    I like that

Hmm ;; I'm not sure what u mean : /

etremblay_pt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm ;; I'm not sure what u mean : /
    well, if you are on d and the guy with the ball is coming at you and wants to hit you, hit him first. make sure you are hitting them first before they are hitting you. for example, i was in the corner getting the puck with a big guy looking to put the hurt on me. so instead of waiting for him to hit me, i hit him first. throws the other guy off his game and i got the advantage. someone also said that it is okay to have a little fear. use that to your advantage too. getting hit is a mental thing more than a physical thing. be proactive not reactive.
    trainertremblay.blogspot.com

well, if you are on d and the guy with the ball is coming at you and wants to hit you, hit him first. make sure you are hitting them first before they are hitting you. for example, i was in the corner getting the puck with a big guy looking to put the hurt on me. so instead of waiting for him to hit me, i hit him first. throws the other guy off his game and i got the advantage. someone also said that it is okay to have a little fear. use that to your advantage too. getting hit is a mental thing more than a physical thing. be proactive not reactive.
    Ohh alright man thnx! Now I get it

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How can i get tougher ?

Crazy question . . .
    To tell you the truth, you are thinking too much. If you are playing football, you gotta have some sort of aggression every play. I used to be 5'11" 165 lbs and played every special teams and defensive end (belive it or not). Not to brag, but i laid prolly the biggest hits on my team. I was in the paper for one of them. Not sure how to add a pic on here. You have to develop your form and know what its like to be hit. Next time you have a chance, you want to meet the runner as quick as possible to cut him of any other yardage. Sprint towards him, keep good form by staying low and keeping your head up, and act like you are tackling through the m***** f*****. That moment before you hit him, explode like you are going to jump through him. I laid out many guys bigger than me because of my technique. Also, hitting on angles, is the best way to make a tackle.

I'm telling you, after your first big collision... i guarantee your going to say... "that wasn't that bad". After that, you'll be fine going all out

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How can i get tougher ?

Crazy question . . .
    Play like your the baddest m***** f***** out there and you are there to lay the smack down on anyone trying to get past you.

Just uploaded the pic on my photos if you wanna check it out

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    To tell you the truth, you are thinking too much. If you are playing football, you gotta have some sort of aggression every play. I used to be 5'11" 165 lbs and played every special teams and defensive end (belive it or not). Not to brag, but i laid prolly the biggest hits on my team. I was in the paper for one of them. Not sure how to add a pic on here. You have to develop your form and know what its like to be hit. Next time you have a chance, you want to meet the runner as quick as possible to cut him of any other yardage. Sprint towards him, keep good form by staying low and keeping your head up, and act like you are tackling through the m***** f*****. That moment before you hit him, explode like you are going to jump through him. I laid out many guys bigger than me because of my technique. Also, hitting on angles, is the best way to make a tackle.

I'm telling you, after your first big collision... i guarantee your going to say... "that wasn't that bad". After that, you'll be fine going all out
    Some good advice there thnx so much .

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    Just uploaded the pic on my photos if you wanna check it out
    Nice pic i wish i can block like that ; [