Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

10 Ways You're Consuming More Calories Than You Think

This hit home for me - mostly because I used to be one of those people who were eating 1200 calories a day and couldn't lose weight. At that time, I didn't track vegetables or condiments, and I eyeballed everything. For all of you who think you are stalled at a low calorie intake... Read it, learn it, live it.

http://www.healthylivingheavylifting...han-you-think/
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great article!!

Too many times I see people say they "don't eat carbs" but then list the crap ton of fruits and veggies.... like fruits and veggies are still carbs and they still have calories and they still count!!!

Also, on the supps. Good one to think about there too. I find fish oil is a big cal one too.

A lot of very good points in this article. Great find!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

beezydee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome article. I've honestly never thought about tracking supplements before! I'm going to look into that as soon as I get home.

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Great article!!

Too many times I see people say they "don't eat carbs" but then list the crap ton of fruits and veggies.... like fruits and veggies are still carbs and they still have calories and they still count!!!

Also, on the supps. Good one to think about there too. I find fish oil is a big cal one too.

A lot of very good points in this article. Great find!
    Originally Posted by beezydee View Post
    Awesome article. I've honestly never thought about tracking supplements before! I'm going to look into that as soon as I get home.
    Thanks ladies! Yes, I've heard that you should count BCAA's as 5 cals a gram or so, even if they say zero calorie :
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great article. This should be linked anytime someone insists they're in a deficit.
    I could add a couple hundred calories in condiments alone if I wasn't aware how quickly they add up.

lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good article. I knew about the condiments which is why I choose ketchup or mustard over mayo. Mayo has a lot of calories and fat per tablespoon. I also knew about supplements. My calcium chews have 20 calories and 3 grams carbs each and I take two a day. So I add the min to my daily totals.

jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What a great article! The biggest thing that threw me off in the very beginning was all the sugar free stuff. Tons of sugar-free gum (like at least 10 sticks a day to "satisfy" a sweet tooth)... there are 5 calories in a stick of sugar free gum so I was getting an extra 25-50 calories right there! Fish oil supplements I knew to track because I knew it was fatty acids, but for some reason the sugar-free stuff got me messed up. Now I know better

hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That article just screams 'eating disorder' to me.
    Future Colorado crew

jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessic2952 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm guilty of some of those, but it depends, if I'm not eating a ton of veggies, or it's a lot of leafy greens I won't bother. Ketchup, and mustard I don't bother, because I don't use either often, and I definitely don't use much ketchup. Mayo I track though. Fish Oil I don't because the ones we have are like 5cals.
    Generally most of the smaller variables that can add up quickly, I don't consume enough of for them to really add up. lol.

Though for all the "why am I not losing weight when I eat 1200cals" threads, this and the measuring cup video should be the first post.
    Also good for people in prep who need to be on point with their diet.
    I also heard that people who tend to steal bites as they cook can average an extra 200cals. O.O

If someone's having trouble losing weight at what they think is a deficit, taking into account those things is important. It's not about having an eating disorder if you're consuming enough calories you're unaware of to put you at maintenance. Many people won't need to count every single thing, and can have a slight calorie difference in either direction, and be fine. However a lot of people eat a lot more than they think, and should watch out for those things that add up for them, we see it all the time. It's not eating disordered behavior to make sure your 1700cals are actually 1700cals when you burn 2100 and aren't losing weight.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    I'm guilty of some of those, but it depends, if I'm not eating a ton of veggies, or it's a lot of leafy greens I won't bother. Ketchup, and mustard I don't bother, because I don't use either often, and I definitely don't use much ketchup. Mayo I track though. Fish Oil I don't because the ones we have are like 5cals.
    Generally most of the smaller variables that can add up quickly, I don't consume enough of for them to really add up. lol.

Though for all the "why am I not losing weight when I eat 1200cals" threads, this and the measuring cup video should be the first post.
    I also heard that people who tend to steal bites as they cook can average an extra 200cals. O.O

If someone's having trouble losing weight at what they think is a deficit, taking into account those things is important. It's not about having an eating disorder if you're consuming enough calories you're unaware of to put you at maintenance. Many people won't need to count every single thing, and can have a slight calorie difference in either direction, and be fine. However a lot of people eat a lot more than they think, and should watch out for those things that add up for them, we see it all the time. It's not eating disordered behavior to make sure your 1700cals are actually 1700cals when you burn 2100 and aren't losing weight.
    Agree. Not eating disorder when you are trying to loose and need to be right on track with cals.

Originally Posted by jessic2952 View Post
    Hahaha!

I think disordered eating and actually realizing that things you eat have calories are two substantially different things. Knowledge is power.
    Team Ogre Mascot

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Hahaha!

I think disordered eating and actually realizing that things you eat have calories are two substantially different things. Knowledge is power.
    I agree. Anything can be a trigger for anything, we shouldn't shy away from friendly reminders like how the peanut butter you lick off the spoon has calories in it.

Originally Posted by jessic2952 View Post
    I agree. Anything can be a trigger for anything, we shouldn't shy away from friendly reminders like how the peanut butter you lick off the spoon has calories in it.
    Right? Always cracks me up when someone like that decides to chime in. Never has a thing to say when a 5'7" girl at 115 pounds is asking about fat loss
    Team Ogre Mascot

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post

This right here. I think if you showed this to a total noob who was just getting starting with tracking their food it could cause problems. I'm in a lot of IIFYM groups on ******** and they are FULL of people who bring their food scales out to restaurants and who weigh/measure/track 3 sprigs of asparagus. That's not really "flexible," nor is it necessary. I TOTALLY get the point of this article, but I'm so gun shy when it comes to sharing stuff like this, just because I know people have turned IIFYM into its own ED.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EPolis13 View Post
    This right here. I think if you showed this to a total noob who was just getting starting with tracking their food it could cause problems. I'm in a lot of IIFYM groups on ******** and they are FULL of people who bring their food scales out to restaurants and who weigh/measure/track 3 sprigs of asparagus. That's not really "flexible," nor is it necessary. I TOTALLY get the point of this article, but I'm so gun shy when it comes to sharing stuff like this, just because I know people have turned IIFYM into its own ED.
    Yeah that's the trouble with these things in general. A lot of people can benefit from the knowledge, and use it to fuel their goals in a completely healthy way. Someone else may become far too obsessive. However, most of the people with issues surrounding food/EDs/control are going to be obsessive, and unhealthy regardless. They'll find plenty of well meaning tips online, they'll search for them themselves whether it's on a forum like this or not, and turn them into something unhealthy. It's either post the information and let it help those who can use it the way it's meant to be used, or shy away from posting things that may help some people because it may be taken a bad way by others.
    At least on a forum, it's open to discussion, and people can talk about where to draw the line, what's healthy, what's excessive, etc. So there's more perspective than when someone reads the article,and runs with it as is.

Side note, I would be horribly anxious, and embarrassed if I brought a food scale to a restaurant. Also embarrassed for the people with me. I've heard of people doing it before, and it still blows my mind. I'd rather not eat out if I was that paranoid of what I was eating, it's not like it'll make the calorie count accurate, (considering stuff like added oils and butter for cooking).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs