maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Realistic goal??

Just finished P90X and now moving towards a clean bulk over the fall/winter.

Lost a ton of fat during P90X and now I'm ready to gain some mass. I'm 6'4 and 178 lbs. My body fat % is 9-10%. I want to bulk and then cut for next spring/summer. What is a realistic goal for me?

After the cut, I want to maintain around the same body fat % that I have now (9-10%).

In 8-9 months, is 200lbs at 9-10% body fat realistic? What should I shoot for?
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

####Working on Madcow's 5x5####

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by maximusAF View Post
    Just finished P90X and now moving towards a clean bulk over the fall/winter.

Lost a ton of fat during P90X and now I'm ready to gain some mass. I'm 6'4 and 178 lbs. My body fat % is 9-10%. I want to bulk and then cut for next spring/summer. What is a realistic goal for me?

After the cut, I want to maintain around the same body fat % that I have now (9-10%).

In 8-9 months, is 200lbs at 9-10% body fat realistic? What should I shoot for?
    What are your numbers on the major lifts?
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post
    What are your numbers on the major lifts?
    I really don't know yet. Since I've been doing P90X, I have not really been doing a whole lot in the gym.

One other issue I have is that I only have access to dumbbells, shoulder press machine, cable press machine, few leg curl/extension machines, and a seated row machine.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I really don't know yet. Since I've been doing P90X, I have not really been doing a whole lot in the gym.

One other issue I have is that I only have access to dumbbells, shoulder press machine, cable press machine, few leg curl/extension machines, and a seated row machine.
    Then your goal is probably pretty realistic, if you get on a good program. You might fall a bit short in 8 months, but you could get most of the way there.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

Then your goal is probably pretty realistic, if you get on a good program. You might fall a bit short in 8 months, but you could get most of the way there.
    My main thing now is finding a good program that will work for the "tools" available to me. I would love to do Starting Strength, but I don't have access to barbells or a squat rack. I hope I can progress with what I have access to.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On machines? Are you sure?

OP, can't you just join a gym or something? Barbells are SO much better than what you have available.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    On machines? Are you sure?

OP, can't you just join a gym or something? Barbells are SO much better than what you have available.
    I have access to machines, but most of my workouts in the gym are with just the dumbbells.

Incline/flat DB press
    DB flies
    DB kickbacks
    DB tricep extensions
    DB lateral raises
    DB shoulder press
    DB squats
    DB lunges
    etc.
    etc.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If there are no barbells at your gym I'd suggest that you switch gyms. Yes srs

If there are no barbells at your gym I'd suggest that you switch gyms. Yes srs
    I agree, but current gym is FREE. I know I know....

Can I not make solid gains with just dumbbells though?
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Do you wanna squat and deadlift with dumbbells? How heavy are they?

Do you wanna squat and deadlift with dumbbells? How heavy are they?
    The dumbbells at my gym go up to 50lbs.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Do you REALLY think that 100 lbs is enough for squats and deadlifts over a 8 months period?

Do you REALLY think that 100 lbs is enough for squats and deadlifts over a 8 months period?
    No, I honestly don't.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Then you know what you have to do Just find some cheap gym with a barbell and a power rack.

I have access to machines, but most of my workouts in the gym are with just the dumbbells.

Incline/flat DB press
    DB flies
    DB kickbacks
    DB tricep extensions
    DB lateral raises
    DB shoulder press
    DB squats
    DB lunges
    etc.
    etc.
    This will not get the job done I'm afraid.

The dumbbells at my gym go up to 50lbs.
    Yeah, as others have said, you have to join a new gym or buy some weights for home. If money is a limitation, you could probably gain 20lb of muscle with nothing much more than a barbell, 350lb of weights, a chin up bar, two sturdy chars (with fat gripz to do dips on them) and a sturdy ruck sack.

Yeah, as others have said, you have to join a new gym or buy some weights for home. If money is a limitation, you could probably gain 20lb of muscle with nothing much more than a barbell, 350lb of weights, a chin up bar, two sturdy chars (with fat gripz to do dips on them) and a sturdy ruck sack.
    Yeah, sounds like the dumbbells might work for my arms, etc. But not the squats and lifts, etc. I've got a chin up bar that I've been using at home for P90X.

Ideally, I need a power rack with bench, etc. Thanks for the replies.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take the money you are spending on all those suppliments in your sig, replace them with eggs (I get 60 packs for $5.50... more protein than in a tub of whey), and join a gym with a rusty olympic set and a power rack.

Or dish out the $190 for a cheap 300 lbs Oly set and work out in your bedroom. A chinup bar is $30 at Wal-mart.

Doing the math now, as I don't use supps...

Your Jack3d is $22, 2 lbs of your whey is $22, universal storm is $28... all online so probably cheaper than retail. That is $72 in useless ****. You can get a pretty amazing gym membership for $72 a month, or save that for 3 months and get an Oly set, some jackstands/cinderblocks for floor presses and a chinup bar and using that get a hell of a lot bigger without your suppliments than you could with 50 lbs dumbbells and the suppliments you are using.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 08-24-2010 at 09:33 AM.

So, to reach my goal........

Join a GYM and do something like Starting Strength??
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

Pretty much.