nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nfg182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low carb high Protein Waffle or pancake recipe

Anyone know At all?

Thanks

critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Waffle Batter (blender):
    1/2 c. ground oats
    1/8 c. milk
    3 eggs
    3 scoops Whey protein (you pick flave)
    (4 servings: 8g Carb, 25g Protein, 174 cals)

Pancake Batter (blender):
    1/2 c. ground oats
    6 egg whites
    1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
    1 t. vanilla/maple flave
    4 packets splenda/equal (sweetened to taste)
    (2 servings)

Notes: Waffles are a little dry, but better with some SF syrup, SF pudding, whatever. Just know it's a little dry by itself.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My local health market has this sugar-free diabetic pancake mix. I found it, and I literally squealed like a four year old girl in the store.

Macros per serving:

1.5g fat
    6g net carbs (5g fiber)
    15g protein (milk protein)
    120cal.

I have six boxes in the house.

The brand is "Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, all Natural Sugar Free Pancake Mix"

With some added stevia, cinnamon and vanilla extract...tastes JUST like real pancakes. My favorite food in the house by far.

If you can find it online or in a health market...congratulations.

thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nfg182 View Post
    Anyone know At all?

Thanks
    Here's my pancake recipe - I eat it at least 3 days a week. Leave out the Sweet Potato to reduce carbs.

Sweet potato pancakes - these are so filling I can usually skip my morning snack.
    1/2 cup oatmeal (regular old fashioned, not instant)
    1/3 cup egg beaters
    2 tbsp cottage cheese (1% or less)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I have also found recently that chocolate powder is fine here, and surprisingly Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Casein protein yields an entire extra 3-4 pancakes because of how it mixes)
    1/2 cup of water or so, until batter become smooth
    I usually go for 2.5 oz of sweet potato, which is about 80 calories.
    blend it up and fry with no calorie olive oil spray. I put 1/2 cup of blueberries on it, and Walden Farms pancake syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon on top to flavor. I will also add 1/3 of a tbsp of cocoa powder, and some erythritol crystals on top.

Blend it all up, then fry. I usually use a 12" pan, and can do it in 3 batches of 4 cakes each. For easiest results, use a soup ladle to distribute the batter. I keep the heat on medium and cook the first side about 2-3 min, then flip and give it another minute. I'm so hungry usually that I eat each batch as they come off, while the next batch cooks.

377 calories for just the mancakes + sweet potato + cocoa powder calories are separate. Typically these are 80 and 10 calories respectively for me.

jimmybond50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmybond50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nfg182 View Post
    Anyone know At all?

Thanks
    1/2 cup Oats
    6 egg whites
    1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt (i use non fat greek yogurt)
    teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspon vanila extract
    1-2 packets splenda (i use truvia because i like the taste better)
    1 tablespoon water

mix all together. put in pam coated skillet on low heat and cover with foil for 7-12 mins. check every once and awhile make sure everything is going smoothly. when its done, let it cool for like 3-5 mins. Enjoy. Tates a little like french toast.

Patriot1783 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's something like...
    1 cup cottage cheese (I use fat free)
    2 Egg whites
    1 Egg
    1 Scoop of Protein Powder
    1/4 Cup Whole wheat flour

Blend all in a food processor and cook like normal pancakes
    I add blueberries and almonds too

I'm not positive if that's right but you can always google "low carb cottage cheese pancakes"

lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10) lostinnd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this thread is relevant to my interests..

Its been a few months since I played around with making pancakes but I usually included..
    1 scoop protein
    1/2 cup to cup of CC
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    and MOST importantly Baking Powder!

The pancakes will be flat without the baking powder so add a bit (like a tsp) and they will fluff up and be amazing.
    Last edited by lostinnd; 08-24-2010 at 02:43 PM.