UKCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't seem to get my chest ripped and solid

Hi, new poster, first post!

I'm about 13 Stone which is about 82Kg. I'm 6' and have a decent body when i'm training regularly. I used to work out at home but started to see actual gains when i joined a gym last year.

My Traps build the quickest and easiest. My arms are gaining nicely but need more work, my Triceps cut easily. I've only started working on my Lats for the past year but can see the benefit (definitely should of done more work on my back before hand). Legs are ok but neglected in my workouts.

My chest is quite bulky, firm to touch when tensed but still has excess body fat over the muscle and isn't 'cut' how i'd like it. I bench around 80kg at most but not regularly any more as i'd left the gym for a few weeks. And i bench 25-30kg dumbells also. I include all sorts of lifts in my chest workout.

I eat well at times but still eat junk. I don't do much cardio tbh but stay active.

I'm gaining well but i'd like to cut up, especially on my chest as i seem to find it hard to cut my chest rather than bulk it....which then looks like my chest is big from fat when it's mainly muscle.

Appreicate any help!

Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Cutting" is all done in the kitchen. Post your diet, and we can go from there.
    Fierce Five log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172189533&p=1457532133

UKCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cheap5.0 View Post
    "Cutting" is all done in the kitchen. Post your diet, and we can go from there.
    Maybe definition is what i mean then? Or possibly both, i've still got some work to do yet before i bulk as much as i'd like. Is more reps/lower weight a factor?

I don't have a diet plan as such but it's usually something like:

Breakfast: two slices of toast or one large bowl of cereal.
    Two meat and salad sandwhiches at work on break, one packet of crisp.
    Dinner: Two sandwhiches or bowl of pasta and tuna. Packet of crisp. Oatmeal bar.
    Evening meal: Chicken, chicken sauce, rice/pasta. Sometimes chips, peas and sasuage. Sometimes meal of convienience.
    Night: noodles, yoghurt, cereal.

I try to eat meat from the butchers, tuna, pasta, rice, potatoes and snack on Pistachio nuts, milk, sesame seeds. I go through stages where i eat lots of fruit and veg then don't hardly eat any.

SPlissken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UKCraig View Post
    Maybe definition is what i mean then? Or possibly both, i've still got some work to do yet before i bulk as much as i'd like. Is more reps/lower weight a factor?

I don't have a diet plan as such but it's usually something like:

Breakfast: two slices of toast or one large bowl of cereal.
    Two meat and salad sandwhiches at work on break, one packet of crisp.
    Dinner: Two sandwhiches or bowl of pasta and tuna. Packet of crisp. Oatmeal bar.
    Evening meal: Chicken, chicken sauce, rice/pasta. Sometimes chips, peas and sasuage. Sometimes meal of convienience.
    Night: noodles, yoghurt, cereal.

I try to eat meat from the butchers, tuna, pasta, rice, potatoes and snack on Pistachio nuts, milk, sesame seeds. I go through stages where i eat lots of fruit and veg then don't hardly eat any.

Hey man I had the same problem recently, had been working out my chest very hard for months without the results in the mirror I had wanted , here is what I did to shape it up and trim down the unwanted fat deposits I had there.

Changed up all of my chest exercises and routines, learned new exercises, went heavier and more frequent, added in drop sets, 21's, ect, which I feel made about 35% of the difference.

The rest came from a two other things, one was Bioforge Promax, great results, and most importantly diet.

I cut out just about all carbs and sugars, and stuck to pretty much this

Eggs(alot), lean steak, a ton of chicken and even more fish.
    Drank alot of water, and just ate my ass off, protein in and out all day, and also cut out any shakes I may had been making ( whey protein mixed with non fat milk, ice, bannana, ect )

I did not add any cardio in at all. I feel from the diet I really trimmed down body fat and kept all muscle mass as I did not lose any weight. My Chest popped out, shaped up and I was very happy with the results after about three solid weeks of no cheating. If I got a little shaky and had to have carbs I would do some oatmeal or a sweet potato. But I just doubled all my portions of protein across the board pretty much and cut everything else out.

Good luck hope this helps

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by UKCraig View Post
    Legs are ok but neglected in my workouts.

I bench around 80kg at most but not regularly any more as i'd left the gym for a few weeks.

I eat well at times but still eat junk. I don't do much cardio tbh but stay active.

I'm gaining well but i'd like to cut up
    These are the problems IMO!

You have to keep training your chest (or any other muscle) or it will not grow or retain your gains during a cut, if you decide to do a cut.

Diet is crucial. Make your mind up if your eating to build muscle or lose body fat (i.e. kcal deficit, kcal surplus). Junk food = fat chest (crisps, chips, sausages, etc). Occasional treat is ok (e.g. small - medium portion of ice cream once week)

Cardio will help burn more calories each day and can add some leverage on your diet too

Biggest thing to take from this is get back into a the gym and bench press.