Doak6021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner here. Please give advice

I am not a beginner to lifting/dieting but I am a beginner to doing it right. I am also a beginner to lifting/dieting forums. For a long time I used poor training methods and diets to achieve my goals(Always fell short). Recently I started a diet/workout plan that has given me results I've never had. Nothing extreme, but definitely better than before.

Goal: Get stronger and gain a lot of good(lean) weight. Afterwards, I wanna go on whatever diet will bring my body fat down. I don't wanna be bodybuilder extreme, I just wanna look good.

Diet:
    7 AM: Wheat flakes, banana, skim milk. Everyday b/c it is so easy
    10 AM: Weight gainer.
    1 PM: balanced meal
    3:00 PM: Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Beta Alanine
    3:30 PM: work out
    4:30 PM: GNC's Mass XXX shake(creatine, whey, BCAAs, good carbs, tastes great)
    6:30 PM: Balanced meal
    10 PM: Balanced meal

Workout:
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Shoulders
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Arms
    2 days off
    Repeat
    Every 4-5 weeks I change the reps/exercises I do for each body part.

After reading countless articles online. Here are the few questions that I have.
    Should I take a protein in the AM with my meal?
    Should I take anything else pre workout?
    I'm gna pickup ZMA and casein protein for nighttime, do they make that big of a difference?
    Are there any obvious flaws to my plan that could make a major difference?

Hope I gave enough info. Sorry for so many questions. Any and all help is appreciated.

FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500) FreshLiam is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you are a beginner, get on a strength routine. Period. To gain size you need to have a decent base. This is where the strength routine will help.

Look into Madcows 5x5 or Rippetoes: Starting Strength.

Eat a surplus of calories. Good whey protein + Multi vitamin. You will see results.

Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FreshLiam View Post
    If you are a beginner, get on a strength routine. Period. To gain size you need to have a decent base. This is where the strength routine will help.

Look into Madcows 5x5 or Rippetoes: Starting Strength.

Eat a surplus of calories. Good whey protein + Multi vitamin. You will see results.
    This. Get on a good strength program, like Rippetoes or Madcows. I'll recommend Starting Strength, but that's my opinion. I had good strength gains with Rippetoes program.
    +Triple H Crew+

PSN tag: Reaper9106
    **PS4 brah crew**
    **Haven't went to the gym since PS4 released crew**

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Doak6021 View Post
    I am not a beginner to lifting/dieting but I am a beginner to doing it right. I am also a beginner to lifting/dieting forums. For a long time I used poor training methods and diets to achieve my goals(Always fell short). Recently I started a diet/workout plan that has given me results I've never had. Nothing extreme, but definitely better than before.

Goal: Get stronger and gain a lot of good(lean) weight. Afterwards, I wanna go on whatever diet will bring my body fat down. I don't wanna be bodybuilder extreme, I just wanna look good.

Diet:
    7 AM: Wheat flakes, banana, skim milk. Everyday b/c it is so easy
    10 AM: Weight gainer.
    1 PM: balanced meal
    3:00 PM: Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Beta Alanine
    3:30 PM: work out
    4:30 PM: GNC's Mass XXX shake(creatine, whey, BCAAs, good carbs, tastes great)
    6:30 PM: Balanced meal
    10 PM: Balanced meal

Workout:
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Shoulders
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Arms
    2 days off
    Repeat
    Every 4-5 weeks I change the reps/exercises I do for each body part.

After reading countless articles online. Here are the few questions that I have.
    Should I take a protein in the AM with my meal?
    Should I take anything else pre workout?
    I'm gna pickup ZMA and casein protein for nighttime, do they make that big of a difference?
    Are there any obvious flaws to my plan that could make a major difference?

Hope I gave enough info. Sorry for so many questions. Any and all help is appreciated.
    Take protein half an hour before workout and immediately post workout. Make sure you get a large meal containing mostly protein and starch post workout.

ZMA and the other supplements probably don't do jack. Casein before bed is fine. Don't use weight gainers, they are often full of sugar. If you must have a shake and not a proper meal, mix whey and ground oatmeal.

You need to know that you are getting enough calories and protein - you don't list these in your diet plan

Don't do one bodypart per week, look at all_pros program in the sticky threads.

Doak6021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess I should of labeled the title a little different. I'm not a beginner. I have been lifting and dieting for quite a while(HS football). I just never really put much thought into the diet part. I was asking if someone could answer some of the questions that I asked in regards to my diet/workout. I've never been able to get my bench over a certain point(just one example) and my recent diet has helped big time. I was jut wondering if there was anymore I could be doing.