Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I believe workers should have the "right" to be able to choose not to work over 40hrs

I believe workers should have the "right" to be able to choose not to work over 40hrs a week.

It's a form of slavery when workers are not able to choose how much they will work in a week.
    FX45: "I'm ending my debate with Lothar because I'm more mature" then ends his post with a picture of a old fat naked man(referring to Lothar).

Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I believe conservatives should push for this. I could see huge support for this type of bill from the common people. It will bring freedom to a large and growing number of people. A greater quality of life can be achieved. What's the point of living if you cannot live because your too busy working.
    FX45: "I'm ending my debate with Lothar because I'm more mature" then ends his post with a picture of a old fat naked man(referring to Lothar).

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

Then don't choose a job that make's you work over 40 hours a week.

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Emperiorjack View Post
    I believe workers should have the "right" to be able to choose not to work over 40hrs a week.

It's a form of slavery when workers are not able to choose how much they will work in a week.
    They can....

and the organization has the "right" to let the employee go for not completing his/her job.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Then don't choose a job that make's you work over 40 hours a week.
    Companies are taking advantage of people and you know it.

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    They can....

and the organization has the "right" to let the employee go for not completing his/her job.
    This is not what I'm talking about. People should not be forced to work over so many hours.

Shouldn't we reserve the right to choose when we can go home after a set time of labor? To choose to would be fine but to be forced to is to be taken advantage of.

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is not what I'm talking about. People should not be forced to work over so many hours.
    if someone has to work 50 hours to complete their job then yes they should. What type of jobs are you talking about?

If you work an office job and can get your work done in 40 hours I am sure they would not require you to sit in your office for 10 extra hours and do nothing. Most people have to work extra hours to keep up with their workload. Thus if you cut out at 40 hours and did not complete your work you would be considered a poor performing employee and let go accordingly.
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So skip the salary job and get an hourly wage job.

if someone has to work 50 hours to complete their job then yes they should. What type of jobs are you talking about?

If you work an office job and can get your work done in 40 hours I am sure they would not require you to sit in your office for 10 extra hours and do nothing. Most people have to work extra hours to keep up with their workload. Thus if you cut out at 40 hours and did not complete your work you would be considered a poor performing employee and let go accordingly.
    Hire more people.

Do you know how stressful it is to have to work from morning to night and only have enough free time to clean yourself up and eat before heading to bed to sleep for the next day. It is like your life is slipping from your hands and you have no control over it. Slowly working yourself to the grave not having anytime to enjoy what is around him.

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know whats stressful?

Knowing that the guy next to you slack off making you and the rest of your coworkers have to work more until that guy can be replaced.

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Those workers also have a right to be unemployed....
    Kickin your azz everytime

You know how stressful it is to have to work from morning to night and only have enough free time to clean yourself up and eat before heading to bed to sleep for the next day. It is like your life is slipping from your hands and you have no control over it. Slowly working yourself to the grave not having anytime to enjoy what is around him.
    choose another career or another organization. Not every organization functions like that. If it is really that dissatisfying to everyone in the organization they would leave the job when another position opens up. This would end up costing the company a lot of money in turnover costs and the organization would either change the work they require each employee to do or they would eventually struggle to stay afloat.

blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you know how stressful it is to have to work from morning to night and only have enough free time to clean yourself up and eat before heading to bed to sleep for the next day. It is like your life is slipping from your hands and you have no control over it. Slowly working yourself to the grave not having anytime to enjoy what is around him.
    Do you know how stressful it is to work 70+ hours a week running a small business? Do you know how stressful it is to add more hours to that because your employee decides they want go home at 3 every day to watch Oprah?

choose another career or another organization. Not every organization functions like that. If it is really that dissatisfying to everyone in the organization they would leave the job when another position opens up. This would end up costing the company a lot of money in turnover costs and the organization would either change the work they require each employee to do or they would eventually struggle to stay afloat.
    I wish it worked that way.

Research shows that there is a lot of affect spillover from the work life to the home life and vice versa, so a smart organization would take this into account and make sure employees were satisfied with their work life. Obviously the orgs. you are talking about don't really care about this. Find one that does.

Originally Posted by kc3802 View Post
    Do you know how stressful it is to work 70+ hours a week running a small business? Do you know how stressful it is to add more hours to that because your employee decides they want go home at 3 every day to watch Oprah?
    If your that successful you would be able to afford to hire another employee.

OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This must be a troll job.

Option a)Quit said job
    Option b)Don't take the hours, as you are usually asked if you want to work the overtime
    Option c)Get paid hourly
    I'll FIX your PHONE son MAN.

blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000) blip63 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Research shows that there is a lot of affect spillover from the work life to the home life and vice versa, so a smart organization would take this into account and make sure employees were satisfied with their work life. Obviously the orgs. you are talking about don't really care about this. Find one that does.
    That's true. Companies spend a lot of time finding ways to improve employee retention. Working 40 hours a week isn't asking too much and if it's not your style just find another job.

Originally Posted by OatsandSteak View Post
    This must be a troll job.

Option a)Quit said job
    Option b)Don't take the hours, as you are usually asked if you want to work the overtime
    Option c)Get paid hourly
    You think the extra dollars would be able to erase the fact the you just lost a week of your life. Why should we be able to perform slavery because we are giving them money. Is this money not now the new whip?

If your that successful you would be able to afford to hire another employee.
    Say you had 20 employees and one of them wants to go home early every day and they don't finish your work. Who picks up the slack? Way to not address the point of my post.

Originally Posted by kc3802 View Post
    Say you had 20 employees and one of them wants to go home early every day and they don't finish your work. Who picks up the slack? Way to not address the point of my post.
    you have can have them for guaranteed 40 hours of labor. You set the schedule so you can get the work finished.

you have can have them for guaranteed 40 hours of labor. You set the schedule so you can get the work finished.
    once again what type of jobs are you talking about? Grocery stores?

Let's say you are a business consultant that handles clients. You can't just hand your clients over to someone else once the clock strikes 40.

I could see it now; "well Mr. Jones, my 40 hours is up, I know we were getting a lot done, but Terri here is going to take over for me. I will giver her my notes and let you guys continue".

That would go really well with building client relations and would also be very efficient.

OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You think the extra dollars would be able to erase the fact the you just lost a week of your life. Why should we be able to perform slavery because we are giving them money. Is this money not now the new whip?
    Troll?
    I'll FIX your PHONE son MAN.

potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potatoe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty sure thats called, "Part time". Check that box if thats what you want.

BRB not seeing patience at the doctors office because I'm only working 20hrs/wk.

People like the OP are called bums for a reason.

Strong lack of work ethic. You don't seem to have any drive in life.

Im so glad we have people here that don't believe in human rights.