peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachestke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Storing Vitamins and Supplements

I read an article about an Italian study in Men`s Health magazine which said vitamins (like a multi) and supplements degrade when stored above a certain temperature. Long story short (its not really that interesting) it recommends storing vitamins and supplements in the fridge.

Curious if anyone out there agrees with this.

Thanks

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I store my fish oil, probiotic, green tea, and vitamin b/d supplements in my fridge. No evidence to support doing so I just do it.
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

NewYorkKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just keep my sups. on top of my fridge

lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well, i keep my preworkout and Xtend in the trunk of my car. during the summers the preworkout usually clumps up and discolors. the taste became a little weird and the color changed to a brownish color (white flood and Jack3d) but still worked ok i thought.

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lax10fan View Post
    well, i keep my preworkout and Xtend in the trunk of my car. during the summers the preworkout usually clumps up and discolors. the taste became a little weird and the color changed to a brownish color (white flood and Jack3d) but still worked ok i thought.
    Why would you keep anything you ingest inside the trunk of your car during the summer? At least keep them somewhere in your house to keep them from getting spoiled.
    It has words and stuff

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NewYorkKid View Post
    Read somewhere that's the worst place to store them.

lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lax10fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    because im constantly going from work to the gym, both my work and gym are at the mall. makes no sense in driving home then back to the mall

thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thegatekeeper is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    because im constantly going from work to the gym, both my work and gym are at the mall. makes no sense in driving home then back to the mall
    Id atleast put them in a cooler in your trunk or cover them with a towel, heat can make the ingrediants break down. You can also think about prepacking your supps in your shaker and just bringing that to work.

I normally just keep mine in my room tempertures fine in here.

Put however many scoops you are going to use in your shaker bottle, then put that bottle in a bag with an ice pack. Keeps you from lugging around your supplements and increases their shelf lives.
    It has words and stuff

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by peachestke View Post
    I read an article about an Italian study in Men`s Health magazine which said vitamins (like a multi) and supplements degrade when stored above a certain temperature. Long story short (its not really that interesting) it recommends storing vitamins and supplements in the fridge.

Curious if anyone out there agrees with this.

Thanks
    horrible advice most articles i have read say not to store them in the fridge the constant change in tempeture and the high humidity ruin vitamins i do keep fish oil in the fridge though which is different.

Originally Posted by NewYorkKid View Post
    even worse the top of the fridge gets very hot its probably the worst place your can store your supps other then the oven and trunk of your car.

Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keeping them in the freezer will make them last longer... the warmer they are, the faster the rate of degradation. A 3 year expiry could be extended many more years if the **** is freezed. At drug companies in drug stability testing there is a specific equation they use to simulate long-term room-temp storage via accelerated heated storage.

But just curious why supps (such as Jack3d, with their wannabe drug labeling), other dietary supps, and prescription drugs say store between 58 and 77... what would be wrong with storing them colder? Would it cause a condensation reaction, or make the drug not as effective? (I know in Jack3d it would cause the already brittle brick in the tub to become unbreakable)
    Disclaimer: The above statments represent my own opinion. The above statements do not constitute medical advice.

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Acetyl-CoA View Post
    Keeping them in the freezer will make them last longer... the warmer they are, the faster the rate of degradation. A 3 year expiry could be extended many more years if the **** is freezed. At drug companies in drug stability testing there is a specific equation they use to simulate long-term room-temp storage via accelerated heated storage.

But just curious why supps (such as Jack3d, with their wannabe drug labeling), other dietary supps, and prescription drugs say store between 58 and 77... what would be wrong with storing them colder? Would it cause a condensation reaction, or make the drug not as effective? (I know in Jack3d it would cause the already brittle brick in the tub to become unbreakable)
    yea i tried storing my white flood in the freezer an lots of moisture built up inside and outside the tub it probably did more harm then good.