Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by romyantoine View Post
    using the lat pull down machine incorrectly
    i lol'd

SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeverianB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to spend a lot of time on the back row of treadmills, watching the girls soccer team work out on the front row of treadmills.
    I take it back, that WASN'T a waste of time.

imacat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PalmarLegacy View Post
    ...You're one to give advice. Look at that ridiculous physique you have to, unfortunately, call a body. If I looked like that I'd get into Sub-Saharin African modeling, because bro, you look sick.

Anyways, when someone drops the weight, whether benching, shoulder pressing, whatever with dumbells, they a nOOb. If you dont have the strength to lower the weight to the ground, then dont use it. I've never had a problem dropping the weight, I can control it because I've built the strength and dont go beyond what I cant lift. And think about it, respect the weights you use to build that body, with all the dropping you pose more of a risk in breaking them. But In your case, you dont seem to care, and why would you? Check out those inverted bi's...

People like you piss me off so bad. Go do P90x and take some creatine steroids, junior. I'm done.
    You never try to break PR's? U never go to the maximum?

For me, it just depends on the type of floor. My gym does not have an absorbing floor, so I dont drop them. If u have a decent gym with a good floor, dropping the weight doesnt even make much noise.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squatting in a smith machine I found is difficult.

JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JrM703 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Disagree with No. 6.

The guy on the flat bench before me has been sneezing all over his hands, is sweating like a pig, and you are telling me I don't need to get a cleaning wipe, and wipe down the bench? Have fun being sick half the year or contracting a bad form of staph infection.

I go into the gym knowing what weight I am going to use, and how relatively difficult it will be to get it up or not (keep a log). Unless I am maxing, I don't have to or see the need to slam down dumbbells, which can be dangerous, and annoying. If you are consistently having difficulty controlling the weights you should lower the amount, particularly since your form is most likely suffering as well.

Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000) Maritime13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh No more tears op
    Boston
    Sailor Crew
    Shredu>Zyzz

AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10) AV7X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheRighteous View Post
    The Smith Machine squat just killed the motivation.
    lmao you would say that.. likesboysobviously
    "When everything seems like an uphill battle, just think of the view from the top"

dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love working out at places like LA Fitness... so many attractive fit females.
    ACE CPT | StrongFirst SFG I | Student Physical Therapist

Instagram: @dannywfitness
    ********: /dannywilliamsfitness

Helping people to live a balanced lifestyle, move better, and achieve their ideal bodyweight.

codiac2600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codiac2600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codiac2600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some of the points were really good. I know it's been beaten to death but the weight dropping part is really bad.

I understand when you lift big and I'm talking 100+ lb dumbbell cheat presses an what not but you should be smart enough to have a spotter to help you reel in the weight and set it down.

I'm no pro bodybuilder but a good chunk of the people I have trained with in my life are and every single one of them always follow the simple rules of the gym. Be clean, be neat, put your weights back and don't be a noise machine.

I keep my sanitation wipes in my pocket so I can wipe down as soon as I get off the machine so no wasted time. If you're walking all the way over to the other side of the gm to wipe then stuff a few in your pockets.

If you're lifting so heavy that you fail to the point of not being able to control the weight and have to drop weights get a lifting parter. You don't need to max at 180lbs dumbbell curls and thrown weights everywhere. Do seated curls and set stuff down at least somewhat appropriately or like I said lift with someone and they can guide the weights and build of their intensity as well.

Btw, zero people I have ever worked with have ever hurt themselves setting weights down so if that helps. But I have seen a kid drop a weight and break his phone the other week.

Better tips:

1. If you have awesome floors that absorb shock at your gym drop the weights if need be. If not then try ad set them down.

2. Keep cleanup wipes in your pocket to speed up the cleaning phase.

3. If you can't handle the weight always get a lifting partner and practice good lifting technique.

4. Be nice to people and believe me if they aren't nice back who cares.

alex192 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok let me start off with this I might not be the strongest or the best lifter on here but I can easily say that if you slam your weights your a noob the only time you should let the weights slam is if you are maxing on dead lifts or if you drop the weights (which that shouldn't happen) get a spotter if you cant set the weight down by yourself because chances are if you cant set down your incredibly HEAVY weights 40 lbs+ lol then you probably don't know what your doing in the gym either

Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Mind=Blown

MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeKov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am new to the gym and working out but I always ask questions and do exactly what my trainer says, as I know he knows best

Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Golden138 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL at all the drama....*Goes back to looking at the motivation pic*

romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100) romyantoine is not very well liked. (-100)

5 Mistakes Noobs Make

What do you think about these tips for noobs? Good list?
    http://www.rippednfit.com/everything...s-corrections/
    RomyRome

www.rippednfit.com for motivation, education, inspiration

footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100) footsy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    8) Chatting, giving advice, talking nonsense. It's perfectly fine to chat with a couple people to get to know them. It's perfectly fine to ask advice from someone about a certain exercise when they are done with their sets. --- What's not fine is when you're going out of your way to give advice to someone else. Unless you're Schwarzenegger himself, or a professional body builder or trainer, you have no reason to give advice unless what the person is doing can lead to injury (then go ahead give advice).

Also don't be annoyed when people give you advice, I take their advice and give my appreciation even when I find it annoying. It's good to chat and make friends with people who work out often, but don't get in the way of their work-out and don't waste their time.

I had an average looking guy in JEANS... IN JEANS... in the gym... telling me how to do dumbbell flyes, when I had already looked up how to do it online years ago.
    I'm always scared that I'm doing something wrong because I'm looking up something new on iFitness. Makes me insecure at times when I'm trying something new, but that gives me some good perception.

Dyslexic Superhero InhudibleCrelk's Avatar
    InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    quarter reps... half reps....

i always laugh (and try to outwardly and in a noticeable fashion) at these guys. loading up the squat rack and doing a quarter or half rep... going no where near parallel (which makes squatting pointless, you're only cheating yourself and making yourself look like a douche to those of us that know better)
    same goes on the bench press... these guys loading up the bar and dropping 2-4 inches and calling it a rep. get your head out of your arse and drop the weight and do a full rep.

I'm far more impressed by a guy with 135 on the bar who pushes himself for reps and makes a noticeable effort (regardless of the weight) versus the clown who's throwing on big weight (cuz it looks cool and he can say "I benched blah blah blah) and doing partials.

You're muscles don't know numbers... just resistance and workload... stop worrying about what's on the bar and get something out of the workout instead.

happymng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The girl in the picture is so hot that I admire so much!

eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey OP... are you sure you don't go to my gym? LOL
    Nothing gets in the way of our progress more than ourselves.

Lose the mindset that everything and everyone is the reason you aren't where you want to be.

YOU are the reason you are where you are.

The biggest problem with people are the excuses they make.

Dwight Schrute Gun Show Jamesness's Avatar
    Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamesness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PalmarLegacy View Post
    ...You're one to give advice. Look at that ridiculous physique you have to, unfortunately, call a body. If I looked like that I'd get into Sub-Saharin African modeling, because bro, you look sick.

Anyways, when someone drops the weight, whether benching, shoulder pressing, whatever with dumbells, they a nOOb. If you dont have the strength to lower the weight to the ground, then dont use it. I've never had a problem dropping the weight, I can control it because I've built the strength and dont go beyond what I cant lift. And think about it, respect the weights you use to build that body, with all the dropping you pose more of a risk in breaking them. But In your case, you dont seem to care, and why would you? Check out those inverted bi's...

People like you piss me off so bad. Go do P90x and take some creatine steroids, junior. I'm done.
    Agreed, OP has no credibility and is simple a little man standing on a soapbox.
    Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Panthers

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by InhudibleCrelk View Post
    quarter reps... half reps....

i always laugh (and try to outwardly and in a noticeable fashion) at these guys. loading up the squat rack and doing a quarter or half rep... going no where near parallel (which makes squatting pointless, you're only cheating yourself and making yourself look like a douche to those of us that know better)
    same goes on the bench press... these guys loading up the bar and dropping 2-4 inches and calling it a rep. get your head out of your arse and drop the weight and do a full rep.

I'm far more impressed by a guy with 135 on the bar who pushes himself for reps and makes a noticeable effort (regardless of the weight) versus the clown who's throwing on big weight (cuz it looks cool and he can say "I benched blah blah blah) and doing partials.

You're muscles don't know numbers... just resistance and workload... stop worrying about what's on the bar and get something out of the workout instead.
    I cant agree with you more. I always see some skinny dbags at the gym loading up the leg press with 10 plates, then manage to do a 1/5 rep and think he is bad ass.

Registered User christinathomas's Avatar
    christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow, you nailed all of 'em! Couldn't agree more.

Arenex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arenex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arenex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arenex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice one

Registered User WannaGetYoked27's Avatar
    WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dropping weights is unnecessary and makes you look like a tool.

Also, slamming the weight stack when you are done with a set. This guy at my work started working out so I met him at the gym to show him my routine. We were doing triceps with the rope and after every set he would literally slam the hell out of the weight, he also did this on the fly machine. I had to shame him at the end of the workout and tell him it's embarrassing and makes him look like a douche

As for wasting time, IMO talking to people at the gym is a waste of time. I get an hour in the morning to workout so I'm in there full of white flood, headphones blaring and go to work. These morons are in there doing a set then standing there having coffee with each other for 10 mins.

Nonsense

keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithwong12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetYoked27 View Post
    Dropping weights is unnecessary and makes you look like a tool.

Nonsense
    What about deadlifts?

Registered User WannaGetYoked27's Avatar
    WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by keithwong12 View Post
    What about deadlifts?
    Sorry should've specified dumbells

Registered User meatloafsammich's Avatar
    meatloafsammich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about the guys that grunt as loud as possible while doing half-reps, who then drop the weights for effect. I dont know about ya'll, but I will openly laugh at loud at this kind of behavior. These douches need to be put on blast

Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This thread makes me glad I don't go to a globo-gym anymore.
    Dirty Leb Crew
    US Army Infantry 2009-2013 'Murica

Registered User TheBuddahStatue's Avatar
    TheBuddahStatue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate when people use their whole entire backs when they are doing bicep curls. You're not reeling in a fish...

so I was using the seat to do my shoulder presses right. I stood up and grabbed a lighter weight. 10 seconds max.
    and old guy came and put his water bottle down near my seat to mark his territory. then he proceed to stand behind it doing some curls.
    I was like WTF.

Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hahaha some of these points are funny because they are true, sometimes i start having a conversation with a buddy then drift off talking about nonsese for 15 mins