Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zach1492 View Post
    I must have been disturbed by something while I was in my last stage of a cycle before then, or maybe there was an excess of whatever neurochemical helps to block out your muscle movement because I distinctly remember a time in which I was fully aware of myself and surroundings but I could not move for about 10 seconds upon waking up.
    Yup, REM brah.

Originally Posted by danwilkinson1 View Post
    I woke up this morn, knew it was the end of a cycle. But i went back to sleep, does this mean i'll wake up at the end of another cycle naturally or was that bad for me?
    Yes, you'll wake up at the end of another one. Read my reply to Suplexdeath below.

Originally Posted by Suplexdeath View Post
    ok so i should go to sleep without an alarm set and see how long i sleep and start setting my alarm for as long as i slept?
    Yes, but then try subtracting 1 cycle and setting your alarm clock to that. Then, see whether you feel energetic all day. If you do, subtract again and see. Don't let your body sleep "on empty". = Time saved. = Profit.

Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Agumon View Post

Yes, but then try subtracting 1 cycle and setting your alarm clock to that. Then, see whether you feel energetic all day. If you do, subtract again and see. Don't let your body sleep "on empty". = Time saved. = Profit.
    subtract one cycle? i thought each cycle would be different

also do your cycles get shorter as you get older?

Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Suplexdeath View Post
    subtract one cycle? i thought each cycle would be different

also do your cycles get shorter as you get older?
    What do you mean by "different"? Each cycle has 5 stages. Cycles repeat. So what I'm saying is, if you subtract one cycle from the total number of hours you've slept, and you still feel energetic throughout the day, then set your alarm clock to that time and not to the latter time.

I've never heard about cycles getting shorter as you get older, so my answer is no.

AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very interesting! Thanks.

whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whati has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i still think i feel better after a longer sleep

Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Aasm dose not recognise stage 4 any more. You info is about 99% right and is written better than I coulda done awesome job + rep

Ps I'm a polysomnograph tech with to much experience

Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500) Crash001 is not very helpful. (-500)
    What do you mean by "different"? Each cycle has 5 stages. Cycles repeat. So what I'm saying is, if you subtract one cycle from the total number of hours you've slept, and you still feel energetic throughout the day, then set your alarm clock to that time and not to the latter time.

I've never heard about cycles getting shorter as you get older, so my answer is no.
    They do change you go though different stages at different lengths with rem becoming more and more lengthy

Originally Posted by HuggerMugger View Post
    If I may ask, how come I always wake up around the same hour? I've slept at 10:30, and have woken up at 9, but at the same time, I've also slept at 3 in the morning, and woke up 6 hours later. Any explanation?
    Google sleep hygiene

Sleep hygiene is the most important thing everyone should work on if you go to bed and wake up around the same time your body is used to having that amount of sleep, there was a study done and they were trying to find out why people in prison gain mass so quickly. It was determined that they sleep and avg of 10 hours ( not always a good idea it depends on age and many other factors)
    When the body enters rem it's releases hgh it repairs all the damage your body has encountered during the day so a little extra sleep on days that you lift harder then usual might help it also explains why you get so tired. Sorry kinda thread jacked but I'm board at work watching people sleep and their brain waves gets really boring.

Originally Posted by Crash001 View Post
    Aasm dose not recognise stage 4 any more. You info is about 99% right and is written better than I coulda done awesome job + rep

Ps I'm a polysomnograph tech with to much experience
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by Crash001 View Post
    They do change you go though different stages at different lengths with rem becoming more and more lengthy
    You mean during life or one night? I was talking about life, but not too sure on that one.

Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    THE IMPORTANT THING: There are 2 ways in which you can wake up. Full of energy and positivity or completely tired with a bad mood. These 2 are NOT a result of either sleeping more or less; they are a result of you either waking up at the end of a particular cycle, or cancelling a cycle by being interrupted by an external source.
    So if I wake up naturally or automatically without any interruptions, that's when I'll have just successfully finished a cycle and I'll feel energetic and positive?

What about my alarm clock (an external source)? I have it set for 7:00AM daily. If it happens to ring during a cycle, you're saying I'm screwed and will wake up feeling "completely tired with a bad mood" regardless of how much sleep I got that night?

Originally Posted by Mentoc View Post
    So if I wake up naturally or automatically without any interruptions, that's when I'll have just successfully finished a cycle and I'll feel energetic and positive?

What about my alarm clock (an external source)? I have it set for 7:00AM daily. If it happens to ring during a cycle, you're saying I'm screwed and will wake up feeling "completely tired with a bad mood" regardless of how much sleep I got that night?
    Yes and yes.

For your second question, even if you slept 20 hours and woke up, you'd feel bad at that moment. But during the day you'd have masses of energy. The cycles have to do with the waking up moment, overall daily energy is determined by the amount of sleep you receive.

Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mentoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes and yes.

For your second question, even if you slept 20 hours and woke up, you'd feel bad at that moment. But during the day you'd have masses of energy. The cycles have to do with the waking up moment, overall daily energy is determined by the amount of sleep you receive.
    And how long does that moment last, 15 minutes - 1 hour? I'll bet you'd feel better after eating breakfast within an hour of waking up regardless of whether you landed on a cycle.

If I'll have masses of energy during the day due to my amount of sleep (8+ hours), why does this cycle stuff even matter?
    Last edited by Mentoc; 09-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.

And how long does that moment last, 15 minutes - 1 hour? I'll bet you'd feel better after eating breakfast within an hour of waking up regardless of whether you landed on a cycle.

If I'll have masses of energy during the day due to my amount of sleep (8+ hours), why does this cycle stuff even matter?
    Depends, usually 20 minutes or so.

It matters for tons of reasons, each being different for different people. For example, some people have major difficulties getting up; this would help them. Some people want to go for a short nap and exercise right after they wake up. Some people's habits mess up their biological clock so bad that they need this information to recover. This stuff changed my life, back in the day.

Your question has been asked before, if you want a more thorough answer, look up some of the older posts. Good luck.

K, guys. Lets all sleep until our bodies automatically wake us up without external interruption. It will be totally worth it because well feel good for 20 minutes or so.

DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarkBoss123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also i just wanna clarify:
    Feeling good in the morning is because you woke up at the end of a cycle
    Having energy throughout the day is because you got enough sleep, regardless of when you woke up.
    Is this correct?

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so how can u fix if u woke up before a cycle finished? cause i went to bed last night... woke up a bit early today and felt good but since its a holyday decided to sleep a bit more but now i woke up tired as **** man... should i try going to sleep again or just forget about it
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    DEADLIFT- 445 (x 6 W/CHALK)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8
    PULLUPS- bw+70lbs-3x8- MAX 110lbs added so around 305 total weight.

-STOP BEING A "FRIEND" AND FINISH THE DEAL.
    betheseducer.com {meet women,attract women,seduce women}

NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobSocks112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Such as people waking you up, traffic, wanting to pee etc. Have you not read the thread at all?!

If you sleep well for 2 weeks, the patches will go, although I am sure there are creams for it but there's no need; sleep will cure it.
    Is there anything i can do concurrently with sleeping better in order to get rid of my dark circles. List as many health tips as possible.

Originally Posted by NoobSocks112 View Post
    Is there anything i can do concurrently with sleeping better in order to get rid of my dark circles. List as many health tips as possible.
    Get 8 hrs of sleep
    Minimize your salt intake
    Drink plenty water
    Minimize time behind the monitor

DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000) DotheDew563 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure if this has been asked already so I apologize but I would like to know what this is called.

You know when you sleep and sometimes you'll 'wake up' but your body is freakin paralyzed. I've had it happen to me once and at first I thought I was having a lucid dream but then I realized I could move my eyes. Couldn't control my breathing or anything, just complete paralysis. Lasted only like 5 mins though but it was pretty damn scary.

KaleTheTank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats some good but practical information! thank you!

ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000) ProGains is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I learned all of this in school in 9th grade. Don't they teach all 9th graders about sleep in science?

K, guys. Lets all sleep until our bodies automatically wake us up without external interruption. It will be totally worth it because well feel good for 20 minutes or so.
    If you weren't an ignorant phuck, you would read the other posts and see what problems other people are having and how this thread helped them. It's not about sleeping "until our bodies wake us up", this info has so much potential and flexibility, you would realise that if you had a brain. Would this thread get a sticky if it was that simple? No, it wouldn't. This is my final reply to you, GTFO.

Negged.

Originally Posted by DarkBoss123 View Post
    Also i just wanna clarify:
    Feeling good in the morning is because you woke up at the end of a cycle
    Having energy throughout the day is because you got enough sleep, regardless of when you woke up.
    Is this correct?
    Yes sir.

Originally Posted by Mata Leao View Post
    so how can u fix if u woke up before a cycle finished? cause i went to bed last night... woke up a bit early today and felt good but since its a holyday decided to sleep a bit more but now i woke up tired as **** man... should i try going to sleep again or just forget about it
    If you think you got enough hours of sleep, forget about it .

Originally Posted by NoobSocks112 View Post
    http://www.getallabout.com/dark-spots-under-eye/

Originally Posted by DotheDew563 View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked already so I apologize but I would like to know what this is called.

You know when you sleep and sometimes you'll 'wake up' but your body is freakin paralyzed. I've had it happen to me once and at first I thought I was having a lucid dream but then I realized I could move my eyes. Couldn't control my breathing or anything, just complete paralysis. Lasted only like 5 mins though but it was pretty damn scary.
    You woke up in your REM stage, look at its effects in the thread. Nothing you should worry about.

Originally Posted by KaleTheTank View Post
    thats some good but practical information! thank you!
    No problem.

Originally Posted by ProGains View Post
    I learned all of this in school in 9th grade. Don't they teach all 9th graders about sleep in science?
    No.

You woke up in your REM stage, look at its effects in the thread. Nothing you should worry about.

No problem.

No.[/QUOTE]
    How often dose this happen if more than once a month see a doctor it could be sighns of narcolepsy. Expecly if u feel tired alot. narcolepsy dose not mean u randomly fall asleep. It can be treated with meds doc will have you take an epworth test then figure ou the next step ( epwoth scale test is just answer 8 questions)

Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smoko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is amazing
    όλα ή τίποτα

Link to my latest log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158637713&p=1171760983#post1171760983

LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great thread.

The trick is eliminating all those outside distractions that wake you up before your cycles are over...... stupid 8ams....
    To live is Christ, to die is gain. -Phil. 1:21
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - For Lifeee!
    360 Tag = L1ghtForce

Juggernaut Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649301213#post649301213

Jiahao12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very nice post.
    I did an informative speech about sleeping cycles in my introduction to speech class.
    As I was researching the topic, I learned that if we wake up during the the REM stage, our body will make up for it by having a longer period of REM the next time we sleep.
    This might also apply if we do not get enough REM sleep.

Something like that... -_- i forgot what it said exactly.

Originally Posted by LightForce View Post
    Great thread.

The trick is eliminating all those outside distractions that wake you up before your cycles are over...... stupid 8ams....
    You said it ...

Originally Posted by Jiahao12 View Post
    very nice post.
    I did an informative speech about sleeping cycles in my introduction to speech class.
    As I was researching the topic, I learned that if we wake up during the the REM stage, our body will make up for it by having a longer period of REM the next time we sleep.
    This might also apply if we do not get enough REM sleep.

Something like that... -_- i forgot what it said exactly.
    You are correct sir .

Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mustang_04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that was pretty interesting thanks for posting it

JustDoIt979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    makes so much since.. sometimes i will wake up around 6 feelin amazing, then go back to sleep and wake up around 8 by my clock and be super tired..

64259025J7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I see what you're asking, good question. I find that I also do what you do; but I don't think that's because the brain adapts. In my opinion it's to do with the "biological clock" where the body remembers the sleep patterns. I used to wake up before my alarm, I usually felt pretty stressed and I think that counts as an interruption because I subconsciously knew that the alarm was going to ring soon and my body knew the annoying feeling that occurs when it goes off, so I automatically woke up earlier. If you let the biological clock know that you're interrupted at 6:30AM everyday, it will remember that and IMO it will wake you up beforehand. So in a way, I guess you could say that the brain "adapts".

Really depends on whether you wake up energetic or tired. If you wake up at 6:15AM and you feel good, that must mean it's the end of a cycle, therefore just set your alarm to 6:15 or just go to sleep 15 minutes later (the previous day). If you wake up tired before the alarm like I used to, that must be because of nerves and subconscious fear of the alarm clock.
    I would definitely have to agree with this. I would love the feeling of waking up and seeing the clock, realizing I still have "X" hours of sleep left until work/school. I'm guessing this would be, me coming out of a cycle. On the flip side I hate waking up just moments before my alarm goes off. Like you said, its our brain that "adapts" not so much the "cycles."