Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by p90mikey View Post
    I often will wakeup about an hour to two hours before i need to get up (typically after about 4-5 hours of sleep) and feel energetic and ready to start my day. However I go back to sleep until I *need* to get up and I usually feel more tired when I actually get up.

I should try starting my day when I naturally awake and going to bed earlier to make up for the sleep.

Nice write-up, repped
    You said everything correctly until the last part. If you feel energetic in your day with 5 hours of sleep, that means it's all you need. You don't need to "make up" for anything, enjoy your longer day! You can go to bed later so you wake up when you *need* to get up.

And thanks, best of luck to you!

benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Amazing post bro repped for life. this is very useful info

also

Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000) Agumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by benzz View Post
    Amazing post bro repped for life. this is very useful info

also

LOL thanks but what the hell is up with the cat? I keep seeing it on every thread ...

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The simplest way to wake up awake is try to sleep as long as a multiple of 90. So 1 1/2 hours, 3 hours, 4 1/2 hours, 6 hours, 7 1/2 hours, 9 hours, etc, though I can't see many people going past 9 hours. You'll almost always feel awake and ready to go if you do this.

Originally Posted by SeanP35 View Post
    The simplest way to wake up awake is try to sleep as long as a multiple of 90. So 1 1/2 hours, 3 hours, 4 1/2 hours, 6 hours, 7 1/2 hours, 9 hours, etc, though I can't see many people going past 9 hours. You'll almost always feel awake and ready to go if you do this.
    Yes but 90 minutes is an average. So people with 60 minutes would obviously have the options of 1 hour, 2, 3, 4 etc...

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Agumon View Post
    Yes but 90 minutes is an average. So people with 60 minutes would obviously have the options of 1 hour, 2, 3, 4 etc...
    It is far more common for the sleep cycle to last approximately 90 minutes, though it has the possibility to vary from 60 to 90. Chances are you're never going to know exactly how long your sleep cycle lasts.

Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roman_God is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    4-6hrs is an optimal battery recharge for this Machine right here!

Originally Posted by SeanP35 View Post
    It is far more common for the sleep cycle to last approximately 90 minutes, though it has the possibility to vary from 60 to 90. Chances are you're never going to know exactly how long your sleep cycle lasts.
    Yes it's common, and it can vary from 60 to 120. You can work out how long your sleep cycle lasts, you can do a plan that will last for a week where you go to sleep at the same time everyday, do the math for the sleep cycles and then make an average.

I found out my precise sleep cycle duration that way.

Originally Posted by Roman_God View Post
    4-6hrs is an optimal battery recharge for this Machine right here!
    Good for you! It's either gonna be 4 or 6 though, I'd stick with the 6 .

musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yes it's common, and it can vary from 60 to 120. You can work out how long your sleep cycle lasts, you can do a plan that will last for a week where you go to sleep at the same time everyday, do the math for the sleep cycles and then make an average.

I found out my precise sleep cycle duration that way.

Good for you! It's either gonna be 4 or 6 though, I'd stick with the 6 .
    bump
    # Good Musical Taste Crew

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***
    **Never Ever getting a vasectomy crew**

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome!!! Thanks a lot for all this
    live.laugh.lift

mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) mapleridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tigerstyle96 View Post
    Learnt this in psychology....all the different REM stages and what not..

good read nonetheless.
    yeah me too
    its funny though, i'm paying more attention now then i was in class ahaha
    gym for life.

Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
    yeah me too
    its funny though, i'm paying more attention now then i was in class ahaha
    Must be my amazing writing skeelz .

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great read, i already knew about all the sleep cycles and whatnot, but I have one question thats semi-related:
    If I sleep in multiples of 90 minutes from the time I fall asleep, how do I know exactly when I fall asleep, and then add a multiple of 90 minute to it?

xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50) xhaihappen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well since you sometimes "wake up fresh and fit", it means you have just finished a cycle. And if you're "dead" after 4-5 hours even if you wake up fresh, it means you just need more than 8-9 hours of sleep. This is pretty unusual and yes it might be because of all the sleepless nights in your early teens. Try sleeping for much longer for 2 weeks and then go back to 8-9 hours again and see how you feel. Best of luck!

P.S. Nice to see a German teen among us!
    Thanks for the tips man! Will try! And don't you ever dare to call me German!
    Hahaha, jk I'm Romanian though. But I guess you can call me the German teen xD
    https://********.com/RobNUtrition/

Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So Agumon, after knowing all this you now always get a great night of sleep and don't feel tired/sleepy througout the day anymore?

I really hope I can crack this. I'm a person that really needs a good night of sleep to function properly throughout the day. But it seems I have rarely ever woken up at the perfect moment when the cycles end. I am absolutely not a mourning person, but one day I woke up at 5:30 after about 9 hours of sleep and I felt so energized and my eyes wouldn't close anymore lol. I wish I woke up that way every day.

Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe15mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXQTDjsqxIU

Sounds like this Sleep Cycle from Iphone does everything for you.
    Is there any other device like this out there? I don't feel like buying an Iphone just to be able to use this Sleep Cycle thing.

Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    Great read, i already knew about all the sleep cycles and whatnot, but I have one question thats semi-related:
    If I sleep in multiples of 90 minutes from the time I fall asleep, how do I know exactly when I fall asleep, and then add a multiple of 90 minute to it?
    Guess the time you take to fall asleep. I usually take 10 minutes, roughly.

Or take a clock / watch into your bed and keep looking at how many minutes have passed (while trying to fall asleep), keep remembering this... In the morning you will have the time it took you to sleep recorded in your head.

Alternatively, you can always get someone else to time you.

Remember though, 90 minutes is only an average. Plus, I hope you meant 'additions' of 90, and not "multiples" .

Originally Posted by xhaihappen View Post
    Thanks for the tips man! Will try! And don't you ever dare to call me German!
    Hahaha, jk I'm Romanian though. But I guess you can call me the German teen xD
    Heh, I assumed that from your "Location", I'm guessing you just live in Germany then?

Originally Posted by Joe15mass View Post
    So Agumon, after knowing all this you now always get a great night of sleep and don't feel tired/sleepy througout the day anymore?

I really hope I can crack this. I'm a person that really needs a good night of sleep to function properly throughout the day. But it seems I have rarely ever woken up at the perfect moment when the cycles end. I am absolutely not a mourning person, but one day I woke up at 5:30 after about 9 hours of sleep and I felt so energized and my eyes wouldn't close anymore lol. I wish I woke up that way every day.
    Yes, I always get good sleep and never feel tired anymore. And you say you woke up after 9 hours of sleep and felt great... How many hours do you sleep through usually? Provide me with more details so I can help you out.

P.S. If you learn these things, you don't need any app to help you at all.

Guess the time you take to fall asleep. I usually take 10 minutes, roughly.

Or take a clock / watch into your bed and keep looking at how many minutes have passed (while trying to fall asleep), keep remembering this... In the morning you will have the time it took you to sleep recorded in your head.

Alternatively, you can always get someone else to time you.

Remember though, 90 minutes is only an average. Plus, I hope you meant 'additions' of 90, and not "multiples" .

Heh, I assumed that from your "Location", I'm guessing you just live in Germany then?

Yes, I always get good sleep and never feel tired anymore. And you say you woke up after 9 hours of sleep and felt great... How many hours do you sleep through usually? Provide me with more details so I can help you out.

P.S. If you learn these things, you don't need any app to help you at all.
    I usually sleep 6 to 7 hours. I always notice it being better when I sleep 8 or more hours. I think the perfect amount is somewhere around 8.5 and 9 hours but it's hard to get it right.

Originally Posted by Joe15mass View Post
    I usually sleep 6 to 7 hours. I always notice it being better when I sleep 8 or more hours. I think the perfect amount is somewhere around 8.5 and 9 hours but it's hard to get it right.
    Eliminate disturbances and just keep sleeping. When you wake up naturally, look at how many hours you've slept and that will be the time you need daily.

If you're always tired, 6 to 7 hours can't be enough for you.

ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sweet
    ***COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW***
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***
    Twinlab Militia Member

"Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130261613&page=43

paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000) paulpker121 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great thread, thanks a ton for the in depth help over PM.
    follow my summer transformation log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167874571
    Instagram - betterrcallpaul
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulli17

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I need about 5 hours of sleep daily.
    Yesterday I fell asleep around 11:30 pm, and woke up at 5:13am on my own, an I feel great!

panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, as I said in the thread (highlighted red writing), you need a certain amount of hours where your body completes all its processes needed for a healthy day. Waking up feeling great isn't everything. The amount of hours needed varies from person to person and some DO only need 2, but those are rare cases.

So when you find out how many hours you need and what your sleep cycle duration is, adjust your bedtime so that when the alarm goes off, you will have just finished a cycle, resulting in you feeling great AND having lots of energy throughout the whole day .
    how are you supposed to find out how many hours you need and your sleep cycle? like is it just a guessing game? cause if i go to sleep and sleep till i wake up its usually like 10 hours and i wake up feeling like ****. i dont think ive ever in my life woken up feeling good and in a good mood and im ALWAYSSS tired throughout my day

lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lmaonade123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "If you naturally wake up earlier than most people (without interruptions), that will mean you need less cycles than most people."

So if I naturally wake up after 12-13 hours of sleep I should try to get that much daily? Because I can honestly say that's not gonna work out.

tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tastro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great article mate! this one should be sticked. thank you.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I learned all of this in anatomy and physiology, but thanks I guess.

RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapBlacksmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    any tips on how to fall asleep. thats what i have trouble with
    sometimes i lie in bed for over an hour
    my site - http://lyricallyarticulate.com/

hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont forget about sleep paralysis. that sht is fkin hella scary especially when u start seeing scary sht or cant breath.

hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hot4hotz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    btw what type of workout like legs, biceps, etc. would u be doing if u were doing deadlifts

Originally Posted by paulpker121 View Post
    Great thread, thanks a ton for the in depth help over PM.
    No problem man, if you got more questions, ask away!

Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    I think I need about 5 hours of sleep daily.
    Yesterday I fell asleep around 11:30 pm, and woke up at 5:13am on my own, an I feel great!
    Good for you, keep it up .

Originally Posted by panaxxIX View Post
    how are you supposed to find out how many hours you need and your sleep cycle? like is it just a guessing game? cause if i go to sleep and sleep till i wake up its usually like 10 hours and i wake up feeling like ****. i dont think ive ever in my life woken up feeling good and in a good mood and im ALWAYSSS tired throughout my day
    Eliminate disturbances and try again. If you sleep for 10 hours and wake up naturally + feel great, that'll mean you have just ended a cycle. You most likely won't need as much as 10 hours, so subtract 90 minutes from that the next night and see how you feel in the morning. You gotta experiment with these things, it's always different for everyone.

In my above posts I gave instructions on how to find your sleep cycle duration; read it and try it .

Originally Posted by ********123 View Post
    "If you naturally wake up earlier than most people (without interruptions), that will mean you need less cycles than most people."

So if I naturally wake up after 12-13 hours of sleep I should try to get that much daily? Because I can honestly say that's not gonna work out.
    No, because in most cases people don't need 12-13 hours of sleep. If you do that, you're just repeating cycles on empty and not doing anything useful. Reduce the amount to around 8-9 hours; if you feel fine, reduce it further and see how you feel. The lower the better, since you would save so much time in the day.

Originally Posted by tastro View Post
    great article mate! this one should be sticked. thank you.
    Thanks for the support bro!

Originally Posted by RapBlacksmith View Post
    any tips on how to fall asleep. thats what i have trouble with
    sometimes i lie in bed for over an hour
    Create a calm, cool, quiet & dark environment, make sure you're warm under your blankets. Grab a bite to eat before bed too. When lying down, put your arms flat on your bed, parallel to your body, so that the blood flow is supported. Sometimes people masturbate to help them relax the muscles and sleep.

Apart from that, I always find this very helpful; get into your usual sleeping position, shut your eyes and force yourself not to move at all. After a while you'll just fall asleep, this always helps me if I'm having trouble. Best of luck!