Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    i got a title jumbo ball finally. its pretty fun .

This ball is so ****ing awesome.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it is. when it comes back on sale you should get one, or back order it. its only $40 .
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it is. when it comes back on sale you should get one, or back order it. its only $40 .
    http ://store.titleboxing.com/jumboball.html says the regular price is $39.99 right now. It looks like it has to be ceiling and floor attached though? I cant do either. That just seems like much more fun than standing around a stationary bag and punching it, maybe easier to motivate and easier to keep moving. But Im just going to start with one thing right now, see how much I like that, and then maybe add to it if Im having success. Too bad the heavy bags are the more expensive thing.

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At least buy a stand used. That whats i have mine attached too .

Bump, still looking for help deciding which of the gloves to get from the link on the previous page.

Originally Posted by Jacksonbax View Post
    Bump, still looking for help deciding which of the gloves to get from the link on the previous page.
    Still looking.

Also, for the MMA safety/bag gloves, on one of the sites it had a "size guide" that said 7.5 inches to 8.5 inches = regular size glove, and 8.5 inches - 9.5 inches = large glove. Well, my measurement is 8.5, which they list for both regular and large. Which should I get? I figured since Ill be adding wraps, just go with the large if its 8.5, but I measured a couple times, got 8.5 twice, but once it was a little less, 8.35 or 8.4, which makes it even more difficult.

For 8.35 - 8.5 inches hand circumference below the knuckles, should I buy "regular" or "large" MMA safety/training gloves? Also if it's actually regular size I should buy, is there a way to get the regular size around the hand with the large size padding on the actual glove? (size is measured around the hand with fingers out straight, not around a whole first, just around the hand part below the knuckles like they said to do and showed in the video)

BUMP still need advice please on what size MMA training gloves to buy for a 8.35-8.5 inch circumference, and then which model to buy from this link http ://store.titleboxing.com/mma-bag-gloves.html (just delete the space after http)

BUMP still need advice please on what size MMA training gloves to buy for a 8.35-8.5 inch circumference, and then which model to buy from this link http ://store.titleboxing.com/mma-bag-gloves.html (just delete the space after http)
    BUMP!!! Still trying to figure out which size MMA training gloves to buy for a 8.5 inch circumference below the knuckles.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Four bumps saying the same thing, srsly? Use some common sense, its unlikely anyone here is going to know the exact answer. Go to the shop and ask them as they have the product, and the specs to help you.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BUMP!!! Still trying to figure out which size MMA training gloves to buy for a 8.5 inch circumference below the knuckles.
    Have you been to a gym or sports store so that you could try on a pair?
    According to what you read on the website, it really could go either way. With the wraps, it will make up the difference, but over time, the smaller ones will stretch out a bit too.
    Order both, return one later?

I got some new Rival brand gloves that I will try to review sometime soon.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Registered User legendofthewolf's Avatar
    legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendofthewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these water based heavy bags?
    http://tulsa.americanlisted.com/spor..._21880013.html

I'm going to be getting a heavy bag soon, and I'm not sure what type and brand to get. I'll be doing a lot of kicking and punching on it so I'll probably need about a 100lb bag. I don't like canvas bags. I'm trying to decide between either vinyl, synthetic leather or water based. Someone in my area is selling a water based heavy bag for around $50.

slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=AttyGuy;814085351]Bump, because I finally figured out how to get sand into the B.O.B. base.[/QUOT

You guys have any extra input on the Century B.O.B. as far as its usefulness in training/conditioning? Im considering buying the XL version just to add some variety to my conditioning and some target practice. I would love a small review....

Thanks
    Slim
    Long live Slim

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slimneverdies View Post
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Bump, because I finally figured out how to get sand into the B.O.B. base.
    You guys have any extra input on the Century B.O.B. as far as its usefulness in training/conditioning? Im considering buying the XL version just to add some variety to my conditioning and some target practice. I would love a small review....

Thanks
    Slim
    Matrix can probably help you out better than I can, as I rarely use mine. No time.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Just posted this up in a bag related thread and thought this thread could benefit from it also;

F---it. I'm shaving my head and growing a goatee. And working out in cargo pants and black boots.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Matrix can probably help you out better than I can, as I rarely use mine. No time.
    i'm going to transition mine to outside. well the base anyways . still need another padded mat!

slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm going to transition mine to outside. well the base anyways . still need another padded mat!
    How goes it Matrix??? What are you thoughts on the BOB so far? Should I skip it and just get a heavy bag? Im looking for something just to add to my arsenal at home...
    Long live Slim

Originally Posted by slimneverdies View Post
    How goes it Matrix??? What are you thoughts on the BOB so far? Should I skip it and just get a heavy bag? Im looking for something just to add to my arsenal at home...
    Get both.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.csmfitness.com/OtherCardio.html

CSM is selling some boxing equipment. Prolly won't fit in most home gyms though.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

this. i have both. although i have some wing chun attachments on the heavy bag at the moment .

i really need to look into building my outdoor shed for my workout stuff. i have this in the small shed outside waiting to be built:

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...bag-stand.html

(small shed is like for a lawn mower and stuff, not all that big. the shed i want to build is 36x30)

based off jetigen's review. i got this walmart for ~$20. http://www.walmart.com/ip/SKLZ-Speed...ainer/16536964

very decent for $20 . i was whiffing alot at first lol

so i have lots of boxing cardio stuff

century bob xl
    heavy bag/wing chun attachments
    speed bag
    title jumbo ball (a giant double end bag)
    slip bag
    sklz speed striker

i try to do 3 minutes of each, along with 3 minutes on my bike, rower, stepper, and 3 minutes of running. thats a very exhausting 30 min of cardio! eventually i'm going to up the boxing stuff to 2 rounds, 6 min each and do some more on the bike/steppe/rower etc, or just break up the boxing cardio from the other cardio

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Quick review of the bag gloves that I have been using for the last 2 months.
    The Rival RB1 Ultra Bag Gloves, seen here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rival-RB1-Box-...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Overall, I am satisfied with them, but that is mainly because I bought a few pairs used from another member of the gym for $50 and this was a part of that deal. Essentially, I paid about $15 for them, so for that price, I love them.

Pros:
    They are more breathable than some of my other gloves/they seem to dry back out quicker (probably because of the mesh palm area).
    They seem light for 14 oz gloves.
    They seem to be good/versatile enough for various tasks (bag/mitt work, light sparring, drills, etc).

Cons:
    The material is a vinyl type material, I am not sure how well it will hold up compared to leather over time, it certainly APPEARS cheaper than leather, but hey, it could last a lifetime.
    The wrist straps are ok, but dont feel as secure as some others I have used (but are good enough for all the tasks mentioned above).

Overall, the quality is laughable compared to my Twins gloves (which are more expensive leather gloves), but they are better than the cheap stuff thats out on the market. I dont know if I would pay $75 for these, but again, I got lucky and am satisfied. Dont mistake my critique, I like the gloves and they are good for regular practice and the fact that they breathe and dry out well is great for me, its hot and humid here and the area where we practice is ALWAYS warm with little airflow.
    I will continue to use these for my classes and report back any issues.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump, because there's just too much good info here to let it fade away.

I've been wanting to incorporate more heavy bag work into my routine, so I've re-hung my bag and ordered a Gymboss Minimax to replace the crappy little Sklz interval timer I picked up from Walmart.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Hello all, it's been a while.
    I will try to put up a few reviews of stuff this week since I haven't been on the site in so long.

As an update, the Rival 14 oz gloves have been used only for a cardio kickboxing class that I use to supplement my cardio. They have done a great job holding up in this capacity, but pretty much all of my 16 oz gloves trump them for anything else (mitt work, etc).
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 04-11-2014 at 06:20 AM.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Brief review of some gloves I picked up a couple of months ago.
    The Piranha Gear 16 oz boxing gloves.
    http://www.piranhagear.com/fight-gea...s-x-large.html

I have dealt with Piranha Gear before (Thai Pads and some t-shirts) and was really happy with their quick shipping and customer service, along with quality products at a really competitive rate.
    I actually found these gloves lightly used on ebay for $35 shipped, although the retail price of $49.99 is still good for these, in my opinion.

After using these primarily for mitt work and sparring a couple times a week for a couple months, they have held up really well. Very soft, with plenty of cushion to block incoming shots, but not huge balloons on my hands, either.
    It seems there may be confusion on the sizing of these (these are called their extra large gloves). I am 5' 11" and 200 pounds. My hands are average sized at best. With normal handwraps, these fit me fine. Without handwraps, my hands do move around a lbit inside of them (tried it one day just to see).

The only complaint I would have regarding these gloves so far is that I feel they could have added more wrist support/better closure system. The velcro closure is basically just a half wrap around the wrist, which works out okay, but more wrist support, imo, is always better. I still feel confident in these enough to use them in an upcoming smoker fight regardless.

www.ShankAZombie.com

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by legendofthewolf View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these water based heavy bags?
    http://tulsa.americanlisted.com/spor..._21880013.html

I'm going to be getting a heavy bag soon, and I'm not sure what type and brand to get. I'll be doing a lot of kicking and punching on it so I'll probably need about a 100lb bag. I don't like canvas bags. I'm trying to decide between either vinyl, synthetic leather or water based. Someone in my area is selling a water based heavy bag for around $50.
    water bags and canvas bags (are a waste of money) arent a good choice you can find the 100lb 6ft thai bag for 75-125 on cl

[QUOTE=slimneverdies;1040858793]
    Bump, because I finally figured out how to get sand into the B.O.B. base.[/QUOT

Thanks
    Slim
    B.O.B are a waste! just get a 100+lb heavy bag you can do more workouts for cardio on it vs a bob (this are only worth $25 at garage sales)
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    B.O.B are a waste! just get a 100+lb heavy bag you can do more workouts for cardio on it vs a bob (this are only worth $25 at garage sales)
    Uh, no. They go for $100 here. And, I have both a heavy bag and a B.O.B. The B.O.B. isn't for me. . . .

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Resurrected my heavy bag this winter and resurrecting this thread after adding a new piece of boxing equipment this week. I put up an Everlast canvas bag in my old house years ago but the floor joists it hung from transmitted too much vibration to the room above. Now in a new house with sturdier joists I've been hitting it regular and decided to add a speedbag to my routine. This Balazs unit was pricey but I wanted something sturdy, overbuilt and useable.

Attached Images
    Last edited by oldred; 03-24-2017 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Forgot how to imbed.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10) stubbynr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That is a sweet speed bag platform. I've long been a fan of Balazs boxing equipment. I'm not familiar with that specific Title bag, but any good bag would seem even better with a nice, thick maple drum and sturdy, heavy platform like yours (fairly fast Cleyto Reyes head leather bag for me). Enjoy.

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stubbynr View Post
    I'm not familiar with that specific Title bag . . . . (fairly fast Cleyto Reyes head leather bag for me). Enjoy.
    That blue Title is a 10x12. I got it to have a bigger, heavier bag to slap around under the platform and maybe from the ceiling on a short rope. The red Bradley is an Aussie that'll be up most of the time. The Everlast bumblebee I acquired with some other goods.

I've heard good things about the Cleyto bags. I've got my eye on their DEB.

Attached Images
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

Good to see this thread back among the living. . . .