Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    oushra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 4 weeks out.. little advice

hi everybody. im new here.. im 4 weeks out from my second show. any tips how to loose last a bit of body fat?? my body seem`s to hold it and dont wanna let go.. lol thank you.

rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rockstar55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by oushra View Post
    hi everybody. im new here.. im 4 weeks out from my second show. any tips how to loose last a bit of body fat?? my body seem`s to hold it and dont wanna let go.. lol thank you.
    one word: CARDIO!!!

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    considering you gave us zero info about what you are doing now...

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Somebody is dieting ...
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    Somebody is dieting ...
    be that as it may, still she gave us absolutely zero info so how can anyone make an accurate determination?

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    be that as it may, still she gave us absolutely zero info so how can anyone make an accurate determination?
    Oh I agree - just givin ya crap
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

_jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000) _jim_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    pictures? diet? stats? figure? fittness? bodybuilding?

firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    Somebody is dieting ...
    I thought he seemed grouchier than usual......

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    we've all been there both to the OP and to Layne

OP how long have you been at the same bodyweight? Have you been doing any HIIT?

What is your cal level and macro breakdown?
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mmmhmmm
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

thank you rockstar...

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    thank you rockstar...
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thank you rockstar...
    ....so anytime you want to tell us anything about your diet and training we're ready to hear it lol

Unhappy diet

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    ....so anytime you want to tell us anything about your diet and training we're ready to hear it lol
    my diet:
    5-6am cardio and abb workout. shake. 30g protein.
    8am 6egg whites with bit of salad. (cucumber, tom, spinach, peper, onion. splash olive oil)
    10:30am 100g white fish, salad.
    1pm same.
    2pm weight training and 45min cardio. shake after.
    5pm same as 10:30.
    7pm same.
    9:30pm shake.
    i try to keep it simple.
    i do my carb day on monday 150g inc: sweet pot. brown rice. rice cakes.
    tues-wed-thur- 75g
    fri-sat-sun.. none.
    i will post some pic, im pretty busy at the mo. no need to be harsh...
    oh its body fitness im going for.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my diet:
    8am 6egg whites with bit of salad. (cucumber, tom, spinach, peper, onion. splash olive oil)
    1pm same.
    7pm same.
    i try to keep it simple.
    tues-wed-thur- 75g
    fri-sat-sun.. none.
    Sorry if it came off harsh, we just can't offer any useful advice without knowing what you are currently doing.

To really help you, we would need to know the following

Fat/Carbs/Protein intake every day, we got the carbs now that's a step in the right direction.

How much cardio you are doing, type, duration etc.

How long you've been prepping.

What weight you started at, what weight you are now.

Are you still losing weight?

Pictures would also help.

Sorry if it came off harsh, we just can't offer any useful advice without knowing what you are currently doing.

To really help you, we would need to know the following

Fat/Carbs/Protein intake every day, we got the carbs now that's a step in the right direction.

How much cardio you are doing, type, duration etc.

How long you've been prepping.

What weight you started at, what weight you are now.

Are you still losing weight?

Pictures would also help.
    i do 30min cardio 4-5times a week from 5:15am till 6:45 then 15mins abbs. then tues i teach spin. and 3times a week 45mins fast walk or jog on treadmill. i did 8mile run the other day. i do weight trainig 4 times a week.
    when i started beginning on january i was 10.4 now im 8stone. i havent lost any weight in last 2weeks so im stuck on 8st i did add some pic. have a look in my profile. dont laugh as it was my first show... pretty ****e... lol
    i will be taking some pic tommorow how i look now. promise.
    Last edited by oushra; 08-27-2010 at 01:32 AM.

i do 30min cardio 4-5times a week from 5:15am till 6:45 then 15mins abbs. then tues i teach spin. and 3times a week 45mins fast walk or jog on treadmill. i did 8mile run the other day. i do weight trainig 4 times a week.
    when i started beginning on january i was 10.4 now im 8stone. i havent lost any weight in last 2weeks so im stuck on 8st i did add some pic. have a look in my profile. dont laugh as it was my first show... pretty ****e... lol
    You don't look bad at all, you've been busting your butt since January and you should give yourself some credit.

To sum up: 8-9 cardio sessions/week all 30-45min light to moderate intensity
    4x/week weight training

started at 145.6lbs in January (thank you google for converting stone to pounds lol) and now you are 112lbs. No weight loss in the last 2 weeks.

You are carb cycling more or less, based off what you gave me I'm getting a close guess of your Fat/Carbs/Protein

M 20F/150C/210P
    T 15F/75C/200P
    W 15F/75C/200P
    Th 15F/75C/200P
    F 15F/trace/200P
    S 15F/trace/200P
    Su 15F/trace/200P

First off, I want to tell you that in 2 weeks there isn't a whole lot you can do, BUT your approach to dieting can definitely be improved for the better next go around.

a) Eating 8 meals a day on that kind of caloric intake is really difficult mentally. Not to mention there is no benefit from a bodybuilding standpoint. It does not increase your metabolism, it is not more effective at muscle retention. For a woman your size I'd suggest 4 meals/day or so.
    b) Your protein intake is unnecessarily high. If you dropped it by say 25g-40g you could keep your carbs and/or fats a little higher and your body would respond better with a metabolism that wouldn't slow as much and a more favorable hormonal environment (assuming you are natural).
    c) Your food selection is unnecessarily limited. There is nothing magical about the foods you are eating. White fish, egg whites, brown rice, sweet potato, protein shakes are good nutritious sources of food, but it is the nutrients they contain, not the foods themselves that support your diet. There is nothing wrong with eating chicken, lean meat, and the occasional "dirty food" as long as you track the calories, carbs, fat, protein. Eating more variety in your diet is healthier, leads to less binges, less cravings, and allows an easier transition to a healthy offseason.
    d) You should already know how many grams of fat and protein you eat daily. I shouldn't have to be the one to tell you your fat and protein intake. ALL macronutrients (pro, fat, carbs) are important, not just carbs.
    e) I would advise keeping your carb intake as high as you can, for as long as you can while still losing fat at a good pace to keep you on track for your shows. This will keep your workouts more productive, both cardio and weight training, will slow metabolic shutdown, and will make your peak week carb up more effective.
    f) Cardio is like carbs. You should only do as much cardio as needed to lose fat at a good pace. Unnecessary amounts of cardio can cause metabolic slowdown and muscle loss.
    g) I would advise not getting more than 15lbs over stage weight. I'm very impressed you've lost over 30lbs, that is no easy task for a woman of your size. But, I bet you never want to have to do that again right?

If you can learn how many calories it takes for you to maintain your weight, then you can set up a diet based on caloric intake next time and not just follow a template diet of protein shakes, white fish, egg whites and salad. You will understand not just what to do, but why to do it and you'll be able to make adjustments when you hit a plateau. To get you started, there are 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs, and 9 calories per gram of fat. When you can begin thinking of food in terms of calories in calories out, instead of eating clean vs eating dirty, you'll have a much better grasp of how to get ready for a show.

As far as losing a bit more fat in the next 2 weeks, I'd cut back protein by 25g on all days, you won't lose muscle I promise. But, you might lose a little more bodyfat.
    Last edited by Quelly; 08-27-2010 at 02:16 AM.

You don't look bad at all, you've been busting your butt since January and you should give yourself some credit.

To sum up: 8-9 cardio sessions/week all 30-45min light to moderate intensity
    4x/week weight training

started at 145.6lbs in January (thank you google for converting stone to pounds lol) and now you are 112lbs. No weight loss in the last 2 weeks.

You are carb cycling more or less, based off what you gave me I'm getting a close guess of your Fat/Carbs/Protein

M 20F/150C/210P
    T 15F/75C/200P
    W 15F/75C/200P
    Th 15F/75C/200P
    F 15F/trace/200P
    S 15F/trace/200P
    Su 15F/trace/200P

First off, I want to tell you that in 2 weeks there isn't a whole lot you can do, BUT your approach to dieting can definitely be improved for the better next go around.

a) Eating 8 meals a day on that kind of caloric intake is really difficult mentally. Not to mention there is no benefit from a bodybuilding standpoint. It does not increase your metabolism, it is not more effective at muscle retention. For a woman your size I'd suggest 4 meals/day or so.
    b) Your protein intake is unnecessarily high. If you dropped it by say 25g-40g you could keep your carbs and/or fats a little higher and your body would respond better with a metabolism that wouldn't slow as much and a more favorable hormonal environment (assuming you are natural).
    c) Your food selection is unnecessarily limited. There is nothing magical about the foods you are eating. White fish, egg whites, brown rice, sweet potato, protein shakes are good nutritious sources of food, but it is the nutrients they contain, not the foods themselves that support your diet. There is nothing wrong with eating chicken, lean meat, and the occasional "dirty food" as long as you track the calories, carbs, fat, protein. Eating more variety in your diet is healthier, leads to less binges, less cravings, and allows an easier transition to a healthy offseason.
    d) You should already know how many grams of fat and protein you eat daily. I shouldn't have to be the one to tell you your fat and protein intake. ALL macronutrients (pro, fat, carbs) are important, not just carbs.
    e) I would advise keeping your carb intake as high as you can, for as long as you can while still losing fat at a good pace to keep you on track for your shows. This will keep your workouts more productive, both cardio and weight training, will slow metabolic shutdown, and will make your peak week carb up more effective.
    f) Cardio is like carbs. You should only do as much cardio as needed to lose fat at a good pace. Unnecessary amounts of cardio can cause metabolic slowdown and muscle loss.
    g) I would advise not getting more than 15lbs over stage weight. I'm very impressed you've lost over 30lbs, that is no easy task for a woman of your size. But, I bet you never want to have to do that again right?

If you can learn how many calories it takes for you to maintain your weight, then you can set up a diet based on caloric intake next time and not just follow a template diet of protein shakes, white fish, egg whites and salad. You will understand not just what to do, but why to do it and you'll be able to make adjustments when you hit a plateau. To get you started, there are 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs, and 9 calories per gram of fat. When you can begin thinking of food in terms of calories in calories out, instead of eating clean vs eating dirty, you'll have a much better grasp of how to get ready for a show.

As far as losing a bit more fat in the next 2 weeks, I'd cut back protein by 25g on all days, you won't lose muscle I promise. But, you might lose a little more bodyfat.
    M 20F/150C/170P
    T 15F/75C/170P
    W 15F/75C/170P
    Th 15F/75C/170P
    F 15F/trace/170P
    S 15F/trace/170P
    Su 15F/trace/170P Iis more like that.
    i have few almonds every other day, and tea spoon of peanut butter like 1-2 times a week. my weight is 119pound. i think i`ve got a little bit wrong. its 54kg . i was reading about carb cycling so start doing it.
    it my first time ever so i call it a learning curve. i need to know my body and what works best. i have 5 meals a day and 2 shakes. oh and thank you so much for talking to me.. i really wanna do well and be proud of myself...
    Last edited by oushra; 08-27-2010 at 05:02 AM.

M 20F/150C/170P
    T 15F/75C/170P
    W 15F/75C/170P
    Th 15F/75C/170P
    F 15F/trace/170P
    S 15F/trace/170P
    Su 15F/trace/170P Iis more like that.
    i have few almonds every other day, and tea spoon of peanut butter like 1-2 times a week. my weight is 119pound. i think i`ve got a little bit wrong. its 54kg . i was reading about carb cycling so start doing it.
    it my first time ever so i call it a learning curve. i need to know my body and what works best. i have 5 meals a day and 2 shakes. oh and thank you so much for talking to me.. i really wanna do well and be proud of myself...
    best of luck, and you should be proud of yourself, you've set out to do something very challenging adn you've been at it since january!

thank you. i will try to do my best.

Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my diet:
    1pm same.
    7pm same.
    i try to keep it simple.
    tues-wed-thur- 75g
    fri-sat-sun.. none.
    everything looks in order here, how long have you been in this phase? and to be clear you are only doing one(1) re-feed a week? if you have plateaued you might wanted to try refeeding every 3rd day and you are a good man being able to go to zero for 3 days...lol...I can't do it someone would get pimped slapped....lol
    "Do not wait, the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along."

-Napoleon Hill

Originally Posted by Hitechmuscle View Post
    everything looks in order here, how long have you been in this phase? and to be clear you are only doing one(1) re-feed a week? if you have plateaued you might wanted to try refeeding every 3rd day and you are a good man being able to go to zero for 3 days...lol...I can't do it someone would get pimped slapped....lol
    for 4 weeks. and last two weeks i haven`t lost anything.. and dont look leaner.. im struggling here. do you think if i would just go on just white fish for 7days some fat burners and xpel would cut down???

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for 4 weeks. and last two weeks i haven`t lost anything.. and dont look leaner.. im struggling here. do you think if i would just go on just white fish for 7days some fat burners and xpel would cut down???
    Stealing a post from Quelly he made in another thread that might be relevant here.

http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/artic...p-mistakes.php

Taken from this link

Even worse are diets where food groups are removed, such as making fish your only protein source after a certain amount of weeks. Cutting dairy, starches, or only eating from a very small pool of foods is totally missing the point. There is no template out there that can roll with variations to our individual metabolic rates and the issues that may present themselves while dieting.

try 3 days in a row on trace carbs, then every fourth day 175g of cho.

not a whole lot you can do with the position you have yourself in. you want to try to keep that metabolism as fast as possible so when you get to the tough part you still have cards to play.

the above may or may not work, but its worth a shot. Next season you will have learned a lot though, good luck!

try 3 days in a row on trace carbs, then every fourth day 175g of cho.

not a whole lot you can do with the position you have yourself in. you want to try to keep that metabolism as fast as possible so when you get to the tough part you still have cards to play.

the above may or may not work, but its worth a shot. Next season you will have learned a lot though, good luck!
    im gonna try just a fish in 7days, i just need to get a bit leaner. thank you so much for everything.

im gonna try just a fish in 7days, i just need to get a bit leaner. thank you so much for everything.
    best of luck, just don't be afraid to be a little more aggressive in your peak week carb up after 7 days on no carbs

best of luck, just don't be afraid to be a little more aggressive in your peak week carb up after 7 days on no carbs
    well im having 20g carbs every other morning. will see where that takes me.

yeah i checked it, its pretty usefull info in there. thanks.

Hitechmuscle im female not man.. lol i guess its easier for us then you guys.

Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hitechmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hitechmuscle im female not man.. lol i guess its easier for us then you guys.
    Thank you, I didn't realized that until I saw your weight. That's a whole different ballpark...I'm guessing you are doing figure? What organization? some you need to come in a little harder than others.
    "Do not wait, the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along."

-Napoleon Hill