View Poll Results: How many times you exercise each muscle per week?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a week

35 30.70%
  • Twice a week

25 21.93%
  • More than twice??

54 47.37%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How many times do you workout in a week?

Hi there! I am making a poll to see how often people exercise each muscle per week, so it could help me in my current situation, and others who might someday be (or already are).
    *The situation is being stuck and not knowing how much to exercise a muscle for growth.
    Some say once a week, others say twice a week. That's why I decided to make a poll, where you vote on how many times you exercise each muscle, and preferably also post a picture of yourself to show your progress with starting date(when you began working-out).

Thank you for your time, and hopefully I will get something out of this!

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    This is a completely uselss poll.

It doesn't freakin matter what other people do. They might not be 15 year old beginners who are severly underweight.

Here is your next routine, just do it:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

And GOMAD.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NextGenBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

It doesn't freakin matter what other people do. They might not be 15 year old beginners who are severly underweight.

And GOMAD.
    Bro, yeah for you it doesn't, cause you already got the routine you need, and you just stick with it, not all the people in the world already have their routines. That's why I've been trying to find out how many times people exercise, to see which is the most common routine. And if you are being useless yourself, just get out of this thread then.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is what you need to know: Beginners typically do better with higher frequency of training when starting out and lower volume per bodypart. As you progress, the relationship changes and frequency is often scaled back when volume per part increases. In short, at your age and weight, you will probably be better served with 2 or even 3x per week.
    Who was this love of yours?

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    Here is what you need to know: Beginners typically do better with higher frequency of training when starting out and lower volume per bodypart. As you progress, the relationship changes and frequency is often scaled back when volume per part increases. In short, at your age and weight, you will probably be better served with 2 or even 3x per week.
    Workout each muscle twice or three times per week? Is that what you mean?

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

And GOMAD.
    Yup, I agree with the above.

It's also useless because it says "How many times you exercise each muscle per week?"

So lets see, here's what I did this week.

Saturday: 2" axle clean and pressing. I rack pulled 655. Did the keg carry and deadlift medley. And then did atlas stones.
    Sunday: I benched and did face pulls
    Tuesday: Clean and pressed the 2" axle, farmers walks, and did some 800 pound tire flipping
    Today: Front squats, pull throughs

OK, so now you tell me. How many times did I work my pectoral muscles? Once? Twice? Three times? What about my back? Most people would say benching doesn't work your back, BUT when my back got stronger, my bench went up. So benching must use your back too....

This is exactly why you shouldn't design your workouts around body parts, because if you do it forces you down the path of thinking about isolation and to not thinking about the things that get you stronger and build muscle.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do 4 days a week.

Each muscle group is worked once a week, very intensely
    We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

~ William Ralph Inge

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on the muscle group, but I'd say most are worked more than 2x per week. I do full body, 5-7x per week.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    This is exactly why you shouldn't design your workouts around body parts, because if you do it forces you down the path of thinking about isolation and to not thinking about the things that get you stronger and build muscle.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NextGenBuilder View Post
    Bro, yeah for you it doesn't, cause you already got the routine you need, and you just stick with it, not all the people in the world already have their routines. That's why I've been trying to find out how many times people exercise, to see which is the most common routine. And if you are being useless yourself, just get out of this thread then.

That's not the routine I do, not anymore. Yes, I have my routine and I stick with it.

I was giving you yours.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can disagree and roll your eyes, but giving negative reps for my opinions shows that you're a jerk. And like I've said before bricks ARE NOT THICK, little man.

I just read your profile, "real name Freight Train" HAHAHAHAHA, a 215 pound freight train, get real buddy.

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    You can disagree and roll your eyes, but giving negative reps for my opinions shows that you're a jerk. And like I've said before bricks ARE NOT THICK, little man.

I just read your profile, "real name Freight Train" HAHAHAHAHA, a 215 pound freight train, get real buddy.
    Your opinions on bodybuilding are misguided and ignorant. You have your head in the sand, yet you continue to give advice in every thread without realizing people with different goals should train differently.

I think you're an idiot.

lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lwyatt82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heres the thing man...you gotta find out what works for you. What works for all these other people doesn't matter. Your body is different from everyone elses. Try a full body workout 4 or 5 times a week for 3 months. Then do the same with one/two muscle groups one or twice a week for 3 months. Take what you see into consideration and choose what works best for YOU. Three quarters of bodybuilding is learning how to make YOUR body do what you want it to. This takes experimentation.
    All that aside, at your age....eat everything in sight (clean as possible) and train like there is no tomorrow. Your body is so full of test right now, you can experience roid like growth with a little hard work and determination. Go get it.

Your opinions on bodybuilding are misguided and ignorant.
    That is your opinion. I think you've proven to be a jerk.

You have your head in the sand, yet you continue to give advice in every thread without realizing people with different goals should train differently.
    My head is no more in the sand than yours. All I did was state what I do and how I thought the poll was meaningless, and my general feelings about training. I've trained like you in the past, have you trained like I do now? I doubt it, so who's head is in the sand?

I think you're an idiot.
    I think that statement proves you're an idiot because I'm way bigger and stronger than you'll ever be. Little brick man.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 08-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please extend your poll. There are professional athletes who hold gold medals who train the same body part up to 18 sessions per week.

I personally do 5-6. Most starting routines have one do 3. Why are none of these options on your poll?

fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get bicep pumps during heavy bench sets, and can feel my chest working on deadlifts. How does that fit into the bodypart equation?

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Please extend your poll. There are professional athletes who hold gold medals who train the same body part up to 18 sessions per week.
    That was kind of my point, at least in part.

Watch out or you'll get attacked too.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I personally do 5-6. Most starting routines have one do 3. Why are none of these options on your poll?
    Perhaps possibly maybe because it's a bodybuilding site, not a forum to train for the upcoming Olympics idk..

And he did include an option that says "more than twice", I think 18 sessions would fit that category.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fatdaddy67 View Post
    I get bicep pumps during heavy bench sets, and can feel my chest working on deadlifts. How does that fit into the bodypart equation?
    Lies! It is possible to isolate a muscle when lifting... I read it in a magazine. How dare you question the Weider empire and their widespread training ideals! >:-O

Since I said it is possible to isolate a muscle can all the regulars who neg me give me green now? If I jump on the single factor supercompensation bull****... I mean theory... and start using whey protien and the newest tetra-hydro-methltle-test-snakeoil-1T that costs more than real steroids I bet my rep will go sky high... my rep power might go over 9000! :-O

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Perhaps possibly maybe because it's a bodybuilding site, not a forum to train for the upcoming Olympics idk..

And he did include an option that says "more than twice", I think 18 sessions would fit that category.
    Interesting that the "more than 2" category is larger than the other two combined in the poll results. I would have broken it down to 1,2,3,4,5,6+ to get more accurate results.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lies! It is possible to isolate a muscle when lifting... I read it in a magazine. How dare you question the Weider empire and their widespread training ideals! >:-O
    Lies! It's not possible to emphasize a muscle when lifting... I read it in a book I spent $29.95 on. They told me that bodybuilders have it all wrong and the magazines and Wieder empire are to blame and if I buy their book from them (by certified check/credit card/cod/paypal or money order) they'll tell me exactly why.

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh hai guise wuts happenin in dis here thread?
    Live dangerously and you live right.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    It's the Weider Empire vs the Hooligans, it seems.

Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    It's the same thing that's happening to the forum in general, people use reps to try to force their opinion on other people. Their intent is to only drive away people that disagree, it's never to discuss differences or to spread knowledge like it should be. Well, my reputation is that I've learned how to build lots of muscle on my huge frame, it doesn't matter what the little brick man says, I know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm going, but just because he doesn't agree he calls me an idiot. He attacks first, I've never attacked anybody on here without being called names first. He's negative energy, just look what he did to this thread just because he didn't agree with how I train. Craziness IMHO.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do a fullbody 3x per week.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I (accent on "I") do the same as Farley: Three times a week, full-body.

And all this "arguing" over isos versus compounds or powerlifting styles versus bodybuilding splits is really arguing over minutiae. Just plain silly. You do what you can do and still grow bigger and stronger from. I would not go tell TAAB that "he's doing it wrong" any more than I would tell BTO that "he's doing it wrong." They're both doing it right, based on THEIR goals. Period.

Now, if someone wants to argue against the Yankees this season, I'm up for that...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    And all this "arguing" over isos versus compounds or powerlifting styles versus bodybuilding splits is really arguing over minutiae. Just plain silly. You do what you can do and still grow bigger and stronger from. I would not go tell TAAB that "he's doing it wrong" any more than I would tell BTO that "he's doing it wrong." They're both doing it right, based on THEIR goals. Period.

Now, if someone wants to argue against the Yankees this season, I'm up for that...
    So if my goal is to make the PGA tour it'd be ok to join a baseball forum and tell them their swing is all wrong and back it up with my golf stats and accomplishments since what I'm doing is perfectly in line with my goals? hmm seems to be obtuse to me, but that's me.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So if my goal is to make the PGA tour it'd be ok to join a baseball forum and tell them their swing is all wrong and back it up with my golf stats and accomplishments since what I'm doing is perfectly in line with my goals? hmm seems to be obtuse to me, but that's me.
    ----------------------

Yes, it's wrong
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes yes, we all know that "bodybuilding" and "powerlifting" are as different as golf and baseball....

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Yes yes, we all know that "bodybuilding" and "powerlifting" are as different as golf and baseball....
    The point is, they are different.

Here's a nice rant from a guy that trained as both as well as trained others for both..

"If you're training for bodybuilding / aesthetic purposes, you should not follow the same principles or methods as you would if you were training for strength or performance.

This goes against the grain because many renowned strength coaches recommend training pretty much the same way regardless if your goal is building a nice physique or improving your performance. Most of the time, this is because these coaches have never actually been involved in bodybuilding or aesthetic training themselves! Most, if not all, of their personal and professional experience has been with athletes.

Well, let me tell you something; while both types of training (aesthetics and performance) utilize the same tools, they aren't the same thing at all. Different goals require different means."

Full article:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ants_you_learn