Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice thread.
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by marlene79 View Post
    ....on another note, my before pic was taken from my bodyspace and made fun of on the Misc....fml those guys are juvenile
    Juvenile doesn't begin to cover it You just keep on keepin' on improving yourself.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Went for sushi today but still consider today to be "on plan" (hey, it's rare I get an hour away for a date these days with a little baby!)

-
    Yay for sushi, nice to get back to eating somewhat what you want after pregnancy isn't it?

Originally Posted by CarliAlice View Post
    Hello all! Not doing good so far. Work is soooo stressful and I tend to rely on crap food for comfort. How do you overcome that? (and yes, I do take and/or have access to clean foods). On top of that, I only worked out for about 15 minutes this morning because I was
    You have to want it! Being fit and lean far outweighs the feeling of comfort from food. Put some motivational pics/quotes around, make sure you are tracking your food intake so that if you "cheat", you can work it into the rest of your day. Don't get into the habit of "oh well, I will just be better tomorrow". It would be a good topic to talk about, self-motivation!

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    The past couple of days have been good. I've managed to stay within my calories and workout. I'm on vaca until next Monday so I'll have plenty of time to exercise. My bf's mother is coming in next week and she loves going out to eat when she comes in town. Her favorite restaurant is Pappadaux. We'll see how that goes.
    You can look up menus online to see what fits best into your macros, if that helps at all.

Originally Posted by Foxyladie View Post
    i
    I need some good lower body excersises so i don't get bored. I'm still not alowwed to lift or do heavy cardio...IE no bouncing. Suggestions????
    How about just bodyweight squats, lunges, stepups....walking stairs?

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I've been eating a super-surplus for quite a while so even 1850-1900 cals seems like deprivation for me. It's gonna take me a week or two to adjust, I think.
    Oh HUSH up! Try eating 1400 cals for awhile and see how that feels, lol

Originally Posted by MNCurves View Post
    I took the time on Wednesday to write out what I've typically been eating and then looked at the carb/prot/cal composition and was left in complete shock! LOL
    Have you ever used an online calculator to track like DailyBurn? Its free, fast and easy and it will give you your macro breakdown as well. It has most foods already in the database, so its very easy to use.

Good job gals! I just finished day 3 of my split, and to my surprise on two of the days I hit new PRs which seemed weird considering I am feeling soft. I have had an unintentional "deload" for the past two weeks, maybe I needed the break or something. I got the big girl plates up for bench, 135! I just need to lose two pounds and that will be my bodyweight, lol.

Keep yourselves on task this weekend ladies, have fun but keep your goals in sight!!
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post

Good job gals! I just finished day 3 of my split, and to my surprise on two of the days I hit new PRs which seemed weird considering I am feeling soft. I have had an unintentional "deload" for the past two weeks, maybe I needed the break or something. I got the big girl plates up for bench, 135! I just need to lose two pounds and that will be my bodyweight, lol.

Keep yourselves on task this weekend ladies, have fun but keep your goals in sight!!
    Great job on the bench!!!
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I meant to join in on this yesterday, so I hope its not too late to join.
    My current weight is 125
    Height 5'2''
    Not sure of my exact BF, but I am aiming to lower it while maintaining muscle mass. Don't really care about the number on the scale.
    I will post pics onto my bodyspace later this afternoon.

I am pretty all over the board with my workouts but mainly stick to deadlifts, squats, push presses, thrusters, etc. I can't ever stick to a routine, So I decided to start the NROLFW.. I started it on Tuesday, So Yesterday I did the 2nd workout.
    I'm really having to keep myself from incorporating more into the workouts. Although I am not used to doing such high rep sets so that is a little challenging. Today and tomorrow are going to be rest days for me because I'm feeling a little cold coming on. Also cardio is the bane of my existance and I refuse to waste my life on an elliptical machine

My diet is fairly clean, and my goal is to really clean it up as much as I can while still enjoying what I eat. I'm eating a spinach salad with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, pepercinis, avocado and a little feta (mmmmm) right now. I pretty much just threw whatever I had on it. I've also been incorporating more protein shakes into my diet, as before I'd skip them because they would turn my stomach, but I found a brand that works for me and I'm also taking casein at night. I'm aiming towards about 1800 cals a day. More on lifting days.

Good luck to everyone on their journey and I can't wait to see the transformations!

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weight today (started today since fridays are weigh ins in a different contest)
    247 lbs
    Chest 44
    Waist at belly button 45
    Hips 49
    Bf 38%

Trying to get my pics up and loaded but having technical difficulty. Keeps erring out before they are loaded I will keep trying. Pics were taken on the 30th so just a few days ago.

����������

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Day 3 ladies, I hope you are all on board.

Rowyn- Thanks, yes, I missed good old sashimi. It's the one restaurant food that is healthier than anything you can make at home (although I'm from Vancouver BC, so when I want sashimi at home, I can get the good stuff!)

You are a beast on that bench, 135, I'm jealous, I think I get sore even looking at a #135 bench.

Husband is having steak,beer,and popcorn tonight. I'll be having grilled snapper, broccoli, and Crystal Light. Avoiding alcohol is easy when you still have at least 2 night feedings, lol.

Today's "workout", 1 hour stroller walk in the heat including uphill.

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Quick Question

How many inches can one expect to lose in one month? Especially around the waist?

tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tntbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yay for me turning down birthday cake today at work! There's like a birthday everyday here...

I feel good on day three. Still just as motivated. Gonna work on my back and biceps tonight woo hoo!

Feels good to be working out again
    Everything doesn't have to be bigger in Texas!

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How many inches can one expect to lose in one month? Especially around the waist?
    This is very subjective, as everyone loses weight differently. For most women one of the first places to lose is the stomach, others its arms or general upper body area. There really is no way to predict how you will lose, just stay consistent and patient and you will eventually see results
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like a PP said, this can depend greatly on the person- how much BF they have to begin with, where they store fat most, etc, etc. That said, my personal experience was going from 5'6" 145 pounds at about 23-24% BF to 128 pounds at about 20-21% BF, my waist went from 28" to 26" (A lot of that 28" was bloat though, I think) in 4 months.

My day three is pretty uneventful other than I only got a measly 3 hours of sleep last night and am so going to bed at 8 or 9 to sleep 12 hours before going to the gym in the morning! I am starting to enjoy being at maintenance as I could easily fit in a bowl of ice cream last night. . I felt a bit bloaty this morning so I won't make a habit of the sweets a lot, but it's good to know I don't have to work as hard to fit them in as when I was cutting. Ate my 2250 today (I'm calling this maintenance for now) at a pretty much even macro split, which is what I tend to do best at. At that cal amount, it's carbs/proteins in the 180s and fats in the 90s.

Can't wait for my workout tomorrow! My butt is feeling much better and tomorrow isn't a butt-intensive day, so hopefully it will play nice and end up being 100% for the next butt-blasting day on Tuesday.

Good job to the rest of you ladies and welcome to those who just joined!
    Last edited by birdiefu; 09-03-2010 at 01:49 PM.

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    This is very subjective, as everyone loses weight differently. For most women one of the first places to lose is the stomach, others its arms or general upper body area. There really is no way to predict how you will lose, just stay consistent and patient and you will eventually see results
    I agree. First place for me to lose was belly, boobs,and butt. Now, I seem to be holding in those areas but losing in the little places. My face is slimming out, lost the little fat roll that jiggled on the insides of my knees and the same thing with the little fat on my forearms. I've also lost a lot just under my boobs around my ribcage. It really highlights my pear shape but I am just happy to see the inches go away.

����������

tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Let's do this, ladies!
    Okay, perhaps I'm overly excited, however, I am hoping my optimism for everyone will reinforce their optimism as well

(\___/)
    (o\ /o)
    //:.v.:\\
    \\::::://
    -[llll]---`"" ""`---[llll]-

[w]hoot [w]hoot!
    (note: Owl "lifting" a barbell )

I hope everyone is making progress and remaining on track.
    Patience brings progress.

Ellesse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Too Late???

I hope it's not too late to join

Stats :

5ft4
    144lbs
    Body fat unknown at the moment
    (Will add photos over the weekend)

Goal:
    I have recently lost just over 14lbs and would like to lose some more and gain some definition.

My nutrition was previously based on eating "Clean" and portion control, having read various stickies I now have a clear idea of calories I should aim for and I will follow this and tweek as appropriate.

Training

Weights 3-4 times per week
    Cardio 1-2 times per week

Please feel free to give feedback more the merry.

Last goal to hold myself accountable and update regularly and motivate others during this transformation period

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good to see so much excitement here ...this eating thing is realy taking off for me, I finally got my deadlift back up to 165lbs last night, in Feburary I pulled my back really bad(had been up to 185lbs at the time) and after 2 months of avoiding that excercise all together, had to start over at 65lbs...this was a very sad thing for me...so I'm thrilled to actually be lifting some real weight again, and it's only getting better...all my lifts are going up so I'm really feeling onboard with my plan to eat and be merry at the moment ...lol...
    Hope everyone else here is having a great day also....and now I'm off for a run before the hurricane Earl hits, which should be interesting seeing as there is a very large biker rally happening here that seems to have taken over my town...lol...fun times...
    ...karoline...

felicity79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2 was better, but still need to improve my eating

So total cals for day 2 was 2050. It needs to be lower than that, but at least it was better than day 1.

Day 2 was back and biceps. I did several set of chinups and pullups, basically as many as I could do till complete failure, all assisted.

3 sets of barbell curls
    3 sets of one armed dumbbell rows

Day 3 has gotten off to a good start, I am headed to the lake now for the weekend and won't be updating again till Monday. Won't have access to weights, but I plan to swim as much as I can to get some cardio in and to do some bodyweight lunges and squats, pushups whenever I can. Going to the lake for us usually involves lots of drinking, so that will be my biggest challenge.

Everybody have a good holiday weekend.

tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by karoline8 View Post
    Good to see so much excitement here ...this eating thing is realy taking off for me, I finally got my deadlift back up to 165lbs last night, in Feburary I pulled my back really bad(had been up to 185lbs at the time) and after 2 months of avoiding that excercise all together, had to start over at 65lbs...this was a very sad thing for me...so I'm thrilled to actually be lifting some real weight again, and it's only getting better...all my lifts are going up so I'm really feeling onboard with my plan to eat and be merry at the moment ...lol...
    I'm glad your injury has healed now. I pulled my right lat a week ago (how awkward), and it was difficult to do almost anything - even driving with my right arm.

Originally Posted by tlam12 View Post
    [center] (\___/)
    (o\ /o)

[w]hoot [w]hoot!
    [center]
    this is cool. Looks like a cool mascot. Does the female misc have a mascot? I know the guys have Bert.

Edit: So the quote didn't quite line it up right. But the original pic is just a few posts up.

����������

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A 135 bench would be a dream for me. That and your 225 dead you sure can move heavy-ass weights.

This is a MAJOR work weekend for me; no play . I don't have to worry about partying away my goals.

I did, however, pull *something* in my back while I had a 35 lb. DB chained to my waist while doing a pull up. My chin DID clear the bar, so it counts <snork!> but I'm going back to BW pull ups for the next few upper body workouts till it feels normal again.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TGIF ladies!

Hit the gym for some legs, eating is on point, no complaints.

Last weekend we were very busy with parties, so this weekend we're just chillin.

Weekends can be tough when you're not on your normal weekly schedules. Stay strong ladies and dig deep!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Eat, Lift and be Merry! MNCurves's Avatar
    MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000) MNCurves is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rowyn- Thanks for the info, I will check that out! I am sucking at getting enough calories .. need to figure something else out. I eat until I'm stuffed but still not enough calories and I refuse to eat sh!t food. I finished eating supper awhile ago and I'm under 700 calories yet!! I'll look at the website you suggested and also go searching for other foods to eat ...I'm just not a big eater so this is a challenge ...and it's also probably why I can never lose fat weight.. I'm always losing my muscle weight!!!

Originally Posted by tntbabe View Post
    Yay for me turning down birthday cake today at work! There's like a birthday everyday here...

I feel good on day three. Still just as motivated. Gonna work on my back and biceps tonight woo hoo!

Feels good to be working out again

Great job!! Keep up the awesome work!!!

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today I did 25 minutes of jogging and some lunges. Afterwards I struggled to do 3 pushups. It sucks to be this weak. By the end of this challenge I want to be able to pump out at least 20.

My meals were good for the day.

Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Let's do this, ladies!
    Okay, perhaps I'm overly excited, however, I am hoping my optimism for everyone will reinforce their optimism as well

(\___/)
    (o\ /o)

[w]hoot [w]hoot!

I hope everyone is making progress and remaining on track.
    Patience brings progress.

There is no such a thing as overexcited.

Loved the owl!

Girls, as I had to do the weighting today for a thread on caloriecount.com, I wanted to share it with you too. I went from 122.8lb to 122.5lb. It feels as a good start.
    => "Like" me on ********: http://www.********.com/DebbieInShape
    => "Follow" me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DebbieInShape

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I pledge to stay on-plan with my eating today.

lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovelygiraffe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not a very good start for me :-( but it's going to get better :-) lol. I think that things will be a bit more organised when I go back to school on Monday. It doesn't help that I can't lift weights but hopefully my cough will get better soon so I can lift again :-). Once my nails have dried I will do some contortion training and maybe an ab workout or some handbalancing :-). Make sure you all have great workouts :-).
    My journal

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jumped on the scale today and back to 127, my stomach was looking nice with the bloat gone - silly ice cream! I got 11.5 hours of sleep and feel wonderful and ready to go to my regular gym. The school gym sucked (fancy-shmansy machines and a gazillion rooms, but not the stuff I needed) and it made me appreciate how great (I suppose more "hardcore") my usual gym is!

Exclamation

How often does everyone take a week off from lifting? When should you?
    I think my central nervous system is sending a message to me; lately i've had painful "knot" feelings on certain areas. I don't know if it's really that I "pulled" another muscle, but its quite painful.
    I'm assuming it is time to take off a week because I don't think i've taken off a week for months. Set aside, I have two consecutive rest days (Saturday and Sunday)

Oh, and I was going to post this thread elsewhere to the applicable section, but I thought this may help everyone to know when to take one week off.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good morning, day 4! Today's breakfast was a turkey burger with cheese, ketchup, lettuce, pickles & onions. Sigh, what a miserable transformation journey!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    You are a beast on that bench, 135, I'm jealous, I think I get sore even looking at a #135 bench.
    I spent some quality time with Dave Tate recently, lol. Just changing my form and the way I bench improved it by 25% immediately.

Originally Posted by Ellesse View Post
    I hope it's not too late to join
    Not too late, welcome!

Originally Posted by karoline8 View Post
    Good job on the deads, Karoline. I think you are looking pretty good in the new pics! Despite all that danged running you do lol. J/K

Originally Posted by MNCurves View Post
    Rowyn- Thanks for the info, I will check that out! I am sucking at getting enough calories .. need to figure something else out. I eat until I'm stuffed but still not enough calories and I refuse to eat sh!t food. I finished eating supper awhile ago and I'm under 700 calories yet!! I'll look at the website you suggested and also go searching for other foods to eat ...I'm just not a big eater so this is a challenge ...and it's also probably why I can never lose fat weight.. I'm always losing my muscle weight!!
    Wow, I think 700 cals is nearly what I need to eat in protein alone! Are you tracking protein and macro breakdown too? If you need food ideas, there is a recipe section in the Fem Nutrition forum

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=472029

There is also a great sticky on calculating cals and macros if you haven't already.

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Jumped on the scale today and back to 127, my stomach was looking nice with the bloat gone - silly ice cream!
    I totally do that with refined sugars myself, it almost makes them not worth eating since my stomach gets so bloated. Note however that I said "almost" lol.

I think this is very individual, depends on how you train as well, the intensity and effort. For me, we take some sort of family getaway or holiday 3-4 times a year, I use them for my weeks off. I will take an extra day here or there if I am feeling like I need more recovery. Then of course sometimes life forces a rest anyway, ha. I think some people don't take enough rest days during their regular week and get burnt out.

I had a "fun" moment today at the gym. My toddler and I were heading in and passed a man I often see on the floor of the weight room. He said to my son "hey, are you Mommy's junior bodybuilder?"

feelsgoodman.jpg
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Debbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a "fun" moment today at the gym. My toddler and I were heading in and passed a man I often see on the floor of the weight room. He said to my son "hey, are you Mommy's junior bodybuilder?"

feelsgoodman.jpg
    Really cool.

I am sure that your son will be proud of you when he grows up.

I went shopping today and had lunch at a "fast food" restaurant called Exki. They use bio products and healthy options for a fast meal.

It feels really good to pass in front of places like McDo, Pizza H etc without craving to go inside. This is already a major step for and I'm looking forward continuing this way.

*let's go girls!!!*
    => "Like" me on ********: http://www.********.com/DebbieInShape
    => "Follow" me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DebbieInShape

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think my central nervous system is sending a message to me; lately i've had painful "knot" feelings on certain areas. I don't know if it's really that I "pulled" another muscle, but its quite painful.
    I'm assuming it is time to take off a week because I don't think i've taken off a week for months. Set aside, I have two consecutive rest days (Saturday and Sunday)

Oh, and I was going to post this thread elsewhere to the applicable section, but I thought this may help everyone to know when to take one week off.
    I'm with Rowyn on this as I also believe that it is a very individual thing. I think you have to listen to your body and when you feel the need to rest do so...I've made the mistake in the not so distant past of putting off rest week after week until it was 6 months later, I got so run down I was getting sick every other month then I got really sick and was forced to take time off, so it's definetly worth it to take a little rest sometimes.
    ...karoline...