Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Workout Questions...

hi all, i need some questions answered and i was wondering if you can help...

How do i check my body fat, sucked in or let it all out? (kind of a stupid question but i want to be completely sure)

Also,

I have started me 5 day split routine with 10 minute cardio to cut...

Is that good or bad?

just targetting the main areas...abs, biceps, legs, shoulders, chest, triceps, back

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Guru_101011 View Post
    hi all, i need some questions answered and i was wondering if you can help...

How do i check my body fat, sucked in or let it all out? (kind of a stupid question but i want to be completely sure)

Also,

I have started me 5 day split routine with 10 minute cardio to cut...

Is that good or bad?

just targetting the main areas...abs, biceps, legs, shoulders, chest, triceps, back
    Hi mate, welcome. If you want to check your bodyfat, most gyms offer that service, they'll do it with calipers if you ask them, and give advice on whether to suck it in or whathever. However, most bodyfat measurement tests are pretty unreliablie, the mirror is probably the best way to check your bodyfat. As for your workout, there are other options which, in my opinion, are a lot better for a beginner. 5 day split seems like a cool idea, specially because so many people do them, but truth is, there are other routines that probably work better for most peolple to put on mass. Some people like the SS (check stickies), or you can check for other great fullbody workouts based on compound movements which will probably be your best bet, AT LEAST for now. That being said, what does your routine look like?

Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Guru_101011 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    10 Minute interval run on cardio before every excercise - 2 minute walk, 2 minute jog, 2 minute run, 2 minute job, 2 minute run. Befor begining lifitng each day...

Monday - Legs, Triceps, Abs
    Walking Lunge
    Squat
    Bench Dip
    Dumbbell tricep extension
    v-up
    stitup

Tuesday - Chest, Biceps
    Barbell bench press
    DB Incline press
    DB Flye
    DB bicep curl
    Pushup

Wednesday - Back
    Deadlift
    barbell bent-over
    One-arm row
    Situp

Thursday - Shoulders
    Shrug
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell lateral raise
    Rear lat raise
    reverse crunch

Friday - Biceps
    barbell curl
    Hamer curl
    incline dumbell curl
    alternative db curls
    alternative hammer curls

bump

stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    10 Minute interval run on cardio before every excercise - 2 minute walk, 2 minute jog, 2 minute run, 2 minute job, 2 minute run. Befor begining lifitng each day...

Walking Lunge
    Squat
    Bench Dip
    v-up
    stitup

Tuesday - Chest, Biceps
    Barbell bench press
    DB Incline press
    DB Flye
    DB bicep curl
    Pushup

Wednesday - Back
    Deadlift
    barbell bent-over
    One-arm row
    Situp

Thursday - Shoulders
    Shrug
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell lateral raise
    Rear lat raise
    reverse crunch

Friday - Biceps
    barbell curl
    Hamer curl
    incline dumbell curl
    alternative db curls
    alternative hammer curls
    Your cardio suggestions is stupid and counterproductive. You want to save your energy stores for heavy lifting. Doing HIIT before your workout will make your lifts suffer and will hurt your gains. Do that cardio on it's own day.

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Walking Lunge
    Squat
    Bench Dip
    v-up
    stitup

Tuesday - Chest, Biceps
    Barbell bench press
    DB Incline press
    DB Flye
    DB bicep curl
    Pushup

Wednesday - Back
    Deadlift
    barbell bent-over
    One-arm row
    Situp

Thursday - Shoulders
    Shrug
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell lateral raise
    Rear lat raise
    reverse crunch

Friday - Biceps
    barbell curl
    Hamer curl
    incline dumbell curl
    alternative db curls
    alternative hammer curls
    Sorry mate, but you can probably make a better workout. You have a biceps day... That's a tremendous waste of time. Usually, the human body is divided into 4 major body parts: Legs, Chest, Back and Shoulders. The arms are composed of smaller muscles, and are usually worked with Chest and Back. Now, you should have in mind that isolation exercises (you have a lot of them in your workout routine) are not supposed to add mass, but rather to completely exhaust a muscle after a compound movement. Compound movements are a lot more more productive, and you should use a lot of them in your routine. I also see that you really want big biceps (you train them with chest and you give them a dedicated day), but you're not training them the way they're supposed to be trained, and they won't grow as much as you expect. I suggest you read some of the stickies, and I will try to give some useful articles to read, because your routine seems a little messy to be honest.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'll give you some good articles to read.

EDIT 2: There you go:

http://www.weightrainer.net/training/training.html

Read this website mate, the "The 'Making A Strength/Size Routine' Series" articles will help you a lot. I do suggest a lot of articles from this website, because it is packed with realy good AND RELIABLE information, and it has helped me put on quite some muscle. So, good luck!
    Last edited by SpongeBobNoPant; 08-19-2010 at 10:33 AM.