kumt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What chest exercises can I do? No bench press :)

I recently started to workout (vegetarian!!) and among my compound lifts, my bench press sucks because my chest is really, really weak.

Being an ectomorph, I have longs hands and they wobble a lot when bench pressing heavier weights. Yesterday, the weights almost fell on me and now I'm really nervous bench pressing heavier weights. But, I really want a massive chest without killing myself
    Please advise what other effective chest exercises I can do ? Cable exercises? Not a fan of machines in general. I do many pushups + dips easily but it feels like I have reached a plateau w.r.t pushups and dips. (I have access to a good gym with all equipments.)

My pic below, feel free to comment on the pics and what I should be focusing on more. Thanks.

(http)://h.imagehost.org/view/0271/1_63
    (http)://h.imagehost.org/view/0431/2_34
    -------
    5'11", 155 lb

Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    get a spotter.

it doesn't matter what your body type is.
    your arms are wobbling because your stabilizers suck. they will get better with more benching.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=515913953 - log.

Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kupid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Use DBs

hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kumt View Post
    I recently started to workout (vegetarian!!) and among my compound lifts, my bench press sucks because my chest is really, really weak.

Being an ectomorph, I have longs hands and they wobble a lot when bench pressing heavier weights. Yesterday, the weights almost fell on me and now I'm really nervous bench pressing heavier weights. But, I really want a massive chest without killing myself
    Please advise what other effective chest exercises I can do ? Cable exercises? Not a fan of machines in general. I do many pushups + dips easily but it feels like I have reached a plateau w.r.t pushups and dips. (I have access to a good gym with all equipments.)

My pic below, feel free to comment on the pics and what I should be focusing on more. Thanks.

-------
    5'11", 155 lb
    if u think ur an ectomorph... ur crazy. eat,eat,eat. and then guess what eat again to gain muscle. most protein comes from meats 2. so u might need to change a few things
    i dont mean to be harsh... im just tryen to help

AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) AHF_DrgKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb hmmhmmm

I suggest to do plan B, which is to build up your chest by pushups. Do them right and start having a routine. Use dumbells, they are a great to start off easy and you may go light.

I like to use the cable machine for flies and other chest exercises that I find really helpful.

Good luck!
    /\ /\
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    --"-"--
    "Form, FOrm, FORm, FORM!!!"

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dumbbell benching, dumbbell flies, dumbbell pullovers, renegade rows, weighted dips, cable crossovers, pec deck, pushups with feet elevated at varying heights
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

xRedsx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    db flys, weighted dips, also very slow diamond push-ups

jazz88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kupid View Post
    Use DBs
    This

WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop being vegetarian.

Bring on picture sigs.

rapeback

mr.001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one arm push up

mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

-------
    5'11", 155 lb
    if your stabilization sucks do the plank exercise to build up your core, shoulder and back stabilizers, aim for 90 seconds then add on more time after you reach that

build up your shoulder and back to get a more effective bench press. a stronger back and shoulders will allow you to have a stronger and better formed bench press

bench with different angles from decline to incline, use dbs, smith machine and a barbell

get a spotter

between each set make sure you have rested for 1-3 minutes to restore atp

you have to eat and rest to grow so make sure you are getting 1-2g of protein per lb of lbm a day and eat plenty of carbs pre and post workout, get lots of sleep and only do weighted chest exercises once a week.
    NASM-CPT

jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WlLD View Post
    Stop being vegetarian.
    this, minus the
    Originally Posted by WlLD View Post
    for seriousness

blackhatfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-------
    5'11", 155 lb
    It's normal for beginners to have a slight "wobble" during the bench press. That's the wonderful thing about free weights... Your body learns how to lift the weight and balance it at the same time. Professional lifters make the lift look 2D (up and down), but there's a lot more involved.

Since you don't have a bench, you can do floor presses. Use the same form as you would on a bench. To get the bar into position for a floor press, you need to perform a hip thrust.

The bench press is definitely one of the best exercises for the chest (when done correctly) but it isn't my favorite lower chest exercise. My favorite lower chest exercise is wide dips on parallel bars. When it becomes easy, add weight. (Use a weighted vest, dip belt, or get a back pack and put heavy stuff inside.)

Try not to use heavy weights too soon. Pick a weight that you can lift 12-15 times.

I hope that helps.