Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'3", 242 lbs
    SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SemperMachina's BodySpace

Dream with dead father(not dead irl)- and relating to God...strange lucid dream

I posted this in the misc as well but I most likely won't get any serious replies there so i'll post it here as well. I think this is important and that someone is trying to tell me something.

A little bit about why I think this is important:
    -I have insomnia, and this is the first time I have gotten sleep before 12pm(very tired for some reason) and the first dream I have had....which was I think called a 'lucid' dream.

-My parents leave for their holiday today(this will make sense when I tell you about the dream)

Also, please don't be idiots, this is the strangest dream i've ever experienced(why I'm posting it on a forum....i don't know), i'm being serious, just see what you can make of it. There are no cliffs.

Ok, so the dream:

In this dream I woke up on a strange beach at nighttime, it was beautiful but very eerie, it was really peaceful but it was way too silent for my liking, I couldn't hear anything but the slow crashing of the waves.

I turned around to look behind me and my father was standing there with very pale skin....(in my dream I knew he was dead......he is alive IRL), I could feel the sand in my toes and the nice cool breeze, I could feel everything.

My dad walked over to me slowly and gave me a hug, his skin was very cold, but he had a kind smile on his face and made a joke about me having tears in my eyes(can't remember the joke). I laughed and we walked into a small hut on the beach, where my mother was talking to me while I sat in my chair talking to my father.....it was like she couldn't see my dad, she started saying "you need to get your footy gear washed and ready for tomorrow"- we always argue about how I don't need to be reminded, she was washing dishes and not looking at me while we were talking.

Dad said to me with a laugh "she still does that does she?" I laughed aswell and said "why can't she see you but I can?" - "I only appear to the person I am speaking to, mum will only see you sitting in the chair giving your normal responses and not see you talking to some invisible person in a chair, but you can see me and talk to me and also see her"

I was confused so dad took me for a walk on the beach outside, the beach had changed, in the sky there were like 4 or 5 moons(yes moons) one really massive one in the middle of the sky and other smaller moons in different directions, on top of the water hovering over it were beautiful little lights, flickering, moving slowly in the air above the water, their must have been millions of them. They were so strange looking. The wind had changed and was beautiful now, like on the most perfect night you've ever imagined.

I was in shock at all that changed and dad turned to me and said "you havn't asked me yet, I thought you would be more curious!" So I turned to him trying to hold back tears and asked "What's God like?" Dad said "He moves really really slow, these lights on top of the waves are what we look like when we rest, he is the brightest light, because he is the most enlightened spirit, he moves as though he is going somewhere, but he isn't worried about how long it will take to get there....he's got all the time ever created. He is very kind, like we used to think. He will often tell you "You did well today" "I'm proud of you" "That was very kind of you to do"- things like that, he doesn't exactly say them, but we all have a special connection with each other when we are in light where we do not need to speak."

[So all this time i'm feeling everything, it's amazing to me, but i also feel sad. I want to wake up out of my dream and see my father that is alive, but I also want to stay and find out more.]

I asked dad "What's it like to be dead?"

He says "We cannot cry, we can't show tears, we don't feel anger, we aren't worried, we are in harmony, we seek further happiness through true enlightenment(i think he said this, otherwise i can't remember) we can choose to appear to people, we can't hurt people. We reside in heaven, what you see now"

I asked him "why does heaven look like this, i thought it'd be different"

He said "i thought that too, but He(God I guess?) says to all those who join the light that new places are strange at first, but with every new place comes the possibility of a new home. Although it varies when we are the light, you do not see heaven the way we see it, but like all good things you will have to wait and see _____(he said my name and gave me his old cheeky smile)"

I looked out at the beach once more, it looked beautiful, but it seemed really eerie to me.

I woke up and was covered in cold sweat, so I went and had a shower and posted this, dad is asleep in the next room. I don't know if this is some sort of a sign(as he leaves with mum on a holiday on this exact day, and this is the first time I've really had a dream/sleep before 12pm in months-i usually sleep at 8-9am) or maybe this is just some stupid strange dream.

I don't know what the misc can make of this but there aren't any cliffs.

Stats: 6'4", 225 lbs
    burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit burnedfish's BodySpace
    Very interesting dream. I don't think our dreams are any kind of omen of future events. Where are they traveling to? Are they going to a shoreline?

Are you anxious at all about them leaving, before the dream I mean?
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Ducks eat for free at Subway

SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SemperMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by burnedfish View Post
    Very interesting dream. I don't think our dreams are any kind of omen of future events. Where are they traveling to? Are they going to a shoreline?

They are going to my aunt's place and travelling around one of the major city's here in Aus, I don't think they'll be going to a shoreline but the city does have beaches. I wasn't anxious about them leaving before the dream, I was happy because my dad works heaps and so does my mum and I felt they deserved a nice relaxing holiday, this dream has made me anxious though. It was just so strange to feel, hear and smell everything in my dream, it was very real but eerie as well and I somehow knew it wasn't real.

burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) burnedfish has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by SemperMachina View Post
    They are going to my aunt's place and travelling around one of the major city's here in Aus, I don't think they'll be going to a shoreline but the city does have beaches. I wasn't anxious about them leaving before the dream, I was happy because my dad works heaps and so does my mum and I felt they deserved a nice relaxing holiday, this dream has made me anxious though. It was just so strange to feel, hear and smell everything in my dream, it was very real but eerie as well and I somehow knew it wasn't real.
    So are you more anxious about the vividness and lucidity of the dream, or the content?

Stats: 5'8", 184 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11771
    SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SenorSan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit SenorSan's BodySpace
    That does sound strange - like a lot of dreams are. Your mind does funny things while you are unconscious, but that was literally just your brain going haywire as you slept. That wasn't reality, the people you were thinking of weren't real (I hate to go "inception" but they were "projections"), and all dialogues and experiences that happened were simply taking place inside of your imagination. It is really simple, and it is hard for some people to separate, but I'm fairly positive that nothing that your "dad" said was valid and the only meanings that could be drawn from the dream are possible emotional motives for you come up with that. Nothing about the future or reality, purely psychological.
    *Scientist Crew*

sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sithroya has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sithroya's BodySpace

BodyPoints: 10804
    BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit BIGNFIT's BodySpace
    I posted this in the misc as well but I most likely won't get any serious replies there so i'll post it here as well. I think this is important and that someone is trying to tell me something.

-I have insomnia, and this is the first time I have gotten sleep before 12pm(very tired for some reason) and the first dream I have had....which was I think called a 'lucid' dream.

-My parents leave for their holiday today(this will make sense when I tell you about the dream)

Also, please don't be idiots, this is the strangest dream i've ever experienced(why I'm posting it on a forum....i don't know), i'm being serious, just see what you can make of it. There are no cliffs.

Ok, so the dream:

In this dream I woke up on a strange beach at nighttime, it was beautiful but very eerie, it was really peaceful but it was way too silent for my liking, I couldn't hear anything but the slow crashing of the waves.

I turned around to look behind me and my father was standing there with very pale skin....(in my dream I knew he was dead......he is alive IRL), I could feel the sand in my toes and the nice cool breeze, I could feel everything.

My dad walked over to me slowly and gave me a hug, his skin was very cold, but he had a kind smile on his face and made a joke about me having tears in my eyes(can't remember the joke). I laughed and we walked into a small hut on the beach, where my mother was talking to me while I sat in my chair talking to my father.....it was like she couldn't see my dad, she started saying "you need to get your footy gear washed and ready for tomorrow"- we always argue about how I don't need to be reminded, she was washing dishes and not looking at me while we were talking.

Dad said to me with a laugh "she still does that does she?" I laughed aswell and said "why can't she see you but I can?" - "I only appear to the person I am speaking to, mum will only see you sitting in the chair giving your normal responses and not see you talking to some invisible person in a chair, but you can see me and talk to me and also see her"

I was confused so dad took me for a walk on the beach outside, the beach had changed, in the sky there were like 4 or 5 moons(yes moons) one really massive one in the middle of the sky and other smaller moons in different directions, on top of the water hovering over it were beautiful little lights, flickering, moving slowly in the air above the water, their must have been millions of them. They were so strange looking. The wind had changed and was beautiful now, like on the most perfect night you've ever imagined.

I was in shock at all that changed and dad turned to me and said "you havn't asked me yet, I thought you would be more curious!" So I turned to him trying to hold back tears and asked "What's God like?" Dad said "He moves really really slow, these lights on top of the waves are what we look like when we rest, he is the brightest light, because he is the most enlightened spirit, he moves as though he is going somewhere, but he isn't worried about how long it will take to get there....he's got all the time ever created. He is very kind, like we used to think. He will often tell you "You did well today" "I'm proud of you" "That was very kind of you to do"- things like that, he doesn't exactly say them, but we all have a special connection with each other when we are in light where we do not need to speak."

[So all this time i'm feeling everything, it's amazing to me, but i also feel sad. I want to wake up out of my dream and see my father that is alive, but I also want to stay and find out more.]

He says "We cannot cry, we can't show tears, we don't feel anger, we aren't worried, we are in harmony, we seek further happiness through true enlightenment(i think he said this, otherwise i can't remember) we can choose to appear to people, we can't hurt people. We reside in heaven, what you see now"

He said "i thought that too, but He(God I guess?) says to all those who join the light that new places are strange at first, but with every new place comes the possibility of a new home. Although it varies when we are the light, you do not see heaven the way we see it, but like all good things you will have to wait and see _____(he said my name and gave me his old cheeky smile)"

I looked out at the beach once more, it looked beautiful, but it seemed really eerie to me.

I woke up and was covered in cold sweat, so I went and had a shower and posted this, dad is asleep in the next room. I don't know if this is some sort of a sign(as he leaves with mum on a holiday on this exact day, and this is the first time I've really had a dream/sleep before 12pm in months-i usually sleep at 8-9am) or maybe this is just some stupid strange dream.

Travel with them. One sentence caught my attention, what your mom asked you to do:

"you need to get your footy gear washed and ready for tomorrow", within the dream.
    My LORD is the LORD of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed(peace and blessings be upon them). I do know how the manufacturing clique marketing system works within, how it operates, and manipulates members/clients, lots of hype and lies. In 100 supplements nowadays, there might be only one good.
    Companies I would buy from:
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

So are you more anxious about the vividness and lucidity of the dream, or the content?
    Both, they both freaked the hell out of me, i've had a couple of lucids dreams before, but none like this. I didn't even know dreams like this were possible. But damn, the beach was creepy but it looked gorgeous, these little lights floating above the water, maybe it's something to do with my sub conscious, like a collaberation of things my sub conscious has seen and heard from people irl and on movies. I'm not too sure.....still in awe about the dream though

Originally Posted by SenorSan View Post
    That does sound strange - like a lot of dreams are. Your mind does funny things while you are unconscious, but that was literally just your brain going haywire as you slept. That wasn't reality, the people you were thinking of weren't real (I hate to go "inception" but they were "projections"), and all dialogues and experiences that happened were simply taking place inside of your imagination. It is really simple, and it is hard for some people to separate, but I'm fairly positive that nothing that your "dad" said was valid and the only meanings that could be drawn from the dream are possible emotional motives for you come up with that. Nothing about the future or reality, purely psychological.
    Yeah this is what i'm thinking, I hope it is anyways, how do lucid dreams work? Are you meant to feel, smell, see everything?

Originally Posted by BIGNFIT View Post
    Travel with them. One sentence caught my attention, what your mom asked you to do:

"you need to get your footy gear washed and ready for tomorrow", within the dream.
    Yeah man I know, that's what's freaking me out,i play footy tomorrow, but i also play on saturday sooo i'm not sure what to make of it

It says a part of the soul when sleeping is freed and ascends to a higher level of spirituality, as much as it felt like that, I don't know if I can believe that. And if so, why would it happen to someone like me? I figure it'd happen to people who devote their lives to religion, if anyone.

BodyPoints: 10804
    BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit BIGNFIT's BodySpace
    Both, they both freaked the hell out of me, i've had a couple of lucids dreams before, but none like this. I didn't even know dreams like this were possible. But damn, the beach was creepy but it looked gorgeous, these little lights floating above the water, maybe it's something to do with my sub conscious, like a collaberation of things my sub conscious has seen and heard from people irl and on movies. I'm not too sure.....still in awe about the dream though

Yeah this is what i'm thinking, I hope it is anyways, how do lucid dreams work? Are you meant to feel, smell, see everything?

Yeah man I know, that's what's freaking me out,i play footy tomorrow, but i also play on saturday sooo i'm not sure what to make of it
    For me, it means to sobre up in life, maybe there is something(s) you need to stop doing, or even to improve whatever you are doing good; tomorrow for me would mean the other life, when you will face, as everyone of us, the LORD to answer few questions, HE will ask you. I am thinking and guessing, and the LORD knows more and better.
    My LORD is the LORD of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed(peace and blessings be upon them). I do know how the manufacturing clique marketing system works within, how it operates, and manipulates members/clients, lots of hype and lies. In 100 supplements nowadays, there might be only one good.
    Companies I would buy from:
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

I know it's not the same as you experienced, but I have experienced some dreams that I swore were real, even after waking. Had a lucid dream where I controlled part of it (a man appeared in my dream and I consciously moved him) and it freaked me out for a while.

I also had a dream where my dead brother appeared in the car I was in, and I couldn't look at his face. He kept asking me, "why can't you look at me? Why can't you look at me?" That messed me up for a while, really freaked me out...

Originally Posted by BIGNFIT View Post
    For me, it means to sobre up in life, maybe there is something(s) you need to stop doing, or even to improve whatever you are doing good; tomorrow for me would mean the other life, when you will face, as everyone of us, the LORD to answer few questions, HE will ask you. I am thinking and guessing, and the LORD knows more and better.
    Yeah true, I'm not very good with interpreting this kind of stuff, maybe it is something like that.

I know it's not the same as you experienced, but I have experienced some dreams that I swore were real, even after waking. Had a lucid dream where I controlled part of it (a man appeared in my dream and I consciously moved him) and it freaked me out for a while.

I also had a dream where my dead brother appeared in the car I was in, and I couldn't look at his face. He kept asking me, "why can't you look at me? Why can't you look at me?" That messed me up for a while, really freaked me out...
    Damn man...that is a bad dream, did you feel everything etc?

Yeah true, I'm not very good with interpreting this kind of stuff, maybe it is something like that.

Damn man...that is a bad dream, did you feel everything etc?
    I felt everything in the sense that I could remember much of the detail. Perhaps our dreams all entail the vividness you described, but our memory of the dream makes it appear less so, I don't know.

When my brother died, I never really dealt with it, so my mom thought that the dream was an indication that I never really looked at him or his death properly. I am somewhat inclined to believe some of the content of our dreams may be unresolved issues.

Bodymore, Murderland. YARDGORILLA's Avatar
    Stats: 6'4", 250 lbs
    YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) YARDGORILLA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit YARDGORILLA's BodySpace

I felt everything in the sense that I could remember much of the detail. Perhaps our dreams all entail the vividness you described, but our memory of the dream makes it appear less so, I don't know.

When my brother died, I never really dealt with it, so my mom thought that the dream was an indication that I never really looked at him or his death properly. I am somewhat inclined to believe some of the content of our dreams may be unresolved issues.
    maybe not his death properly, maybe his life.
    Gay Friendly(no homo)-/Black Friendly(no racist)-/Hick Friendly(no inbred)
    "It all began in Afrika"

Originally Posted by YARDGORILLA View Post
    maybe not his death properly, maybe his life.
    Yeah, I think proper grief includes examination of the life lived. It was so long ago, I was 10, that memories fade too.

OP, is there something in particular that is worrying you about the dream?

Zombie Defense Expert El Gilbro's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 217 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18552
    El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) El Gilbro has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit El Gilbro's BodySpace
    I can see how that could throw your for a loop, OP. Especially considering how vivid it was and the subject matter. (Lucid dreams are generally defined as dreams that you have some degree of control over whether it's only your actions or control over every single aspect of it.)

Anxiety/stress combined with insomnia probably put your mind in a state where some things in your subconscious were drudged up. Maybe your dream was something symbolic of your relationship with your dad. Maybe deep down you want more conversations with your dad similar to the ones in your dream before he's gone (not necessarily the same subject matter, but on the same emotional connections).

I'm sure you could find a million interpretations from people all over the world/internet that could range from everything as purely psychological/scientific explanations to very spiritual explanations that have your soul and your dad's meeting out of space and time on some other plane. Dreams are very interesting and confusing when you start to read up on them because we know so little about them and there are so many different theories on what they are and what they mean. Different cultures intentionally put their minds into these states to have powerful dreams like this and consider it something spiritual while other cultures will write it off as a wacky, nonsensical experience brought on by everyday stressors that build up.

I've had very vivid and sometimes lucid dreams involving my dead father that really shook me upon waking up. One dream was so vivid and had just enough lucidity to it that I could control my own actions within it that when I woke up it had me literally sobbing like a damn baby because it felt that I had reconnected with my dad across some metaphysical barrier.

Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8171
    GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) GermanBB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit GermanBB's BodySpace
    just an interesting note.......... the beach is said to be the meeting place between the living and the dead within a dream... srs
    ®®® Rand Paul 2016 ®®®

We need systems approach to government, no longer partisan patchwork

reps: confuoco

Originally Posted by GermanBB View Post
    just an interesting note.......... the beach is said to be the meeting place between the living and the dead within a dream... srs
    Serious? Why is that? In the dream my dad referred to it as 'heaven' but not the heaven the dead see, just the heaven the living can see. It looked like no other beach i've seen, it looked like something animated with like (this sounds stupid) visual effects that havn't been invented yet, but was real. Like something out of the twilight zone

Originally Posted by El Gilbro View Post
    I can see how that could throw your for a loop, OP. Especially considering how vivid it was and the subject matter. (Lucid dreams are generally defined as dreams that you have some degree of control over whether it's only your actions or control over every single aspect of it.)

Anxiety/stress combined with insomnia probably put your mind in a state where some things in your subconscious were drudged up. Maybe your dream was something symbolic of your relationship with your dad. Maybe deep down you want more conversations with your dad similar to the ones in your dream before he's gone (not necessarily the same subject matter, but on the same emotional connections).

I'm sure you could find a million interpretations from people all over the world/internet that could range from everything as purely psychological/scientific explanations to very spiritual explanations that have your soul and your dad's meeting out of space and time on some other plane. Dreams are very interesting and confusing when you start to read up on them because we know so little about them and there are so many different theories on what they are and what they mean. Different cultures intentionally put their minds into these states to have powerful dreams like this and consider it something spiritual while other cultures will write it off as a wacky, nonsensical experience brought on by everyday stressors that build up.

I've had very vivid and sometimes lucid dreams involving my dead father that really shook me upon waking up. One dream was so vivid and had just enough lucidity to it that I could control my own actions within it that when I woke up it had me literally sobbing like a damn baby because it felt that I had reconnected with my dad across some metaphysical barrier.
    I guess yeah, i've been stressed a bit. But last night's sleep I slept like any normal person, after this dream happened. So maybe the dream was something that was playing on my mind (subconsciously) and now I am no longer stressed and can sleep well?
    Maybe?

Yeah my dream felt a bit like that too, maybe many people have these types of dreams, but then again, i can't really compare because no one else has our dreams, only we experience our own dreams.

Yeah, I think proper grief includes examination of the life lived. It was so long ago, I was 10, that memories fade too.

OP, is there something in particular that is worrying you about the dream?
    The only thing worrying me about it is I want to know if dreams like this actually happen to people, it felt like I wasn't in my bed, i felt the sand, i felt everything, smelled everything, when me and my father were walking along I was consciously looking at the waves and thinking other thoughts, I was thinking about this being a dream and I was wondering how can dreams be this vivid, i was thinking all this in my own dream.

ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ghost 009 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ghost 009's BodySpace
    I've had a dream that played out every detail exactly in real life before. Just saying, and it wasn't something that could just be dreamed of and then just happen, I'm talking about an actual premonition. Just letting people aware of this.
    Ron Paul 2012

Stats: 6'1", 224 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2436
    jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit jake24's BodySpace

I think most dreams are insignificant (I have really stupid dreams sometimes), but sometimes God does give a person a dream, time and time again in the bible God used dreams to tell them things, often things about the future... I myself have had dreams and have them come to pass in the future.. I once had a dream that my grandmother died and it happened within a year... One time I had a bone in my foot crushed and I had to have surgery, and while I was recovering I had a dream that I had to go and have a second surgery, which orginally was not part of the plan, and a couple of months later - I had to have that second surgery just like my dream had shown me.
    Look there's an Atheist..... I don't believe it for it is written every Knee shall Bow and every Tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. (www.gotquestions.org) (www.christiananswers.net)

jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) jake24 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit jake24's BodySpace

Ok, so the dream:

Your dream really does sound like a dream from God in my opinion, and I dont state that lightly, because I think most dreams are insignificant, there is a spiritual component to yours.... I am not much for dream interpretation, but I did pick up a few ideas, you already got some of the interpretation of the dream - where your dad described certain meanings of the dream like the lights on the water being spirits... Before I even read what your father spoke in the dream, I came to the conclusion that the lights on the water represented the heavenly host and that the 4 moons represented either God/ or a timeframe, or both - for they shine with greater light, the really massive moon in the middle is a representation of God, and the other 4 moons in my opinion represent a timeframe of 4 years, or the 4 moons represent north, south, east, and west as described as your statement of different directions .... In the bible water represents the spirit of God, as your dad said the lights on the waters were us at rest and as the scriptures says that Jesus Christ says to all sinners (come to me and I will give you rest)... Your dad said God moves slow - and the scriptures says he is patient and longsuffering not willing for anyone to perish but that all men should come to repentance and come to know him - he gives humans a time to search for him and repent of their sins and follow Christ to be made right with him..... You also mentioned wind changing - wind also is a representation of the spirit of God - he is saying things are going to change or your need to change.... You mentioned light - the bible says God is light - he is a being of light and he lightens all men, your dad said about heaven that they cannot cry and the word of God says that in heaven God shall wipe away all tears... Your dad says about heaven and coming to the light that at the beginning things are new, the bible says that when a man comes to Christ all things become new and Christ is called the light of the world, plus when a man becomes a follower of Christ he is now a legal citizen of the kingdom of heaven, your dad says with new places come new homes, Christ says in my fathers house are many mansions, that he gone to prepare a place for you, your father said like all good things - the bible says all good things come from the father above.... Your dad constanly mentioned the light which represents God and truth - the scriptures says men love darkeness rather than light less there evil Deeds be exposed, but those who are of God come into the light - I think the dreams is calling you to come into the light - if you haven't already done so you need to repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ (HE IS THE TRUE LIGHT - THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD), and start seeking the face of God. (www.Christiananswers.net)
    Look there's an Atheist..... I don't believe it for it is written every Knee shall Bow and every Tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. (www.gotquestions.org) (www.christiananswers.net)

Visit jake24's BodySpace

Ok, so the dream:

Also this might not have been a dream it might be what the bible calls a night vision - where God gives a man a vision in the night... another thing I didnt comment on stands out the phrase (get your footy gear washed and ready for tomorrow)... The words washed and ready to me sounds like an urge found in the bible - the word washed can mean washed from your sins - or washed in the blood of Christ which brings the forgiveness of sins and the words ready for tommorrow is warning you to be ready for the future (Mathew 24:44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect)... I really do believe God gave you a dream to call you into the light - it appears to me he is calling your to repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ... Heres some verses on being washed (acts 2:16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name0 (Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit) (1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness) I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. (Revelation 7:14 They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.) (Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water). (1 John 1:7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.)
    Last edited by jake24; 08-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.