Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KAbjorn View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm an ROTC cadet. Bench press doesn't do Sh*t for pushups. So if I need to improve on pushups, I do a pushup routine, I don't hit the bench. Same thing for running. I don't need the power and extra mass from squats, I need what I previously listed in my earlier post.

I'm a "bitch ass long distance runner" hmmm.... I'm 6'5 and weigh 210, I run long distances, and I'm bigger then you. So yeah. You can run long distances and still maintain muscle mass. How does it feel to know a "skinny ass" cross country guy is bigger then you?
    ugh. well if the whole point is that you do pushups and sprints to "work" your legs and upper body then the purpose of this thread is null and void as it was about having muscle and running long distance. And even then wth are you doing on bodybuilding.com if your a long distance runner who doesn't even lift?

ur bigger than me huh?

orly.

get the **** out. Ur 6 ****ing 5 and you only weigh 207. I'm 6 1 and I weigh 211.
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret! We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist.

avi is old
    current physique here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126675123

xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PCFootball24 View Post
    You have 4 inches and 17 pounds on him. I would rather be 6'1" 190 lbs than 6'5" 207 any day.
    my stats are way old brah
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret! We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist.

avi is old
    current physique here

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Well sweetie... I'll listen to the professionals on this one. You know the football trainer people and the multiple other professional trainers who agree. Heavy weighted leg work is done during specific times of the year in our training. (specifically in the offseason and very early training season) Most of the real football season though it is sprints, plyos and sports specific training as well as games that work our legs.

Since switching from BBing to football, I do very little weighted leg training.

When you graduate from school and have actually coached a winning season with a pro team, come back and give some advice on this to me.
    you're not ****ing professional for christ's sake. just because you call your self professional doesn't mean your playing at a professional level. no professional ball player will play at 47 years old. this bull**** has gone far and enough, any high school football team that respects itself would beat the crap out of you. that's not ****ing pro, you didn't play high school football, you didn't play college, and you weren't drafted and you weren't a free agent. you played for a club for a few years and you just happen to be picked off from a league that will shut down from lack of funding in a few years. stop ****ing calling your self a professional ball player, you don't deserve to say that.

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm thinking that NFL teams are NOT training legs (or any other body part) in any serious/heavy way during the actual game season and especially not near the end of the season. It takes nearly a full week to recover from a game as the season ramps in and the players get faster and hit harder. Serious weight and bbing type training is done in the off season and early part of pre season. After that, the heavy weight training begins to give way to conditioning training and then to technical training as the season ramps in. Once games begin, the actual work of training hard "physically" ramps down significantly so we can use ourselves in the games. We save our legs for the field work that we do, the technical training and the games at that point == little to no weighted leg training. We will still work upper and do plyo and bw leg stuff, but not the squats, deads and other heavy work. It really isn't such a bad thing bro. It's called training for your sport.
    actually most NFL teams do train their athletes, not sure about heavy or not but they're all doing squats, cleans and benches year round. most NFL teams are also stupid as hell so they do 1/4 squats, reverse curls and bench. you'd go to any gym that produced results because of its training and not because of the caliber of athletes going in there and you'd see they train hard year round. granted they don't train heavy during the season, especially lower body, but they still squat and ****.
    second of all you realize that the stress on the legs and the whole body is different in lifting than its in running, right?

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DriveMyWhey View Post
    ... you don't deserve to say that.
    You need to grow up my friend and get a grip. There are MANY, MANY professional athletes outside of the scope of the ones you see on TV and in other limelights. Take the IFBB pros on this board for example. Most of them do not make a penny for what they do. But yet they have earned their pro card and I respect that and will not minimalize what they have accomplished because my own personal definition of pro is different from the real definintion. In other words... They are still professional athletes. Even if it pisses you off.

actually most NFL teams do train their athletes, not sure about heavy or not but they're all doing squats, cleans and benches year round. most NFL teams are also stupid as hell so they do 1/4 squats, reverse curls and bench. you'd go to any gym that produced results because of its training and not because of the caliber of athletes going in there and you'd see they train hard year round. granted they don't train heavy during the season, especially lower body, but they still squat and ****.
    second of all you realize that the stress on the legs and the whole body is different in lifting than its in running, right?
    Please enlighten me to the professional coaches and trainers that you have talked to that you have this knowledge. I have access to this information from our training camps and talking to some NFL and even NBA players this past year. What is your connection to the information?

You need to grow up my friend and get a grip. There are MANY, MANY professional athletes outside of the scope of the ones you see on TV and in other limelights. Take the IFBB pros on this board for example. Most of them do not make a penny for what they do. But yet they have earned their pro card and I respect that and will not minimalize what they have accomplished because my own personal definition of pro is different from the real definintion. In other words... They are still professional athletes. Even if it pisses you off.

Please enlighten me to the professional coaches and trainers that you have talked to that you have this knowledge. I have access to this information from our training camps and talking to some NFL and even NBA players this past year. What is your connection to the information?
    bodybuilders are not athletes.

i didn't talk to any professional coaches and trainers, but if you talked to some of them and you actually listen to that load of bull**** then good for you, most athletes in the professional leagues are genetically blessed and they'll be good no matter what you'll put them through. you can do whatever you want, i don't care, but giving that stupid of an advice is just... why would anyone work so hard in the offseason to put more weight on the bar just to lose all of it during the season? it doesn't make any sense.

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bodybuilders are not athletes.

i didn't talk to any professional coaches and trainers, but if you talked to some of them and you actually listen to that load of bull**** then good for you, most athletes in the professional leagues are genetically blessed and they'll be good no matter what you'll put them through. you can do whatever you want, i don't care, but giving that stupid of an advice is just... why would anyone work so hard in the offseason to put more weight on the bar just to lose all of it during the season? it doesn't make any sense.
    Your personal opinons on what constitutes athletes and pros probably are more suited for teen misc than a more diverse and grown-up forum.

You OBVIOUSLY have very little formal training in the training and fitness world and are spouting your personal opinions from all your vast years of experience as facts.

Our converstaion is over on these matters. You have much to learn my friend and I hope in the upcoming years as you continue to develop and grow that your mind is a bit more open to actually learning.
    Last edited by kfisherx; 08-20-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Acquiring Spartan Status KAbjorn's Avatar
    KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xxyxx View Post
    ugh. well if the whole point is that you do pushups and sprints to "work" your legs and upper body then the purpose of this thread is null and void as it was about having muscle and running long distance. And even then wth are you doing on bodybuilding.com if your a long distance runner who doesn't even lift?

ur bigger than me huh?

orly.

get the **** out. Ur 6 ****ing 5 and you only weigh 207. I'm 6 1 and I weigh 211.
    I tried to retrack the thread onto proving long distance runners CAN have muscles. I got a stress fracture earlier this year and as a result I tried adding on some extra pounds as it's easier to add muscle without hardcore running then it is with it. So after recovering I went on a cut and I weigh 207 right now, I weighed 215 earlier.

And you cannot belittle my accomplishments and say that I don't have a good amount of muscle in my pictures. I never belittled yours, you're just saying I'm a dumbass for not working my legs with weights, and I'm telling you I work my legs, I just don't use weights. And that gets your panties in a wad.
    "Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth." - Lord Byron.

Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10)

but personally i don't like cross country, it's ****ing gay

So in other words, when you don't like something discussed in a thread you butt right in, say random douchebag ****, and don't contribute anything useful...very mature. What a typical punk-bitch high schooler thing to do.
    <<STATE QUALIFIER 2008...3200m>>

So I was in the Red because some fcktard didn't like being told he couldn't slap my ass. haha. ok.

........................./´¯/)
    ......................,/¯..//
    ...................../..../ /
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
    .........\.................\/..../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\

Originally Posted by Squirrels View Post
    So in other words, when you don't like something discussed in a thread you butt right in, say random douchebag ****, and don't contribute anything useful...very mature. What a typical punk-bitch high schooler thing to do.

Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pazienxa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think ITT, we got females who dont like to train legs

Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squirrels is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pazienxa View Post
    i think ITT, we got females who dont like to train legs

yessir

So I was in the Red because some fcktard didn't like being told he couldn't slap my ass. haha. ok.

whiteknight
    whitetrash

Originally Posted by Squirrels View Post
    whitetrash

this sums up my feelings about this entire thread... I might decide to write some scathing responses later though.

avi is old
    current physique here

I tried to retrack the thread onto proving long distance runners CAN have muscles. I got a stress fracture earlier this year and as a result I tried adding on some extra pounds as it's easier to add muscle without hardcore running then it is with it. So after recovering I went on a cut and I weigh 207 right now, I weighed 215 earlier.

And you cannot belittle my accomplishments and say that I don't have a good amount of muscle in my pictures. I never belittled yours, you're just saying I'm a dumbass for not working my legs with weights, and I'm telling you I work my legs, I just don't use weights. And that gets your panties in a wad.
    brb proving my point for me...

and you don't. Anything under 250 is small as **** for 6 5. Sorry bro. I'm not saying your a dumbass for not working legs because I do understand that it is unnecessary for your "sport" cross country. However that does not exempt you from my general rule of thumb that people who don't train their legs are ***gots.

avi is old
    current physique here

ok i was cool with you at first, but your the one who needs to grow up and get a ****ing grip. Your 47. Were allowed to be young and stupid. But I'm sick of your extremely inflated ego and cocky "i'm awesome cuz i'm on some chick football team attitude".

I ****ing lold at you comparing yourself to an IFBB pro. Your pretty much a glorified semi pro player. So stop making comparisons that obviously allude to the idea that you are on the level of NFL/college football training, and you know jack didly **** about what they do. Because you damn sure don't when your propagating the idea that they stop lifting during the season. That is one of the most RUDIMENTARY mistakes an athlete can make.

avi is old
    current physique here

Lookie at the teens confusing professional franchises with performance as opposed to economy.

My comment to you stands regardless of pro or not pro as that has NOTHING to do with the point...

When you have graduated from a few formal classes on the subject matter and have trained some professional teams to victories then come back and tell me all that you know and all about how to train my legs for my sports specific goals. Until then I will listen to the professional resources that I do have available to me on this topic.

Nothing personal brah...
    Last edited by kfisherx; 08-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.

KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xxyxx View Post
    brb proving my point for me...

and you don't. Anything under 250 is small as **** for 6 5. Sorry bro. I'm not saying your a dumbass for not working legs because I do understand that it is unnecessary for your "sport" cross country. However that does not exempt you from my general rule of thumb that people who don't train their legs are ***gots.
    250lbs is something I don't want. I don't want to look like an overinflated gorrilla. I like to be able to run, and I like to be able to do 76 military style pushups in 2 minutes. I like being able to run sub 10:00 minute two mile, and I love being able to do 90 situps in 2 minutes. I don't want to be a gorilla, I like having functionality, and aesthetics.

The point was never "It's hard to grow muscle while running distances" Your alleged stance was "It's impossible to grow muscle while running long distances and those people that do run long distances are all skinny **ggots" I've never stated it's easy to gain muscle while long distances, it's not, it's hard, but it's doable, and that was the point of this thread.

I train my legs, hell, I train them more often then you do. I train them for near 80 miles a week sometimes.

p.s. Cross Country runners have twice the heart and just as much if not more dedication then a BB'er.

Give me the option of RACING a 5k or doing an hour of hard lifting. In terms of pure pain, that race will always be at least 5x as worse as the lifting. Period. Nobody has ever died of weight lifting. People die of running every year, now which is more "hardcore"?

Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Give me the option of RACING a 5k or doing an hour of hard lifting. In terms of pure pain, that race will always be at least 5x as worse as the lifting. Period. Nobody has ever died of weight lifting. People die of running every year, now which is more "hardcore"?
    just gonna chime in and say dumbasses die of lifting related aneurisms and other bull**** all the time --- but that's their own fault for using ****ty technique, no spotters, no coaches, no knowledge, etc.

i didn't read very much in this thread but obviously running is a way to train legs, i mean do we really have to argue about that?

edit: not to be a lydiard dogmatist or anything, but running hills is a better way for runners to bring resistance to their legs than lifting weights. hills build adequate strength for the sport while doing a load of other things such as making the ankles flexible and forcing the runner to take short, fast strides, which encourages faster turnover on flat ground. plus, if you're on a long run with some hills, you still get the aerobic benefits of running long (don't tell me to lift legs then run on the same day, I've tried it before and it just doesn't work unless you're super masochistic and also like injury).

plus, there's, you know, the theory of specificity. running makes you a better runner, doing pushups makes you better at doing pushups, etc.... seems pretty basic to me.

edit2: yea, I'm a "skinny *******." i choose to be so in order to be (by my standards) fast. sorry I don't want the same thing you guys do =(
    Last edited by Stathakis; 08-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    former track runner crew
    physics crew
    proud manlet crew

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stathakis View Post
    just gonna chime in and say dumbasses die of lifting related aneurisms and other bull**** all the time --- but that's their own fault for using ****ty technique, no spotters, no coaches, no knowledge, etc.

i didn't read very much in this thread but obviously running is a way to train legs, i mean do we really have to argue about that?
    Not gay long running.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stathakis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moose45 View Post
    Not gay long running.
    gay long running is needed if you wanna go fast. you need heterosexual short running too.

(ps "gay long running" can also be fast. most pro 800 guys can run 20 milers at 5:50 pace and faster. elite marathoners race their entire race sub-5. i bet you can't even run a mile at 5:50 pace)

edit: go do a 15 miler and tell me if your legs don't hurt. of course gay long running trains the legs.
    former track runner crew
    physics crew
    proud manlet crew

Not gay long running.
    Oh good Lord.

A-typical football player response. I played football in high school and middle school. I sir, am not impressed.

You don't like my sport, fine. I really don't care, but you go on an 8 mile run tomorrow and tell me how your legs feel. Do it.

You won't no balls.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brb getting in a fight...jk I can't, I can only run long distances and a moderate pace.

And I have no problem with distance running bros, I just don't call it training legs. I call it more or less cardiovascular training or something along those lines. I also don't have a problem with your sport. I ran a 5k once...lulz ensued, jk it was easy.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer

Brb getting in a fight...jk I can't, I can only run long distances and a moderate pace.

And I have no problem with distance running bros, I just don't call it training legs. I call it more or less cardiovascular training or something along those lines. I also don't have a problem with your sport. I ran a 5k once...lulz ensued, jk it was easy.
    i threw a football once....lulz ensued, jk it was easy. yea, running a 20+ 5k is easy, just like throwing the ol' pigskin with your buddies is. neither of the two is good enough to even be considered low level. yeah, real football is hard. so is real running. if you found your 5k to be easy, you probably ran so slow that it doesn't qualify as "real running."

most distance runners have at least a little bit of speed. i ran a sub 25 200 the other day, which isn't super lightning fast but I'd say it's well above that of the average male and certainly faster than "a moderate pace." and don't forget, I'm a little high school kid. most pros REALLY have speed. seb coe used to run the last 100 meters of his 1500 races in like 11.3 seconds, in a state where he was already bathing in lactic acid. i bet you can't even do that when you're fresh.

and.....http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/training

the cambridge dictionary defines training as the process of learning the skills you need to do a particular job or activity. considering you run long distances in order to get the skills needed to run faster / hold your speed over whatever distance you need to, I'd say running fits the definition of "training your legs." You know, you don't run using your arms, you run using your legs...
    Last edited by Stathakis; 08-20-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    former track runner crew
    physics crew
    proud manlet crew

I've ran a 5k in 16:42 which averages out to be close to 5:17(ish) minutes PER MILE. Sure I could jog a 5k in 20 minutes without breaking a sweat. But at the end of that 5k. I peeled off to the side, threw my guts up, blacked out for a second, got up, walked to the water bench, and sat there for 20 minutes while I tried to regain cohesion. THAT is running.

It's like me saying "Tossing a football around with my friends and playing two touch is the same as playing a real game of football" it sure as sh*t aint.

Like I said, go run 8 miles and tell me how your legs feel, if you do that, I'll go do a lower body set.

I ran the 5k in like 36 minutes guys. YEAH OWNED!

Did you know that in running, you go in a straight line, and...well thats pretty much it.

And I never said your sport wasn't hard. I also never said the 5k I ran was comparable to what you guys do.

lulz at the tempermental XC runners.

I really don't honestly know what this argument is about anymore haha

I ran the 5k in like 36 minutes guys. YEAH OWNED!

Did you know that in running, you go in a straight line, and...well thats pretty much it.

And I never said your sport wasn't hard. I also never said the 5k I ran was comparable to what you guys do.

lulz at the tempermental XC runners.

I really don't honestly know what this argument is about anymore haha
    you said running wasn't training legs, I said it was, you said "lol u mad"

not that hard to follow
    former track runner crew
    physics crew
    proud manlet crew

Originally Posted by Stathakis View Post
    you said running wasn't training legs, I said it was, you said "lol u mad"

not that hard to follow
    5'4, 125lbs. you need a sandwich.

lulz. i love this thread. its like football players vs the cross country ****s

avi is old
    current physique here