Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User arenasbuzzersho's Avatar
    arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Get ready for senior year

Ok, so ive gone through so many compostion books (logs) and fianlly decided an onlineversion would be better

Also I need feedback on my workouts and would appreciate experts and others thoughts and ideas as how to become faster

Bio/Stats

Name: Michael
    Height: 5'5''
    Current Weight: 121-123 (flucuates)
    Years Running: 3
    Years Lifting: 2

Running Background

My parents always had me in sports scince I was about 3.5 years old. I started out with T-Ball. After I was about 6 years old I was doing 1-2 sports every season. I did football, basektball, lacrosse, soccer, indoor soccer, and baseball.
    I continued that road untill I went to high school. The winter of my freshman year, for basketball conditioning the coach had as do long distance running and I found I had a knack for it.
    It was that summer I started training for xc for my sophmore year. i stayed at about 50-60 miles a week over the summer and never missed a day of running. When xc hit I made varsity (4th man). But it was during that season I also got an ED which led to me having to drop out of the season and not comleting it.
    After battiling back I was allowed to run agian just in time for winter track. Our coach had me on a MODIFIED schedule which was mainly weight litfting. I got addicted and still love it to this day.
    When Spring tack came around and the coach had my mom become a assitant coach I got clearance to start a marthon training plan. I hovered at about 70-80 a week and 2 days of track work. But I was never put in any races....my 16th b-day was coming up and I asked if I could do the local hlf marathon the day after my b-day. I ended up running really good, , 1st for 19&under and got a time of 1:21http://www.athlinks.com/time.aspx?ecid=126338(3rd place). That led my coach to allow me to do county and I suprised everyone with a 2nd place victory and got outkicked by 2 meters.
    That summer I pounded the mileage and wsa up in the 120-130. I was addicted. NExt year came around and xc was about to start. My coach saw what kind of mileage i was doing and told me i could do morning runs 2-3 days a week.But i took it a little far. Doing 9-10 miles before school (woke at 4am, looking back at it I dont know what I was thinking). This season I did really good, 4th in county 2nd on my team. I lifted 5 days a week and was IMO in amazing shape. But agian had to end my season short as I had no choice but to get a surgery on whats called a prolapsed rectum or wait till I was 18 to have it(I had gotten it while had ED)
    Running slowed, lifting stoped and I was forced to take 2-3 months off. In January I picked back up on things but it was hard so I didnt do track. THings went on and off a lot and I found myself leaning on the ellyptical/arc trainer and lifting a lot to aviod impact from running. When summer hit I decided to pack on some more pounds and picked back up on my mileage and tried to play smart going about 60-80. I ended up gaining good 20 punds (well needed) But it was not till I got my physical that I realized formt he surgery they had pinched a nerve in my hamstring which caused it to constrict my stride making it hard to run. I am in PT now and summer about to end. Today was the first day of XC.

Current Goals
    Varstiy top 3
    All-Area in paper
    Finish Session
    Stay healthy
    Break 16 5k
    Lift and get strong musclar
    maintain weight

Lifting Rountine
    Update when school starts

Running Routine
    LIsten to my oach and DONT overdo it.

current pre workout supps
    gnc amino complex 4400 (.5 dose)

right now im in physicaltherapy for strained hamstirings but im still running
    Last edited by arenasbuzzersho; 08-17-2010 at 09:08 PM.

arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50) arenasbuzzersho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    August 16th
    Pre-Workout- Amino complex 4400
    Practice 6am-8am
    Tempature- 82 F
    Surface-Grass
    Shoes-Brooks Adrenaline

8 mile (breakdown)
    .5 mile warm-up (8 min pace)
    Skips/dynamic stretching
    7 miles (7 min pace)
    .5 mile cool down (8 min pace)

It-Band roller and stretching

Post workout- Lean Dessert Whey Cake

2nd workout
    30 min arc trainer (resistance 31 incline 13)
    Cals burned=450
    Plank, Side plank, 750 curl-ups

3rd workout
    Insanity Program
    Insane abs video
    Cardio Abs

Notes- When I woke up today I could barly walk because my ankle was in so much pain. But as soon as I straped on my shoes the pain went away. After practice I went to physical therapy . Doctor seemed happy that my hamstrings are loosening up and my hip flexors are getting stronger. Hoping that I will be able to begin full sprinting/speedwork by the end of the week. Overall as satisfied with how the day turned out. Coach introduced me as a returning Varsity member. I think we have a good shoot at taking the county title again this year and maybe placing top 5 in (public schools) states. Afterwards did a lot of core work and did a little on the arc trainer. Well see how tommrow goes.
    Last edited by arenasbuzzersho; 08-17-2010 at 10:47 PM.

August 17th
    Pre-workout- Amino complex 4400
    Practice 330pm-5pm
    Tempature- 102 F
    Surface-Grass
    Shoes- brooks adrenanline

7.5mile (breakdown)
    .5 mile warm-up (8 min pace)
    Skips/dynamic stretching
    6.5miles (7.5 min pace)
    .5 mile cool down (8 min pace)

It-Band roller and stretching

Post workout- Scivaion Whey Cake

2nd workout
    Plank, Side plank, 550 curl-ups, 2x20 side crunches

Notes- I felt pretty bad today, I think it was that I think that I only got 4 hours of sleep the day before and it hit me. It was really hot outside today, but I led the pack the whole run. Our coach told me that we needed to chill and not to go fster than 7:30 pace. So I went exactly that. Maybe a little under. I don’t think that my legs are getting any better though because afterwards my legs started feeling like I used to after a race(lactic acid). I don’t know if it was the heat that got to me or not. When I got home I did planks side planks and curl-ups but after I was beat. Today I guess will be my easy day. I think from now on I’m going to do insanity to try and get some more strenght or look into madcow 5x5.
    Other Note- Looking at getting new shoes, maybe the nike lunar elite??

August 18th
    Practice 4am-530am
    Tempature- 82 F, Hard Rain
    Surface-Grass
    Type- X(only allowed to do steady running)
    Shoe- Brooks Adrenaline
    6 mile easy(breakdown)

Notes- This was one of the worst runs I have had since I started back up. My stomach was turning the entire run. I wasn’t ale to lead the pack like normal, and my legs tightned up pretty bad to. I was suppose to go 50 minutes today but I cut it short at 45 because my legs I didn’t want to OVERDO it. Hoping tommrow that it will be a better run.
    Some things I think I need to change.
    1) My diet; Increase carbs, fat decrease protein. Any runner out there that can help please post.
    2) Get a good support shoe that is also lightweight
    3) Pre-Workout supplement, looking at Red-Zone, FRS and Scivation Quake

August 19th
    Practice 6am-800am
    Tempature- 89 F, Surface-Grass
    Shoe- Brooks Adrenaline

7.5mile (breakdown)
    2.5 mile easy
    5 miles at 75%(easing into speedwork)

20 min arc trainer
    Insanity-Insane Abs

Physical Therapy(1-3)

Notes- Today was an up and down day, I woke up and my body was not as sore as it has been in the past couple days. I went to practice and when we did the initall 2.5 mile easy, I felt really easy. When the rest of the team went over to do 10x150m hills at 80%. I was glad my coach told me to do an aditaoanll 5 miles on my own because I couldn’t lift my knees that high (main part of hills). I felt like I started to open up after about the 4th mile. At PT today told the therapist what was wrong. They think that it is actaully my butt muscle that attaches to my hamstring. They switched the stretches from mainly hamstring to fucosing on my hamstrings and hip flexors. I did things like 4 way hip flexors, clam shells, monster walks (describe if don’t know whtat they are) wall squats, massage, stretch, etc. Hope things get better soon.
    Went looking for some running shorts, and new pai of shoes, couldn’t find one thing at sports authority in a size medium or a size 9-9.5 shoe that also offered support. Ill have to go to the specitly running store after school starts.

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im subbed man!

Whats the whole diet picture look like because from the looks of things youre very busy during the day? It seems like you do alot more than needed for XC training.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    Im subbed man!

Whats the whole diet picture look like because from the looks of things youre very busy during the day? It seems like you do alot more than needed for XC training.
    warrior diet pretty much

i usually have prortien shake post workout (or make like whey cake)

then 4 hour span i eat(example)

2 sanswhiches-
    4 slices bread, 4 slices low fat cheese, 12 oz meat, 5 tbsp ketchup

3 cups pasta 1.5 cups tomato sauce, 12oz chicken

burger- 6oz 93/7 ground beef, hamburger bun, ketchup mustard, 2 slices (not reduced fat) chedder cheese, lettuce, onions etc

2 cups oatmeal(dry), 4 scoops whey, some splenda, cinammon or cocco

kidna wanting to switch it up with school coming and make the oatmeal before school and then have sandwhiches for lunch, pasta for dinner and then have some extra snacks for pre/pst run. just when tried it this week stomach didnt really handle it that well. felt nausis all day and bloated during my run....

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really dont think that much protein is necessary, I mean, your Oats have like all the protein you need in a day with the 4 scoops of whey. Why so much powder too? I would slow down on that as well.

I really dont think that much protein is necessary, I mean, your Oats have like all the protein you need in a day with the 4 scoops of whey. Why so much powder too? I would slow down on that as well.
    honestly my oats are my favirote meal in the day, and the reason use 4 scoops is because I used 1 scoops for every 1/2cup dry(1 cup cooked approximtly) after my runs and like the proportion/taste, and now I made it into a make 2 dry cups of oats....

what do u do? i know u said u r on the warrior diet too

August 20th
    Practice 330pm-530am
    Tempature- 99F,
    Surface-Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15
    6.5mile (breakdown)
    .5 mile easy
    6 miles at 630-645 pace

Plank, Side plank, 500 curl-ups, Side crunches
    (not a lot of time today, cut things short)

It band, and pt exercises (on own)
    Notes- Pretty excited today, a lot of things happened that mad me feel like I have chance of making a comeback this season(knock on wood). I don’t want to curse myself, but after going to Pt yesterday and figuring out what was truly the reason for my tight hamstrings and being able to focus on that area, I didn’t feel as horrible today. Still a little bad, like 85% but much better then the 50% been feeling. I wore my old Asics too, I really don’t like the brooks shoes and there at about 400-500 miles now anyhow so think should retire them. The rest of the team only did 20-30 min but because they also played ultimate Frisbee and I wasn’t allowed I went a few extra. Coach thinks its also a combo of working on grass (didn’t all summer). Tomorrow pictures are at 8 then were driving to a trail to do 6-12 miles (depending on experience). Its 1am now so got to get to bed…I’m going to have a really hard time when school starts now that I think about it.

Other Note- Skiped beach to get to practice today and tommrow, coach was pleased and I am glad I did, out #1 and 2 runner were out today and coach gave a 30 min speech on how unacceptable that is. He even said he may not let them race first meet and depending on attendence is weather or not you will be giving a jeresey. In other words, don’t miss practice
    Last edited by arenasbuzzersho; 08-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.

August 21st
    Practice 10-1130am
    Tempature- 93F,
    Surface-Dirt Trail and Gravel
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15

9.5mile
    First 6 miles @ 640(gravel)
    Last 3.5 miles @ 715 (trail, bad footing)
    Plank, Side plank, 800 curl-ups, Side crunches

(It band, and pt exercises (on own))
    Stretching, It-Band, Massage stick

Notes- Started the day off at 8 with pictures. By the time we got team and individual photos it was 915. We then drove up to at park trail. The range was suppose to be 6-10.5 miles. Coach was only going to have me do 6 with the freshman because still recovering. But when he saw me leading the pack and cruising by he said I could lead the pack and go the full 10.5. After we passed 6 miles, we eased down because the footing got pretty bad and almost turned an ankle once or twice. The assistant coach brought his GPS watch and officall distance at the end was 9.5 not 10.5.

Was nice to get a different senory. Lat two days before school starts up. Not looking forward to it either.

if anybody is looking at this thread and sees this post, do they think this will work.

moving warrior diet toooo

before school
    oatmeal and whey (4 cups w/ 4 scoops)

before strenth training
    pb and j or turkey and cheese andwhiches

before run
    power bar

after run
    whey

dinner
    3 cups pata w/ 12 oz chicken

pre-bed meal
    another meal like burger, pasta, etc

I still think you consume to too much protein. You weight 135 pounds so you dont need more than say 150 grams. I would drop the protein and up carbs, youre an endurance athelete.

I still think you consume to too much protein. You weight 135 pounds so you dont need more than say 150 grams. I would drop the protein and up carbs, youre an endurance athelete.
    k, will do, what about fat?

Personally what I do is this

20-25% cals from fat
    1.25g per pound for protein
    Rest carbs

Personally what I do is this

20-25% cals from fat
    1.25g per pound for protein
    Rest carbs
    sounds good, gotta lot of carbs to make up lol, like 400g extra per day. ;P

August 22nd
    No Practice---ran at 230
    Tempature- 98F,
    Surface-Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15

6.5mile @ 7:15(easy)

Plank, Side plank, 500 curl-ups, Side crunches
    Insanity abs and cardio abs (insanity workout)

Notes- Wasn’t that great of a run, my doctor said to keep n grass after hiting the trail yesterday, I sued the socce fields, baseball and football field to make a 1.1 mile loop and went around it 6 times. All and al was 6.63 miles, so calling it 6.5. Wroked my butt of on abs afterwards. My plank is up to 3x15 min, side planks 3x3 min with one set of set of 20x sid plank with twis (not sure what its called). After went straight into 500 crunches, 3x20 side crunches and then the two 30 min insanity vidos. I was toast after wards. Probally should of broke it up but just kinda got into it
    Last edited by arenasbuzzersho; 08-23-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Damn, im surprised you never complain about the heat in your notes. Every run is hot as hell and its hard as hell to run in 90-100 degree weather.

August 23rd
    Practice 4-5pm
    Tempature- 90F,
    Surface-Concreate/Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15

6.5mile @ 7(easy)

(½ of Plank, Side plank, workout)

Notes- First day of SCHOOL!!!!!!! I got to bed at 12 and woke at 6 so got a lot more sleep then usually got last year (averages 2.5-4 hours a day….insomnia). My doctor helped me with that and said I had a nervous breakdown thing when ever I would look at a clock so now I have to turn around all clocks before I go to bed. Has worked for me, also the warrior diet helps. I sleep better on a full stomach most of the time. Otherwise school was pretty solid. After we had a late practice because of the faculty meeting an had to cram in a practice before meet the coaches night. Being that it’s a new school and there is still construction there wasn’t that much room to run so like yesterday we made a loop but this time it was 2.2. We did 3 laps of it. We’ll see how tommrow goes. All day by day

agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500) agility2live is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with upping carbs a hell of a lot, and dropping protein to what's necessary.
    Warrior/IF is fun eh?

are you tracking your cals or just going by the feel of it?
    I would give anything, but I won't give up.

Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130332093
    Con-Cret Sponsored Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131115733

Originally Posted by agility2live View Post
    I agree with upping carbs a hell of a lot, and dropping protein to what's necessary.
    Warrior/IF is fun eh?

are you tracking your cals or just going by the feel of it?
    i just go by feel, and also how much i ran that day. if i did a long run i useally will eat a little extra even after im full...

August 24thrd
    Practice 3-5pm
    Tempature- 90F,
    Surface-Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15

6.5mile @ 7:30

350 curl-ups

Musle Simulater 40 min each hamsting
    Notes- Today I went t the doctor to see how my progress was going with my hamstrings. When I went to the doctor, he said I wouldn’t be totally “healed” till I could touch my palms to the ground. Way off on that, but he gave me permission to start easing into speed work. He said I should continue pt but my mom butted in and said that pt was $35 dollars a session. So they gave me a muscle stim for free!!! Practice was terrible though, I was running on 3 hours of sleep so I was dead tired. NEED MORE SLEEEEP

August 25th
    Practice 315-5pm
    Tempature- 93F,
    Surface-Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 13(really old)

8 mile breakdown
    1 mile warm-up
    6 miles @ 625-635
    Downhill sprints (stride opening drills) all out

Planks and side planks
    250 curl-ups

Musle Simulater 40 min left hamsting
    Stretching, It-Band roller, massage stick

Notes- Wore really old shoes today because my ds 15s fell apart and are destroyed. But when we went to the park (another school training ground) there was boys and irls team of both schools there (4 teams). So was pretty crowded. Top runner on my team wanted to show off to other team so the steady run wen down to like 630ish pace. Got advice to get womens shoes, preferably lunar elites.

August 26th
    Practice 315-5pm
    Tempature- 94F,
    Surface-Grass
    Shoe- DS Trainer 15(brand new)

8 mile breakdown
    2 mile warm-up
    6x800 w/ equal rest(6 miles)
    2:54, 247, 230, 229, 242, 238

Planks and side planks
    300 curl-ups

Muscle Simulator 20 min right hamstring
    Stretching, , massage stick

Notes- Today was a big step in my training. The rest of the team did tempo 3x1 mile but coach thought that would be to ‘long’ of tempos for me. So he broke it into 4x800 w/ equal rest. My times were suppose to be 300-310, then go to 250 and close w/ 240 for the last two. I did the first two and they felt super easy. Almost like I was it was a steady run. So the next one I experimented and kind of just dropped it to like in-between a steady run and a race pace. Ended up going 230. My coach was so pist. The rest of the team was running to fast as well. Coach wants to follow the Arkansas plan which doesn’t do intervals for the first 3 weeks of training (only on 2 week). But he did ask me how I felt and I said I felt pretty good, so I asked if I could do 2 more sets so that it could be a 5k. He was hesitant but he said if I do them in 235-240 (no faster) I could. So I did them. The last one was kind of hard to breath, but I finished it in the time span. After coach was yelling at the rest of varsity. So when I went to talk to him I couldn’t. Then I has to go because I was carpooling and everyone was ready to go (but me).
    Later I got a phone call saying that coach was disappointed and didn’t get my times. I called him 5 times after and left 2 messages. I texted him my times. In his mind I am going to fast for my injury. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.

August 27th
    Practice 245-4pm
    Tempature- 99F,
    Surface-Gravel

2.5 mile easy (pre-race/scrimmage)
    38 min arc trainer (13 incline, 30 resistance)

Planks and side planks

Muscle Simulator 30 min right and left-hamstring
    Stretching, , massage stick, it-band roller

Notes- Well today was somewhat a workout that I had to do on my own. We started practice at 245 with a team meeting. Coach told us that it would be a 1.5 mile scrimmage race and that there would be no official times, uniforms, etc aloud (or disqualified for racing before season starts). Everyone will be racing but me, don’t want to push it to early.
    For practice we only did 2.5 miles at 8 min pace (20 min). After I went home and I was going to do 60 minutes on the arc trainer. It seemed to hurt my hamstring so at 38 min got off. Got the muscle stimulator to work, it was dead….
    School note I dropped strength training for cooking class because I didn’t want to put to much stress on my hamstring. Ill be taking strength training next term/semester.

other note on nutrtion

every night i have psata the day after i feel horrible, does anyone know why

or if i keep low fiber....was experimenting for pre race and what always suggeted (pasta and low fiber) makes me feel terrible

some progress pics

Dont eat Pasta because someone says too. Just keep experimenting and find what works for you.

Dont eat Pasta because someone says too. Just keep experimenting and find what works for you.
    i really just like eating bread, breadcurms, rice and veggies, oats, etc

August 28th
    Practice XX
    Tempature- 99F,
    Surface-Grass

11 miles @ 720

Planks and side planks
    750 curl-ups, oblique crunches

Muscle Simulator 30 min right and left-hamstring
    Stretching, , massage stick, it-band roller

Notes- Today was the first scrimmage for our team. Only problem is I slept in and missed the bus. My coach was ok with it. He said only because I wasn’t racing I got away with it. The next thing is I took an anti anxiety before my run today. It made me prety chill. I also went and got my spikes today. They’re the new nike victory xc’s.