Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 165 lbs
    mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mileseperez has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mileseperez's BodySpace

Balancing School/Work/Gym Life

looking for some positive feedback on people balancing school/work/gym bodybuilding is something that I've recently gotten into and enjoy a lot it helps relive daily stresses allows me to get out of my head for a couple hours and i enjoy the body changing. My question is how do you guys do it i feel that i barely have enough time as it is during the week/weekends to finish everything and im currently not in school due to summer but classes start up next Monday. I work 9-5 then hit the gym for about 2 hours then go home and pack my **** for the gym/shower/eat time i crawl in bed its 11 time to snooze back and next thing you know its the next day again. Sometimes its really overwhelming I'm 24 years old and i shouldn't stress myself to death like i do. With school starting up Monday i hope i have time to get my swole on but still hit the books when needed. Future plans are to get into med school if everything goes well. Just looking for some people that have been doing this for years or are in the same boat i am now for some positive feed back/ motivation to keep strutting.

Stats: 6'1", 197 lbs
    Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Murph0408 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Murph0408's BodySpace
    hmm.

i really, really took working out to the next level while i was in college. but i hear you loud and clear because i also worked while i was in school and it was taxing. i have to give you some props here because i only worked part time, if you're doing full time + school AND gym that is a real workhorse of a schedule

2 hours in the gym seems like a long time. with a schedule like yours the last thing you want to do is over-train. assuming you're working out by yourself i really don't see why you would want to take anywhere more than an hour, and even that is probably pushing it. you might want to look around for some routines that will shorten your workout so you have a little more time in the afternoons.

TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheChubRebel is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit TheChubRebel's BodySpace
    Haha... I just posted this exact same thing. I'm trying really hard to make sure that working out doesn't really mean "airbrushing abs on." I don't think I could afford the amount of paint it would take anyways.

Stats: 5'4", 1000 lbs
    Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Linzzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Linzzz's BodySpace
    I understand..it's a tough balancing act.

But just remember...quality>quanity.

Stats: 6'4", 206 lbs
    thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) thomaslux has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit thomaslux's BodySpace
    man, i feel you - at the start of the year i just felt my time wasn't my own, especially because i was so busy with work/post-grad study/gym/social life that i felt like i was missing those times when you can just chill in your own head. life felt hectic, for sure.

what i did was really work on the effieciency of my workouts - two hours at the gym became one, but i honestly feel i'm getting better results. it took me a few weeks to get my workouts down (three days lifting, cardio off-days, sunday rest) but the planning and experimentation was worth it - i'm left feeling i'm really getting the maximum results from the time i'm spending at the gym.

luckily my gym is near work, so typically i wake at 6am these days, hit the gym at 7 or so and by the time i'm all showered and dressed i get into the office at 9am. work out saturday afternoon when my girlfriend is at yoga and then take sunday off.

it's hard to give advice, though, as your situation is always going to be unique - i'd just take the time to really look at your workouts and other commitments and try and streamline them. remember, you need a social life to remain said and also you need a little time to just chill with nothing planned. gl!
    currently stacking: white blood/purple wraath/kre-alk

**Aussie Winter Crew**

lost 110lbs, now in the process of building a better me

Registered User stevenjcampbell's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 178 lbs
    stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000) stevenjcampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit stevenjcampbell's BodySpace
    I will echo what some here have said.

2 hours seems like a long time in the gym.
    Maybe you should look into upping your intensity or your weights in general to get the same ammounts of weight into the routing in a shorter ammount of time?

I have read that after an hour of hard work, your muscles start to work against you and your gains become neutral. in other words, the hard work stops paying off as well...

maybe you can fit in a workout BEFORE school? and one after school.
    Give it a shot.
    If what I say makes sense and it is helpful, then rep me... And as long as what you say is helpful, I promise to rep you back.
    --

my FAT LOSS BLOG is located here: http://losefatwithme.wordpress.com

Stats: 5'11", 174 lbs
    thebigmrclean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit thebigmrclean's BodySpace
    Its always hard to balance a full schedule and make time to get into the gym. I am currently a full time college student and I know it can be difficult. A few pieces of advice:

1. As others have said, 2 hours is a LONG time. You can definitely get a really good workout in less than half that time.

2. Do your best to get in a routine. For instance, always go the same time of day or right after work, etc. Making a habit out of it is a huge step in the right direction.

3. Find a training partner. Having someone to push you and hold you accountable makes staying committed a lot easier.

4. Always remember every time you talk yourself out of a workout, someone else is talkin themselves into one.

In the end you'll be happier if you keep workin hard instead of spending that time going home to sit on the couch.