jd-fusion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help explaining supplements to parents (srs)

Hey,

For some reason, as retarded as it sounds, my parents think I'm 'damaging my body' due to the supplements I take..

As of now I take
    Two scoops of ON 100% whey per day (1 in the morning with oats, 1 post workout)
    SizeOn during workout
    A scoop of casein protein powder before bed
    Aaand u previously was using jack3d for pre-workout, but as of tomorrow will be using oxyelite pro (starting a 2.5 month cut for summer)

How on earth could any of this be causing me 'liver or kidney damage'?!?
    They want to book an appointment with a sports doctor, take all my stuff down and discuss this with him...

Seriously, I tried to explain to the best of my knowledge that none of this stuff is causing me any harm whatsoever...

If you were in my position, what would you say to get the point across?

Cliffs -
    parents think I'm harming myself due to supplements (protein / casein / sizeon / oep)
    Won't listen to my explanation / want to make an appointment with a doctor
    How to fix?

Yes, I fully understand just how stupid this thread must seem

WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hide it...other than that a doctor will screw you and tell you not to take them b/c they have no idea about anything you are taking.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"-----
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grove4lifeED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, Idk what to do if I was in your position. My parents dont care that I take the stuff im taking, they just think its a total waste of money.

You could try showing studies online that will help your case? I am sure their is something like that online, that will show you are not damaging your body. In either case good luck, and dont be mad or anything, they are just trying to look out for you.....even if they dont have a clue of what they are talking about haha

MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSpasms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats sux brah, the sports doctor may actually give you some good advice... if that doesn't work I would buy a dildo and hide it in your mums top drawer, wait until your dad finds it, should take the heat off for a while.

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP give yourself a crash course on what these actually do. (The major ingredients- creatine, hydrolysates, 1 3 dimethylamylamine, caffeine, yomhimbe) Try your best to remember the pharmacology, even in slightly vague detail, and regurgitate to your parents. I mean not just the basic information which you've already tried, but the real nitty gritty.

Srs.

Most importantly, you'll be teaching yourself about what you're putting in your body, and second to that, your knowledge will probably convince your parents that their ignorant objections are unwarranted. Worth a shot, IMO.

edit: how old are you?
    Last edited by PinchTheBear; 08-16-2010 at 06:43 AM.
    Driven Sports

Starting Weight: 136 lbs Panabol's Avatar
    Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need jack3d if you have to convince your parents about supplements and you definitely dont need OEP as a pre-workout.

Protein and creatine are fine
    Rep Back 2k+ only

onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onthajuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscleSpasms View Post
    Thats sux brah, the sports doctor may actually give you some good advice... if that doesn't work I would buy a dildo and hide it in your mums top drawer, wait until your dad finds it, should take the heat off for a while.
    lol lol lmfao

marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by musclespasms View Post
    if that doesn't work i would buy a dildo and hide it in your mums top drawer, wait until your dad finds it, should take the heat off for a while.
    lol

CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CoryGunz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My parents thought the same thing, and through some coincidence I had Kidney Stones as well as finding out I'm quite allergic to dairy. None of it was really from the supps as much as my fault. But I explain to them the basic effects of each one and it seems to work pretty well, since I've stopped taking whey and I haven't had issues my moms sorta backed off. So just explain to them in a way that will make them understand that what you are taking has been studied well blah,blah and the protein is basically like drinking a ton of milk. Something to that effect.

Originally Posted by PinchTheBear View Post
    OP give yourself a crash course on what these actually do. (The major ingredients- creatine, hydrolysates, 1 3 dimethylamylamine, caffeine, yomhimbe) Try your best to remember the pharmacology, even in slightly vague detail, and regurgitate to your parents. I mean not just the basic information which you've already tried, but the real nitty gritty.

Srs.

Most importantly, you'll be teaching yourself about what you're putting in your body, and second to that, your knowledge will probably convince your parents that their ignorant objections are unwarranted. Worth a shot, IMO.

edit: how old are you?
    Cheers for your reply.. I'm 18... Don't know why my stats and what not aren't showing, will fix that now

I lol'd
    Repped

JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JT1562 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you go to the right sports doctor who actually know what their talking about then they have no problem with creatine, preworkouts etc... Back in the day my parents did the same thing with the supplements i was taking and they sent the products ingredients to the doctor and he said there was no problem with anything i was taking. They might have a problem with hormones or test boosters but not with creatine or jack3d.

~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hide a dildo in your dad's drawer for mom to find and heat will be gone for even longer
    Royals Crew
    Chiefs Crew
    Festivus Crew

metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000)
    whey is made from milk and so is casein. tell them that if both are bad for you then milk must be bad as well. imo drop the casein and eat cottage cheese instead cause that would be easier on your wallet. i'd like to see what they would say about cottage cheese.

drop the preworkout as well and just drink a cup of coffee if you really need the extra boost. instead of sizeon just stick to plain creatine mono. show your parents studies that show its benefits and also show them studies that show it's not harmful.
    ****MISC STRENGTH CREW****

****PLANET FITNESS CREW****

****EDM CREW****

marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marcogil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ~hades~ View Post
    hide a dildo in your dad's drawer for mom to find and heat will be gone for even longer
    rofl

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lmfao
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine has safety studies in plenty.

Protein as well as long as there is no family history of kidney/liver issues

As far as thermogenics that will be a little tougher. Even though I do not feel they are any issue used responsibly you will have to get tricky since a google search would reveal many potential ( I say potential) issues that overbearing and uneducated people love to use as PURE evidence.

Staying calm, collected, and intelligent is always the way to go with parents. Emotions tend to get the best of both sides, and they win, because they pay the bills. Even in cases where I have had friends who support their own mother, I have seen them lose arguments, lol.

So, just don't take it personal. Know at the core they just want you to be safe, even if they do not approach it the mose sane way.

You are far from alone on this topic, and a search with the word parents might find a few 100 threads on this topic, as I know I have posted in a few at least.

sidenote: The dildo thing if all else fails....jk
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brothylated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best advice in the thread. by FAR.

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you really want them to forget about your supplements then I suggest instead of hiding the dildo in mom and dads drawer, you should stick it in your own drawer and have them find it. Sure the heat will be on you but they will most likely forget about the supplements that you are taking.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi