Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Alot of guys in the UFC started training a few years before or after you; so you're in your prime. I've been training MT since 16; but due to work/army commitments have been unable to commit decently. Also, I gained alot of weight during uni years(like 55 lbs); which I have to cut down(have lost 15 lbs) already.
    110 lbs to lose! :)

NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500) NextNextLevel is not very helpful. (-500)
    your young enough trust me, you just gota work ur ass off, 5 years time ull feel like uve been doing it forever. Start today and never look back.

Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Llty92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZT89 View Post
    Thanks for the answer man. I'm currently training at Tristar with Firas teaching some classes, Greg Jackson will be here in a couple weeks to start working with GSP. There's so much availible to learn here. My physical condition is great, cardio, explosiveness and strength, so that's something I don't have to worry about at all. I'm picking up the BJJ quickly too. So far so good.
    If you want to work on your BJJ game, you should consider trying out Gracie Barra in Montreal! Bruno Fernandez is one of the best and even GSP train his ground game with him (He gave GSP his black belt).

lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hope not. I started at 20. I can hang with guys who've been training for years, just gotta bust your ass and get your mental game strong.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started Muay Thai at 24 and now I do that , BJJ and Krav Maga so no you aren't too old . If anything you will feel younger than you are , I have more energy now and am in better shape now than I ever was lifting weights or anything .
    In Hoots We Trust.

minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000) minandmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    No. That's plenty young enough especially with where MMA is at (still a fairly young sport). If you have realistic goals: aim for fighting for a small local org in the next year or two, then you can work your way up from there.

m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I first started training when I turned 20 and I'm glad I did. Go for it, if you don't you will just keep getting older and will probably end up regretting that you didn't try it
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wes1023 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the sooner the better. treat every workout like its your last as results will come quickly.

MarcoLeiva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is not too late, but you'll have to work twice harder, younger athletes have the edge on you, you need to catch up!!. Invest in some submission wrestling(no-gi) and sanda(preferably) or if not muay thai lessons.

rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongsays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah your way too old, you should try something like knitting or crocheting

...sorry couldnt help it, just seems like a nonsense question good luck with your endeavors
    i pick things up, and put them DOWWNNN!

WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hahaha Noooo man you're young. Right now is a great time to start. Money, Time & Dedication is all you need my friend. I just began training 6 months before I turned 21. I've been hitting the gym hard since I was 18. I can train, excersize and be active all day 5 - 6 days a week and im still completely energized and ready for my next session. I started training martial arts seriously about 10 months ago. And I've already came farther than most do in 2 years.

Energy and persistence conquers all.

EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I'm actually turning 21 this fall and wondering if I'm ''too old'' to start MMA. The short answer is obviously ''No.'', but if I'm looking to compete later on, would this be too much of a disadvantage?

I have a judo background (blue belt), so I have some base, also trained muay thai for a couple months but nothing signifiant.

I honestly don't like doing anything where I don't have a chance to excel at it.
    To reach amateur level, no way. Not too young brah

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Started at 33. I won't be a pro, but I'll make a middle of the road amateur.

humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JVRICHARDS View Post
    Started at 33. I won't be a pro, but I'll make a middle of the road amateur.
    I started at 28 and I'm 32 now. Its never too late to start. I have teammates that started at 45, one dude started at 50.

Mitchul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mitchul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mitchul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mitchul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IntegratedFit View Post
    This is a really tough question. It is truly based on how naturally talented you are. For example Broc Lesnar had a very late start and is one of the toughest men in the world. Inversely, Lyota Machida is amazing and has trained almost from birth

It also depends on what your background is, so If you were a college wrestler or golden gloves boxer you will likely have an advantage. If your Judo background is in BJJ out of a gracie camp you will likely be in good shape. However, with no disrespect meant to your current judo camp, if you earned a black belt by performing a few Katas you may not fair as well.

MMA fighting is composed of a few qualities 1. Natural Ability 2. Trained Skill level 3. Physical conditioning

So ask yourself an honest question... Where do you think you stand

I hope this is helpful. My best advice is train a lot at a good camp before you ever step into the ring so you can gauge how strong you are against other trained athletes not just a few drunk guys at the bar.
    Broc wasn't tough, he was built and somewhat strong he was a body builder tough and strong are two totally different concepts.

ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ptotheb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Old? srsly? there are plenty of fighters that started pretty late. Nate Quarry being one of them. MMA isn't just about how experienced you are. Sure the guy whos been doing MT and BJJ since they were 9 would have an advantage, but at the end of the day its about luck and hard work.
    The reason you don't see many late bloomers is because by the time people reach 20 they have other commitments. Committing to a sport 100% was something you did in school, now youre in the real world and you don't have time for that. Also with any contact sport injuries are a huge part of the game. There probably were 100s of other Anderson Silvas in the world who couldn't continue because of some physical problem holding them back.

If you decide to commit keep in mind that its a long term effort and be ready for the highs and lows. Injuries will kill you (figuratively), your ego will get a pounding, work and family commitments will suck you dry. Keep these in mind and just fukn DO IT!
    Bon chance!
    http://Instagram.com/pbrianw (I follow misc brahs)

FitFury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I'm actually turning 21 this fall and wondering if I'm ''too old'' to start MMA. The short answer is obviously ''No.'', but if I'm looking to compete later on, would this be too much of a disadvantage?

I have a judo background (blue belt), so I have some base, also trained muay thai for a couple months but nothing signifiant.

I honestly don't like doing anything where I don't have a chance to excel at it.
    no definitely not dude especially if you get the right instructors around you and put in the work. there are alot of fighters they started after and have been successful. I definitely think you should go for it, thats what lifes all about you aint living life to the fullest if your not challenging yourself! good luck man! keep us posted on progress

Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000) Anomie2029 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mitchul View Post
    Broc wasn't tough, he was built and somewhat strong he was a body builder tough and strong are two totally different concepts.
    Brock was a champion college wrestler...

Wrestling is one of the toughest disciplines in the world.

Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500)
    what about a guy like me with 3 times twisted knee and acl reconsturcion on the way?

Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firecracker1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not too old, but you have to try a lot harder.

NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    20 is the perfect age and tbh I think it's more about natural ability/athleticism then anything.
    Kings - Giants - Sharks - Chargers
    MMA/Boxing

stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stronglift1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pete Rubish (young elite powerlifter) also started with MMA... he's 21 or 22 now and is making some great progress, so obviously you're not too old for that.

Quest for Swoleness DropSetBrah's Avatar
    DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DropSetBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by humanpuck View Post
    I started at 28 and I'm 32 now. Its never too late to start. I have teammates that started at 45, one dude started at 50.
    THIS

Let's say it takes you 5 years to become an elite MMA fighter... 25 and elite? you'll have 10-15 years of solid fighting. If not more.

As with every thing in life, it comes down to your desire and determination, assuming your not some manlet.
    Mod negged for calling him a ******* now deep red crew

Hey vegetarians, my food chits on your food, literally.

Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would say it is far too late for you to start. The last thing you want to be when training MMA is young, in shape and motivated.

Cheese Crew

Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread is 2 years old, guys. Anyways, I've also just started and no I don't think you're too old. I also think you're going into this with the wrong mentality. It should be all about fun and being fit first, and then about excelling. You can practice a sport even if you have no chance of turning pro. I hate when I tell my friends "hey we should try X sport" and they reply "ah, we're too old we should have started before". Wtf? We should play the game for the fun of it first and foremost.
    I ALWAYS rep back. srs. Just add "rep back" to your comment.

21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IDC if old thread, the "too old" for anything topic has always rustled my jimmies.

If your age starts with a 2, your not too old to start anything except join Menudo. Is it that when youre younger youre suppose to be able to learn more quicker? The sponge brain concept. Shiit, good luck sitting me down at 15 and not only trying to keep my attention, but have me have any sort of willpower or maturity to study these things outside of practice.

Now, you know what you want, you know how to do it, you have all the motivation and discipline in the world, you can fund yourself, you dont need your mom to drive you, what the **** is this "too old" idea?

fruthermore, dont tell me a guy in his 20s body is already over the hill. We arent 50. My body and conditioning now wrecks my 18 year old self. And, with specified training for whatever sport/activity you are pursuing, your body will grow stronger in that area and will continue to grow stronger as long as you take care of yourself.

Theres some passed on WW2 grandpas out there whod beat your phucking ass if he ever heard his grand son of 20 say anything about age being a limitation

KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No O.P.

Jones started training MMA @ 20.

Cain's debut in MMA was @ 24/25.

badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I started at 40.
    North Side Tac Jump Out Boys *1
    No, you cant call yo moma !

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by badclams View Post
    I started at 40.
    have you had any fights yet my friend?

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    randy c started his career at 34