keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio: Fast walk on incline > jogging?

my question is, is a fast walk on an incline on a treadmill just as good if not better than jogging? not sure if this was broscience but ive heard quite a few people at my school gym talk and also do it. and yes they are pretty shredded.

one of my friends told me to walk between 3-3.5 miles and angle the treadmill at an incline (i forgot how high he stated) but he said the gist of it is to do a fast power walk but not fast enough that you start jogging. and to keep this up for 30-45 minutes. he said to monitor my heart rate to make sure that its in the target range and perform this a few times during the week and my fat will shed off. i tried searching the forums and googling but nobody really answers the question. they just stated to incorporate both forms into ones regimen. thanks.

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by keazyyy View Post
    my question is, is a fast walk on an incline on a treadmill just as good if not better than jogging? not sure if this was broscience but ive heard quite a few people at my school gym talk and also do it. and yes they are pretty shredded.

one of my friends told me to walk between 3-3.5 miles and angle the treadmill at an incline (i forgot how high he stated) but he said the gist of it is to do a fast power walk but not fast enough that you start jogging. and to keep this up for 30-45 minutes. he said to monitor my heart rate to make sure that its in the target range and perform this a few times during the week and my fat will shed off. i tried searching the forums and googling but nobody really answers the question. they just stated to incorporate both forms into ones regimen. thanks.
    variety is key, I do the high inclines at 4.5 speed (power walk) and my heart rate is usually around 140-160 throughout.

however I will also change it up with jogging and running and sprinting intervals.
    as long as what you do gets your heart rate up, you are challenging yourself and you can do it consistently you are golden.... you should be soaking in sweat after a good cardio session if your goal is weight loss. (imo)
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whichever is more intense will have you burning more calories AFTER you're done with the cardio, basically resulting in a higher overall metabolism. But they roughly burn the same amount of calories during the session.

mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtrx804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Its all about getting your heart rate up.

snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snigam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What this guy is telling you is exactly what treadmill manufacturers recommend. It is called 'fat burning zone'. Google it and you will see lots of discussion and opinions about it. Not an exact science, it is all open to debate.

Everybody has their own preferred way of doing cardio. I like fast walking on incline, don't enjoy running.
    "Do it or don't do it. There is no try." ...Yoda

Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

As long as your heart rate is similar, do whichever one you prefer. When it comes to your target heart rate zone or as it is more often known the "fat burning zone", all that means is that when your heart rate is in that range (typically described as 60-80% of MHR) a large percentage of the calories being burned comes from fat. However, many believe that total calories burned is more important than your target heart rate zone, since if you burn more calories from carbohydrates during your workout, you will be burn more from fat throughout the rest of the day.