juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Creatine and Beta Alanine, stomach issues? please help

ive been using pro lab creapure for a couple months now with no issues. this week i added some beta alanine, the cheap supp brand. ive been doing one tsp each of the creatine and the beta alanine each day split up in to 2 doses (half tsp twice daily). i have only been on the beta alanine for a couple days and last night and the night before my stomach was bugging me, then today i put some in my protein shake before work and had diarrhea as soon as i got to work, then after my work out tonight i had beta alanine and creatine mixed with gatorade, then about 30min later had some whole wheat spaghetti for dinner and 10 min after that i had bad diarrhea again!!

the only thing different in my diet this week is the beta alanine, is this product known for stomach issues cause i didnt think it was? should i maybe try taking it by itself and not mix it with my creatine or protein shake? i know u r supposed to take it more then once a day but can i get away with taking it just once a day, maybe at night before bed, i thought i read that this was similar to creatine and once its saturated in your system it doesnt matter when u take it as long as its taken daily?

any feedback is appreciated, i just ordered this stuff and really wanted to give it a shot and would hate to have to stop using it because it messes with my stomach. i hear its supposed to work well with creatine, not give me the sh*ts!

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    never had GI issues with BA... try lowering the dose. instead of 1/2tsp (which should be about 2.5g or so), try taking 1/4tsp 3 or 4 times over the course of the day and see if that makes a difference.

fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by juliasdad View Post
    i know u r supposed to take it more then once a day but can i get away with taking it just once a day, maybe at night before bed, i thought i read that this was similar to creatine and once its saturated in your system it doesnt matter when u take it as long as its taken daily?
    Weird on the stomach issues.
    Have not experienced this myself.

Correct on the BA eventually reaching saturation in the body like creatine.
    I'd recommend BA be taken in divided doses over the course of the day.
    5-6g at once might lead to some bothersome parathesia (skin tingles).
    Focus, concentrate, lift, rest adequately, repeat. No talking.

The only way you will get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.
    The only way you will get stronger is by training with a stronger partner.

If you need to grunt while moving some heavy ass weight in the gym, go for it. I probably can't hear you anyway since I have some Black Sabbath turned to 11 in my ears.

But grunting in the locker room, especially from behind a stall door, is just fooking disturbing. Please refrain.

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Go with Smitty and divide it into smaller, more frequent doses.
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

ZacharyKonkel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZacharyKonkel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never isolated creatine or beta alanine, but ive noticed when I take a week off or increase my dosage of beta alanine I definitely get diarrhea. It's ****ty (lol), but I'd just take less.

Broser Built/AAEFX Fueled hercules455's Avatar
    hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try spreading your BA intake over 3-4 doses. This should help.
    All American EFX Rep
    Drug Free Natural Freak for Life
    Broser Built by PRRS and FDFS training systems
    www.prrsdvd.com
    www.x-reps.com
    www.aaefx.com

For a FREE sample of Karbolyn
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/karbolyn.html
    For a FREE sample of K-OTIC
    http://www.aaefx.com/secret/k-otic.html?....campaign=k-otic

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/aap.htm

juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000) juliasdad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am thinking Beta Alanine might not be for me but I dont get it, not many people seem to have stomach issues with it. I wanted to give it another go since its been a couple years, I just started taking it again, been on it close to 2 weeks, I take 1 tsp of creatine and beta alanine during workout with my gatorade. The first week I seemed ok, had diarrhea only once, didnt think much of it because I have mild IBS so I do have stomach issues randomly sometimes.

This week has been really bad, I thought I might be getting sick but now I am thinking its not that. for 3 days now I have had headaches on and off, diarrhea a few times, my body feels weird, I just dont feel right. Yesterday I didnt workout and took no supplements and this morning I felt a little off still but better, went the bathroom normal which was good. I worked out and had my beta alanine and creatine and an hour later had bad diarrhea. Ive been on creatine for a while now so I dont think its that. The only other new thing I can think of is I have been drinking a new flavored coffee this week but other then that I cant think of anything else this could be from.

So does it seem safe to say that I should just stop beta alanine and use only creatine? I was going to try just half a tsp tomorrow but I'm not sure if I want to even mess with it at this point. I am disappointing, I like to keep my supps simple these days and I was hoping this and creatine could be my only 2 other then protein and a multi. thanks for any advice

moorpheus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having the same problems. Just started supplementing with Beta Alanine and feeling good, but this morning, sudden, explosive (and continuing) diarrhea. I'm pounding down acidophilus and s. boulardii to get it under control.

To be fair, I've also recently re-added (I tend to cycle through enthusiasms) creatine, ornithine, arginine, and additional glutamine. Also, more calcium and magnesium (even though the magnesium is low diarrhea type). So, any of these could be the causative factor.

Today, I took a larger amount of BA than the past few days, and tomorrow, I'll cut back again (and take no more today). And I'll keep my eye on the creatine etc.

Oh yes, and I forgot, I've also taken some oxiracetam (nootropic) yesterday and today. I don't recall its ever having this effect.

Nice to know there's someone else with similar symptoms. No place special to go, so I'm okay. Hey, it means I lose a little weight anyway!!

Peace out!

44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by moorpheus View Post
    I'm having the same problems. Just started supplementing with Beta Alanine and feeling good, but this morning, sudden, explosive (and continuing) diarrhea. I'm pounding down acidophilus and s. boulardii to get it under control.

To be fair, I've also recently re-added (I tend to cycle through enthusiasms) creatine, ornithine, arginine, and additional glutamine. Also, more calcium and magnesium (even though the magnesium is low diarrhea type). So, any of these could be the causative factor.

Today, I took a larger amount of BA than the past few days, and tomorrow, I'll cut back again (and take no more today). And I'll keep my eye on the creatine etc.

Oh yes, and I forgot, I've also taken some oxiracetam (nootropic) yesterday and today. I don't recall its ever having this effect.

Nice to know there's someone else with similar symptoms. No place special to go, so I'm okay. Hey, it means I lose a little weight anyway!!

Peace out!

I doubt it's from the beta alanine if you just started taking all of those other things too, especially the magnesium (I have no idea what you mean by "low diarrhea type magnesium").

Watch your doses of those supplements too. For creatine; no more than 3-5g a day. For beta alanine the recommended amount is 3.2g per day split in to two 1.6g doses.

Also, there's no need to supplement with glutamine or arginine. Both have been proven in numerous studies to not do what they're claimed to do. In my opinion, they're both wastes of money.
    "Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself." - Jean Paul Sartre

Julie's Dad, thanks for the thread. It reassures me that it IS the BA that causes the diarrhea, so I've cut it out.

Bulldog, I cycle through things and I think I mentioned that I was restarting them, so I do have several years of experience with the various supplements and their effect on my body.

Glutamine is very effective for numerous things. I'm even more interested in the muscle between my ears <g> called my "brain" and there are many studies about the positive effects of glutamine in, e.g., the crossing of the blood-brain barrier, producing some neurotransmitters (esp GABA), (glutamine not glutamate). Further, it's helpful in maintaining stability of blood sugar. Glutamine also assists gut, pancreas, and various enzymes. So, don't be so quick to reject it.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We are quick to reject it because its the most abundant amino acid found in protein powder. So supplementing with bulk glutamine is pointless if you use protein powder.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by moorpheus View Post
    Julie's Dad, thanks for the thread. It reassures me that it IS the BA that causes the diarrhea, so I've cut it out.

Bulldog, I cycle through things and I think I mentioned that I was restarting them, so I do have several years of experience with the various supplements and their effect on my body.

Glutamine is very effective for numerous things. I'm even more interested in the muscle between my ears <g> called my "brain" and there are many studies about the positive effects of glutamine in, e.g., the crossing of the blood-brain barrier, producing some neurotransmitters (esp GABA), (glutamine not glutamate). Further, it's helpful in maintaining stability of blood sugar. Glutamine also assists gut, pancreas, and various enzymes. So, don't be so quick to reject it.
    yep, I stopped the Beta Alanine and i am fine now, just using Creatine. seems like this isnt very common but ive read it does effect a few people. White Flood has Beta Alanine in it and that never messed with me so I dont get it, maybe cause its a lower dose. I just ordered the new White Flood Reborn today so hopefully I will be fine with that.

Ive learned to keep it simple these days, just creatine, Whey and multi, and a pre workout sometimes, its been a while since ive used one so i am looking forward to trying the new White Flood

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    We are quick to reject it because its the most abundant amino acid found in protein powder. So supplementing with bulk glutamine is pointless if you use protein powder.
    Being educated is important. And ridiculing a product without knowledge is a disservice to people who read this forum. When comments are written, specifics are important or you give misinformation. Glutamine is useful in many ways.

Originally Posted by juliasdad View Post
    yep, I stopped the Beta Alanine and i am fine now, just using Creatine. seems like this isnt very common but ive read it does effect a few people. White Flood has Beta Alanine in it and that never messed with me so I dont get it, maybe cause its a lower dose. I just ordered the new White Flood Reborn today so hopefully I will be fine with that.

Ive learned to keep it simple these days, just creatine, Whey and multi, and a pre workout sometimes, its been a while since ive used one so i am looking forward to trying the new White Flood
    Good for you. We have to find what works for our specific bodies. Like you, I've stopped Beta Alanine, and might revisit at some time. Thanks for your insights.

MrJackBauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem. I used Creatine for some time now and never had stomach problems with it. I am conservative with supplements, it always took some time before I used Protein Powder and than Creatine. Recently I bought BA, because the consens seems to be that it is working and there are no severe side effect. The paresthesia doesn't bother me, in fact I find it interesting and it shows you that something is going on in your body instead that the stuff you ingest is just turned into glykogen or fat. But EVERY time i took it only about 20 min afterwards I had to run to the toilet and/or felt sick.

I have been taken it for about 2 weeks mixed with my protein shake and Creatine. Lately I had to make a pause in my training for a couple of days, because I felt overtrained. Looking back I am starting to suspect it is rather because of the BA. Today I thought I'm rested enough to start my training again but it was catastrophic. I decided to stop taking BA, since it is ruining my performance in the gym.

If anyone has similar experiences, please post it here. It would be interesting to know if there are more people with this problem, which was not included in the side effects I read about this substance. There is of course the possibility that we all got products that are in some way contaminated and it is not the BA itself that causes this. The one I got was a special cheap offer, which makes me suspicious.

kazminor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Well, i had the same problem: BA is a bomb for my stomach. My dosage was 2.5gr in one take and after 10 minutes diarrhea.
    Last week I stopped taking BA and i was perfect. This week I decided to take again but in smaller dosage (1 g) and my stomach has resisted until today but this morning... kabooomm!
    My BA is "Universal" Brand, and smells like rotten eggs

MrJackBauer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kazminor View Post
    Well, i had the same problem: BA is a bomb for my stomach. My dosage was 2.5gr in one take and after 10 minutes diarrhea.
    Last week I stopped taking BA and i was perfect. This week I decided to take again but in smaller dosage (1 g) and my stomach has resisted until today but this morning... kabooomm!
    My BA is "Universal" Brand, and smells like rotten eggs
    Since I do not want to throw away 2 whole cans of this stuff without giving it a second chance I also tried very small dosages(1g maybe). Similar results like you. I will try not to go above 1g and maybe only taking it every two days. If this does not work I have at least a very effective laxative in my medicine chest.

My Brand is "MySupps"(German Manufacturer). It smells sweet, I guess there is artifical aroma in it(Rheum I think).
    What does an Emo and a Bodybuilder have in common?

- Telling everyone how good the pain made them feel when they hurt themselves.

kazminor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes. 1gr/day only feel sides effects since 4th day. Maybe ill do the same as you 1 gr alternating days. And only 2-3 grams max per week

vegdr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Methinks the BA is messing me up now that I have read this thread. I'm gonna stop it a couple of days and report back. I have had BAD diarrhea for several days now while taking it. Mine is from truenutrition.

BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrandonBB2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sorry for the large bump/necro

BA had this same effect on me. I tried lowering the dosage to 1.5g, 1g, and still, throughout the whole day I was dumping all the food I was eating. Before I had my nutrition somewhat in line, I would get IBS like symptoms from bad food. This supp has basically brought me back to those nightmarish days. I gave it
    nearly two weeks but last night I felt ill at the gym and am now dropping it two days earlier than I said I would (if my body wouldn't accept it). I may try it again in a month or so but for now it's back to just creatine.