Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which one is better “ Whole wheat tortilla “ OR “long grain brown rice “

Which one is better “ Whole wheat tortilla “ OR “long grain brown rice “ or something else for lunch with chicken or fish ..?

target :cutting ..........

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Sboise View Post
    Which one is better “ Whole wheat tortilla “ OR “long grain brown rice “ or something else for lunch with chicken or fish ..?

target :cutting ..........
    You could try a small sweet potato.

Why do you need to choose one or the other? If both are fine then mix things up in your diet plan so you are not eating the same thing over & over.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They're both fine, but now that you mentioned tortillas and fish in the same sentence I want to make some fish tacos tonight.

Tasty fish tacos

Whole wheat tortilla
    Your favorite flaky white fish (white fish has more mild flavor than something like salmon)
    chopped cabbage
    Diced tomatoes
    chopped cilantro
    chopped scallions (green onions)
    fresh lime juice
    fat free mayo
    white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
    salt
    fat free sour cream if you like

Mix mayo, lime juice, vinegar and salt to taste.
    Fill tortilla with fish, cabbage, tomatoes, add cilantro and scallions as desired. Plop on some mayo/lime mixture and sour cream. Enjoy!

You can make modifications to it to suit your own taste.

rlund25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like rice mostly because im allergic to wheat. Rice is a good carb in my book and with chicken and some vegetables your set.

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    They're both fine, but now that you mentioned tortillas and fish in the same sentence I want to make some fish tacos tonight.

Tasty fish tacos

Whole wheat tortilla
    Your favorite flaky white fish (white fish has more mild flavor than something like salmon)
    chopped cabbage
    Diced tomatoes
    chopped cilantro
    chopped scallions (green onions)
    fresh lime juice
    fat free mayo
    white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
    salt
    fat free sour cream if you like

Mix mayo, lime juice, vinegar and salt to taste.
    Fill tortilla with fish, cabbage, tomatoes, add cilantro and scallions as desired. Plop on some mayo/lime mixture and sour cream. Enjoy!

You can make modifications to it to suit your own taste.
    Sounds like a good recipe. I love fish tacos!
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool.. so now I’m going to cook fish + brown rice+ 2 spoon olive oil and add some spices ( salt Etc ) + raw ginger + tamato ( like Fish fried rice ) for lucnh and dinner and Tuna wrap for 11:00 AM and wheat toast and chicken pieces PREWO ...Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can you explain to me when yoy say 1 Cup cooked rice .. means 8oz ( CUP ) ? Shoud I eat 8oz or less than that ?

Thanks everyone !!!
    Last edited by Sboise; 01-29-2007 at 08:19 PM.