cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question about Tattoo's

Hello, I consider myself an avid bodybuilder, and have been lifting for about 20years, I'm 43 5'6" and have a pretty well built frame, I do get a lot of complements on my frame and build, I am considering getting a tattoo, just one on my outter deltoids, I do have well rounded shoulders and think a tattoo would look good, here is my question,
    in your opinion do tattoo's reduce the "Body Builder" "Look"? meaning we all look at other people in the gym and say "that guy has greats quads" or that girls Triceps look well defined, looking at this from a "Fitness, Bodybuilder" does it diminish the "Look"? would a judge rate me lower in a comp if i had a tattoo? do you ladies prefer tattoo-less Arms vs Tattooed? I see a few guys in the gym that are just covered in tattoo's and the ink really covers up the definition cuts.
    sorry for the avalanche of questions, I know everyone that reads these forums has really good advice and I figured I would see you opinion, pros or cons.

thank you very much for your feedback

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the coloring book look (heavily inked) but one tat like u want is easily covered with dermablend body make up if ur gonna compete and r worried about showing ink.

Can't wait 'til my husband starts on his sleeves. I'm a bad influence lol.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am semi heavily tattooed and like the way it looks (full sleeve right arm, half sleeve left, back, neck, etc...). Have a look at Dr. Jim Stoppani, very heavily tattooed and he is ripped. It really just depends on what you like.

jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    re: does it diminish the "Look"? would a judge rate me lower in a comp if i had a tattoo? do you ladies prefer tattoo-less Arms vs Tattooed?

dude, you get tats for you if you're into that. if you give a damn about what others think, you probably shouldn't get one.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jpnvz View Post
    re: does it diminish the "Look"? would a judge rate me lower in a comp if i had a tattoo? do you ladies prefer tattoo-less Arms vs Tattooed?

dude, you get tats for you if you're into that. if you give a damn about what others think, you probably shouldn't get one.
    ^This.

I've hated the state of counterculture ever since tattoos went mainstream.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    ^This.

I've hated the state of counterculture ever since tattoos went mainstream.
    I feel the same way about most people who ride motorcycles these days. Bunch of wannabes with clean leathers and skull patterned bandanas.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cnc7 View Post
    in your opinion do tattoo's reduce the "Body Builder" "Look"?
    In all honesty, in my opinion, they take away from anyone's natural beauty...not just bb'ers. But there's plenty of folks that would disagree. In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks If you think a tat on your shoulder would look good then you go and get yourself a tat on your shoulder and more power to ya. I would agree with jp...if you give a damn about what others think you probably shouldn't get one.
    No one raindrop believes it is to be blamed for the flood. -anonymous

juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juanmorep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not trying to be negative, but.......If you have that many concerns about getting tattooed maybe you shouldn't do it. Right now you can change your mind as much as you want, after you get tattooed it's too late to change. Before you do something permanent to your body, your mind should be made up no matter what the consequences because that's what you've decided to do!

Personally I like the way it looks......as mentioned earlier check out Jim Stoppani! You'll probably want sleaves after seeing him! LOL

TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000)

yup, this here^^^. It has to be for yourself or you will have regrets. I started getting tattoos in 82. I have no regrets, love them all. Matter of fact, I have an appointment to complete my latest piece next Saturday. Can't wait!

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    I agree it should be a personal decision. Don't decide based on others' opinions. I choose not to tattoo, but others do. It's my body and theirs is theirs, to do with as they please. Do whatever pleases YOU.
    Overweight and arrogant

ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

+1,000,000,000,000

If you want a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo, skip it. When something in your life effects you to the point that you want to remember it and share it. then ink it.

butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^^^this x 1000000000!
    ~Chanda~

Yes, right now it is all about me!

Desire. Drive. Dedication. Determination. You don't have it? Then move out of my way!

Pain means progress, so just bring it!

~Stronger than your average bitch~

my journal~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126298303

ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ernhrt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I feel the same way about most people who ride motorcycles these days. Bunch of wannabes with clean leathers and skull patterned bandanas.
    I have nothing against clean leathers, but totally agree with disliking the R.U.B's. (Rich Urban Bikers).

I use to clean my gear every two weeks, I rode at night a lot.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are times I have wanted to get a tattoo, but never do. I still fill I would regret it the next day. I dont have piercings or tattoos or anything yet and not sure I ever will.
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Show up to an H.O.G. meeting & 90% of the folks there would easily fit the mold of wannabe. Got so frickin tried of dealing with their crap that I had to get out. Can't just get on the bikes & ride, no they have to pre plan the ride, then pre-ride the ride & have to stop for gas every 20 miles, etc. Absolutely sickening.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Show up to an H.O.G. meeting & 90% of the folks there would easily fit the mold of wannabe. Got so frickin tried of dealing with their crap that I had to get out. Can't just get on the bikes & ride, no they have to pre plan the ride, then pre-ride the ride & have to stop for gas every 20 miles, etc. Absolutely sickening.

We logged 440 miles today. We were actually at our breakfast stop, and we were talking abut the HOG chapter in our area. It was not a good conversation if you happen to belong to that chapter. We weren't very nice. I know the chapters differ from place to place, but I've not heard much good about any of them. We had planned to ride 100 miles, and did 440. Go figure.

Originally Posted by ernhrt View Post
    I have nothing against clean leathers, but totally agree with disliking the R.U.B's. (Rich Urban Bikers).

I use to clean my gear every two weeks, I rode at night a lot.
    Well, I keep my clothing (because it is pretty expensive) in a state of good repair. I guess when I say "clean", I should have said "unweathered" and primarily reserved for bike nights.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    I like the coloring book look (heavily inked) but one tat like u want is easily covered with dermablend body make up if ur gonna compete and r worried about showing ink.

Can't wait 'til my husband starts on his sleeves. I'm a bad influence lol.
    One day I woke up and realized that one of my tattoos had went out and got a tattoo. I'm done up and would have to apply dermablend with a 4" brush. No regrets though, gotta love the ink.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dw33z1L will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a tat that goes all the way around my right bicep/tricep...from elbow, to where the delts meet the bicep/tricep area. I love the tattoo, it has signficance for me and I wouldn't trade it for the world (well, maybe the WORLD, but not much else). I WILL say, however, that the definition in my right bicep/tricep is much harder to make out than on my left arm.

SO, if you want to be able to see the definition, a tat might not be for you. If you have something in mind that really has some significance...and you're not a huge competitor, I say go for the ink...especially if it's actually on your delt, that seems to be a pretty safe place for a tattoo; that's where the tat on my left arm resides. While there can be some definition there, it's not normally as prounounced as the definition in other areas (like bicep/tricep area).

If you're big into the competitions, there are some really good products out there that cover up any body ink or skin imperfections. Go for it, you only live once...

Regarding the whole biker thing...been there done that. I'm selling my bike as I don't ride it as much as I used to and need the money to help finance a bunch of mods I'm making to a new project car. Also, quite frankly, I got tired of the old grissled riders bitching about the newbies, and the newbies worrying too much about where they're going to stop for brunch and which wax creates a better shine rather than just riding their flippin' bikes. Much money can be saved by just buying the biker wear and ditching the bike if you're not going to ride it. Why can't folks just let everyone do their own thing and stop bitching about what everyone else is doing? More drama that a bunch of 'tween girls at a Twilight movie...
    Is that a real poncho, or a Sears poncho?